Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Politics

Go down 
+7
Badger
Lau
firecracker
aerwin
Green Eyez
abrahammy
frazzle
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:52 am

abrahammy wrote:
Quote :
However if he thinks she will get the right wing evangenglical vote he would be right.

Damn! Obama had all those folks in his POCKET before Sarah joined the ticket. LOL

Way to reach out to... the people who were already voting for you, McCain. I just hope people don't vote for her ONLY because she'd be the first woman vice president. This is not the person I want to see be the groundbreaker in that regard.
BUT McCain DID not have the rught win evanganglical voters , now he will with her.

Look I hope no one would think women are stupid enough to support someone just because she is a woman. if I don't agree with you on the issues I don 't care what you are. I am waiting with baited breath for that VP debate. Joe Biden knows his foreign policy.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 9:55 am

Quote :
ST. PAUL, Minn. — The selection of Sarah Palin as John McCain’s running mate has electrified conservative activists, providing a boost of energy to the GOP nominee-in-waiting from a key constituency that had been previously had been lukewarm — at best — about him.

ADVERTISEMENT

By tapping the anti-abortion and pro-gun Alaska governor just ahead of his convention, which is set to start here Monday, McCain hasn’t just won approval from a skeptical Republican base — he’s ignited a wave of elation and emotion that has led some grass-roots activists to weep with joy.

Serious questions remain about McCain’s pick — exactly how much he knows about her and her positions, past and present, on key issues. But for the worker bee core of the party that is essential to any Republican victory, there are no doubts.

“I woke up and my e-mail was just going crazy,” said Charmaine Yoest, head of the legislative arm of Americans United for Life and a former top official in Mike Huckabee’s presidential campaign. “And then when it was announced — it was like you couldn’t breathe.”

The media elite — as well as elite members of the GOP consulting community — have all but mocked Palin as a former small-town mayor with zero Washington experience. But that view of her totally misses the cultural resonance she carries to crucial Republican power centers and could not be more at odds with the jubilation felt among true believers that one of their own is on the ticket.

Palin, say conservative activists, has instantly changed how they feel about McCain’s campaign and spurred them to go to work for the Republican ticket.

First, though, they’re expressing their newfound fondness for McCain with their checkbooks. Since tapping Palin, the campaign has raised nearly $7 million online, according to McCain aides.

Most importantly for McCain, the two constituencies who are most energized by Palin just happen to be the twin grassroots pillars of the GOP: anti-abortion activists and pro-Second Amendment enthusiasts and sportsmen. Without these two camps making phone calls, stuffing envelopes and knocking on doors, Republican presidential candidates would severely lack for volunteers. They are critical to the health of the conservative coalition that has dominated Republican politics for a generation.

Republicans say the primary source for the passion can be found in Palin’s example and authenticity.

Not only is the 44-year-old governor opposed to abortion rights — but she carried and gave birth to a child with Down syndrome earlier this year, a profound and powerful motivating force to both opponents of abortion rights and the parents and relatives of special needs children.

And not only is she a supporter of the right to bear arms — but she’s a lifetime member of the NRA and an avid hunter and fisherman whose gubernatorial office couch is adorned with a massive grizzly bear pelt.

“She’s lived it!” exulted Yoest. “It’s so satisfying as a conservative woman. When she walked out on that stage there was just this moment. It was really emotional for a lot of us.”

After hearing the news, Yoest, who was in St. Paul preparing for the convention, said she and other Republican women here “were grabbing each other and jumping up and down.”

Steve Duprey, a former New Hampshire GOP chairman and top McCain backer who hails from the moderate wing of the party, was also in the Twin Cities when the news broke.

“I was in the Rules Committee with about 150 people in the room. They had TVs set up and we took a break to watch the announcement. For a second after she came out, it was silent. Then there was a gasp and everybody stood up and started cheering and clapping. We stayed standing the whole speech.”

After Palin finished, he said, the emotion set in.

“There were 10 or 12 women, party stalwarts, in tears, using napkins and handkerchiefs.”

Part of the reason for the joy is what President Bush once called, in another context, “the soft bigotry of low expectations.” Social conservatives just didn’t expect one of their own to be tapped and were actually bracing themselves for the selection of a supporter of abortion rights.

“There is an electricity going through the social conservative crowd right now; it’s unbelievable,” said James Muffett, head of Michigan’s Citizens for Traditional Values, who had met with McCain in the weeks leading up to his selection of a running mate. “Especially given all the set-ups and head fakes — it’s amazing. A lot of people were sure he was going to show his more moderate colors.”

Muffett said the effect on his conservative comrades in arms has been immediate and visceral.

“My wife and I watched an MSNBC special on her last night,” he said. “My wife knew nothing about this woman. But she was in tears listening to her articulate the views she had.”

Since the pick, Muffett said, he’s gotten “dozens of e-mails and the phones have been ringing off the hook” from other social conservatives who had assumed McCain would spurn them.

“They were taunting me, saying ‘McCain’s going to disappoint you,’” he said of the sentiment before the pick.

Since?

“’Boy, what kind of prayers have you been saying for McCain?’” he said with a chuckle about the question asked on one phone call. “He went and chose a Pentecostal for his running mate!”

The adoration goes beyond Christian conservatives.

Sportsmen are also overjoyed at the addition of one of their own, and can’t get enough of video and pictures showing Palin firing a weapon.

“She's one of us,” wrote Michael Bane, a prominent Colorado-based gun enthusiast who has a show on the Outdoor Channel, on his blog. “FINALLY, we can get 100 percent behind the Republican ticket ... change we can believe in!”

“You know I've had my problems with McCain, but he has reached out a hand to us both at the NRA Annual Meeting [earlier this year] and with the amazing selection of Sarah Palin as his running mate,” Bane added.

And then there is the contrast: “While [Barack Obama] wants to ban AR-15s, Palin shoots AR-15s, and apparently pretty well.”

“Every shooter, every hunter, every gun owner, every competitor needs to understand that it is time to, in the words of Bruce Willis, ‘cowboy the 'f...' up.’ ”

Chris Cox, the top political aide at the NRA, suggested that his job just got a whole lot easier, not just with a pro-gun Republican vice presidential nominee but a Democratic number two — Delaware Sen. Joe Biden — who is anathema to the Second Amendment community

SEE? I Don't like.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:04 am

Biden better practice debating using real babe types. His style will absolutely come off as merciless bullying against her. He need to find a way to be as ferocious as he can be but find the right tone.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:46 pm

I do NOT by any means think this woman is qualified to be VP, however, I did find out that that photo of her in the mini-skirt is photoshopped. It's NOT her body. Her head was taken from her inaugural party and I don't know whose body it is.

I did just read a long article (with many pix) explaining how the baby is her 16-year-old daughter's. I believe that one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
frazzle

frazzle

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 5:31 pm

Oh, I thought the pic was real, though not current.

I don't actually care whether the baby is hers or her kids.

I care much more about about the emerging stories about cronyism and underhanded dealings she has been involved in in Alaska.

On the hurricane and the restructuring of the Republican convention...
DAMN! McCain really sucks in formal televised settings. Aside from humanitarian reasons, I really hope the hurricane just drifts away without doing disastrous damage so that by Thursday he is compelled to do the formal version.

On Biden and practicing debating with Bimbos...I have now seen that other brilliant minds have come up with the same idea on several forums. Hopefully Biden will get the message and take it seriously.

Update on the baby deal: tit does matter to me, precisely because her whole sob sory is about how she knew beforehand that the baby would have Down's Syndrome and she decided to go ahead with the pregancy because she is so anti-abortion.

But if her views forced her DAUGHTER to have the baby, that matters a whole lot to me.

Nevertheless, I do assume the truth about who actually gave birth will be revealed soon.

If she assaulted her own daughter that way I hope she goes down in flames.

A very left wing blag link, but the visuals are very impressive, including a pic of what Palin looked like during a previous pregnacy and pics from this one:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/31/145838/319/386/581332

poor daughter!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 9:14 pm

So, it doesn't matter that she has no experience and doesn't know much, but just knowing she's anti-abortion is all they need to know? Oy.

It would be horrible if she forced her daughter to have the baby. Horrendous.

Interesting blog and pictures.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 9:47 pm

A pic from about a month before kid born...
http://alaskareport.com/news31/z49194_republican_convention.htm

Now I am back to thinking it is hers.

And on her belief that Creationism should be taught in schools along with Evolution:

Evolution is science, so not in the same category.

Creationism belongs in a subject I LOVE the idea of being taught:

Gods, Goddesses, Beliefs and Theories of Historical and Contemporary Religions and Movements.

I really find the subject fascinating.

The Greek Gods and Goddesses and the ancient Roman ones combined are the ones that make the most metaphorical sense to me, but I love contemplating all the ones I learn about.

If Christian Creationism is taught in that context along with Zorastrianism, Islamicism, Paganism, Wiccanism, Judaism, Jungianism, Racism, Sexism, Jehova's Witnessism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Mormanism, Puritanism, Rastafarianism, 12 Step ism, and all other isms, I am so for it!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:50 pm

I had another thought. I was watching these Hillary supporters talking after Hillary gave her speech and they were all saying how they were now going to vote for McCain and how there's websites now like "democratsformccain.com". So, now that he's chosen this particular running mate, I wonder if they're as gung-ho to vote for someone who is against everything Hillary is for and will set the country back to the 50's if she has any say about it?
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:15 pm

I have no idea if democrats for mccain and PUMAs ever had any affinity for anything left of Palin. I doubt it.

I think the Democrats are being smart officially saying very little about Palin.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:29 am

Quote :
So, it doesn't matter that she has no experience and doesn't know much, but just knowing she's anti-abortion is all they need to know? Oy.

Yes. My father voted for Dubya TWICE based on that criteria to the exclusion of all other considerations. He now agrees that Bush was a nightmarish president but tried to gush over how wonderful Palin was today. I wasn't having any of it. This man taught me critical thinking skills; I am bewildered as to when he lost them.

As for the pregnancy... um, no. She is the baby's grandmother. I've seen a picture of the girl who spent six months out of school with "mono" at the same time that her mother was "pregnant" without gaining an ounce. That poor child had a pooch like a Buddha. 99% certain Palin was covering for her kid.

Remember, she claims that her water broke, so her reaction was to get on a flipping plane. Now, who in their right mind would do that? If she really did do that, she's an idiot, and if she didn't - well, she's a liar.

Here's my source: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/31/145838/319/386/581332

Now, I will say this: the girl had a child out of wedlock and it was a Down's Syndrome to boot. I will say this for that family; they did not merely decree that all women must go through with difficult pregnancies; they did indeed walk the walk, and a lot of these hypocrites won't do that.

So while I amused by the pregnancy lie, it's not a deal breaker for me. However, the fact that she did not know what the VP does, the fact that she's the focus of an ethics violation, the fact that I disagree with every opinion she has... not voting for this ticket.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:20 am

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/gov-palin-says.html

Well, the daughter is pregant NOW, in any event.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 2:59 pm

Quote :
"Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned," they continued, referring to their 17-year-old daughter. "As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support."
Wow. Do you think she called her daughter "beautiful" when she came and told them she was pregnant? That she's pregnant now makes it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more plausible that she was pregnant then!

Abrahammy, I don't know WHAT I'd do if any of my immediate family was a Republican. Fortunately, my mom, dad and I are all democrats. So is my uncle on my dad's side.

I do have an aunt who's a Republican. A woman who not only lived through the holocaust, but had a father who died there, became a Republican. How? Oh, she and my unlce became very rich.

It's obvious you have excellent critical thinking skills, which probably makes your dad's loss of those skills even more frustrating. Again, if I had immediate family saying how great Palin is, I'd have to disown them, so kudos to you for being able to have conversations with him.

SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE VP DOES??????? Shocked
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:21 pm

OK, pic of Palin, the elder, shortly before Trig was born:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3049/2814199887_67e84850f4_b.jpg
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:15 pm

Yes, my husband convinced me that it was Palin's baby today. OK. Next crisis. Mrs. Palin is happy to announce that her currently pregnant daughter is going to MARRY the 18 year old boy who impregnated her.

Because they are doing the right thing.

Conversation I heard on one of the political shows tonight:

"So, do you believe that Sarah Palin is the best choice McCain could have made for Vice President?"

"Sarah Palin is McCain's choice, andIthinkshe'sgoingtobeagreatchoiceshehas
farmoreexecutiveexperiencethanObamashe'samotherandagreatrolemodel."

"I didn't ask if she was a good mother. I asked if she was the very best choice McCain could have made for Vice President."

"SarahPalinisMcCain'sChoiceandshehasfarmoreexecutiveexperiencethan
Obamashe'sbeenthegovernorofourlargeststatedidImentionshe'samother.."

Seriously. Even the hardcore right-wing spin doctors knows she's NOT the best pick he could have made and the front they put up is as transparent as a net.

Honey, I'm a mother. That does not make me qualified to be President.

Here are pundits discussing this BEFORE she was announced.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/9/1/115013/6486/664/582087

Edited! This just in! AAAARRRRGGGGH!

Shit. This woman just officially made my top shit list. I am no longer prepared to be even civil.
Quote :

While Sarah was Mayor of Wasilla she tried to fire our highly respected
City Librarian because the Librarian refused to consider removing from
the library some books that Sarah wanted removed. City residents
rallied to the defense of the City Librarian and against Palin's
attempt at out-and-out censorship, so Palin backed down and withdrew
her termination letter. People who fought her attempt to oust the
Librarian are on her enemies list to this day.

http://www.andrys.com/palin-kilkenny.html
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:53 am

She is about as horrible as any politician I have ever heard of.

I will join in with the ARGHGHGHGGHGHGHGHG!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:19 pm

I am watching the Republican National Convention now.

Fred Thompson, TV actor, was just up and did an expected fine job at making a case for how pitiful poor POW McCain is.

Joe Lieberman is up now.

I don't know if I can comment on him, my loathing is so deep. So, restraining myself: The whiniest, most victimy voice ever, in any of his many parties.

How did anybody ever consider him a Democrat?

Oh the smarminess of him!

Destestation. Is that a word? It is now.

What was his hold on Gore?

What is his hold on McCain?

Why does anybody like this guy???? He is utter bullshit, all the way through.

I am determined to make myself watch as much of the Republican Convention as I did the Democratic one.

I may need to be taken care of for a few months, though.

The complete lies, not just spins, about the Democrats that are being put forth as though they are facts is appaling.

The Dems smear the Repubs with spin, but I did not hear out and out lies.

The whole Palin thing (the Republicans are now shouting SEXISM!!! As though they are not at the root of it [the Dems are sexist too, but it is not so institutionalized] )

How fucking dare they!

Never in the history of American politics has there been a woman close to ANY elected position who is as destrutive to what feminism is all about then Palin.

Anybody remember Phyllis Shafley? The woman who basically abandoned her many young children to campaign agains the Equal Rights Amendment. She was damn powerful in her absolute insistence that women not work, stay home to take care of the kids, and vote against any laws that might benefit woman who did otherwise. Buit she did otherwise.

Palin not only insists that abortion be illegal, but that birth control and STD and AIDS protection education has no place in the schools.

Having the idiot impregnater (who just likes to kick ass and doesn't want kids) of her 17 year old daughter now COME TO THE CONVENTION to presumably play the part ($$$$$$) of the love-smitten husband-to-be is making me APOPLECTIC!!!!

I want another party...the RUBBERS PARTY. Make all men and boys who do not want a kid get condoms, heavy duty ones, industrial strength ones, grafted to their penises just before puberty or at whatever point it becomes clear to the community (heh..that is like Republican speak). Give them some sort of abdominal tube that goes into their bladders so they can pee. And cause no more births unwanted by the father, no more abortions, no more AIDS, period.

That is my platform.

Last edited by frazzle on Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:03 am

Sarah Pawlenty

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:08 am

Who is the woman who delivered that one?

Partial answer: The Vice Chair of the RNP or RNC..not sure which

Last edited by frazzle on Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:14 am

The Washinton Post (not one of the Liberal Media places these days) posted this about Lieberman's lies..except because they are more right leaning, they called them "misleading"s:
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2008/09/lieberman_misleads_on_obamas_r.html
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:59 am

On McCain's POW experience meaning anything except that he was a POW which is a terrible thing to have been:

He went through it in no especially heroic way.

I do not hold against him any lack of special heroics. I imagine I would have simply gone into a catatonic state, permanently, if i couldn';t have gotten them to kill me, so him staying alive is a step up.

I hold it against him and all who speak for him that there was anything particularly heroic about it.

He withstood it. But, in order to withstand it, he put on anit-American radio shows. I don't blame him for that. But there was certainly nothing heroic about it, just understandable.

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/cin_declassified_landing.htm

The link goes to a connection to transcripts of things McCain said while he was a POW.

Yes the site is against McCain, so if you want to be impartial, just read the transcripts and listen to the (sparser) audios.

Again, perfectly understandable, but not particularly heroic, and absolutely NOTHING that relates to being prepared to be the President of America.

I don't even say he is not prepared to be President. I think he is far more prepared than Bush, regardless of the fact that I think he is wrong about nearly all issues.

But I do say that his POW experience is, in no way, part of the credentials that say he is prepared, any more than the men in this pile are now prepared to lead their countries:
Politics - Page 14 Abuthumbsup1ob3

It is the same deal. Hideous, but only serves to say that people do unspeakable things to each other. I makes the victims plenty angry and fearful and paranoid. Understandably. But there is certainly no direct route to Presidential leadership from painful and humiliating torture.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:17 pm

Well, you know, it's good that she's always had an interest in politics.

Sarah as sportscaster
She's a joke and an affront to women. What a freakin' whackjob.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:22 pm

A video of Joe Lieberman going way over the top -- in this case PRAISING Obama -- in 2006 when he thought he could ride Obama's coattails to the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJTJbqKuDDM

Maybe that is Joe's deep MO...he needs some powerful guy to make him feel as though he has value. Clearly it didn't work out with Gore, then Obama, and now he is desperately hoping John McCain will be the one he can leach off.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 6:59 pm

I would like for every voter in the United States to be aware of what the conservative pundits actually think of Sarah Palin when the mic is turned off. We found out today.

This really happened.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG8w4bb3kg

Everybody is horrified.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:07 pm

How nice it would be if they would get that real when they are officially speaking in public.

I did see that Peggy Noonan came up with a way to justify it all in her Wall Street Journal column:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122044753790594947.html?mod=todays_columnists

I am watching the live feed from c-span. Romney is on now, bashing liberals, blaming the last 8 years on the Liberals.

Now he is leading chants to go after the Evil Islamic Extremists. All of it is just slogans. Not actual terrorists...the evil Islamics. As Peggy Noonan, that fine Repulican said of another Republican issue, BULLSHIT!

Do they not understand how many Muslims are in the wrold and hating the US more and more? Giveing them more reasons to hate us does not keep us safe.

Obama being willing to talk, being, inherently, somebody who like to find things out, likes to understand, is the onkly thing that makes any sense at all. And if he actually finds Bin Laden and the genuine terrorists, cool. That will be far more than the Republicans have done.

I am really afraid of what will happen to the US if McCain gets elected. We will be at war, with the gleeful rich protected and the rest of us, well, dead.

CUTE! They just showed on black person looking happy in the audience! And one Asian guy! I am so glad to see the diversity.

oK! Revving up now. Huckabee is starting to speak.

HAH!!!!! Huckabee is saying how proud he is of America that the Democrats nominated Obama, "not because of his color, but because of his indifference to it."

This guy reminds me of Lieberman.

"Barak's Excellent Adventure to Europe" put "European Ideas" in Obama's head.

Where do they get the idea the Democrats are waiting for the "Government to Rescue" them???

I just want the government to stop living off way too much of my taxes going to make the rich richer and people like ME poorer. Bill Clinton did not make me poorer. Bush sure did. Carter did not make me poorer, Reagan did, and Bush Elder did.

I certainly don't get any government assistance. Under Bush and Arnold I was deprived of getting money I PAID IN to Unemployment (and over the decades I have paid many 10s of thousands) because they would not allow me to appeal their incomprehensible instant ruling that I wasn't fired and I wasn't laid off. Well, I sure didn't QUIT, so WTF????

I could have spent money I did not have to hire a lawyer to fight to get back my $11,000 (a fraction of what I paid in)...but under the Republicans, they were counting on nobody in my position having enough money to appeal.

Gov. of Hawaii is now speaking up for Sarah Palin's "MORAL CHARACTER". She then goes on to list the following things as examples of "MORAL CHARACTER: she fell in love and eloped with her husband. She has five kids and a grand child on the way.

THAT IS MORAL CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell do they mean????

There are many people who have kids. In fact most adults have kids. There are many unwed teenager who are pregnant or mothers. How, on earth, does that have any bonus points in the MORAL CHARACTER equation?

Guiliani is up.

OH, another Asian in the audience! Not seen a second black person yet, but I am sure there are at least 2 there.

They didn't show the faces, but, by gum, they showed a SIGN that said "Hispanics for McCain".

Ahh, now Guliani is getting everyone to sniker at Obama from going to an Ivy League School, and being a ...tee hee hee, Community Organizer.

Will we get a group tee hee hee for Palin being the PTA president?

Now GUliani is making fun of OBama voting "present". That would be fine, except McCain just plain avoided voting something like 60% of the time.

Uh oh, Guliani is now ridiculing Obama for being a celebrity.

Anybody ever see either Guliani or McCain on Saturday Night Live? I sure did. McCain played a psychopathic wife-murderer, Guliani was in drag one time among his many appearances.

I enjoyed their hamming it up.

Anybody see Obama on SNL? I did, he came on and the puchline fo the joke was that he can only be himself, which was all he did for about 5 seconds.

And now the frothing at the mouth chant in the audience is once again:

DRILL BABY, DRILL!

If drilling would actually fix anything I might say, as they are, fuck the environment, gimme cheap gas! But that won't happen no matter how much we fuck the environment.

Good gracious, Guliani is equating being respectful of Muslims in America to supporting terrorism. I am watching live so I can't play that one back. I hope I mis-heard.
Guliani is implying that McCain has done things that have protected us against Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda. He doesn't mention WHAT

and Palin is ON

OK then, she is fabulous casting to play the part of a powerful female Republican (about 3 mins in to the speech). I did expect that.

This is all so much cuter and shinier than McCain would have been without a performer at his side.

She is way cuter than Gena Davis was playing the president.

THe other three cast members in this election are just so pitifully real, at heart, regardless of their views, and in McCain's case, attempts to profess beliefs in this he thinks are bullshit. Dang he is trying, but how lucky to have the shiny Sarah to rescue the Hollywood image.

And now we are complete. She is reassuring the audience that she is a hockey Mom and PTA leader, all to make the public schools better for her kids. No mention of taking one of her kids out of that system for eight months, but damn isn't she cute and perky. Almost as cute as reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde, but better, because she is BRUNETTE and WEARS GLASSES.

Male voice calling out "I LOVE YOU SARAH!!!!"

People cheering, giving me a moment to ponder..is this speech actually cribbed from Legally Blonde? It does sound familiar.

The camera operators are doing a fine job of looking for enthusiastic audience members who are not necessarily good casting for rich, white, old people. They aren't succeeding, so they keep cutting back to the same 3 who do not fit rich white and old.

Now she is talking about how much she likes to veto things. More power to the person at the top, fuck democracy. Now bragging about fucking the federal government (i.e. US as tax payers) of all the money that got earmarked for the Bridge to Nowhere, after she helped bring in our money, so that she can now spend it the way she actually wants to in Alaska.

Oh, now look at her spout memorized lines she did not write, and seems to have no understanding of regarding all those other unpronounceable places that produce oil and gas, like...RUSSIA...and Venezuezuala and....let me get back tot he North Slope of Alaska! Cuz I can pronounce that!!!

But, alas, the speech is continuing on about things she clearly can't get behind that attack Obama..she went from a great delivery to bad acting.

I am actually glad to see that, she sucks as a performer when she is lying.

She just looked as though she wanted to puke, as she is going on saying utterly absured anti-Obama things, including that Obama is afraid that sombody won't read a terrorist their rights.

More on him raising taxes (which is actually false, and she knows it) and she is soooooo not saying things she thinks are true.

" A maxive tax burden"...she meant massive, and this is about the 12th time she has been unable to pronounce since she started on the part of the speech that is utter bullshit. I love it that she cannot speak the words when it is a lie.
And she is even having trouble delivering the part about how McCain being a POW and talking about EVIL and how McCain overcame it.

When she was bragging about herself and her family she was cooking as an actor. Talking about McCain....it is about as bad as I would be if I had to give a speech talking him up as the messiah.

And both tonight and the other day, when McCain himself comes toward her to hug her or kiss her cheek, SHE FLINCHES and tries to cover the flinch, but boy does she back away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by frazzle on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:36 pm

After watching both conventions and really trying to let people and things I disagree with make a case (needless to say, I utterly failed in that attempt, but i did find it interesting and informative), I am putting my money, however meager, where my mouth is.

I jsut donated $25 to Obama. If I had more I would give more.

MORAL CHARACTER to me means not living as though lies are real.

The Dem nominees may lie sometimes, too, but they do not seem to think that lies are SUPPOSED to be the base of their publicly spoken ideas.

http://www.barackobama.com/index.php
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Politics - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics   Politics - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Politics
Page 14 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next