Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Digital camera & video

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Digital camera & video Empty
PostSubject: Digital camera & video   Digital camera & video Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 7:41 pm

I am in need of learning how to use my fancy digital camera. I do not yet have a fancy digital video camera, but will get one eventually.

Maybe I will read the camera manual tonight.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Digital camera & video   Digital camera & video Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 10:32 pm

Is it very fancy? I would love a really good camera, but I can't afford one . I'd like one of those $1,000+ Canons.

I just got a digital camera that I LOVE. Neill recommended it as a relatively inexpensive, (about $290 I think), high megapixel (10), very portable one.
It's a Casio. I don't have the model name right now.

I really recommend buying cameras at Costco. They will take back almost any camera at almost any time. I bought an Olympus for about $190 a couple years ago. It stopped working and I brought it back to Costco and they gave me a new one without any problems. (One thing: you MUST have all of the original stuff that came with it, including the box.) But you don't even need the receipt.

So, the flash on the new Olympus stopped working after about a year. I brought it back, paid the difference for the new Casio and that was that.

The manual that came with it is really crummy though; it basically just tells you how to turn it on and take a picture. To learn all the secrets you have to put in the software and bring up the manual on-line.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Digital camera & video   Digital camera & video Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 10:38 pm

I bought (used) one of the fancy Canons, (EOS 20D), with an eye toward taking headshots. I used to do that, years ago. It will take me a while to get up to speed on the new technology, though.

Gotta find a variety of things to make $$ or I will have to get a REAL JOB again (boy I don't wanna).
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Digital camera & video   Digital camera & video Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 5:59 am

Good luck Frazz! I don't have a new fancy camera, and even if I did I probably would still cut off people's heads Embarassed
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Digital camera & video   Digital camera & video Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 8:11 pm

OK, American Idol may ACTUALLY be good for you. It has inspired me to learn to do things that I might not otherwise have ventured. I am now finding that these things I've learned to do are having practical job applications for me.

I have learned:

1. What a blog is.
2. Websites I could go to if I wanted to set up my own blog.
3. What Myspace is and how to use it.
4. What Itunes is and how to use it.
5. How to stop worrying and learn to love my ipod.

I just took a class on Libraries 2.0, and I find that I am actually more in tune than many adults to what all these teenagers are doing. And pretty soon our televised storytime will be on Youtube, linked to our library website!

In the name of various fandoms, I have learned to download songs, and you know what? Screw CDs. I've just cobbled together a mix of songs and I actually LIKE every song on my playlist! This is a new thing for me!
And today I just bought a little dohicky that makes it possible for me to play it without headphones, so I can have it in my car! I can download kids songs and play them in storytime using my Ipod! (I will have to take care which playlist is set, but this is so cool!)

How many of you are saying, yeah, yeah what took you so long? But this is all a revelation to me. I never have to pay for five songs I don't like to get six I do again! And all these kids I've bought across the years can coexist on my Ipod, even if they'd strangle each other in the same room!

Yes, this is a new revelation for me! I'm old! But it's SO COOL. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digital camera & video   Digital camera & video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Digital camera & video
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: