Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dancing With The Stars

Go down 
+5
abrahammy
Green Eyez
frazzle
firecracker
Sky
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 5:23 pm

FC. from what I understand, Patrick was really full of himself and a total jerk. He had a bit of a rep as an egomaniac. They said

At one point they had to show the two in their audition which was HOT. WOW! It definitely showed why they got the roles.

Richard Gere and Debra Winger hated each other in Officer and a Gentleman. Sometimes you've got personalities that just clash. Especially if both people have a strong leader-type personality.

I did see the clip of Adam dancing and someone said that Julianne had her work cut out for her. I do hope he stays, because he is a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:21 pm

Patrick's wife, Lisa, was in acting class with me in the early 90s. I liked her, never met him.

I must say, the prospect of being the oldest woman ever to appear as a genuine contender (I dance like...well, uniquely) on Dancing with the Stars motivates me to get that 5th billing part on some tv show.

Wait..Priscilla Presley is older than me. But...um...she has had a few things done...

DAMN! I am now watching it live. Priscella is on now. I wanna go on that show!

I want health insurance, a part that i can not have to do full Daniel-Day_lewis level artistry for for my daily bread, and I want to be on Dancing with the Stars.

p.s. There was a time when Jane Seymour was two years older than me, but she is now officially a year younger.

Lies are important.

I was 28 for a decade or two, and then 36 for 12 years, so i understand.

After that I want to do the DDl or Tom Wilkenson level parts.

My beloved Vanessa Redgrave doesn't get to do do that level anymore..so i will settle for enough cachet to do Dancing.

OMYGOD!!!!!!
I expected Kristi Yamaguchi to be brilliant!

And unlike the judges, my take was that she sucked, compared to the expressiveness she shows on the ice. Cold, stiff..obviously her body has flexibility and movement skill, but WOW she was almost as "story" stiff as Adam Corolla! (unpopular view, according to the judges)

Love Marlee Matlin. Watching live now.

Dearee dee..Marlee has also has had her face destroyed - botton-jaw-lift, though she left her body intact.

I like her anyway. DAMN I wish she had left her face be.

I guess I did not see the first two acts. SO I missed blonde Constantine boy. Who was he partnered with?
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:37 pm

I would pay money to see you dance on that show Frazz! You must have Javier dance with you! I bet he is a great salsa dancer.... Twisted Evil I wanted to see Priscilla and Marlee, but Beatles 2 called me over at AI. Dayummm, Marlee has gone under the knife too huh? That is a crying shame. The fine featured ones usually wind up looking really strange...brings to mind Meg Ryan. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:42 pm

I want to go back to when the guys danced..........

Mario? He may have danced well, but I had the impression he wanted to be just a little too friendly with his partner. When they were standing before the judges, she almost moved away from him a little. At one or two, she actually took his hand as he draped it around his shoulder, like she was pulling it away a little. Did anyone else catch any of this?

I did't enjoy watching Priscilla, because her face is so plastic/mask like, but................she did dance better than I thought she would dance. The one I enjoyed watching was Marissa, what enthusiasm!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:52 pm

Oh yeah, me and Javier!

Huh, I never thought of it that way about being fine featured. But I do agree that that is the thing that fails. I still love Marlee, and thought she looked great about 6 months ago when she was in a local feature about getting in shape after 4 kids. Tonight, the face..not horrible, but it was so much better before she did it.

I have tiny features (mini eyes, lips, skinny nose) which makes pro-surgery people always want to tell me how much better my saggy eyelids and droopy jowls would look if I did it.

But I have yet to see a good job on a fine featured woman (or man).

If I saw it, I might save up. Ya never know.

All I have seen is jobs that make the people look absolutely dead (Robert Redford!!!!! plus non fine-featured ones, like Al Pacino and Kenny Rogers)... Marlee just had the jowls done, and she might look OK after it settles, but tonight her whole lower face looked like a not-too-hideous-version of the joker from Batman.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 6:11 am

I watched Idol, was in PM conversations with a friend on another board, then jumped into the shower and completely forgot that DWTS was on Shocked I didn't see one second of it No I am sorry to hear that Kristy wasn't good. I thought she would be one of the best. I'm with you Sky - I can't even look at Priscella. What that woman did to herself Crying or Very sad glad to hear she danced well though. I know she was really nervous. Did Marlee dance well? Nobody mentioned that bubbly girl from Hairspray. Was she good? I really want her to be good. I am so excited they have a female on who is not a size 2 and she seems like a total sweetie.

GE, I am saddened to hear that Patrick was a jerk. I always thought he seemed nice and I loved his dedication to his wife and marriage. He always glowed when he spoke of his love for her.

Sad to hear about Richard Gere and Debra Winger too. That is one of my all time fave movies. I have heard that Debra was a difficult actress to work with. Shirley McClain said so too, even though she said she admired her talent.

So those of you who have watched the whole show both nights - who do you think are the best and have a good shot at winning?
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 6:42 am

Quote :
READING??
lord I love to Read. I read a book a week. I just read another book on Elizabeth 1 and alexander Hamilton's biography. I love Cormac Mccarthy, Alice Hoffman, etc , etc.

Why in God's name would Marlee Matlin have plastic surgery?? How old is she? Priscillia presley looks like a Freakazoid. It does not look good , it looks ghastly.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 7:00 am

FC....Marissa danced good. She came with such enthusiasm and she was so giddy. Her partner made a mistake though and didn't give her enough dance steps to do and the judges called him on it. I think her enjoyment in being there is what I liked the most.

Marlee danced really well, you would never know she didn't hear any of the music.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 3:51 pm

Quote :
GE, I am saddened to hear that Patrick was a jerk. I always thought he seemed nice and I loved his dedication to his wife and marriage. He always glowed when he spoke of his love for her.
I hate to tell you this, but if memory serves, they almost broke up at one point due to his cheating on her.

I also hear Debra was no picnic.

Frazz, my aunt recently got the stomach surgery and lost a whole lot of weight, so she got head to toe plastic surgery and she just looks refreshed. She didn't go overboard. I think the mistake many people make is that while they're under the knife, they might as well "go all the way" and with your face, you really shouldn't take that attitude.

I saw the Joker/Batman thing happen with, I think her name is Roma Downey? Touched By An Angel star.

Frazz, I'm so afraid of saying my age that yesterday at the doctor (I had to go back for a stress test) I gave him the wrong age and had to do actual MATH to remember how old I really am and correct myself. I was so embarassed!

So, is nobody really excited about anybody?

Huh. I had the distinct impression Mario and his partner saw each other after the competition ended. Maybe she just didn't want to make a public display of it.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 4:20 pm

Man, I didn't know that about Patrick. They have been married forever! Well, I guess they worked it out.

Glad to hear Marrissa did good Sky. Thanks for letting me know. I just found out she was 35!! I had no idea! She is a cancer survivor and her and her hubby are having a baby via surrogate. She is about 5 months along. How wonderful for them! I hope she does well in the competition.

I remember when Roma had her surgery and I could NOT figure out why that gorgeous woman felt she needed any work. I use to watch that show and I always thought she was stunning. There must have been some lines and she panicked she wouldn't get work. What a tough business Sad

I have forgotten my age a few times GE. I never lie about my age, yet every now and then I have to stop and think about it Razz
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 4:25 pm

frazzle wrote:
Quote :
I have tiny features (mini eyes, lips, skinny nose) which makes pro-surgery people always want to tell me how much better my saggy eyelids and droopy jowls would look if I did it.

But I have yet to see a good job on a fine featured woman (or man).

If I saw it, I might save up. Ya never know.

All I have seen is jobs that make the people look absolutely dead (Robert Redford!!!!! plus non fine-featured ones, like Al Pacino and Kenny Rogers)... Marlee just had the jowls done, and she might look OK after it settles, but tonight her whole lower face looked like a not-too-hideous-version of the joker from Batman.

I hear ya...I have not yet seen a good face-lift on a fine featured woman or man yet either. They always do too much. Sounds like Marlee went with lip enhancement too which they always seem to do as part of the package and gives them the true Joker look. I have seen good eyelifts done though. Wink I would get the collagen/Restylyn and probably Botox in a heartbeat if I could afford to friviously spend 3-5 K two or 3 times a year to maintain it! Shocked I doubt that will ever happen so I just trying to maintain what I have as long as I can- within my means. I am doing facials with minipeel, microdermabrasion and broken capillary treatments every 6-8 weeks. I found an angel from heaven that only charges me 50.00 to give me the works and she is excellent! cheers

GE, That is great your Aunt had such a great outcome after having everything done. I bet it has drastically improved her quality of life.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:31 pm

Luca, if the amount of trips she's gone on recently is any indication, then absolutely!

Ooh! I forgot! The one who was so adorable before and is now the epitome of The Joker look: MEG RYAN! Oh, she broke my heart when she did what she did to herself.

I got carded a couple of years ago and I was with people much younger than I was, so I think I'm alright for a little while.

Wait. The chick from Hairspray is in DWTS? I love her! I would think learning the routines would come pretty easily to her.

I can see where Yamaguchi would be stiff in her performance, since she comes from the ice skating world. I think Apolo talked about how he had to make a huge shift.

Is anyone rooting for anyone in particular?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:49 pm

Just so you know she is from the Broadway play Hairspray. She won a Tony several years ago for the role. Not the girl from the movie Hairspray. She is only 19. They do look like they could be sisters though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 8:56 pm

Quote :
I am sorry to hear that Kristy wasn't good. I thought she would be one of the best.

I thought she was pretty good. I think once she gets used to the format she will be very hard to beat.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:02 pm

i only watched a few of them, but absolutely thought Kristie has the most going for her physically. I just thought that she would be as expressive as a dancer as she is as a skater. I was more "huh!" than disappointed. I guess it really is a different skill. I certainly would not say she was bad.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:11 pm

Probably first night nerves. I will have to try to remember to tape the show next week and see how they all do.

I watched ET this evening and they interviewed Priscella. Oh my goodness there are no words No That has to be one of the worst plastic surgery results I have ever seen. She looks like a freak. She was so damn pretty that I am sure she would have been a lovely "mature" women. I really feel bad for her. She seems very nice. I wonder if she feels upset about the way it turned out for her. I guess I hope she is pleased otherwise it would be hard to live with her decision.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:46 pm

I bet Priscilla has had several surgeries to look like that! affraid I think people get addicted to the improvements and get greedy. Then before you know it they look like they just came out of Madame Trousseau's wax museum.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:13 pm

Well, I saw 3/4 of the show tonight. I had to switch over to How I Met Your Mother. BTW, Brit Brit was really good on the show and looked great!! Good for her.

Anyway, I think Kristy is the best, but I also liked Marlee, Marissa, Shannon, and Mario.

If I could send one man and one woman home - I would send Penn (I just cannot warm up to that man), not his dancing or his personality. I like the "person" Monica but she is sooooo stiff out there dancing. She would have to be my female pick to go home.

I am enjoying the show/celebs more than I thought I would.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 9:04 pm

I actually attempted to vote for Steve Guttenberg tonight in an attempt to send Adam home. Steve's not a great dancer, but at least he's not a huge jerk, and he MIGHT get a little better.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 9:26 pm

Steve is a sweetie! I always did like him. I agree about Adam. I wouldn't mind seeing him leave either - but I love Julianne and I would hate to see her go the first week. But, I would think Adam won't be around long. He isn't a good dancer and I am not sure about his personality. I have never seen the man before this show. Perhaps he is funny on his radio show, but I think he got off to a bad start last week with his witch/bitch comment. There is just something rather off about him too. Also a very strange man.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 10:52 pm

Just catching the end. YAY, Kristi absolutely brought everything I was disappointed by last time with her. She was technically very good but lacking in spirit last week. Well, she sure broke through that! Funny, fiery, as well as precise.

I came in on Marlee Matlin. I just love her. For a true non dancer, non skater, non athlete) she did a great job, hearing or deaf.
Poor Monica.. I googled and saw that one, too. Girl just don't have moves.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 12:17 am

Fraz, I so agree............Kristi was amazing, Monica wasn't and Marlee was WOW.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 10:22 pm

Well, due to AI I only watched the last 30 mins. of the show. Personally I think the exact people who should have left - left. I feel bad for them, but it was the right choice for sure.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:11 pm

I really enjoyed Kristy and Priscella tonight. Poor Marissa Sad She is such a sweetie. I hope she gets to stay and improve.

Does anyone know what race/nationality Jason is? He has such gorgeous skin tone and eyes! He sure dances well for such a large man, unlike poor massive footed Penn Razz
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:35 pm

I was so relieved to see Derek there tonight after I read he wouldn't be due to a neck injury and spending time at the hospital today!

Sad about who went home tonight Crying or Very sad But happy about the person I thought was going home getting to stay!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With The Stars   Dancing With The Stars - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dancing With The Stars
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next