Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New day, new era, Introduce yourselves

Go down 
+8
Luca
muse
Green Eyez
Admin
abrahammy
austin
firecracker
frazzle
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-04-04

New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 11:11 pm

Well, I guess I will introduce myself officially, although most of you already know me. I'm 43, I'm short, a little overweight and I've got shoulder-length brown hair that I recently dyed for the first time to try to get the grey out. I have some 30-something co-workers who encouraged me to engage in a little vanity. Smile

I've been a member of the Clackhouse for two years and I've participated in several boards connected to Constantine; of those I ultimately was most active on Greek Speak. I watch way too much reality television and I have no idea why I find it so interesting. I've got three brilliant, adorable children who help me stay grounded. The oldest boy has a very mild case of Asperger's Syndrome, so I've learned a little bit about autism spectrum disorders. I have a profoundly autistic brother in law.

I am a youth services librarian in Texas, and I actually appear on local television every day. Our library set up a televised story time with the local cable access channel, so we tape four episodes a month - I'm the host - and then run them repeatedly twice a day. Now, this is strictly shoestring budget amateur cheesiness, but I see humor in the situation. I was a theatre major in college until I realized I didn't even begin to have the kind of compelling charisma or the confidence you need to make a living in the arts, so I went to library school instead... and sometimes I can't help but wonder if anybody else from my drama classes ever got their own television show.

And yes, my co-star IS a puppet armadillo. It's glamourous stuff, I tell you. Laughing

Last edited by on Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 11:16 pm

Abrahammy- You have a TV show! I can't believe we didn't know this already. Well, maybe some people did. How far out does the viewing area go?

What do your kids think? Do they love to see you on the TV? How long has it been going on?

When I was an extra on Friday Night Lights in February I couldn't even watch it. I saw for a second that my hair was flying all over the place, (it was outside), and I had had enough. I still have it on my DVR, but I can't bear to look at it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 11:21 pm

Austin - it's only in Fort Worth city limits and only if you have the city cable. Irony - we have a dish. My husband hates the city cable. So I don't watch my own tv show. We bring home videotapes for the children occasionally- the baby in particular goes a little bonkers when Mommy is on TV.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 11:35 pm

That is still very cool. How old is your youngest?

I have a downstairs full of sleeping people. I just don't have the energy to get them up.

Can you go into chat for a minute?
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 5:17 am

Hi ladies!

Thanks Frazzle for the board and thank you FC for the invite.
I know fc , sky and muse and abrahammy . Hope to get to know the rest of you. i was orginally at GS until I became unenchanted with GB and most of his fans. So I am not really a fan of his any longer. But anyway I got to know FC and Muse in the RockStar thread.
I am still a big Marty fan.

About me : I live in NE Ga. mts. I have one 16 year old son. I just turned
[i]gulp [b]41. UGH. I have red curly hair. I run about 6 miles every day but Sat. I am a vegeterian. I eat no artifical junk. I have 6 border collies that I compete with in sheep dog trials. You know like in the movie Babe? the sport originated in Great Britian . I an a huge animal lover. I also have 12 sheep , some chickens , a Maine Coon cat and a red footed tortoise.
I love to read and am currently reading about Henry the Eighth. My grandparents were English and Scottish. I am trying to learn some history on my own.

I Love REAL Rock music.

My son is very smart and today he is auditioning for Summer Shakespeare today. If he makes it he will be gone from me this summer.
I used to be an "actress" I guess. I worked in summer stock, etc.
That's it about me. Are you bored yet? TTYL!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 7:03 am

Hugs Aerwin!!! I am so glad you are here girlfriend! Very cool intro! I didn't know you had so many animals! Way cool! I also didn't know you were an actress. I wish your son well today, but can you really live without him all summer? affraid I think I would be a mess if I couldn't see one of the boys all summer. But, it would be an amazing experience for him. Please let us know how it goes!

Abrahammy, I think what you do is simply awesome! Getting and keeping kids interested in books. I relate to the puppet. When I taught a pre-school program I wore a Mother Goose outfit and I also used an adorable lion puppet. I'm sure I looked the fool, but the kids loved it!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 11:59 am

Oh, what the hell:

Green Eyez here. I also became very disenchanted with GB. What a come-down THAT was. Going from fangirl to hating someone with the light of a thousand fires is very disheartening.

If I tell you my age I'd have to kill you, but they say you're as young as you feel and I feel 25, so...

I am an aspiring writer and would not be a self-respecting one in L.A. if I wasn't working on a script, so I am. I'm planning on entering it a fellowship next month and hopefully making it to the finals. It's giving me something to shoot for and makes me very happy.

I pay the bills by being an executive asst., mainly in the entertainment world so I can at least be around it, although sometimes that makes it more frustating.

You'll find me around here getting my frustrated writer out so she may breathe a bit. She needs to be free to express herself or else she gets a bit cranky. I hope you'll indulge me.

No kids. No hubby.

I know! So exciting!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 2:01 pm

Green Eyez, I think it all sounds very exciting! I cannot wait to read something you have written, like your TV recaps!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 2:22 pm

Thanks FC! RIght now it's uh...a three-way tie so someone please go over there and break it!

I've been wanting to write those recaps and looking for a place to do it and then here comes my Frazz with this board and Voila!

I also appreciate your Clay news since my mom is always starving for it. I even took her to his concert tour with Kelly, so I've actually seen him live and in action. Don't you love Kathy Griffin's review of his concert? "YES! This concert delivered like Dominoes!" AWESOME!

Oh, I love REAL rock music as well. I used to pay huge bucks to see my favorite band. I was never further than the 4th row and even that felt too far back.

Of course, I also love really good cheesy stuff. It has to be good cheese, not just pathetically bad. (Like Miami Vice is REALLY good cheese!) I know I just used TV to illustrate my taste in music, but I guess the music from that era was also pure cheese and I love it so much! If you lived through that era PLEASE see "Music & Lyrics". The beginning will have you ROLLING!!!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 2:33 pm

I've been SO wanting to see Music & Lyrics; haven't had a chance. I hope it's still playing.
Back to top Go down
FrankiePants

FrankiePants

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-04-07

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 6:20 pm

OK, this is where I go first, right?

Hi, my name's Frankie (aka Becky, aka Bogart, aka viciouscircle, aka queequeg aka HarperP...I think that's all of them) and I think I've only met austin and Frazz. I've certainly spent enough time in hotel room beds with the pair of them. I'm 33, but I act like a 12 year old, so there's that. I currently am a cocktail waitress in the most FABULOUS gay bar in Dallas, but am beginning my new job as the assistant manager to an adorable B&B in McKinney on MONDAY. All sorts of excited about that.

Started out with this board community stuff on TWOP, from there to GS, from there to the BB and from there to a small board I run with Kristina from the BB with another 20 or so displaced peeps. Also, as austin can attest to, am still all sorts of enamoured of The Greek. This is not to say I'm not aware of who he is exactly. I'm not deluded, I'm just a masocist. Plus, there's never a dull moment.

No kids and no hubby here either (SHOCKER!), but my real life BFF has her own show on HGTV, does that count?

What else...? Um, I watch an obscene amount of tv, I make jewlery and purses in my spare time, I like seedy dive bars and gay men, I have spent over a decade in the hospitality industry so I am a people pleaser who wants everyone to like her (case in point...I'm still friends with Angie, I can't help it!), and I have hippie parents who are pretty much the most awesome people EVER.

So, that's me. *curtsies*
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 6:32 pm

Hi Frankie Pants! Welcome flower

Well you certainly sound like you lead an interesting life! Congrats on the new job. I hope it all works out great for you.

I have watched several shows on HGTV. Which one is your BFF's?

I do not like the greek one anymore but don't hold that against me.

So, tell me about Frazz and Austin in hotel beds!! Twisted Evil

(just kidding)

Last edited by on Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 6:33 pm

It's FRANKIE!!!!

Welcome, pull up a beer and a cig with your fellow degenerate.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 6:34 pm

Oh Frankie, I forgot to mention that I just started making jewelry. Be sure to post in the craft thread. I may need some pointers!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 6:44 pm

Welcome baby!

Frankie is all kinds of awesome. However, when you share a hotel room with her, she WILL get you on the 2nd leg of the flight with her so you can start the weekend early; she WILL yell at you for taking too long to get ready (even in NY where you're supposed to be fancy); she WILL order chicken wings at 3 AM and then refuse to open the door for room service when they arrive; she WILL cry when, inevitably, her flights get f'd up; she WILL try to pick up older Jewish men; she WILL let you borrow her new H & M top to wear to a show : ) ; she WILL forget her item to be autographed and have to leave you in the cab while she runs back into the hotel; she WILL say the dirtiest things imaginable in said cab while non-English speaking cabbie probably still understands what's being said.

And she goes crazy over proscuitto, mozzarella, and aioli sandwiches. Crazy.

I love her very much.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 6:45 pm

I would tell you all about the pleasures of the times I was in bed with Frankie in multiple cities across the USA...but I can'r remember them.

I do distinctly remember Frankie and Austin being in bed in the room next to mine. Such gentle sounds of nuzzling and snoring.

No wait, that was me snoring.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 6:46 pm

Ha! What you might not remember is that we slept a grand total of 1 1/2 hours that night! On the pull-out couch.

That was the night we had Fictionwriter in the room with us until 6:00 am, (until we had to throw her out, (gently), because we needed to get that hour and a half sleep in). I miss her.
Back to top Go down
FrankiePants

FrankiePants

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 7:02 pm

austin wrote:
Welcome baby!

Frankie is all kinds of awesome. However, when you share a hotel room with her, she WILL get you on the 2nd leg of the flight with her so you can start the weekend early; she WILL yell at you for taking too long to get ready (even in NY where you're supposed to be fancy); she WILL order chicken wings at 3 AM and then refuse to open the door for room service when they arrive; she WILL cry when, inevitably, her flights get f'd up; she WILL try to pick up older Jewish men; she WILL let you borrow her new H & M top to wear to a show : ) ; she WILL forget her item to be autographed and have to leave you in the cab while she runs back into the hotel; she WILL say the dirtiest things imaginable in said cab while non-English speaking cabbie probably still understands what's being said.

And she goes crazy over proscuitto, mozzarella, and aioli sandwiches. Crazy.

I love her very much.

HA! ALL true! Austin is an awesome roomie and puts up with quite a bit from me and my drunken slurrings at 2 am. Oh, and frazz is an awesome roomie who can drink my ass under the table, but don't try waking her before noon.

Fire, my friend is Jennifer Perkins and she's actually on 2 shows. Craft Lab is all hers, but she's also on Styleicious with the rest of the Austin Craft Mafia (yes, real name). I think she got into the tv gig cause we're all good friends with Vickie Howell, who has a show called Knitty Gritty. They keep trying to get me into it, but I'm more of a behind the scenes kinda gal. I just like making jewelry cause I'm too cheap to buy anything that doesn't involve beer.
Back to top Go down
FrankiePants

FrankiePants

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 7:04 pm

if my avi shows up anywhere else on the internet, I. will. cut. you.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 7:13 pm

Shit, you're pretty on top of being young and cool. SO.NOT.FAIR. Evil or Very Mad

I never saw any of those shows. I will have to check them out.

I started making jewelry for pretty much the same reason. Cheap that is. I don't drink beer. Wine is much better!

Oh please don't say "I'll cut you" No brings back bad cyber memories.
Back to top Go down
FrankiePants

FrankiePants

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 7:19 pm

BWAH! You said that as I was changing it. I figure there are enough pics of him in avis on message boards. Also, not that pretty, austin's just that good a photographer.

Wine makes me sleepy, which is why I steer clear of it. Pot too. I'd make the worst pothead ever.

I forgot where I got the cut you thingie from! My bad! Dear Lord, good times, eh? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 7:24 pm

No problem. Yes, there were some good times. Wine does make me a bit sleepy. Pot? Me? What? Long time ago
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 7:57 pm

OK, if the Greek One ever comes anywhere near the Metroplex again, I am meeting up with both of you and getting you at least three rounds of drinks. This sounds like an epic event that must not be missed.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 9:28 pm

I missed the avi! You are adorable and you know it. Did I even SEE that pic? Other than in the camera? I can't even believe we took the picture.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 9:31 pm

abrahammy wrote:
OK, if the Greek One ever comes anywhere near the Metroplex again, I am meeting up with both of you and getting you at least three rounds of drinks. This sounds like an epic event that must not be missed.

I hope we don't get your hopes up only to have them bitterly dashed. Anyway, I TOLD you, next time in Dallas I want to hang out with Boggia, Marc and Winston. HE was okay, and he was polite, but he's just not as much fun as they are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New day, new era, Introduce yourselves   New day, new era, Introduce yourselves - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New day, new era, Introduce yourselves
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Intros, rules, announcements-
Jump to: