Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music, new folder

Go down 
+2
firecracker
frazzle
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:07 pm

I am naming this one differently so that if I can move the other one we will still have both.

In my car I listen to the classical radio station if I listen to anything.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:04 am

Oh Luca! I LOVED Bryan Ferry a long time ago!! I have several cassettes of him - mostly where I mixed them with my fave songs from various LPs. My first hubby was a Roxy/Ferry fanatic!! Gosh, I haven't listened to him in such a long time. I still have those cassettes too. I may have to put them in my little portable CD player and give a listen this weekend!

Two of my three CDs I just ordered have already shipped!! Elf hasn't yet. I am so excited! I love when new CDs arrive. It makes driving to my folks and on errands more fun and it definitely helps with housework!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 9:00 am

Eeek! Another Bryan Ferry fan in our midst? My first hubby, the musician was also a huge BF fan. My second one digs him too! I think BF was/is so underrated...I actually got to see Roxy Music live and it was the most mezmerizing experience. The level of musicianship of that band was unbelievable. Does anyone remember the tune BF did for the move "Legend"...Is your love strong enough? Always wanted to get the soundtrack to that movie and have never been able to find it.

Cool Dracula vid with Annie GE...that was a very hot flick! Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 9:09 am

According to Amazon there is only an LP recording of that song. Some guy is selling it used for $25 plus shipping Shocked

BUT, it looks like you can buy an MP3 download of it! I don't have an MP3 player. I live in the stone ages and only buy CDs Embarassed My oldest will only buy CDs too! Being a bit of a music snob he feels just downloading one song is an insult to the artist Rolling Eyes and always buys the full CDs of the bands he likes. My youngest is an MP3 downloading fool!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:22 am

Like I said, if the artist(s) puts out a good product and the songs are good, then you should spend the money for the CD. When they don't care and just throw a couple of good songs into a load of dung, then I will not pay $15 for a CD. I think it's outrageous that they're still charging that much. I mean, look what you get with a DVD with the extras and everything. They're at least trying to give you something for the money.

Frazz, I must say I'm shocked you only listen to classical! I would have pictured you as a 60's music lover at least!

I have like almost my entire CD collection on my 30 GB mp3 player. It's nice to carry around all your music in one little device. I love it. I don't know how I lived without it.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:22 pm

Here is another HIM : Kiss Of Dawn from their lateset cd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnQuEMieWdg

Alter Bridge:Broken Wings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWziAmy1O1o

Alter Bridge : Rise today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUpbkzEdrY&feature=related
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 8:41 pm

GE, I listen to all sorts of stuff when I am listening on purpose. In the car I tend to just like classical as background music. I am not good at driving and rocking at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 10:55 pm

Funny, I find it hard to drive unless I'm rocking. The radio goes on as soon as the key is turned.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:56 am

Thanks Aerwin for the links!

I like that HIM song. The singer is very cool. I think their music is pretty good. The Vid was a little on the dark side, and please tell me the tattoo on his back is not real Shocked Shocked That would freak me out if I was sleeping with the guy.

The lead singer of Alter Bridge is gorgeous - amazing eyes - but their music was a bit too dreary for me. I really don't need anything that feels depressing in my life right now, between my dad and the shooting at NIU and other things in life. I find music to be something that can really lift my spirits - but not that kind of music. Just not my kind of thang.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 12:23 pm

Aerwin thanks for bringing the music over to share. I am intrigued by the HIM vids. The goth vibe in the video is cool, although I am not really a metal music fan. The Kiss of Dawn tune does deviate nicely from the typical metal format with the bridge and singing, but still has that driving guitar/drum metal foundation.

I am also curious about the singer's tattoo...is it *cough, cough* real?
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:58 pm

OK, I can't believe we haven't listed here the best cheese in music. Numero uno. Nobody can compare:

ABBA - Knowing Me, Knowing You

Did you guys know that Frida (the brunette) in ABBA came out with a hit song in the 80's? It's quite catchy

Frida - I Know There's Something Going On

This? Is some AWESOME cheese!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm

I remember Frida's solo tune! It was on the charts! Boy, that video is super cheese! Is that a heart shaped bed? And that white jump suit thing she has on....Oy! Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 8:39 pm

I never heard that song No I didn't like it. Her voice is annoying. I did like some of the ABBA songs though.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 9:27 pm

That's not a voice, FC, that's a synthesizer. Listen to her voice in ABBA. It's completely different.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 10:28 am

Luca wrote:
Aerwin thanks for bringing the music over to share. I am intrigued by the HIM vids. The goth vibe in the video is cool, although I am not really a metal music fan. The Kiss of Dawn tune does deviate nicely from the typical metal format with the bridge and singing, but still has that driving guitar/drum metal foundation.

I am also curious about the singer's tattoo...is it *cough, cough* real?
oh Yeah they are real. I love metal. I guess HIM is goth rock metal. I love metal. Metal keeps me moving, especially when I exercise.

More RadioHead;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZEpfICFkfQ&feature=user

I highly recommend their new cd . Not a bad song on it.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 12:43 pm

Quote :
I highly recommend their new cd . Not a bad song on it.
I really like the driving/rock guitar and drum beat they have going in their songs. Good dance/drive music! The lead singer's voice may need to grow on me a tad more before I buy the CD though. I definitely am interested in their music and want to hear more.

This is how I usually get into new music. Initial intrigue, listen a few times, get more intrigued, then get it!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 2:54 pm

I must share one of the most wonderful things that has ever happened to me with you all...

I got tickets today to see The Police and Elvis Costello and the Attractions at the Gorge on 7/12!!!!!! Elvis Costello is my all time favorite artist... and I am crying with joy that I am going to finally get to see him live...and to top it off he is with the Attractions! I missed getting tickets last year for his concert with Alan Toussaint and I sobbed my eyes out. I had no idea it even meant that much to me! It is just one of those things I should have done years ago, but did'nt have th money or just did'nt put enough priority on doing it. At 50 now, I am all about no opportunities wasted...

I use to really like the Police...I will enjoy them too..I just got kind of sick of them over the last 10 years. The Gorge amphiteater is about an hour from my house and is one of the most beautiful venues in the fucking world too!!!!! I also nabbed some tickets to Tom Petty and Steve Winwood there in August!cheers cheers cheers cheers king farao queen jocolor

I officially designate today as Elvis Costello day...Elvis is part of my soul forever. We have been together for more than 30 years and counting! No wonder this is so emotional for me! No artist's music means more to me.
Angels want to wear my red shoes. Very early.
He was a skinny young lad and I was a skinny young lass
when this album came out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJKt-DhII_4

The Beat-Live in germany...oh the punk days!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpoPjoa_Ets

Many Rivers to Cross 1983 Holy Crap. Be prepared
to feel this in your gut.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0IAkrAmrpU

He speaks about his songwriting...1989
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HgjBucbVpM

So like Candy..by Elvis and Paul McCartney 1991
A masterpiece. He looks so John Lennon. Shocked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgyPs5bS3DM

Taking my life in your hands...with strings. 1993
From The Juliet Letters. To die for is all I can say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6EeHaKcEeA

One of the most beautiful renditions of Alison ever...
Get the tissues out. woodstock 99.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs6HbYit5-A

This Town..Paul McCartney and Roger McGuinn on guitars
Hysterical! Everybody in this town thinks you're a bastard! Twisted Evil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovOfQ3WMLs8

The Other Side of Summer-The master of songwriting
Original vid not available. 1991.Crying or Very sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TgMk60JEek

Sittin and thinkin...Elvis goes country..Charlie Rich style!
priceless I love you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPyLZDIxfM0

Never Fall in Love Again...Austin Powers mix.Cheese but amazing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK2ABpZ4F3s

What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding,
Live in Memphis 2004 cheers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ZXdvN3orA&feature=related

Ascension Day with Alan Toussaint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iTssU7Bbl8&feature=related

Hope you all enjoy...that was quite a journey. I think I need a cig...and I don't smoke!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 5:27 pm

Goodness Luca! Tell us how you really feel!

Elvis is playing with The Police here at the Hollywood Bowl. Unless you've got box seats, it's a bit of an uncomfortable place to see a concert.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 5:47 pm

Congrats Luca!! I am so happy for you!! bounce You will have the most amazing time! I have seen The Police a few times and they were awesome! I mean come on, Sting!!! When I have more time I will check out those links you brought over!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 11:52 pm

YAY for the Elvis tix!

He was also wonderful in the Roy Orbison Black and White video (I will see if I can find it).

update: so far only finding "Pretty Woman" which wasn't the one most featuring Elvis.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:48 am

frazzle wrote:
Quote :
He was also wonderful in the Roy Orbison Black and White video (I will see if I can find it).
Ooo-Ooo! I would love to see that! I had so much fun today on my search and explore mission searching through the Elvis archieves and coming up with some of this stuff. I have come back here and listenned to all the songs about 3 or 4 times already today. Embarassed

What a day...must go collapse now. affraid
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:06 pm

The longer I live, the more convinced I am that music is the universal language. And I just saw a report on the Evening News that reinforced that for me.

The NY Philharmonic Orchestra went to North Korea for a concert. It was televised across the entire country and was a huge success. Incredible that North Korea invited them over and listened to a 1 hour 40 minute concert. The news reported that people were so moved there were many tears in many eyes in the audience.

The news report concluded by saying North Korea has invited Eric Clapton to perform there. First Western artist to be asked.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:25 pm

Very cool info Lau!!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:37 am

OOOH Luca you will have a blast!!

I know my hubby scored some good tix for Radiohead May 8!!! I cannot wait!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:22 am

Lau wrote:
Quote :
The longer I live, the more convinced I am that music is the universal language. And I just saw a report on the Evening News that reinforced that for me.
So true! That is really cool about that concert in Korea and how music is openning the door for acceptance of our culture.

Aerwin, congrats on the Radio Head tickets! Is the show indoor or out? I still am in shock I am finally going to see Elvis. I realized he is only 4 years older than me! I think I started listening to his music when I was 16 so he recorded his first album at 19 or 20 and the rest is history! Amazing. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Music, new folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music, new folder   Music, new folder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music, new folder
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next