Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:09 pm

Green Eyes..............Yay for you! I'm not sure I could do that....well maybe I could. I'm getting to the point that I don't want people to walk all over me. I also get tired of making Dr. appts. and having to wait in the waiting room and then having to wait in the exam room. How dare they say because YOU were late that you couldn't see the Dr. I hope the 'not so nice' girl learned a lesson.

Fraz....can't wait to hear the car story.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:37 pm

GE, I love that you perservered over rude behavior in a healthcare situation. Bottom line is more of us should get ugly and demand better service because we are paying out the nose for these services and the entire staff should act like we, the paying customers, are doing them a favor vs. the opposite. cheers

Frazz...hope you don't have a german or swedish car. Nothing against them except how expensive they are to have worked on. Shocked
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:56 pm

Volvo, but that part is not the story.

I keep trying to write this story, but it is so celestial and conversely stupid and BASEat the same time, that I cannot tell it yet.

An angel/devil/angel/just human, and a few more come into this.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 12:16 am

My psychic powers told me you had a Volvo. Shocked

Popcorn is ready when you are are!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 12:59 am

Thanks guys! The part I didn't write about was that she was having to put sensors all over me, one underneath my left breast. She wasn't exactly gentle. I mean, not hurtful, but after the exchange we just had, it felt really weird with her touching me.

I couldn't believe it! I was a new patient and a referral from another patient! That office manager totally saved the day. You know those people who calm you right from the moment you see them? That was this woman.

I know you really won't believe this, but I was a total doormat for most of my young life. I guess that's why I'm so "outspoken" now.

It takes a lot for me to go to a doctor and I did not want to go through another night like the one I experienced before I went that day. I just had the belief that I was not leaving that office without seeing the doctor. I was not rude to anyone. Despite my friend telling me to "get loud" I never did. I just kept stating my case and making sure I was enough of a nuisance that it would be easier for them to just give in.

The doctor really was good and actually sat down and listened to everything I said and asked me questions about everything.

I also have a fear of needles, but my mom has a nurse who's agreed to give me my blood test at home, as opposed to a cold lab by a stranger. She promises to make it painless. I do so love to hear that.

Frazz, as usual, you've absolutely intrigued me. I can't wait to hear your story!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 7:35 am

Hee. Horror stories at the doctor's office. I've got many, but here's one I'll share today:

I had ovarian cysts about six years ago. They brought me in to give me a sonogram to look at them. While I was getting ready for my exam, and before she left the room, the nurse turned around, looked at me, and said, "Oh, Mrs. Abraham, does ovarian cancer run in your family?"

"Gulp. No, I don't think so."

She marks her chart and leaves. And I sit there in that office alone with my thoughts and "Does ovarian cancer run in your family?" for FORTY FIVE MINUTES.

I know a lot of customer service people see the people in front of them as obstacles to get past rather than people to nurture, but it's harder when it's in a doctor's office and it's all about your life. Maybe your nurse secretly wants to be a bouncer at an exclusive night club. Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 8:21 am

Wow Abrahammy, how awful those 45 mins. must have been Crying or Very sad I guess I understand the question though. I think they need to know and put that info in your records. I know when I had a mammogram done and they called me to come back because of "something that didn't look right" they asked if breast cancer ran in the family. Then I had to think about that for the week it took to get back in and while I waited for the results of the new exam. Scary stuff, especially since my 44 year old neighbor had just died from breast cancer Sad I think some of these people just do these things so routinely that they no longer "get" what it is like for the patient.

Cannot wait to hear Frazz's "car story"! bounce
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:59 am

Quote :
I know a lot of customer service people see the people in front of them as obstacles to get past rather than people to nurture, but it's harder when it's in a doctor's office and it's all about your life. Maybe your nurse secretly wants to be a bouncer at an exclusive night club. Laughing
...or the lady at the ticket counter who gets to tell everyone their flight has been delayed and they'll be spending three days in the airport until they can get on another flight and they won't be spending Thanksgiving with their family.

I understand that some detachment is necessary, but sometimes that level gets so out of hand, they forget you're a human being. ESPECIALLY a woman dealing with a cancer scare!

You remind me of another doctor visit. I went to see a gyno who I SWEAR to you was named....Dr. Beaver. No, really.

I came in and she's talking with me and I tell her about how my mom had ovarian cancer and I think my grandmother had breast cancer near the end of her life and she said something about if I told her my grandmother had ovarian cancer she would tell me to GET MY CHILDBEARING OVERWITH AND HAVE A HYSTERECTOMY!!! I was in my twenties with no boyfriend in sight!

I tell her I think I have hypoglycemia. "Oh, hypoglycemia when you're young leads to diabetes".

I lie down on the table and she says "so, when your mom found out she had cancer, did they catch it quick or did it spread through her body like Gilda Radner?"

Guess what? She couldn't even give me the exam at that point!

