Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great actresses

Go down 
+4
aerwin
Luca
firecracker
frazzle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 4:30 pm

Name some of your faves.

Vanessa Redgrave in Julia
Meryl Streep in Sophie's Choice

more to come...
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 3:43 pm

I love Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Hillary Swank, America Ferrara, Jennifer Love Hewett, and Lauren Graham. These are the new breed!

For the older actresses my fave was Natalie Wood (named a doll after her), Audrey Hepburn, Kate Hepburn, Goldie Hawn and Faye Dunaway.

I do like Meryl Streep a lot too. I have not seen The Devil Wears Prada yet, but I do plan to rent it one of these days!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 10:29 pm

Meryl Streep in Sophie's Choice is hard to beat by any actress out there -her performance just ripped my heart out.

Sally Fields in Sybil. I'll never forget that one either.

Jodie Foster in Nell. Breathtaking.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 4:07 pm

My favorites: Helen Mirren , Judi Dench, Cate Blanchett, Jodie Foster, Meryl Streep, Minnie Driver.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:26 pm

Has anyone seen the latest "More" magazine cover with Patricia Clarkson on it? Dayum she is gorgeous! I bought it just to read the article about her.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 1:00 am

Patricia Clarkson! Love her. Quirky in a way that appeals to me. I have not seen the magazine, but I hope it means she is about to play a big part in something.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:00 am

Hilary Swank was pretty amazing in Boys Don't Cry.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 10:17 am

I have a subscription to More and it came yesterday. Haven't read that article yet. Why are all the clothes in there so dang expensive? They think just because you're over 40 that you're magically rich.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
aerwin

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 12:36 pm

austin wrote:
I have a subscription to More and it came yesterday. Haven't read that article yet. Why are all the clothes in there so dang expensive? They think just because you're over 40 that you're magically rich.
Amen to that! I subscribe ti that mag and others. I cannot believe some of them have shirts for 400.00 and purses for thousands.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 1:24 pm

I thought Hillary Swank was also great in Million Dollar Baby.

I guess I like Susan Sarandon and Jodie Foster the best out of the actresses around today but usually I prefer the ones from the glory days of Hollywood like Katharine Hepburn and Bette Davis. I love Rosalind Russell in "Auntie Mame"

Another contemporary actress I really like is Anne Hathaway who starred in the Princess Diary movies and was also in The Devil Wears Prada. She was also in Brokeback Mountain.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:27 pm

I just saw Cate Blanchette in "Elizabeth" and I think she's just amazing. I thought she should have won for the first one. I shan't comment about Clive Owen here, since this is the actresses thread.

If you haven't seen Cate in "Notes on a Scandal" please do!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 6:21 am

Cate is one of my favorite actresses hands down. she is brilliant. I loved Elizabeth, both of them .But I am obsessed with any and all things about the tudors. Actually most of my favorite actresses are not American.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 3:03 am

Cate is so good I forget about her..maybe not a perfect thing for being a celebrity, but it sure counts in terms of me paying to see everything she does.

I love Suan Sarandon for different reasons..she is just cool and funny and sexy.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 5:53 am

This is really cool. It's a montage of many great actresses - well done.

http://glumbert.com/wii/view.php?name=womenfilm
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
frazzle

frazzle

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 10:52 am

Austin, that is indeed cool. Thanks for the link!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great actresses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great actresses   Great actresses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great actresses
Page 1 of 1