Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MOVIES!

Go down 
+9
Badger
mishmash
southernbelle
frazzle
Luca
aerwin
firecracker
austin
Green Eyez
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 2:19 pm

I am perfectly fine with the whole nose job thing. You just have to go to the right surgeon. If your face is horribly scarred, one of two things happened.

1. You went to a plastic surgeon who didn't know his ass from his elbow.

2. They requested more facial surgery than they should have gotten and wanted to look a certain way that had nothing to do with nature. (See: Michael Jackson and Mickey Rourke). A little here or there is OK, but Mickey went for the full package.

Now, I never liked Mickey. When he started beating up on his girlfriends/wives, he became even more abhorrent. However, at one point I thought he was quite handsome. This boy didn't just get a nose job. He got like cheek and chin implants. Look, unless your face is just a baggy flabby mess, it's just a big NO on doing that. So, now he got Jay Leno's chin, plus some hideous cheek implants. Then he drank and did drugs. Those things together add up to "WTF happened to his face?"

In the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" category, can we talk a moment about Axl Rose? Once again, never a fan of G&R, but thought, empirically, he had a beautiful face. Then he went and got such drastic plastic surgery, you couldn't recognize him. We won't even talk about the head of fake corn rows he put on top of his newly restructured mug.

So, Grieco probably didn't just get a nose job. He probably tried to do more to rejuvenate himself, thinking he could revive his career as a pretty boy. Yeah, I guess we see how that worked out.

While I'm on a rant, when are these women going to realize that the collagen in the lips make them look like clowns? How can they look at other women who have gotten it done and think "I wanna look like that!". I mean, I don't know if Meg Ryan's face is messed up permanently or not, but frankly, she scares me now.

So, while I certainly don't fault women (or men) from getting plastic surgery, especially when your face is your moneymaker, I do think the key word should be "realistic". Sometimes they start to look tired and just need to be refreshed. Susan Sarandon got work done and she looked stunning afterward. A good point of reference: if your lips start at one ear and end at the other, you've gone to the wrong surgeon.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 4:15 pm

Did Susan Sarandon have plastic surgery? I always thought she didn't??!
Why did Mickey rourke have plastic surgery? He looks like a Dick Tracy character know. I know he is batshit but always liked watching him but his face is ruined now. He was handsome. MANY actors age well without doing it. But frankly I guess men can get away with it better than women. You know who else looks beautiful and swears she has had no work done. I wonder.
I do wish there was some miracle cream but I think there is not.

OTOH it positively feels me with glee that Tom Cruise's movie bombed last weekend. Word on the street is people are laughung at the trailer of his upcoming movie Valkrie. Ha, Ha. Misgyonistic blowhard.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 1:43 pm

Many people are all messed up on the inside. Like, royally so (see: Michael Jackson & Mickey Rourke) and probably hate themselves. So, they think that getting drastic plastic surgery will somehow help them to feel better. Maybe if the face in the mirror isn't theirs, somehow they'll feel better. Like they're someone else.

See? That's what I mean about Sarandon. If someone says "you got a great face lift" and they didn't know before-hand, you didn't get a good one. Sarandon just looks refreshed and good. Like, if you're not looking for it, you won't spot it.

Poor Katie. She didn't marry the hot movie star Tom Cruise. Nicole got that guy. She married the crazy guy who's career is going downhill.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 10:33 pm

Some people who had great plastic surgery include Susan Sarandon, Lauren Hutton (she looks perfectly old and perfectly gorgeous), Sharon Gless about 10 years ago. Many more.

I certainly don't disapprove of it...just that the ones who get bad surgery look like monsters to me. Nose jobs are the tricky ones, especially for men. Little button noses tend to look very weird on a face meant to have a nose with at least a slightly roman bridge (Richard).

Mickie Rourke...there is just no explanation for what he did.

Robert Redford is starting to look ok again after having his eyes done about 10 years ago. He looked like wayne and Kenny, just slightly less, for several years.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 8:51 pm

Quote :
Mickie Rourke...there is just no explanation for what he did.
I think he was a professional boxer for a while and got his face smashed up quite a bit...that could be part of why he did it.

