Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dancing with the Stars

Go down 
+5
Sky
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 9:56 pm

Yeah, Billy Ray was a sweetie and I am so glad he stuck around as long as he did, but him leaving tonight was the right thing. I think he was ready and prepared.

Joey doesn't bother me, but of the people left he would be my choice to go next. I was not a huge fan of Ian's on 90210, but for some reason I have become quite fond of him during this show. He seems like such a great guy. I do like Cheryl a lot too.

How bad am I that I have been hoping that Julianne broke off her engagement because she and Apolo fell in love I love you ?? I mean come on, could there BE a more adorable couple??!!

(I do feel bad for the guy she broke up with. I am sure he is heartbroken, that is if it is true)
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 10:27 pm

Apolo for the win. I can feel it in my bones now. Joey's been touted as the best dancer all season, but now we know he's just not pulling the votes he needs to get even past Ian. I think Apolo is the strongest dancer and he seems awfully popular.

Yeah, he's the only person who can get me to watch Short Track. It's a weird sport. I watched him win his medals a few years ago and he always stuck out for me.
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 11:37 pm

southernbelle wrote:
Oh! Extra says Julianne broke off her engagement! WOW!

Ah ha!...Ryan Seacrest interviewed Apolo yesterday and when Ryan asked him about Julianne being engaged, Apolo hesitated and danced around the question. It was a strange answer and if the blurb on Extra is correct, the response makes sense.

KIISFM interview

I love watching them dance and would like to see them win this. Many of my relatives have met him and they are all very impressed with his demeanor and attitude. His dad done good!!

Last edited by on Tue May 08, 2007 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 11:39 pm

This is the reason my ex-hub hated me being an actor. You play lovers, you seem like lovers, whether you act on it or not. Drives significant others crazy (with some reason).
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 6:01 am

Frazz, I didn't know you had an ex-hubby Shocked I don't remember you ever talking about him before! Sorry things didn't work out. I bet it is very hard for the spouses. I know it would be hard for me if my hubby had love scenes with all the gorgeous actresses! It takes a pretty darn secure person to deal with that. I bet as an actor/actress being single is just a whole lot easier.

Thanks for the info Janice!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 12:23 pm

frazzle wrote:
This is the reason my ex-hub hated me being an actor. You play lovers, you seem like lovers, whether you act on it or not. Drives significant others crazy (with some reason).

Frazz, I was just talking about this with someone. That it's total bullshit when they say "oh, I didn't feel anything. You know, with the whole crew standing there, blah blah blah" and I'm thinkin' REALLY? So, all those romances that started on-set. Coincidence? I mean, especially when they go to some remote location and all stay at the same hotel and eat at the same restaurants. Come ON!

Do any of you remember Kristy Swanson in that ice skating show? I watched them together and I realized these were two people in love and that his marriage was over!

If your significant other is spending hours and hours with someone, something is going to happen. When part of it is looking like you want to have sex with that person (or actually simulating it) there's trouble-a-comin'.
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 4:47 pm

I really think Ian is getting a lot of votes because of Cheryl. She is amazing. I love her. I have watched this show every season except the first one and I vote just for Cheryl and I know a lot of other people do too. I actually loved Cheryl and Drew and Cheryl and Emmitt though. I am not such a big fan of Ian but he isn't horrible. He isn't Apollo either.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 11:27 am

I got to watch my tape of last night's performances. WOW. I just don't want anybody to leave tonight Crying or Very sad They are all so wonderful. I saw the sweetest interview with Joey on ET last night. He has the most adorable 6 year old little girl who wants him to win so badly! He wants to win so he can give her the trophy I love you So sweet. I love all the guys, so I guess if I have to pick someone to leave tonight it would Laila (sp). I really do like her, but not as much as all the guys. Whatever happens, I will need tissues.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 1:49 pm

I do not want to see Laila go home. Ian or Joey maybe, but not Laila. They are all so good, they should all win!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 3:47 pm

First of all, who else thinks Laila is on steroids with that voice? I mean, I know a deep husky woman's voice, but hers sounds like...remember that steroid-woman Jim Carey played on "In Living Color"? Just like that. I still love her and her dancing though.

Second, that "Push It" Whew! Smoke alarms went off in the building.

Also, I saw the English judge on Good Day L.A. this morning (he's promoting a new learning to dance video he's putting out) and he says it usually comes down to one dance: the freestyle and that he thinks Apollo is the one who's going to do the best at that one.
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 8:04 pm

I am so upset. Lalia should of went. She is way overrated on the show. I KNEW they wouldn't let Cheryl have 3 trophies but Lalia is not great IMO.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 8:10 pm

I have nothing against Laila, but I really would have prefered Ian and Cheryl. I think he earned a spot. He improved so much and is so entertaining. I really grew to care about him. What a delightful young man he is! I cannot say I have developed any attachment to Laila. She is beautiful and seems like a very nice lady, but I really wouldn't have missed her next week. I just enjoyed the heck out of the guys this season. They were just so much fun!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 8:55 pm

I'm not into Laila and kinda thought she'd go, but I always felt Ian never gave himself over completely to the dance. There was something missing in his performance that Joey and Apollo have with their partners: that they move as one. Sometimes I get the feeling Ian is counting. I never got the feeling he totally cut loose and went with it totally. I wanted him to really bad, but it just never happened.
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 9:08 pm

I love Cheryl...she has been my girl since I starting watching the show. It's okay though. She did the best she could with Ian. SHe got me a Drew and Emmitt win which was great fun to watch!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 9:28 pm

Well, I agree that Ian is not as natural as the others, but when you consider Joey IS a dancer and made a living at it, it is a little unfair to hold Ian up to the same standard. Ian never danced before and I think he did an amazing job when you take that into consideration. He was great last night. I like Joey a lot but he SHOULD be great. He is a well trained dancer. Apolo is the big surprise. A speed skater who dazzles as a dancer!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 10:33 pm

Green Eyez wrote:
I'm not into Laila and kinda thought she'd go, but I always felt Ian never gave himself over completely to the dance. There was something missing in his performance that Joey and Apollo have with their partners: that they move as one. Sometimes I get the feeling Ian is counting. I never got the feeling he totally cut loose and went with it totally. I wanted him to really bad, but it just never happened.

That's about the way I feel about Ian. I am however really liking Laila! I'm not really into Joey, it's almost too much like a stage production.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 12:11 am

Joey is a little over-enthusiastic, but when he dances I feel totally comfortable, like he's just having a good time, unlike I did with Ian. Drew Lachey was in a similar situation (boy band, etc.) and he won, so they obviously don't care about the previous experience as a dancer thing.

I think when Joey Lawrence was in it, he's been singing and dancing since he was a little boy. (did someone say his little brother is going out with Cheryl?)

Apollo and Laila have the athletic training thing.

Usually the people who are left have at one point danced for a living or have trained physically for something. Notice that since the first season it's all about boy band guys and athletes.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 5:58 am

This is the first time I watch the whole season. I only watched some of the previous seasons. 98 Degrees were not much about the dancing like N'sync and BSB so I didn't feel Drew had that much dancing experience. True, Joey danced as a young boy - tap mostly. Yes, Cheryl is dating is younger brother. I still feel it's not a level playing field when they put people who are real, trained, and pro dancers in with those who have never danced. Just like how they have changed up AI where you have Melinda - older and singing back-up for big stars for several years up against 17 year olds with no pro experience at all. I just think the shows would be more fun and interesting if all the contestants were pretty much amateurs and we got to see who really grows and shines during the competition. That's what is so great about Apolo. He was never a dancer and look how amazing it is watching what he can do every week. That goes for Laila too. Even though they are athletes they never made a living dancing, so for me it's great fun to see them come so far. Ian too, a guy who never danced. I like Joey a lot and I won't be upset at all if he wins, but I knew he would do great in the competition because I watched him dance for several years with N'sync. I guess I enjoy the contestants who surprise me more.

Speaking of couples - Mario and his partner are moving in together!! Sweet.

I saw Julianne on ET last night and she said she is still with her boyfriend, they are just not engaged anymore. Maybe she feels she will be too busy to plan a wedding. I think the top couples tour right? They did last year. Also, maybe she realized she is too young. OR maybe she has feelings for Apolo I love you Just my little fantasy wishing!!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 10:10 am

Well, I do feel they're all amateurs. The dancing Joey, etc. do is NOTHING like what they do for this show. You can tell there's a certain "structure" to the dance on the show. There's a level of discipline that isn't in the routines they used to do. They learned like 3 dance moves and did them in line with each other. Also, they're dancing with a partner which is entirely different as well. I think if even a tap dancer had to learn how to ballroom dance, it would still be a major challenge. The style and everything is so different. If this was a freestyle competition where there were no rules as to how many lifts you did or which way you turn your feet or if you didn't have to keep your frame and dance fluidly with a professional dancer, then I would say that it's definitely unfair.

I think if they have a good sense of rhythm and can move their body, anybody can do this. The first year a soap star won and she was really really good.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 2:48 pm

For Firecracker:

"Dancing with the Star's Apolo Anton Ohno celebrated his 25th birthday with a party sponsored by Stride Gum at Lucky Strike in Hollywood, Calif. on Monday night with the entire cast of his hit ABC show. Even Laila Ali, Ohno's dancing rival, came out to enjoy some chicken fingers and chocolate cake.

Though the night was filled with fun treats and bowling, Ohno only had eyes for one: his on-screen dance partner. "He spent the night dancing with newly single Julianne Hough," a spy tells Star. "Their chemistry was undeniable."

Meanwhile a solo Ian Ziering enjoyed a playback of his Elvis impersonation on the big screen. "Ian cheered and clearly felt he deserved that perfect score!," the Star spy adds."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 5:45 pm

Oh, thanks Austin!! I know I should not be happy about a couple breaking up, but damn, Apolo and Julianne are just the cutest!!
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 7:39 pm

I love it too FC! Would it be glad to be happy if they were together secretly? I feel the same way about Ian/Joey but I think Ian was criticized way harder than Joey and Lalia sometimes when he did well. Cheryl was his partner and they would not triple crown her. I love Cheryl. Whoever her partner is, I vote for her. I actually did like Drew and Emmitt best though.

Mario is moving in with Karina?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 7:49 pm

Yes, Karina said they are moving in together. See SB, you need to dance with MARTY! People who dance together fall in love!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 10:36 pm

Mario's track record ain't too great. He's a hot number and charming as hell, but cheated on his wife (a BEAUTIFUL model) so soon after they married, I think they had it annulled. I think it might have even been at his bachelor party.

Apollo's chemistry with his dance partner can't be denied. Two young attractive people spending hours together dancing sexy and grinding against each other. Something's going to happen.

Remember Kristy Swanson on the skating show? The guy was MARRIED, I think with kids. When they were skating together you could just feel the chemistry.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 10:45 pm

Apolo and Juliane are so cute together..........oh yes.......there is definitely chemistry there. Even when she said they were like brother and sister....I didn't buy it!

I do remember the ice skater, Kristy Swanson. And Mario...his partner was Karina, right? She is not a favorite of mine....I can't put my finger on any reason, I just don't like her dancing or personality on the dance floor.

So who's going to win? I want Apolo or Laila.............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dancing with the Stars
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next