Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV shows

Go down 
+6
Janice
Green Eyez
aerwin
austin
firecracker
frazzle
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:06 pm

aerwin wrote:
we started watching Mad Men yesterday . I got it from netflix. OMG it is GOOD!! I am hooked. All the men are misgynostic pigs and I want to slap them upside the head. But Sheesh this is a show you cannot look away from. The clothes , the furniture, the cars are all unreal pretty. It takes place in 1962 so I guess people were different then. That one actress January Jones is terrific and her clothes. Yikes ! I love it.

I just ordered this from the library and there is a waiting list. It must be as good as you said.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:00 pm

You will love it. I watched two more episodes last night. My husband is even watching and he hardly ever watches tv. There is nothing else like it on tv.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 4:03 pm

Quite a 'steamy' video circulating the net on Ollie and April from the Big Brother tv show. Anyone here watch this?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 4:45 pm

Sorry no. I find that whole show just icky No People doing that while cameras are on - just oy silent The backstabbing and plotting No I like to pretend there are not people like that Laughing The only reality shows I watch are the talent shows. Sometimes I watch the finale of Bachelor to see if he proposes and she excepts. Not that I expect them to actually get married and be happy Razz
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:16 am

NO to Big Brother. I heard some of homophobic and degrading remarks made about women by some of the house guests last year. I think it is sickening people like that have an outlet.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:32 am

I watched Benjamin Bratt's new show "The Cleaner" last night and it was really good! I really like him!

I agree Aerwin. A lot of those reality shows sure show the worst in people. Sometimes I have to wonder how much of it is a "put-on" just to get a lot of notice Rolling Eyes . Some of those reality show contestants have managed to get a career going (Elizabeth H. on The View for one) so I wonder if others think if they get a lot of notice maybe it will lead to another show for them or something. Or maybe there are just a lot of really disgusting people out there. I don't know which to fear more Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:44 pm

aerwin wrote:
You will love it. I watched two more episodes last night. My husband is even watching and he hardly ever watches tv. There is nothing else like it on tv.

I can't wait to see the new season start of this on Sunday. I love this show!

I realized I have missed a load of good shows because so many are on cable networks. I've only had the basic cable until the last 2 months. Loads of good series on these networks.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:26 pm

I am going to make it a point to watch it this Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:16 pm

I like to see people exhibiting their worst. It's really a lesson for me on how people can manipulate to get what they want. I think it's quite interesting what people will do to other people to get some money or a prize.

I watched one season of BB. It was with that chick Alison, who, from what I understand, beats everyone in every season for backstabbing and lying. I saw the housemates after they saw the footage of what she really did to them and you can tell they were devastated.

I like getting glimpses into human nature. I like watching the good and the bad. I also love it when they forget the camera is there and just do whatever they want. That's when it gets the most interesting.

I also understand why they edit so much. OMG. I watched a bit of BB After Dark on cable and there's just tons of very very boring footage.

I love when Kathy Griffin called bullshit on the people who say they weren't a mean backstabbing bitch, they were just edited that way. She says she especially realizes it now that she has a reality show and if anything they edit her NICER.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:23 pm

firecracker wrote:
I am going to make it a point to watch it this Sunday.
make sure you do. It is great . Thw whole cast is terrific.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 9:11 pm

I LOVED Fear Itself tonight! Very Twilight Zone-ish! I will say the last shot of the male lead was a bit upsetting for personal reasons. But I would love for more episodes like tonight's! Last week's was horrible beyond belief No

Hey, "Angel's Son" Conner is on Mad Men!!!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:28 am

Quote :
Hey, "Angel's Son" Conner is on Mad Men!!!
THAT'S who that is! He is very compelling character. Oliy and disgusting yet sad and lonely.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 10:14 am

I loved that kid on Angel! I look forward to checking him out in this role!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 9:01 pm

I watched Mad Men last night. It was good. I liked the cast and the whole look of the show. The plot was kind of slow, but probably because it was the first of the season. It looks like it will pick up from the previews of coming weeks. I will continue to watch it as I am sure it will get better. "Conner" sure grew up! Shocked
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 8:13 am

Oh Man I love this show. Pete is a big trip just wait. You will see. I wish you could see some of last years episodes to see everything he does.
Don't you love the clothes?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 8:15 am

I love the clothes, hair and make-up! They do an excellent job of making it all look very authentic! Even the suits, glasses, hair etc. for the men. I really loved the whole look of the show!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 8:22 am

I know I love it. Man it sure has kept me entertained while I've been sick. I watched all last season on DVD. I wish I could find some furniture like that. The actress that plays Betty is beautiful. She looks like Grace Kelley.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 8:27 am

That's what I thought! I believe her name is January Jones. I looked her up on IMBD. If they were going for a Grace Kelly look they could not have done better casting! I love the way she moves and everything. So reminiscent of the glamorous days of the past.
Back to top Go down
Janice

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:11 pm

I'm still on the waiting list at the library for the first season of Mad Men. I'm now 214th on the list waiting for one of the 60 copies! I watched the show last Sunday and it was entertaining to see the styles, all the smoking and the non-PC attitudes. Smile January Jones is an ex-girlfriend of Josh Groban and they appeared together at most of the red carpet events in which he was a guest or participant. She is so slim and beautiful and looks good in ANYTHING!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:24 pm

I KNEW I heard that name before!! Thanks for the info! I am looking forward to watching it tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
Janice

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:58 pm

If you saw the movie, "Love Actually," January had a small part it. She played a ....prostitute. A very sweet and pretty one.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:21 am

I love Love Actually! I think She is a doll. My sister and I are both in love with this show. I just think the writing and acting are outstanding. I love all the attention to detail too. All that 60's stuff is cool.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:55 am

I really enjoyed Mad Men last night. Is the baby she was holding hers? Is her mom and sis raising her baby?
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:45 pm

firecracker wrote:
I really enjoyed Mad Men last night. Is the baby she was holding hers? Is her mom and sis raising her baby?

I also enjoyed the show last night. And yes, that baby is Peggy's. She had it at the end of the last season. And her mom and sis appear to be raising him. I'm wondering who the father is. Pete maybe?

There was so much that went on last night that made me go - OMG; but the biggest one was the big exec of the agency asking Pete to be a part of the meeting with the airline they were trying to woo. And then him coming to the meeting. I couldn't believe it.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:10 pm

Thanks Lau!

I knew from the scenes from the previous season that Peggy had a baby. I assumed she put him up for adoption. Then when her sis said "Aren't you going to say good-bye to him" (or something like that) and I saw the baby in the crib with the other little ones I thought "Oh so mom is raising her son". But I just wasn't positive.

Not having seen the first season I have no clue who the father is. It will be interesting finding out. I just love the actress who plays Peggy! She is not super pretty or glamorous. Jut very real and I just love her! I love how she blew the guy off in the hallway at that party! I love her dresses and shoes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV shows - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV shows
Page 19 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next