Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 7:06 am

So glad your little granddaughter is feeling all better! I always knew my kids were fine but I missed them so. I HAD to talk to them everyday! Very cool about your son being a stay at home dad! I bet he loves it. Too bad DIL isn't more active in the upbringing, but there are a lot of women more involved with career. That was never me. Kids are my career! I loved being a mom so much I opened a daycare so I could always be a "mom" of lots of little kids!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 8:39 am

I applaud you FC in your whole attitude towards children.

My son had a great job at a great company........he did his job so well that they wouldn't move him any farther up or to another shift (he worked nights) because they wanted him where he was, knowing if they lost him, that shift wouldn't perform as well. Ha! The company had a good profit sharing plan and he had worked there for quite a while...he got tired of not seeing his kids, having daycare raise them....so he retired from the company!!! He'll find something when both are in school. It has allowed him to train for all his triathlons and Ironman competitions though!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 9:46 am

Good for him Sky... Sounds like he has his priorities in the right place!

Life is too short to let it slip away married to some awful job that does'nt value you.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 9:52 am

Aw thanks Sky I love you Children are the most beautiful creatures on the planet! Well, Clay is a close second Wink ! Followed by Pullip dolls and jewelry!!! I have a blast with the kids. Summer is going to be crazy! I will have 8 every day, but off on Weds. Trying to make lunch exciting everyday gets challenging though. I do have lots of great new cupcake decorating ideas for this summer. I love my Kraft cookbooks!

I am so glad that your son gave up that job so that he can spend time with the kids. It is sooooo important. He will look back on so many better memories than if he had stayed at that night shift job. How wonderful that he is so athletic! Wish I could be all gong-ho on all that working out Embarassed I did just get a treadmill. It was my dad's, but obviously he can't use it anymore. It is a real nice one. He only had it a couple years. He got it from Sears. I am really enjoying using that. We also got the exercise bike.

Enjoy the week ahead! Hope you and the grandkids have lots of fun plans!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 4:00 pm

DH and I are going away (yeah, 20 miles to downtown Austin!), for some alone time. We severely need it.

The last time we did that was 2 years ago also around now (around our anniversary time). We had a great dinner, walked around, (then DH started feeling a little dizzy), went back to the room because of it, then he had a headache, he fell asleep and he didn't wake up until 10 the next morning. I went swimming by myself, ate the rest of our chocolate dessert, watched TV, etc.

I used Priceline and got us a room at the Hilton downtown for Sunday night. Got a $200 room for $95. Trying to take advantage of my mom being here. Hopefully, it goes better this time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 5:05 pm

That sounds wonderful Austin! Have an amazing time!! You deserve it I love you

Don't you love when you get a great room for a great rate? Two years ago on a trip to NYC and DC we decided to wing it our first night and drive as far as possible and than get a room somewhere for the night. We only stay at nice places anyway, but we stopped at a beautiful Marriott. We asked for a room with two queen or double beds. The only room they had was this fancy multi room suite. They said we could have it for the $99 for the double queen room. We were thrilled and couldn't believe our luck! It doesn't happen that often. We were sad we were only there one night!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 6:45 am

Well, 1:00 PM today we will be leaving to go to my son's graduation ceremony. I cannot believe it! He finished HS last Weds. He is official a college man Shocked How did that happen scratch Seems only yesterday was the first day of pre-school. He cried his eyes out as I left him there Crying or Very sad Today, I will be the one crying Embarassed After the ceremony we are going to the golf club for dinner. We just love it there. Amazing food and gorgeous views while we eat. I am still trying to pick a date for his party. The boy is invited to like 10 parties and doesn't want to have his on those dates so it may be August before he has a free Saturday Razz Like he says, it will feel more like a going off to college party by then!

Have a great day ladies!

ETA: The rain is over and the sun is out! They say sunny, 73 and calm winds. Could we have a more perfect day for this special event?! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 9:09 am

I'm glad the weather will be good for you! I had planned on getting outside today to tend to the flower beds, which were neglected for 2 weeks.....but........it's raining today!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 10:56 am

FC, many congratulations and mazel tov! Have a wonderful day!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 6:25 pm

Thanks! It was amazing! I was in tears through the whole damn thing! All the music was wonderful and the kid's speeches were so touching Crying or Very sad It was the most perfect weather! We had a fabulous meal at the golf club! It is 7:15 PM. We just got home from dinner and the graduate has left to go to two parties tonight! Oh what fun to be young! I did the same thing the night of my HS graduation. He's so sweet - he just called to tell me he got to the first party safe and he will call when he gets to the second party.

Before graduation!
Chitchat - Page 6 IM001280

The grad and proud mom!
Chitchat - Page 6 IM001294
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 6:40 pm

Hee. Now I see why you are a Clay Aiken fan. He looks a bit like your son. LOL.

Great picture, Firecracker. Thanks for sharing those with us.

My children are younger, but I have a brag. My son Sam received an academic award for having the highest grades in his fourth grade class!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 7:06 pm

Laughing You are not the first person to say he looks a little like Clay in pix. I don't see it in RL though.

Congrats to Sam! That is wonderful. Give him high fives from me! My boys were always straight A's in elementary school. My 16 year old won a National award and was included in a special academic book. Freshmen year and the first half of sophomore year his grades dipped. The second half he made High Honor Roll both qtrs. I hope he can keep it up the next two years. Eric, who just graduated, his grades dipped a bit sophomore and junior year but made High Honors and all A's the last 3 qtrs. of senior year. I hope he continues to do well in college. I think he will.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 9:26 pm

OMG FC! You and your son are both so adorable!!!! Congratulations to you both!

I had 2 nieces and 1 nephew graduate on Friday in Texas. We got to see one of them walk via live web cam, it was very cool.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 9:46 pm

Aw, thanks Luca! They aren't the best pix of us. It was so sunny out we are squinting, but it isn't too bad.

Very cool indeed that you could see the graduation via web-cam! What a great age we live in!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 11:46 pm

Wow, FC....you are very pretty and your son is very cute. I can see the Clay likeness too. Smile It's such a proud moment when we see our children graduate, you can't help but be a little teary eyed! How thoughtful that he would call to let you know he arrived safely.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 10:02 am

Aw, thank you Sky! I am SHORT! Ugh! But, I was wearing my new Daisy Fuentes platforms which gave me some height! BTW, those shoes were $54 but I ended up getting them for $8! Kohls had them marked down for a one day sale to $18 plus I had a $10 gift card they sent in the mail in honor of the remodeling finally being done at our store. I LOVE deals like that!

Eric is a total sweetie! We have are moments when we butt heads, but we are very close. I love him to pieces! I warned hubby if he thought I was emotional at this graduation just wait two years when my baby graduates Crying or Very sad The girl who was the senior glass treasurer gave a little speech right before the end and she was so chocked up and tried so hard to fight off her tears and that really got to me too. She was a doll and tried so hard to be strong. By the end of her speech she could hardly talk. I was so proud of all those kids!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 3:19 pm

Why, little miss firecracker, I do declare you are a red hot mama!

I think your son looks very sweet and smart in a Clay sort of way (though your son has more maniless about him).

Congrats on the special day, and congrats on bringing up a good kid!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 3:52 pm

Thanks so much Frazz! Sending hugs and kisses out to you! Well, it takes one red hot mama to know another red hot mama, right I love you
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 10:42 pm

Wow! I had no idea you were so blonde and sexy! And your son's cute too!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 9:06 am

Thanks Austin! You mean you couldn't tell from my posts I was blonde?! Razz
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 11:11 am

firecracker wrote:
Thanks Austin! You mean you couldn't tell from my posts I was blonde?! Razz

NO, I could not!

Do you wear your hair like that everyday? I have never looked glamorous like that a day in my life. The best I have ever done is cute or a little pretty occasionally.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 12:33 pm

Aw, you are so sweet! Yes, I wear my hair like that every day. Sometimes all down. I always were make-up too. Not true - you looked gorgeous in that pic when you saw GB. Just gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 5:42 am

FC your son is a doll! you hair is beautiful!. My nephew graduated last weekend and I wept all through the ceremony . I cannot imagine what I will be like in two years when my son graduates. Is your husband a redhead? My nephew has red hair and my son's hair is as blonde as yours.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 7:19 am

Thanks Aerwin! No, hubby has dark brown hair - with silver highlights Razz I guess you would call it salt and pepper! Wink
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 8:55 pm

I need some brainstorming here. I live in a very citified section of West Hollywood, but there is a little backyard with overgrown vegetation.

I came home this evening to find a white (most likely abandoned grown up Easter Bunny) next to my parking space. I tried to gently call it to me, but she/he ran off under a fence and into the yard.

I quietly went into the yard, and the bunny sped off to unknown non-yard parts. I looked but could not find it. I put out some water and looked up what rabbits eat,-- the types of grass overgrown vegetation in the yard turn out to be perfect-- but I would really like to save this bunny. There are animal rescue places that will take it if I can catch it, but they won't go looking.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: