Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+8
mishmash
abrahammy
Badger
Sky
Luca
austin
frazzle
firecracker
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 5:30 pm

The only TV jobs he's getting are people who want him to play himself.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 6:09 pm

Green Eyez wrote:
Quote :
Yes, I guess what we initially liked about him and his personality is what people in the biz think may be marketable. So far that has'nt panned out. It worked for AI, but it is a old, tired story if you ask me. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:03 am

Luca wrote:
Green Eyez wrote:
Quote :
Yes, I guess what we initially liked about him and his personality is what people in the biz think may be marketable. So far that has'nt panned out. It worked for AI, but it is a old, tired story if you ask me. Rolling Eyes

I'd also like to see him do a role that is something other than himself from AI. I saw his acting ability onstage in JCS and other shows and he is a good actor. He did play a different role in that Austin Golden Hour pilot - the club manager that wasn't a nice guy. Would be interested to see how that came out.

BTW - the auction is back up. Anyone bidding? hee hee
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 12:01 pm

Quote :
BTW - the auction is back up. Anyone bidding? hee hee
I'm still getting that it was cancelled/withdrawn. *scratches head^
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 12:20 pm

I'm getting the withdrawn/cancelled also Luca scratch
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 2:53 pm

I think its a new link:

auction

Good luck! cherry
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 3:29 pm

Oh! Lots of bidders! Why do I keep looking at the initials trying to figure out if they are posters from GS or god forbid that other board? Razz
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:33 pm

He looks like Charles Manson in that pic!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:37 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:12 am

Manson's much shorter.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:16 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:53 pm

Why does'nt it say these items will be donated for charity in the auctions? Shocked

Who is auctioning this stuff again?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:15 pm

Good questions? confused
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:25 pm

Are the proceeds being donated? I assumed it was just Constantine needing some cash.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:29 pm

The original auction said proceeds for charity. I see it does not say that now. Don't know what is going on there.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:28 pm

Frazzle wrote:
Quote :
Are the proceeds being donated? I assumed it was just Constantine needing some cash
Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 7:11 am

Luca wrote:
Frazzle wrote:
Quote :
Are the proceeds being donated? I assumed it was just Constantine needing some cash
Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing

Razz Razz Razz

I think things got a bit mixed up with this thing somewhere along the line. Who knows?

C's myspace is saying that all proceeds will go to his favorite charities but the wording isn't on ebay. I hear they have rules that guide that kind of stuff. I don't know, I'm not an ebay user.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 6:33 pm

Charity:

ineedtobuymorepot.com
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 7:24 pm

You can listen to Ace's full CD here:

http://music.aol.com/songs/new_releases_full_cds

I really love it! It is like MJ, JT and Prince rolled into one! He really sounds great too. I think I may order it from Amazon. I am listening to it for the second time right now.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:11 pm

I listened to a few parts.................it's not my kind of music.......
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:14 am

I didn't think it would be, but I LOVE dance music and I think he has put together a great collection of radio friendly and dance club music and he sounds fantastic on all the songs. I wish him much success with it. Ace turned down a couple of major labels because he wanted to do his own writing and arranging so he hooked up with Desmond Child and they are with an indie label. I say good for him for turning down the majors and sticking with what he wanted to do. I think he should be very proud of this CD. It is quite rare for me to like so many songs on one CD. I am usually happy with my purchase if I like 5 of the songs Razz
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 6:56 pm

I didn't quite know where to put this one..........

Chris Daughtry singing with Chad Croeger and Slash! "Born on the Bayou"

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy7--eyewGY
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 7:19 pm

Thanks for bringing that. From the comments I guess people do not think Chris is good enough to sing with those guys Rolling Eyes

I am inching ever closer to getting Daughtry's CD. I LOVE his new song and that makes 5 songs I just love from the CD so I think it would be worth getting. I don't think he is anywhere near as appealing as DC, but the songs are really good.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 8:43 pm

I didn't read the comments. I guess I should! Obviously the other guys think he's good enough. I think he's good enough. No, he's not DC, but he certainly is one of the successful Idols.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:41 pm

Some news about Ace's first week on the charts with his new CD. This is from Ken Barnes' blog:

Quote :
Speaking of welcome, this week we welcome a new addition to the chart -- making his first appearance, with his self-titled debut album, is the ninth Season 5 contestant to release a post-Idol album, Ace Young. He's at No. 160 this week, selling slightly more than 4,000 copies.

4,000 - wow, that is a very low amount, especially for all the promo he got for this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 32 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next