Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress

Go down 
+8
aerwin
Janice
austin
Luca
Green Eyez
abrahammy
firecracker
frazzle
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress   Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 5:53 pm

That's so true! It is never too late! Beautifully stated GE!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress   Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:39 pm

All here know I have had one heck of a tough year with my Dad Crying or Very sad Today was a very bad day for him. It seems clear there is not much time. It was very hard to see him today.

But, I have been catching up on Clay today at The Clack House and I just found out that CC's dad just passed away after a short struggle with cancer. He was only 60 years old. I feel so bad for her. 60 is really young and she didn't have anywhere near as much time as I have had to prepare myself for the end.

I know most everyone here knows her or knows of her from GS. Just thought some might want to say a little prayer for CC and her dad.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress   Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:51 pm

I'm sorry to hear of your Dad's struggle, FC. It's so hard to let go of our parents. But if they are in pain, that's difficult to watch as well.

Sorry to hear of CC's loss.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress   Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:13 am

FC, I am so sorry. You and your Father have been on my mind and I was going to ask you how he was doing. Hugs and prayers to you and your family to stay strong.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress   Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:38 am

Thanks Lau and Sky I love you Yeah, it's been a really long and drawn out ordeal for my Dad. He is so weak now that he can hardly talk and sadly his mind is really slipping as well as his body.

I was just so shocked to see CC's post that her Dad passed away. He had only been diagnosed a short time ago and went faster than anyone thought Crying or Very sad Dang cancer Mad
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress   Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:28 am

I'm sorry for CC . I'm thinking of you FC. I won't be easy I ain't gonna lie but just know people are sending you good thoughts,
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress   Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:23 am

FC, I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time, but it's good you have a loving family around you to help you through it.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress   Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:12 pm

Thanks GE. I am lucky to have Rob and the boys. It is my Mom I am worried about. She has been crying so much of the time. She is going to be so lost. She has been married to my Dad since she was 19 and she is almost 77. Can you even imagine losing someone who has been your constant companion for that long?
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress   Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:43 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, firecracker. Sending out a prayer to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress   Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:51 pm

Thank you Badger I love you
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress   Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:54 am

Is anybody besides me here a Christian? I'm having a kind of unsettling day. My pastor's last day was today and I haven't really felt at home in that congregation for some time. George is kind of an agnostic. I am feeling quite cut off at the moment.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress   Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 10:10 am

Aw, that is too bad about your Pastor leaving and you feeling cut-off Sad

I am Catholic. I have been struggling with my faith for the last several years. There has been so much death and tragedy in my family, neighborhood, and family friends that it is overwhelming. It has left me with a lot of questions and feeling lost many times. Sometimes I just cannot figure out why so many of these tragic accidents and cancer, and of course my father's ordeal, had to happen. All of the people involved in these accidents were very religious and devoted. Well, except my 4 month old little cousin killed in a car accident along with his 2 year old cousin and his mom. That baby was born with a heart problem that needed surgery and spent the first 3 months of his life at the hospital, only to be killed in a car crash weeks after coming home.

So this crisis of faith is so unsettling. No I feel for you because it is tough losing that part of your life. I stopped going to church after my beloved uncle was killed in a car accident on a Sunday morning on his way home from staying for a special blessing at church. I just never went back after that.

When we are at my Dad's memorial service next Saturday it will be my first mass since my uncle's funeral. I am hoping it helps me come to grips with some things. But I am doubtful.

I figure I live my life as a descent and good person. I guess that is my Christianity for right now.

I hope you can find somebody to help you with what you are going through. Are there any other churches you could go to? Perhaps someone could recommend a church that would be better suited to your needs?

Let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress   Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:13 pm

abrahammy wrote:
Is anybody besides me here a Christian? I'm having a kind of unsettling day. My pastor's last day was today and I haven't really felt at home in that congregation for some time. George is kind of an agnostic. I am feeling quite cut off at the moment.

I am not a Christian, but I hope I can be of some support with this.

Are you struggling with your basic beliefs or just with that particular church?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress   Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Personal Struggles--hard times, advice, progress
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: