Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MOVIES!

Go down 
+9
Badger
mishmash
southernbelle
frazzle
Luca
aerwin
firecracker
austin
Green Eyez
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:57 pm

Oh Lord We are HUGE Batman fans. My son I think has every action figure ever made from Batman. I LOVE Christian Bale as Batman. He is the best Batman ever. So I cannot wait. My husband is going by theatre after he goes to the gym to get tix for Sat. I have really been looking forward to it so I hope we get to see it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 4:57 pm

Heh. My friend called me up a couple of weeks ago and said she and a group of people were getting together to watch the movie and asked if I wanted to come. We're also leaving early tomorrow to catch the movie.

Happy to hear about RDJ and Sherlock.

After watching Batman, I"ll probably also wind up seeing Mama Mia this weekend to lighten it up!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 4:42 am

My husband got our tix for Sat. It is sold out here and I live in very small place.

I love Meryl Streep not to mention Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth but I just don't know if I can listen to Abba for two hours. yikes. Y'all let me know how it is.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:58 pm

Justin gave away his ticket to see The Dark Night today because we got an email that his new bass guitar and amp were being delivered today at 1:00 via UPS. He wanted to be home for that. We didn't think anyone would be here because Eric was suppose to have his surgery this morning, but woke up sick and vomiting - so now we had to reschedule that for August 29th and we all were home for the delivery anyway Razz . He says it's OK because he would be too anxious to get home and see his new bass and he can just catch the movie later.

The Chicago Tribune gave the movie 4 stars! It almost NEVER gives a movie 4 stars so I am guessing it is really good! Justin got upset with me when I said that Heath looks to be a much better Joker than Nicholson and he yelled out "Nicholson ALWAYS kicks ass!" So, I guess he told me Razz
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Oh NO I'm sorry your little guy is sick. I swear i know he wanted to get that over with. I do think Heath is going to be a better Joker. Creppier for sure. No boubt in my mind Christian Bale is the best Batman!
Hey I just read today in EW about RDJ making that Sherlock holmes movie. I can't wait for that. It will be directed by Guy Ritchie so I bet it will be cool.

At the same time Will Farrell and Sasha Barron Cohen are doing a comedy version of SH.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 1:59 pm

I think RDJ and Sherlock will be awesome! I know nothing of Guy Ritchie other than he is married to Madonna Razz . I do hope they have a big success with it because I want so much for RDJ to have much happiness!

Yes, Eric AND I wanted it over. I just wanted it all over before he starts back up with fall classes for his sophomore year of college. Now we have to think about 5 more weeks No I just want it over and him all healed!

Yes, I think Nicholson went a very comedic route with Joker and Heath took a very deep and dark direction. His Joker looks to be quite disturbing and I think he will totally run away with the movie! What a damn shame he is not here to see the finished product and to feel the love and appreciation for his work and all the Oscar buzz. So very sad Sad
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 3:35 pm

I know it is very sad he is not here to see all the buzz. He was so young.

Next week X-files movie!! YAY!! I have two good movie weekends in a row.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 4:33 pm

Can't wait to hear about the X-Files movie!!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 6:06 pm

OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

That movie kicks so much ass!

Heath Ledger! HOLY SHIT! I weep for the career that would have been made for him after this role. I cannot express how incredible he is in this movie. He's Alan Rickman level of incredible. He committed to this role so completely. I WEEP!!! Just totally and completely blows you away.

Christian Bale is his usual awesome self and so incredibly hot I can't stand it.

I'm pissed! Cillian Murphy is on-screen for like 2 seconds. Hey FC! Anthony Michael Hall is in the movie! He looks really good.

I saw the movie in IMAX and if you can watch it like that, I highly recommend it.

Just...WOW. I can't wait till somebody else sees it so we can squee together.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 6:23 pm

EEEEK! Does AMH have a good size part?! I would go just for that! My sons would sooner die than be seen at the theater with their MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hubby hates going to the movie theater (his legs are like 6 feet long and he cannot sit comfy so must rent movies) I will need to find someone who will go see it with me.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 6:38 pm

FC, AMH has a small part, but is seen all through the movie.