I walked out of there, one shoe in my hand, and called my mom from the lobby. I could barely catch my breath I was crying so hard. My mom actually called the doctor and suggested she might not want to scare the shit out of her patients like that!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 2:51 pm

I sometimes think The doctor makes it his /her job to scare the hell out of you.One day my Dr. says to me: "you Do know you can die from an Asthma attack". I said Thank you very much for making my day a little more paranoid. sheesh.

Hey I have a Volvo wagon I love it. It is the only thing I will drive.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 3:19 pm

Just in case I never come up with the whole car story all in one piece, let me just say that until Monday afternoon, I am driving THIS:

Chitchat - Page 36 Carscoopkleemanngtk101jg1

It is a Mercedes SLK 350 coupe. THe top goes up and slides into the trunk in a show worthy of drawing a crowd. Chitchat - Page 36 Imageswq2
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 3:38 pm

Waaaaay cooool! You must feel like a STAR driving that baby around!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 3:54 pm

Chitchat - Page 36 Imageswq2
That is the coolest ride EVAH!!!!!!

You must get someone to take your photo with the top down with your shades and hair blowing!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 4:14 pm

Frazz, you TEASE! OMG. It's like one of those shows where they show someone in a weird situation, and then they show how they got to that point.

So, your show would start out with you flying down the highway in that beautiful piece of machinery and now we're waiting for you to give us the story that led up to it. Cool!

Listen, can your friend get me in one of these?
Chitchat - Page 36 2007lexusscpebblebeachyz1
I am also partial to hardtop convertibles. This one is a Lexus and it's pearl white.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 6:58 pm

cheers Yay! for Fraz!!!! Do we have a green with envy smiley here? I'd sure like to know the story on THIS car.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 8:59 pm

I'm sure Ms. Frazzle is out cruising in her convertible as we speak....I know I would be! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 2:43 pm

I hope frazz has nice weather for cruising about in that lovely car.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:31 am

Chitchat - Page 36 MJZ2083
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:38 am

Chitchat - Page 36 1
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:59 am

Happy St. Patricks's Day to all!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:12 pm

I have to tell you guys. A friend of mine called me earlier in the week. She said she has a friend who was performing in the orchestra for the play "Mask" (as in that Cher/Eric Stoltz movie) and he gave her a couple of comp tickets. Plus! It had GREG EVIGAN! So, free + Greg Evigan = Me SO IN!

I should also say I met Greg Evigan when he was in BJ and the Bear in the 80's and he was so freakin' beautiful. When I handed him the paper, my hand was shaking so hard. He actually looked up at me like he couldn't believe it.

So, we go to the play at the Pasadena Playhouse and we're actually in the fourth row! So, that worked out well! It's a relatively small place, so the feeling is immediately intimate.

I cannot say enough about this play. Every actor was spot-on amazing with the voice of an angel. The kid - I'm assuming he's a kid since I couldn't see his face! blew me away. The mom - man, God Bless this actress who has to do this twice a day, because she has to go through a whole lot of emotions. I was a complete and total puddle.

Greg is still amazing looking. A big huge strapping guy. He plays the mom's boyfriend. I had also forgotten he was a musician and singer and his voice was also impressive. I just love him that much more now. I don't care if he was in two craptastic shows. I will love him forever.

I'm still affected today. That's how I know it was really good.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:19 pm

Don't know who greg is, but that is very cool that you enjoyed the show so much and it was so well done. That is surprizing that Mask was made into a musical. Is it rock music?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 3:48 pm

You don't know Greg???!!! affraid How did you miss him?? I LOVED My Two Dads!! What can I say, I am a sucker for cute kid sitcoms! He was/is gorgeous!!! And a body!!! How wonderful for you GE!!

I saw the movie Mask with Cher and Eric a few times. Amazing and heartbreaking story Crying or Very sad I adore Eric by the way and I don't think he has ever gotten the praise or rewards that he deserves.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:36 pm

Luca! You must avail yourself of the awesomeness that is "The Evigan".

BJ and the Bear was some really really good cheese. Plus, he's so beautiful he eclipses the sun.

On My Two Dads he was with one of my other favorite people, Paul Reiser. Cheesetastic to the enth. Loved that show.

FC, on Eric Stoltz you and I are on the same page. He's so low-key and doesn't play the Hollywood game, and thus got pushed aside. He brought depth and warmth to every role he played. I just adore him.

I wish he had even what Andrew McCarthy has managed to do for himself, which is get prominent roles in television. He plays a bit of a jerk on Lipstick Jungle, but he's built up enough credit with me in the 80's that I don't care.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:57 pm

YAY! I love when we find things to agree on!! cheers We certainly do seem to have the same taste in a lot of men in the entertainment field! Jared, Steve, Eric, Greg!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:08 pm

Greg Evigan is among the most beautiful men that have lived in my lifetime.

Most talented? No. But he suuuure brings the pretty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: