Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV shows

Go down 
+6
Janice
Green Eyez
aerwin
austin
firecracker
frazzle
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 6:38 am

I think it sucks . I am FURIOUS about this. The head honchos have all the money and can pay these writers what they want. Most of the TPTB say they are not even worried abot it because they can fill it with reality tv. I hope it blows up in their face and they lose money hand over fist. Actually if you think about it reality tv is partly to blame for this.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 6:46 am

Pushing Daisies is nominated for a Golden Globe!!! YAY! Excellent show.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 7:05 am

cheers cheers cheers

It was excellent last night! LOVE IT!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 12:30 pm

I am thrilled for Christina Applegate being nominated for a GG for Samantha Who? She is laugh out loud funny and I adore the show! I really hope she wins!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 6:17 am

Christina Applegate is a doll.
New Moonlight tonight!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:11 am

Yes she is!! Do you watch Samantha Who? SOOOO funny and she is just wonderful in it!! I really want her to win the GG even though I also love America - but America won both the GG and the Emmy last year, so I am hoping Christina gets it this year. She so deserves it for this role!

Yes, I am SOOOO excited that we have a new Moonlight for tonight! It is suppose to be quite a good episode!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:27 pm

Is anyone here watching the Next Great American Band? The finale is Friday night. I've watched every week.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:16 am

Sky, I have not heard of it. What network is it on?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 6:51 am

frazzle wrote:
Sky, I have not heard of it. What network is it on?

It's on FOX. The threee bands in the finals are SixWire, Clark Bros. and Denver Mile High Orchestra. Denver group has great muscians but I find them very boring. SixWire is a very polished good sounding group and their background is country but they did the 'cover' songs really well. The group I want to win is The Clark Bros., they are awesome. Their background is also country with some gospel and maybe a little rock. The singer of the trio is very easy on the eyes and sings with such emotion. The instruments they play are of course guitar, but also the mandolin, violin and a dobro. It's their talent to play these instruments that also makes them very unique. I'm not a country music fan, but I will definitely be looking for anything this group records.

Here is a YouTube of one of the best performances by them.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RoZ7APUoJg
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 5:14 pm

I'ved watched the show every week too. Did you know that Melinda Doolittle is good friends with the guys from Denver and The Mile High Orchestra? They went to the same college and she used to sing with them.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 7:15 pm

I didn't know that.................

Aren't these groups great. Who would you like to win?
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:04 am

cheers cheers cheers Yay! The Clark Brothers won!!!! They are the Next Great American Band.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 6:59 am

I'm glad the band you wanted to win won Sky! cheers

Do they get a record deal now? I only saw the show a couple of times, but I remember them and they were really good when I saw them.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 2:25 pm

I'm not sure...............I sure hope so.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 6:17 am

Hey did anyone see the last Moonlight?? It was terrific! Will we ever get our tv back???
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 6:58 am

Of course I saw the last Moonlight!! Yes, it was terrific!! Such a great show and cast! I don't know when we will get our TV back Crying or Very sad It is so upsetting Mad This was the first new fall season in a long time that I was so excited about! Several really great new shows that I loved - Moonlight, Pushing Daisies, Samantha Who?, Gossip Girl, not to mention my previously adored shows like Betty, Grey's, Supernatural, ER, Ghost Whisperer, Men in Trees, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters... oh, I could just weep Sad
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:38 pm

New Moonlight next week! Yippee! It is supposed to be really good. And explain how Coralee became humanoid.

Does anyone watch Dexter? I am watching the first season now on DVD. It is most excellent.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 3:13 pm

I noticed that Aerwin! I'm excited about Friday night! New Ghost Whisperer, Moonlight and Men In Trees! Can't wait!! cheers
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:05 pm

Crap, it was suppose to be new shows tonight and now I see they are repeats on CBS and Men In Trees isn't even on. Damn this freaking strike!!!! Mad

Birng on AI and Bruno vs. Carrie Ann!!!!!!! At least they won't be freaking reruns!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:45 pm

Here is a list of the last air dates for the first run episodes of shows.

BY DATE:
Women’s Murder Club (ABC) Jan. 4
Desperate Housewives (ABC) Jan. 6
Gossip Girl (CW) Jan. 9
CSI (CBS) Jan. 10
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) Jan. 10
My Name Is Earl (NBC) Jan. 10
30 Rock (NBC) Jan. 10
Family Guy (Fox) Jan. 13
CSI Miami (CBS) Jan. 14
NCIS (CBS) Jan. 15
ER (NBC) Jan. 17
Without A Trace (CBS) Jan. 17
Moonlight (CBS) Jan. 18
Life Is Wild (CW) Jan. 20
Law & Order: SVU (NBC) Jan. 22
Ugly Betty (NBC) Jan. 24
Brothers & Sisters (ABC) Jan. 27
Boston Legal (ABC) Jan. 29

Friday Night Lights (NBC) Feb. 8
Cashmere Mafia (ABC) Feb. 13
Scrubs (NBC) Feb. 14
Psych (USA) Feb. 15
Prison Break (Fox) Feb. 18
Samantha Who? (ABC) Feb. 18
Nip/Tuck (FX) Feb. 19
Las Vegas (NBC) Feb. 22
Monk (USA) Feb. 22

Medium (NBC) March 3
Terminator (Fox) March 3
Stargate Atlantis (SciFi) March 7
The Wire (HBO) March 9
Breaking Bad (AMC) March 16
Kyle XY (ABC Family) March 17
Lost (ABC) March 20
L Word (Showtime) March 23
Quarterlife (NBC) March 24
Jericho (CBS) March 25
In Treatment (HBO) March 25
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 6:28 am

thank you fc. Yeah TV guide lied. Moonlight was a repeat. I am watching Dexter and The tudors via netflix. Since i am a total anglophile I am LOVING The Tudors. Som of it is historically inaccurate but I do not care. Dexter is an excellent show. I think they are going to show it on one of the networks.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:08 am

Aerwin, did you see Moonlight last night? God that was good! He is such a stunning man and plays that role to perfection!!! I cannot wait to see it next week!!

Moonlight won the People's Choice Award for favorite new drama! cheers
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 8:54 pm

Man, what a disappointment the "Golden Globes Special" was. Not only was it sad about the whole event pretty much being cancelled, but I was so disappointed with 98% of the winners. Then the one person I so wanted to win finally wins and we don't even get an acceptance speech Crying or Very sad Really disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 9:38 pm

I have my fingers and toes crossed that the oscars will be broadcast as planned and we will all get to see Johnny accept the award he so deserves.

I have a feeling Tim Burton is going to be overlooked again, which pains me. The man so deserves it for ST based on the reviews I have read from everyone here and from the entertainment industry. And stab me now, I am looking at the body of work from him as well. I can't help it.

Well, the Coen brothers and the actor from NCFOM got some awards which is great too!That film is actually playing here and I am going to go see it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 9:47 pm

I do not think Johnny will win the Oscar. The Globes have separate categories for Musical/Comedy and Dramas. The Oscars don't. I bet you anything Daniel Day Lewis will beat Johnny at The Oscars because there they will be up against each other. The were not at The Globes. Everything I read says Lewis has it locked. I know they could be wrong and maybe Hollywood's love for Johnny and him finally getting the awards he so deserves will win out over so much acclaim for Lewis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV shows - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV shows
Page 11 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next