Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 10:13 pm

Yay to birthdays and yay to new friends!

cheers cheers cheers

I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 10:34 pm

FC,

Happy Belated Birthday! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 11:38 pm

Chitchat - Page 2 Birthd_003sm2 Firecracker, I hope your Birthday was very special!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 5:57 am

Thanks ladies! It was a very nice birthday this year. We celebrated with family on Sunday, and my daycare "family" gave me gorgeous flowers, a Kohls gift card and cash. I got cards and calls from friends and cousins. I felt both loved and lucky!

Friday morning I am going shopping!

Hope you all have a beautiful day! We have SNOW and it freezing! I am off today and plan to get the Easter stuff put away, do some paper work take some pix of my birthday dolls and christen the new chocolate fountain when the boys get home from school. I got strawberries, bananas, pretzils and graham cracker sticks for our dipping pleasure!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 7:10 am

I'm glad it was a special day!

Chocolate fountain, yum. We're going to rent one for my son's bar mitzvah. Maybe I should just do that now? Although the party's not for almost 2 years!

It is 60 and sunny right now. Don't hit. Predicted high is 83. Don't hit again. Austin springs can be really glorious. I think similar to San Diego and LA summers.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 4:02 pm

Happy Bday FC ! bounce
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 4:16 pm

Well, let me tell you about our afternoon. I planned the chocolate fountain and fruit to be all ready when my boys got home from HS. The fountain was going, but it was not flowing as evenly as I wanted it to and as it shows (and I can be a perfectionist, a quality I do not like about myself) anyway, the book said try adding more oil. So I did. It didn't get better. So I added more. Got worse. So then it says try more chocolate. So I am melting more chocolate in the microwave when it starts making horrible sounds and sparks are shooting everywhere. The wall of it is black with soot. It is several years old and I guess it just blew. I let it cool, tried again and it was even worse. So hubby took it to the trash (today is pick-up) and it is now gone. So while I am cleaning the one from the basement to bring up until I can go get a new one (the one is the basement is just a big, old back-up) my younger son yells "Hey mom, why is rain pouring in the living room window?" affraid So, I am cleaning that up, and we are trying to figure out why that is happening when older son yells "hey mom, why is water pouring out of the bottom of the dishwasher? " affraid So, hubby is working on window, I am working on dishwasher. I get it to run and the leak seems to stop. Then we smell burning plastic coming from it. The top of te chocolate fountain came out of the basket and is down on the bottom starting to melt. Thank god I got it out before anything bad happened. So what an afternoon. We have the leak from the living room window down to a trickle. Hopefully hubby can fix it completely when weather permits. I am hoping the dishwasher leak is just because of the way I had the fountain bowl setting in it. Guess time will tell on that one.

The chocolate fountain seems fun and it was yummy with the fruit, but it is kinda messy to clean it all up. You have to take it all apart to wash and of course it is all covered with chocolate. But, it should be fun at parties and with the kiddies.

Austin, if you are renting one I sugguest experimenting with it a little before your party. I followed the instructions to the letter with the ratio of oil to chocolate and still it didn't flow right. Depending on which type of chocolate you use it may reguire more or less oil. So I will be playing around with it a few times before the graduation party and see which one works best.

Hi Aerwin!! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 5:15 am

Just dashing in here while working on setting up the garage sale. Luckily it's not raining (it usually rains during our neighborhood garage sales.)

F/C: Well, I'm glad the fountain finally worked for you. Quite an afternoon. Blowing out the microwave, a leak in the window (?), and a leak in the dishwasher. At first I thought it was ALL the fountain's fault! So part of the fountain was starting to melt in the dishwasher but you got it out in time? Did you have to let the plastic cool?

At the party, we'll be renting one of those big industrial strength models and hopefully one of the people working there will know how to do it. I'm not good with mechanical stuff at all, unfortunately. Unless I REALLY concentrate and I'm sure I'll be too nervous, etc. to do that.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 6:51 am

I got the piece out in time, thank goodness. I would have been so upset if the fountain was ruined. It's just a good thing I was in the kitchen to smell it and knew what was happening. I have had things melt in there before.

Those super big fountains are amazing. If you are having people work the party than you have no worries. We are only having about 60 to 70 people so I think I can handle everything. Son grads on May 27th and we will go out to dinner afterwards with the grandparents, but the party will be Sat. June 2nd, so I shouldn't be all nervous and emotional like I will be on the day of the actual graduation. I will of course be in a panic that the house is perfect and we have enough food. We are having the main course catered and getting the cake from the bakery so we are set there. It will be all the appetizers, drinks etc. I will worry about. But, I have done several big parties now and they always turn out great so I will keep reminding myself that everything will be fine. Clean up however will be a bitch Mad
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 7:23 pm

FC, how's your dad doing?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 8:12 pm

Frazz, I have left lots of info in the AI thread - but be careful, spoiler info about tonight's bootee is in there!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 8:55 pm

I think I won't go to the Ai thread until after I watch tonight.

I hope you will bring your Dad news into this thread.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 9:05 pm

I'm copying my posts here:

Quote :
Hi ladies ! Just checking in on a break from the hospital. I came home to cook dinner and I will be leaving in about an hour to go back. When I got to my folks house may dad was really bad. Couldn't walk, we could hardly get him to the car. Not really able to speak. Shaking. Not good. My folks are only 15 mins to a really good hospital. Del Nor. Last year it was rated #5 in the country. It is our hospital too, put takes us a little longer to get there. I live 15 mins. from my folks. Anyway, all we know right now is that he has a very bad infection going thru his system. They pumped in the strongest anti-biotic. I never even heard of it before. He is completely out of it - sleeping. They were moving him to a regular room and said he would be out for awhile, so I came home to cook dinner and freshen up a little and grab a bite. I am hopfully that since he is not in intensive care right now that that is a good sign. The bad thing is they removed all the wrapping from his toes (the ones they think he will lose) and I am telling you all but his baby toe looks like they went thru a meat grinder. All broken open, bloody and deformed looking. I am now convienced that the toes will go and maybe the foot. I don't know yet if the infection is from the toes or something different. I hope to know more when I return from tonight's visit. I do know he will be in the hospital for awhile - that they did tell us. I know losing the foot, or even just the toes, will be rough, but I will be relieved if they can clear the infection and he gets more back to himself. Trust me, when I got him into the ER he really looked like this was the beginning of the end. I am staying positive for now. Hubby says "regular room = good sign". I am hanging onto that thought right now.

As for AI, can you believe all the stink about Simon and rolling his eyes?! I wonder who goes tonight? I hope we can catch it on the TV in dad's room. As always, thanks for your good thoughts and ears and shoulders! Love ya~

(Sky, my dad is a diabetic and hurt his toes a several months ago. They cannot get them to heal because he has very poor circulation in that leg. He also has the diabetic ulcers on his feet. The wound center has been doing everything they can, but nothing will heal which is why he may be losing the toes)

A few hours later.

Quote :
Spent 3 hours with my dad. He ate a lot of his dinner and was speaking much better and staying awake. Friends/neighbors came to visit so mom and I left. His primary doc is suppose to see him some time tonight. I was upset that they did not have his open wounds wrapped and I made the nurse wrap his foot, at least until a doctor saw him. They are still pumping meds into his veins.

Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 11:40 pm

Oh, FC, how painful! My best hugs and thoughts go out to you.

OK, we have a new thread called Personal Struggles in this section, so that we can all get comfor and support when we need it. I copied FC's update on her dad there. Please do check that thread periodically. We all need support from time to time.

On the Chit-chat level, feel free to bring up whatever interests you.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 4:23 pm

So I smashed my head after I got home with the kids this afternoon. Owww!

We have this open framed 4-drawer thing that I got at IKEA. It's in the living room near the door. When I came home I dropped my purse near it and my cell phone fell out. I bent down to pick it up and SMASHED my forehead into the metal corner of the thing. After jumping around, I sat down on the couch with a few tears. My 7-year-old ran to the frig and got out an ice pack, wrapped it in a towel and put it on my head. My 11-year-old was giving me hugs and telling me I was awesome.

Please be advised that these are VERY unusual occurences, but it did feel good to have someone take care of me for a change.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 7:11 pm

Oh no! That sounds so painful! Do you have a big bruise or a bump? How sweet of your little ones I love you They are so precious at that age. I hope you will be OK Chitchat - Page 2 Group-Hug
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 8:15 pm

Austin, you do have a charming way of describing adverity. LOL! OUCH on your head, and Awwww on the kids taking care of you.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 11:49 pm

Thanks. Yes, doing better. It's really only sore when I touch it now (so, don't touch it!)

cyclops

I didn't feel good before I hit my head and then I really didn't feel good. Not hungry for dinner and didn't make any for anyone else. Oops! No, DH was fine with it. I got into bed about 8 and he gave the kids something, I don't know what. I just woke up and now I'll probably be up for hours. Just spoke with Frankie; she's driving on her way to a little vacation for the weekend. I hope she can stay awake.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 7:02 am

Glad you got some rest and you're feeling better Austin. You must be careful with head injuries. Make sure you eat! Take it easy today though.
Back to top Go down
mishmash

mishmash

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 7:42 pm

I'm feeling especially chatty today. I have a question I've been meaning to ask Frazzle for a long time which I hope she doesn't mind. Fraz, I remember you at the BB being a staunch defender of Mama Betty and in the early days, you were quick to jump to her defense when a poster would ask or say something negative ( I did and you snarled at me at the BBs - I was suspicious of Mama Betty's famewhory motives) about her like who is she to PFTSOB. You even raised money for her to go to LA and bonded with her there. May I ask what set you off against her?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 8:13 pm

mishmash wrote:
I'm feeling especially chatty today. I have a question I've been meaning to ask Frazzle for a long time which I hope she doesn't mind. Fraz, I remember you at the BB being a staunch defender of Mama Betty and in the early days, you were quick to jump to her defense when a poster would ask or say something negative ( I did and you snarled at me at the BBs - I was suspicious of Mama Betty's famewhory motives) about her like who is she to PFTSOB. You even raised money for her to go to LA and bonded with her there. May I ask what set you off against her?

Chitchat - Page 2 Popc1
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 12:28 am

What happened? I got to know her better.

I am sorry I snarled at you.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 5:42 am

Well ladies the pain meds made me very sick. So unless you are used to taking something , don't. I had a nightmare day Fri. Sick with stitches in my mouth. So then I had a presriotion called in for nausea. So basically i was knocked out. How do people pop those things like tic-tacs?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 5:58 am

Aerwin, I warned you in the other thread about those nasty little pills! I don't know how people can take them all the time No Sorry you had such a rough time with them. I hope things get better real soon! Chitchat - Page 2 Flowers
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 6:26 am

Aerwin, are those the Vicodins? I'm sorry that happened. I don't think they really know how anyone is going to react until they actually take them. For some reason people have different body chemistry, I guess, and that makes for differing reactions.

When I took Vicodin it gave me no pain relief and just made me itch. When I took a Zoloft once (supposed to relax you), I spent the afternoon not being able to stop moving and being jumpy. The worst was when I took Nyquil of all things. Worst night of my life. Couldn't sleep AT ALL and felt like litte bugs were inside me trying to get out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: