Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Bachelor

Go down 
+4
Sky
firecracker
southernbelle
Green Eyez
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 7:58 pm

Yeah, I know. This guy was a little too Ken-Doll, apple pie and just all-around nauseatingly waytogoodtobetrue when I first saw him, but he's growing on me.

I wish he'd get rid of the other Stephanie. I was glad he saw through the mememememememME speech she gave and was worried she might not be there for the right reasons. Nice too see he may actually be a smart and intuitive guy. Also, that he's looking for some emotion on their part and not just how many women's throats he can get his tongue down.

I think he's weeding them out nicely. He definitely will NOT get along with a princess. I have liked the southern brunette (CRAP I forgot her name) from the beginning. The one who he kept on the two-on-one. They ruined the suspense JUST A BIT by showing the coming attractions of her at the house just before the rose ceremony. HELLOOOOOOOOO.
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

Number of posts : 111

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 9:02 pm

I watch this too GE! Cheez or not..I love to watch the drama. I like Amber the teacher who was athletic..they sat on the beach episode before last. That bleached blond Tara?? seemed like she was out to lunch. I definitely want that bitch Stephanie (it'a all about me chick) to go! I think he is on to her!

He is soooooooo Ken! HA!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 9:22 pm

I have never watched one episode of The Bachelor. It seems sorta sleazy, icky to me when I see previews. All that making out in hot tubs with all those different women and they never stay together anyway.
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 9:50 pm

I know but it is fun! That have had some good looking ones before but this guy is so KEN! I mean really GE was on the money with that adjective!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 9:55 pm

I'm also put off by the making out in the hot-tub thing, but put any hot-blooded male in his prime in a jacuzzi with a bunch of hot women, and he'd have to be insane not to take advantage of the situation. I suppose if he really truly is looking for his wife, then he can look at this like a really long bachelor party.

At least it seems this guy manned-up and has actually asked the winner to marry him and says he's in love. So, we'll see.

There have been successful ones. The fisherman guy got married. So did Trista. I think Jerry O'Connell's brother is still with his winner, and I was SURE he was on there just for the publicity since he's an actor too.

Looking forward to the proposal. Every year I say I'm not gonna watch and they pull me back in.
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 4:32 pm

I think Tessa and Bevin will be F2! Danielle may sneak in there as much as they aere showing Ken with Bevin. He is starting to creep me out. Something about him is just weird.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 9:31 pm

I haven't watched it yet. Haven't been home.

Elizabeth (who I usually HATE) on The View was saying this morning how she keeps watching The Bachelor even though she knows it's so wrong.

She says her husband is making fun of her because she's all about "girl power" and here she is watching women tear each other's eyes out for a guy and then cry buckets because they "just weren't pretty enough".

Oh, does anyone remember that blonde idiot on Jerry O'Connell's season where she was crying that she was let go because she was "too beautiful" and it was "like, racist"?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 11:40 pm

I watch this show for shear entertainment.......... I can't imagine even wanting to go on this show........wow! the 'cat fights' and back stabbing are funny, but they set themselves up for it!

Andrew said it himself, he is a 'nerd'. I couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 9:13 pm

I tried this one... I find it very unsettling. It's one thing to reject somebody because you don't like their singing, or because they are a liability in the challenges, or because they are not in your alliance. But for this one... it means that he's breaking up with somebody publicly on television EVERY DAY. SHE'S getting dumped... and who says he's such a freaking prize, anyway? Do they ever have a situation where the guy gets smitten and the girl decides he's a putz?

Hey! What would happen if Constantine were The Bachelor?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 9:34 pm

God forbid!! affraid I don't even watch the show and the thought of Con in hot tubs with lots of women gives me the heebie jeebies pale

I hate the whole idea of this show. That is why I don't watch. There was a couple of shows - like The Bachelorette, where there was a woman dumping men. The one bachelorette did get married a few years ago and they are still together. So that's nice.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 10:32 am

Quote :
God forbid!! affraid I don't even watch the show and the thought of Con in hot tubs with lots of women gives me the heebie jeebies pale

HA! Couldn't have put it better myself.

These women go into this knowing what "The Bachelor" is all about. They've seen the umpteen other seasons and know what they're in for. I feel no sympathy in that direction.

Once again, it's the cliche of the women who connive and manipulate and stab their fellow women in the back that makes me sad. When they say "I didn't come here to make friends" and then blame all the women shunning them on "well, I'm just so beautiful. This always happens to me because women are jealous of me". I want to throw a rock through the TV.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 1:33 pm

I think that is what I hate the most about the show. How it portrays all these stereotypes about women.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 7:24 pm

OK, I left ABC on after DWTS and I fell in love with Tessa! What a cutie! Now I am worried she didn't get picked affraid
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 8:59 pm

Crying or Very sad Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 11:24 pm

Well, Tessa did get picked!!! I knew in my heart she was right for Andrew. It is such an odd show and I've never understood how anyone could put themselves through all that, but........I like watching it! Maybe it's the 'cat fights'!!!!! Laughing

Tessa was indeed very cute and sincere.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 11:29 pm

Well, I can't believe it! He actually chose the right woman! Unbelievable! I chose Tessa early on. Whenever I do that, they discard my favorite in favor of some chick who alienates all the women (like the chick who got the "first impression" rose and then proceeded to rub it in the noses of all the other girls and became totally obnoxious about it.

Yay Ken Doll! Also, he had the rocks to propose. Most of the others totally wimp out.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 5:42 am

I cried my eyes out when he proposed to Tessa! Now, I never watched a second of this show but it was fun to just watch the finale where I just got to see the "nice girls" and the nice dates instead of all the bad stuff. There was nothing else I wanted to watch after DWTS and Tessa just got my attention right away. What a lovely young woman. I have to admit that even though "The Bachelor" was a total "Ken Doll" I really found myself liking him. Certainly more than any of "The Bachelors" I have seen interviewed on entertainment shows in the past, and WAY better than that awful Joe Millionaire Razz

I find it all odd that these people put themselves through all of that in front of cameras. I do really hope these two stay together and have a beautiful wedding and happy life. I read an article about these shows and it stated only 3 couples have stayed together out of all the shows - so crossing fingers they become the 4th.

I think the next go around I will do the same thing and just watch "The Finale".
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 8:35 am

I was crying too, FC..........he really did pick the best girl!
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 9:14 pm

Andy creeped me out..why the hell did he tell both of them he loved them? He was pretty hot running without the shirt on and I do think he really did love Tessa all along but was afraid she didn't fill the same way. There was a spoiler out about Tessa winning from Page Six this week so I knew but I still watched. He had a lot of chemistry with Bevin but I knew he really wanted Tessa.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 9:47 pm

I saw Tessa and Andy on "The View" this morning and they asked him about telling Bevin he loved her. He meant like you love your mom, but he was "in love" with Tessa.

They were very demonstrative with each other. I like it when a guy shows he's really into a woman. He did say he was nervous if she really liked him the way he liked her.

They asked about the whole final date thing where they are given the option of being in the same room. He claims that those dates end at 3 a.m. and since it's the only time they get without cameras, they talk and fall asleep. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I don't think sleazy Andrew Firestone went to sleep.

So, Andy was realistic and said they have to get to know each other again in the real world, but to me they looked like a real couple. I really hope this one lasts. I kinda feel about them the way I did with that fisherman guy where I could tell he was really in love with Mary. As a matter of fact, that was the only season where I was POSITIVE before the ceremony who he picked just by the way he talked about her and looked at her. This was a man who had fallen HARD. That was my favorite one besides Trista and Ryan.

Does anyone remember when Jen turned down that HUNK? He was so sweet and sincere and she was so cold and unyielding. I wanted to reach through the TV and strangle her!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 11:30 pm

What was the fisherman's name? And are he and Mary still together? I liked watching that season!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 7:49 am

A new one starts tonight, but I have no idea of who the Bachelor is as I haven't seen anything about it. I'll be watching though. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 8:16 am

Sorry, this show always creeps me out a bit Shocked Sometimes I watch just the finale to see if he does propose to someone, but no Bachelor has stuck with his pick yet. I'm surprised there isn't more Bachelorettes because at least she actually married her pick and they are still together. I think expecting a baby or maybe had the baby already.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 9:16 am

I haven't really watched this show since, I guess, the first two. BUT, there has been a lot of publicity for this one here because the Bachelor is an Austinite. He and his brothers own a few local bars. Looks like a nice guy. Still not sure I'll tune it.

I read that that Bachelorette and her husband (Trista and Ryan, I think) recently had their baby. I did watch their show and the one she was on first where she came in second. I didn't like her on that show, but I did like her on the Bachelorette.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 9:55 pm

Funny, I hated Trista when she was on "The Bachelor" but completely turned around when she was The Bachelorette. I'm sure they did a personality makeover on her.

Last season's Bachelor broke up with Tessa. Sigh. They're still seeing each other, but they're not engaged.

This guy does not excite me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Celebs & Reality TV-
Jump to: