Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Reality Show Contestants

Go down 
+8
mishmash
abrahammy
Badger
Sky
Luca
austin
frazzle
firecracker
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:56 pm

Lau, was Ace's album an indie release? It sure has taken a while to get it out. I think some of these people wait too long and the momentum they had when the show ended has cooled off, and rightly so. If you don't put anything out there for over a year or whatever... Rolling Eyes

On a more successful note...I happenned to be channel surfing and heard the tail end of that Phil Stacey guy's (From last season?) performance on Grand Ole Opry radio. He sounded great and was very well received by the announcer and crowd. I always thought he had a very good,marketable voice and a very nice way about him. Does he have an album out yet?

Last edited by Luca on Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:58 pm

Phil Stacey has an album out. It is tanking pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:15 pm

Sad about Ace's sales Sad I really liked it when I heard it. I still plan to order it from Amazon. He has gone Indie Luca. He did that because he wanted to write his own music and the major labels (supposedly several offers) didn't want that. They wanted him to record pop songs (Ace is more R&B) written by established pop writers. I applaud him being true to himself and writing what HE wanted to sing and record. I don't think he wanted to be Bo'd No He has gotten some on-line promo, but I have not seen squat about him or his CD in any form of main stream media. If I were not on-line I wouldn't have a clue Ace had a CD out.

After 40 weeks on the country charts, Josh Gracin's single is Top 10 Very Happy 40 freaking weeks is all it took! Razz
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:37 pm

Note to Michael and Jason - as you work on those Indie releases... work FAST. Now, both these guys are much more talented than Ace ever thought of being, but still...
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:44 pm

abrahammy wrote:
Note to Michael and Jason - as you work on those Indie releases... work FAST. Now, both these guys are much more talented than Ace ever thought of being, but still...

Yes, they are.............I do think Jason will not waste time in getting his cd out. He has kept himself visible and personal with his fans. He has let them know he's working on songs and that he will be putting out a cd.

I'm still waiting for the Clark Brothers cd.........I thought it was to be June, but I haven't heard anything lately............
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:43 pm

Quote :
Lau, was Ace's album an indie release?

Like FC said above, it was indie; however, it was my understanding that he had some sort of a decent distribution deal. And his indie label wasn't a small one.

Good point about striking while the iron is hot. But when you go indie, you have to produce the CD when you have the money and the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:49 pm

Quote :
Good point about striking while the iron is hot. But when you go indie, you have to produce the CD when you have the money and the opportunity.

So true! I think that is part of Elliott Yamin's success with his album. I don't know what the financial backing or arrangements were, but he was able to get an indie recording and distribution deal done within 6 months after leaving the AI tour. Those on AI start competing with the new crop six or seven months after the end of their tour.

Elton John has said that a recording artist or group has only about a 5-year window at the top or near top of their careers. I think nowdays, that window is much shorter with the internet and digital download capabilities on demand, as well as with all the reality shows and videos that continuously bring new talent to the forefront. There is a constant influx of new performers and entertainers. With the idols, most of them get at least get 6 months of fame and with the exception of Kelly C. and Carrie, even the winners, who are backed financially by major labels, have not sustained their "fame" for very long past their debut albums or have blockbuster sales of those albums. As an aside, I do think DC will join Kelly and Carrie as one of the successes.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:12 pm

I hope you are right Janice and that DC joins the ranks of Kelly and Carrie! *prays to the music gods that my Cookie is a big success*

Only 5 years?? Clay has had 5 years Crying or Very sad So I guess he is in trouble? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 10:19 pm

I'd like to hear Clay singing and performing for many more years and I hope that happens. I just don't know what lies ahead for him since his last CD hasn't done well compared to his previous ones, including the one of covers. I love it, but his music gets very little radio play on AC stations and I can't imagine that he has a mentor at his label who can help him with that.

That he doesn't write his own music will probably not help him in the long run. Michael Buble and Harry Connick, Jr. have the standards market cornered and Clay's cover album didn't exactly heat up the charts. I hope he gets a TV gig where he can showcase that quick wit of his. If he gets another role on Broadway, I'll probably try to catch it if I can.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:45 am

I would love for Clay to have a long and very successful career, but I am damn worried about him. The last CD was a complete flop Crying or Very sad , even though I think it is by far his best work. Not only does he have the trouble with radio play but I think being a late night punchline hurts his career too. He is not being taken seriously as an artist at all. I completely agree that the lack of songwriting and playing an instrument hurts him in that department too. I don't see where it should though. What is wrong with someone's talent being just an incredible voice?! Yes, he needs a vehicle that showcases his amazing wit and acting abilities. I think in the 60s he would have had a hugely successful variety show! The boy was just born a little too late. Still, I am going to try to keep the faith that he gets the right opportunity to jump start his career again! He so belongs on the stage.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:25 am

Yes, he does belong on stage. He is an incredible entertainer and singer. I'd love for him to be on tv weekly doing something.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:04 pm

Firecracker, I don't know what to say about Clay. He's got a great voice and material that just does not sell well in the current market. The whole business of being a late night punching bag really is a problem, and unfortunately, he just made a life choice that is certainly going to make it worse.

I don't understand why the idea that somebody MIGHT be a closet case was so overwhelming fascinating that it had to become the huge albatross that sunk his career, but it did.

Maybe he can still do Broadway. I don't know where else he can turn at this point. It isn't looking very good at the moment.

Jason Castro is now really the only Idol fandom I have left.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:33 pm

Where as I like David Cook and will buy his CD's........Jason Castro really is my main fandom as well. JD Fortune has just been gone from the public for way too long and I have lost interest. When his solo CD comes out, I think in Sept., I will give it a listen and see if I like it. I love Clay's voice and I hope something turns things around for him.

Right now, for me, it's all about Jason Castro!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:59 pm

I couldn't agree more about the "life choice" Abrahammy. That was the first thing that went through my mind when I found out about it. The closet case thing shouldn't have mattered at all, but man it sure took over his career and life. Poor guy. He is in such a tough position right now. He just can't seem to have the personal life AND career that he wants No That is if he still wants the career. He hasn't blogged or had a thing done on his Official Fan Club in months. It's like he has turned away from the fans.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:15 pm

I think most of the late night stuff is aimed at the fans. It's all about getting Clay's old biddie fans riled up so the writers can make fun of how clueless and/or homophobic we all are.

FWIW, I do believe that once the baby is born, he'll come out of hiding and we'll start getting more information. I know some fans think he's never ever planning on mentioning it but I believe the plan always was to keep the baby story under wraps until after the birth.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:25 pm

Quote :
think most of the late night stuff is aimed at the fans. It's all about getting Clay's old biddie fans riled up so the writers can make fun of how clueless and/or homophobic we all are.

I do agree here. There are people who have a lot worse scandals surrounding them and they're still selling millions. I mean, just look at R. Kelley. Also, if Michael Jackson (who I personally can't look at or listen to now) puts out a good album, it'll sell.

It's just not a big deal what the person does in their personal life, unless they go overboard with it. Like Tom Cruise. He's his own worse enemy there. Otherwise, they can bounce back.

Clay just needs to step back, take a look at where he wants to go, and go there.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:12 am

From Variety.com:

Quote :
'Rock of Ages' cues Off B'way run
80s musical features Journey, Bon Jovi tunes

By GORDON COX

It's taken ages, but it looks like "Rock of Ages" will finally get an Off Broadway run this fall.

"American Idol" alum Constantine Maroulis ("The Wedding Singer") will topline the 1980s-set musical that incorporates tunes by music acts of the era, including Journey, Bon Jovi, Pat Benatar, Styx, Twisted Sister and Whitesnake. Show will play New World Stages starting in September.

In "Rock," written by Chris D'Arienzo ("Barry Munday"), a Hollywood rock club threatened by developers serves as the backdrop for a romance between a wannabe guitar hero and a small-town girl. Kristin Hanggi ("Bare") directs.

"Rock" originated in a seven-week L.A. run in 2006, and also played a week in Vegas later that year.

With a production team led by Matthew Weaver, Carl Levin and Corner Store Entertainment, "Rock" has been circling Gotham for a while now. Last year, a spring 2007 run was pushed back to a fall 2007 start date that did not materialize.

Newly skedded engagement is produced in association with Scott Prisand, Janet Billig Rich, Hillary Weaver, Jeff Davis, Charles Rolecek and Barry Habib. Capitalization has previously been estimated at south of $2 million, a fairly hefty sum by Off Broadway standards.

Marketing strategy is being hammered out. VH1 Classic has partnered with the show for its L.A. run and a reading in Gotham, and producers are in discussion with the net about continuing its involvement.

Off Broadway production will be choreographed by Kelly Devine, with a design team including Beowulf Borritt (sets), Gregory Gale (costumes) and Jason Lyons (lights).
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:45 pm

If I ever have to hear him butcher a Journey tune by one of the greatest voices in rock, I'll be the one in the corner crying and sucking my thumb.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 2:08 pm

Here's another article that just came up on Broadway World

Quote :
Constantine Maroulis to Star in 'Rock of Ages'

Wednesday, August 6, 2008; Posted: 3:38 PM - by BWW News Desk

Constantine Maroulis is set to star in the musical Rock of Ages. Rock of Ages will play New World Stages beginning September 30th.

The rising nostalgia for the 1980s, its timeless music, and the classic “hair bands” whose sonic power filled the airwaves and the clubs on L.A.’s Sunset Strip have led to the creation of ROCK OF AGES, a rock musical set in Hollywood in 1986, when it was all about big chords, big dreams, and… big hair!

The show explores the pursuit of dreams: some come true, some are cut short and some change along the way. No matter what, the persistence of the human heart is what matters…so Don’t Stop Believing!

ROCK OF AGES blends the traditions of musical theatre with the joy, energy and passion of a rock concert. Tickets go on sale soon for the season’s most exciting and original theatrical experience.

I wish Constantine the very best of luck with this show. He'll do a great job with these songs, I have no doubt. I can't wait to see it.

The wording about "big hair" cracks me up. I loved big hair. I finally stopped wearing it one day but with big regrets!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 2:13 pm

Ha - I still have big hair! Laughing Just a wee bit less big Razz

Sounds like a fun show! Let us know when you are going Lau! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 3:23 pm

Constantine Maroulis: Turning really good cheese rotten and moldy. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:19 pm

Heh. I think it's perfect for him. Fangirl analysis - he'll be back on stage, where he's always been best, singing songs that probably suit him well and it will be a fun show.

Snarky analysis - a guy who pretended to be a rocker for a show that is mostly about oldies will pretend to be a rocker for a professional musical that is mostly about oldies.

Sincerely though, I am glad he's found real work again.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:53 pm

I think he will do a good job. There will be ham with that cheese though! Razz

He can sing some songs really, really good - like Bo Rap and some others I have really enjoyed. Sometimes I didn't think he sang very well - like anything Betty Laughing I bet he has fun with it!

Congrats to Bo! He and his wife and another little boy yesterday! All are doing well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Reality Show Contestants   Former Reality Show Contestants - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Reality Show Contestants
Page 33 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33