You really need to see this on the big screen. I saw it in a packed theater with people clapping and cheering and I'm sure that added to my enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Thanks for letting me know about AMH! I hope he gets more roles now that The Dead Zone is off the air Sad I wish he could be in Sherlock with RDJ!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Justin just got home from work and his friends who went to see The Dark Night today thought it was amazing and they all are going back to see it again tomorrow. Looks like Justin is going to go too. It is at an IMAX theater only 15 mins. away.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 10:15 pm

Green Eyez wrote:
Quote :
Heath Ledger! HOLY SHIT! I weep for the career that would have been made for him after this role. I cannot express how incredible he is in this movie. He's Alan Rickman level of incredible. He committed to this role so completely. I WEEP!!! Just totally and completely blows you away.
I wondered if the intensity and commitment I saw in the trailer is what Heath brought to the role in the film. It does make me want to weep for the career he would have had too. I always felt a level of emotion in his work that would have only grown more powerful and complex.I think the parts that were being offered to him were pretty damned primo after Brokeback as it was, though.

I have hesitated to see the film because of the fear of seeing Heath at the top of his game and all the regret I woud feel would overshadow the joy of his performance. It really sounds like he deserves to be seen in this performance and in a way it can be a tribute from his fans.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:52 pm

Luca wrote:
I have hesitated to see the film because of the fear of seeing Heath at the top of his game and all the regret I would feel would overshadow the joy of his performance. It really sounds like he deserves to be seen in this performance and in a way it can be a tribute from his fans.

I think I will need to see this alone, in private. I have a feeling that my grief for the loss of a true artist who was fucked up will overcome me.

I am serious. I really hate it that brilliant fucked up people die at such high rates.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 5:03 am

Quote :
OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

That movie kicks so much ass
OMG I CANNOT WAIT!! I go this afternoon.

Quote :
He's Alan Rickman level of incredible. He committed to this role so completely.
If he's Alan rickman good , I will weep.

GE do you love Cillian Murphy too??! I love him. I swear we love the same ones.
Did y'all know Christian Bale will be in the new Terminator movie? he will play John Connor as an adult. They say the trailer kicks butt.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:23 pm

Yes, Heath is that good. I don't know if I've ever seen an actor commit so completely to a role. There was nothing of Heath up on that screen. He was The Joker. It is a tribute to his fans.

Frazz, I know it will be very difficult for you to watch, but being an actress it's so imperative that you see an actor at the top of his game. It is a shame how many brilliant people just seem to destroy themselves.

Aerwin, it's probably good that we're not two single women on the hunt, because it appears we'd be going for the same guys. Yes, I love Cillian and his full red lips and deep blue eyes and his beautiful accent.

There's one scene where Christian Bale strips to his swimming trunks and dives into the water. I leaned over to my friend and said "I could watch him do that all day".

Christian Bale and John Connor? Sigh. That makes me very very happy. Now I've got something else to look forward to.

Looking forward to your review Aerwin!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:37 pm

Frazzle wrote:
Quote :
I think I will need to see this alone, in private. I have a feeling that my grief for the loss of a true artist who was fucked up will overcome me.

I am serious. I really hate it that brilliant fucked up people die at such high rates.
I agree. I understand the importance of savoring the beauty of Heath's performance, but also allowing yourself to grieve as you watch it privately.

He was a special one, and yes obviously deeply troubled as well. And honestly, there just are'nt that many of them that are in his league as far as talent and artistic integrity.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 7:52 am

Saw Batman yesterday. OMG! All I can say is Heath sure gives one hell of a performance. He is unbelievably CREEPY and funny all at the same time. It is so sad we will not be able to see more of this incredibly talented young man. He totally blew me away. The whole movie is unreal good , edge of your seat fun. Also I would like to say I know Heath is getting a lot of credit as he should because when he is on screen you are mesmerized , BUT Aaron Eckhart gives one great performance as Two Face / Harvey Dent. He is pitch perfect. The director Christopher Nolan also deserves many kudos. He os one of my favorite directors : Momento , The Prestige. Christian Bale is the epitome of hotness AND the best Batman ever!We saw the trailer for new Terminator movie!! It will kick ass.
Also did I mention how glad I am they replacecd the lifeless robotic Katie Holmes with Maggie Gylennhall as Rachel. Much Better.
Gary Oldman , Gary Oldman .LOVE . Years ago we were living in Wilmiington, NC and he was filming a movie there. I had the great pleasure of meeting and talking with him . He is one of the sweetest people I've ever met. I will always love him .
Anyway this a MUST SEE movie. Run ,don't walk to the theatre. I sure hope Heath gets a nomination. He should.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 9:42 am

Quote :
Anyway this a MUST SEE movie. Run ,don't walk to the theatre. I sure hope Heath gets a nomination. He should.

Wow! The movie sounds incredible! Did'nt know the cast included Gary Oldman and Maggie G!

I do think I will wait a while though, so the theater is less crowded...if that will be possible.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 3:22 pm

Aerwin, glad to know you're in agreement.

Yes, Eckhart was incredible. He is the face of a hero. He really is. My friend said that when he was being the hero she totally bought it.

YES! Maggie replacing the wooden Katie was awesome! I guess they realized after the first one what a horrible mistake they made and rectified it with an actress who can actually...you know...act and emote and stuff. Be lifelike. The Rachel role was much more demanding in this movie and needed someone to carry it off.

Sigh. Gary Oldman is made of awesome. He plays Gordon as he did in the first one.

I'm sure it will be a given that Heath wins for this performance. There's no way anyone can possibly match him.

OMG! I didn't know he did Memento, also a favorite film. Man, that movie really messes with your mind, which is why it's so great. The Prestige too? Well no wonder. I guess I"m a fan of the director and never knew it.

This film is totally perfect from start to finish. The cast is perfect. The story is perfect. The direction is perfect. Word of mouth will only make this the biggest movie of the year.

I'm still affected by it days later. That says something.

Luca, honestly, seeing it in a packed theater really adds something. Everyone cheering and gasping and clapping. It made the experience better.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 3:52 pm

In all fairness to Katie, she was an excellent actress in Dawson's Creek and showed plenty of emotion. I don't know what happened to her since TC, but she was anything but wooden in DC. I used to just love her. It's like TC stole her soul or something.

She is going to be in Ely Stone. It will be interesting to see how she does in that.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 9:07 am

Yes, maybe that would be uplifting to see TDK in a theater with people cheering...but, living in small town america don't know if there will be cheering.

Does anyone remember the name of the other film Heath was working on when he passed? I remember thinking it sounded absolutely fantastic too.

I really liked the Prestige too, except hated the ending. So much that it practically ruined the entire film for me, which up until then I had loved. Shocked
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 10:37 am

You can read about the movie Heath was working on here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imaginarium_of_Doctor_Parnassus
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 5:26 pm

The local movie theatre is just 2 buildings down from me and "The Dark Knight" is playing. I think I may go see it some time this week - probably Thursday. I loved Nicholson's Joker so it'll be fun for me to see how Heath's performance differs.

FWIW, I thought "Brokeback Mountain" was a little overrated. It was certainly an important film and very sad, but really the right film won the Oscar that year. I did think Heath and Jake Gyllenhall were very very good in it though.

I rented "Napoleon Dynamite" over the weekend from the library. I'd never seen it before although I knew it was somewhat of a cult classic. I have to say it took about 3 viewings for me to "get it" but it really is a very very funny movie. And you know, if they ever make a movie about Clay or if Clay is ever a character in a movie, Jon Heder is so going to play him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MOVIES! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVIES!   MOVIES! - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOVIES!
Page 16 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next