So back to Sweeney Todd for a moment please...is everyone here planning on seeing it? Who else is cast in it other than Depp?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 9:26 pm

Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman, Sacha Baron Cohen, Anthony Head, and Timothy Spall.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 10:58 pm

Whew, I have to start reading this thread more often. I had to go look up a picture of Mickey Rourke to see what you all were talking about.... affraid Why would he do that? Question
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 4:36 am

I will be at Sweeney Todd the day it opens. Not only are Depp and Rickman two of my favs but Tim Burton is my favorite director. I would watch Alan rickman take ot the garbage or read the phone book I love him so much.
I also am looking forward to No Country For Old Men directed by the Coens. I adore the Coen brothers.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 8:42 am

Eeek! I am also very excited about Sweeney Todd and will definitely go see it this holiday season! I want my almighty dollar to tell Hollywood that I want them to continue making these kind of movies and to show Tim Burton some love. I think he has been snubbed by Hollywood in some ways. I adore Tim Burton...he is a genius and my favorite director as well.

Thanks FC for the lineup of the cast, it is going to be amazing!

Aerwin, do you know who is cast for the No Country for Old Men film?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 8:49 am

Luca wrote:
Aerwin, do you know who is cast for the No Country for Old Men film?

I'm not Aerwin but here is the info!

Quote :
Starring: Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin, Woody Harrelson, more cast
Directed By: Ethan Coen, Joel Coen
Released By: Miramax
Theatrical Release Date: 11/09/2007
Run Time: 122 min.
Genre: Drama, War, Crime and Mystery, New Release
Rating: R

You are welcome Luca!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:00 pm

When choosing a surgeon, you need to be careful. They're messing with your FACE. This is PERMANENT! You can't go with who's hot, but who's the best. Sheesh.

Mickey Rourke was a fighter and probably had his face somewhat messed up, but he's done nothing to correct the travesty, which leads me to believe that this is the look he was going for.

Has anyone seen the skit on "The Soup" about "The Oscar Movie"? HILARIOUS!

The Oscar Movie
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 2:17 pm

Thanks for the link GE! That was so funny!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 7:52 pm

Excellent. I would absolutely go to see it.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 2:20 am

Oh, dear, dear, dear. I just heard (it was on yahoo.com, and i can't find a more specific address) Johnny Depp singing a solo from Sweeney Todd.

I was kinda horrified at how bad he was, and I am usually a fan of his,.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:51 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Say it ain't so!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 5:18 pm

OK, I heard it confirmed that Johnny's singing ain't that great, but apparently he's so good they're already talking oscar buzz. So, they decided on really cool actors who couldn't sing all that well. Those of you looking for some really good singing, I guess, will be a tad disappointed. I also hear there's LOTS of blood!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 7:11 pm

I don't mind actors who sing kinda voices (Tom Waits has one of my favorite voices of all time). I think it would have been better if they did not put him singing in the trailer, and instead played up the drama and gore of it all.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 9:30 pm

I've seen some clips of him singing in the film and I think his voice really goes with the character. I really enjoyed the clips I have seen. I think he will be amazing!!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 11:06 pm

Clip of George Hearn, my favorite Sweeney (though I am willing to be convinced by Johnny Depp) singing a song from the show, in a theatrical production, along with the fabulous Patti LuPone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxKLqvsw0zs&feature=related

Audio of the same song with johnny and Helena:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A2RX0JCvzI

Very short video clip of part of the song with Johnny & Helena:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlI26ac8W6A&feature=related

Last edited by on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 11:18 pm

Eeek! They are great together. What great chemistry.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 6:22 am

I think he will be fabulous! I really love Helena Bonham Carter too. I just think it can't miss. Lord I am STILL waiting for No Country for Old Men to get here. Did anyone read the book? I loved the book but I love Cormac McCarthy.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 1:19 pm

frazzle wrote:
I don't mind actors who sing kinda voices (Tom Waits has one of my favorite voices of all time). I think it would have been better if they did not put him singing in the trailer, and instead played up the drama and gore of it all.
I just saw a trailer that seemed to do just that. Maybe they realized his singing wasn't getting good reviews and they decided to play to his strengths.

I haven't had a chance to check out the other, but I'm sure they're fabulous together.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 6:47 am

MOst of my favorite actors are nominated for Golden Globes! I am excited.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 7:06 am

I will have to go look up the nominees!!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 12:27 pm

Full List here:

http://www.goldenglobes.org/nominations/index.html

I am thrilled Cate Balnchett, Daniel Day Lewis, George Clooney , Denzel and Johnny Depp are nominated. Also my two favorite dorectors Tim Burton and The Coen brothers. I have yet to see Atonement but it is on my list to see. I adored the book. If you have not seen No Country for Old Men . RUN. I am kinda surprised Tommy Lee Jones was not nominated though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MOVIES! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOVIES!
Page 6 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next