Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV shows

Go down 
+6
Janice
Green Eyez
aerwin
austin
firecracker
frazzle
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:37 pm

It isn't the commercial being too loud on the problem I am having with NBC, it is that even with the TV at full blast (yes it is a crummy old TV, but still..) it is that I really can't hear any soft dialog!

I can on all other channels, and I can hear the NBC news, etc.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 5:37 pm

Hmmmm...like I said, my mom has a nice new TV and NBC came in really soft. I don't know what to tell you. I guess contacting NBC would help.

Question: Do you have Time Warner Cable? That's what my mom has. You might try there first and see what they say.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:01 pm

Biggest Loser is on NBC, and it comes through loud and clear.

Gonna watch Law & Order SVU now (will catch Eli Stone online later this week).

Even if I had room to exercize in my apartment, I wouldn't do it in todays wretched air.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 1:17 pm

Has anyone watched "Eleventh Hour" with my beloved, Rufus Sewell? As you can see, Aerwin has not been posting about him being HER beloved, as my threats made it clear she was not to go near my man. She's probably shaking in her boots.

I missed the Christian Slater show and will have to watch it online or download it.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:43 pm

I am also a Rufus fan, but I have not seen his show so I make no claim to his body.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:58 pm

The Christian Slater one was good, not as good as Fringe, but good. But then, I've been watching 'Dexter' and I don't think anything compares to this one. Fraz.............don't even THINK about watching Dexter, it wouldn't be for you. Wink It's very Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 pm

I tried with Dexter. Fringe grossed me out much quicker, but I couldn't stay with Dexter, either.

But I loved Six Feet Under.

Dunno what the difference is, since Six Feet Under also had plenty of viscerally gross stuff.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 6:03 am

Green Eyez wrote:
Has anyone watched "Eleventh Hour" with my beloved, Rufus Sewell? As you can see, Aerwin has not been posting about him being HER beloved, as my threats made it clear she was not to go near my man. She's probably shaking in her boots.

I missed the Christian Slater show and will have to watch it online or download it.
EXCUSE ME ? Lady! Of course I watched it.I thought it was very good. I do think I Like the BBC on with Patrick stewart Better for one reason , the actress. Ashley Jensen is in the BBC version and I much prefer her to the bland Marley Shelton.

My son watched the Christian slater one and he did not likr it. He said it was a very poor imitation of the Bourne series.

OMG I LOVE DEXTER . One of my fav shows.

Have Y'all watched Life on mars? it is VERY GOOD. I highly reccommend it. It is on at the same time as 11th hour but I record both and watch later. Try it this week .
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:01 pm

It's funny, because I was not aware there were English versions of Life on Mars and Eleventh Hour.

I adore Life on Mars. At TwoP they're griping over how the English version is better and the lead actor plays it more scared than angry and how much of a better actor he is. I do like the show and will continue to watch it.

I am not into Marley Shelton AT ALL. Funny, at first I was like "is that Heather Graham?" They look a lot alike. I thought the gratuitous "running down in my bathrobe and exposing my bra" scene would have been much better without the gratuitous "exposing my bra" thing. Do any of you know a woman who sleeps in her bra? For that matter, I'm sick and tired of TV shows where the women are sleeping and they're awakened in the night. Full face of make-up. Hair brushed. For God's sake, on Ghost Whisperer, her hair is COIFFED and she's still wearing her false eyelashes!

So, you don't like Rufus as much as Patrick, huh? I guess I get to keep him all to myself then! Awesome!

Dexter? How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. Hey, I actually did the entire recap of it! Michael C. Hall is just such an amazing actor. The way he even transformed himself physically from Michael on SFU to Dexter is just miraculous. Love him like crazy.

I'll watch the Christian Slater show on hulu.com.

Last edited by Green Eyez on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Quote :
It's funny, because I was not aware there were English versions of Life on Mars and Eleventh Hour.

I adore Life on Mars. At TwoP they're griping over how the English version is better and the lead actor plays it more scared than angry and how much of a better actor he is. I do like the show and will continue to watch it.
Well I've seen both the BBC and american one.Yes the BBC Mars is quite good and the pilot is almost the same. But Hey is is different. Look I am bigger anglophile than ayone. But if the show is well done I see no earthly reason why in the world I can't like both. Maybe that just does not make me all superior. For Instance I LOVE, LOVE ,LOVE,The BBC Version of tHe Office and saw it several years before they made this one. But that being said that does not make me enjoy the American one any less.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:52 pm

I am loving Dexter! I finished the first Season and am on the second season. It sucks watching them on Megavideo because they limit your time, but I'm patient and managing so far, it's just damn annoying.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:10 pm

Well, Sky, I'm glad you've come around to the magic of Dexter. I guess all of us completely hyping it up you just couldn't resist!

Aerwin, it's good that you're open-minded about that stuff. That you can actually separate things and see them as their own entity as opposed to comparing.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:20 pm

It has been almost everyone, every where hyping up Dexter. I'm catching up slowly............
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:35 pm

I'm glad it lived up to the hype! Sometimes when people build something up like that, the person is disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:48 pm

GE is a very sad GE today. Some of her favorite shows have been cancelled:

Eli Stone
Pushing Daisies
Dirty Sexy Money
Boston Legal

Man, are they letting shows go like crazy.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:15 pm

Yep, me too.

Dirty Sexy Money, in particular. Although I really did not like the idiocy of season 2, the first season was breathtakingly good.

All the other shows you mention I also enjoyed.

I hope that does not mean that interesting, complicated characters are completely OUT.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:00 pm

They pushed the show in the direction of making it more "soapy" so gone was Patrick Darling's humanity and fatherliness towards Nick. They were sacrificing character for story. Krause said he was happy with the switch, but I can't see how. I think they got new showrunners or something.

In other good news, if you've been hating "Heroes" lately, the original showrunner, Bryan Fuller, who went to the now cancelled "Pushing Daisies" may be returning. Apparently he was responsible for "Company Man" which everyone agrees was an awesome episode.

Story
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 2:35 am

Link no work, but somewhere i read (and I can't find that link either) an interview with Fuller and he said he was definitely back and that his concern was returning to the relationships among the characters.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:43 am

weird the link just stopped working.

Anyway, what I found interesting is that they already fired Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb. They were co-executive producers and writers. I bet they thought they'd be with this gig forever.

Yeah, it's pretty definite that he's coming back, which is good news.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV shows - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV shows   TV shows - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV shows
Page 22 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22