Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
Sky
Lau
frazzle
abrahammy
Badger
firecracker
Luca
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

American Idol - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:05 pm

This site has most of the coverage of David Cook's hometown visit and video of the songs he did. One was "Hero", he said he was going to do it on the show but didn't. I'm not sure I liked it, but it was with just a guitar, so maybe it would have sounded better on the show.

http://dreambabysdreams.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:24 pm

Thanks Sky! I just watched some of the vids. Very cool! He looked great!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:24 pm

Site with downloads of todays happenings with DC

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1148fcc2bad41fde84df255a01778bd2e50bd883968d93fe
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:37 pm

WHOA...........this just in...

TMZ has learned David Archuleta's dad, Jeff, has been officially banned from "American Idol."

Here's how it went down. "Idol" sources tell TMZ Jeff has been a complete pain in the ass, interfering with the entire production. He has badgered producers, the band, vocal coaches and even other contestants. The final straw came this week, when Jeff wanted to change the lyrics to David's first song, "Stand By Me." Jeff insisted on adding a verse from Sean Kingston's hit, "Beautiful Girls." Producers sent him an e-mail telling him the lyrics could not be changed. They were beyond pissed when David sang the song with Kingston's lyrics during the live show.

We're told by changing the lyrics, it created problems with the song's publisher and cost "A.I." a lot of money.

Jeff was ordered to sit with "A.I." lawyers on Wednesday, who told him he was "banned from being in the rooms where David was learning or rehearsing his songs." It's "Idol's" position, since David is 17, he does not need a guardian -- just a teacher. Jeff will be allowed to sit in the audience during the live show but he's 86'd from anything backstage.

Play videoSources say the other contestants were fed up with Jeff and didn't want him near them. Now they have their wish.

All in all, sources say Jeff is the stage dad from hell. BTW, he was banned on the set when David did "Star Search" a few years back.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:49 pm

I just read that at ONTD!

Don't know if it is true. Too bad TPTB didn't just get fed up with him enough to boot Archie Razz Just give DC the WIN!

Speaking of Archie I just saw a bunch of pix of his hometown visit and is fans really are 12 year olds! A sea of them with I Heart David painted on their faces. Damn, he is so going to win with all those little girlies and their fast texting fingers!!

I actually loved the "Hero" song.

Thanks for the download site link!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:40 pm

Quote :
Don't know if it is true. Too bad TPTB didn't just get fed up with him enough to boot Archie Razz Just give DC the WIN!

Sickeningly sweet smirk.

Phone Call. Could we speak to Mr. Castro, please? Ah, here's the thing. Due to unfortunate circumstances, Mr. Archuleta has had to be removed from the competition. We need the next contestant on the list to fill his spot. Please give us a list of songs you already know, since you are getting this information late, and be prepared to be eliminated again sing on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:14 am

abrahammy wrote:
Quote :

Sickeningly sweet smirk.

Phone Call. Could we speak to Mr. Castro, please? Ah, here's the thing. Due to unfortunate circumstances, Mr. Archuleta has had to be removed from the competition. We need the next contestant on the list to fill his spot. Please give us a list of songs you already know, since you are getting this information late, and be prepared to be eliminated again sing on Tuesday.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:26 am

If only that could happen! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 7:26 am

Turns out a lot or artists have covered TFTEISYF ! The great Alyson Monet has a fantastic version here! She really changed it up. I think DC would kill with this version!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xTAU6cyMNA&feature=related

Here is that X-Factor duo doing the song. The last minute of it had me totally in goosebumps! They are brothers with beautiful voices. They are called "Journey South"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNjSp5CyvyM&feature=related
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 9:28 am

Sexy, Sexy MAN!! The Idol for any female over the age of 12 Laughing

American Idol - Page 39 Firstpitch
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:18 am

Prediction:

As of this week, David Cook has just won American Idol. Syesha has just, against ridiculous odds, become the runner-up. Her story will be the stuff of legend - a Survivor -type final two runner-up who got where she was, against incredible odds, by the serendipitous virtue of perpetually being less awful, less offensive, less of a monkey wrench to official plans, or less dangerous to the franchise than at least one other person every single week.

I feel very badly for poor little Archie. I think, on the whole, it is far better to be Jason Castro right now that David Archuleta.

Good luck, Cook. He's the only thing left in this whole circus that doesn't make me cringe.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:34 am

HA! Abrahammy!! From your mouth to God's ears!!! I could sure live with that outcome!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:12 pm

Want to hear what I come across sometimes concerning Jason, and this is from MY sister..................I set her straight........

Jason has been awful and this past week he even acted like he was on drugs. He deserved to go.

Unfortunately, some people do judge. I told her to please don't judge someone on their appearance, attitude or speech and not to presume anything.

Thank God, she doesn't like DA!!! She's for DC, so she redeemed herself somewhat! Laughing
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:23 pm

I will be honest. I've never seen Jason do anything that made me think he was on drugs. I've seen him have errors of judgement, but I've seen people on drugs, and Jason didn't match the profile.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 4:54 pm

abrahammy wrote:
I will be honest. I've never seen Jason do anything that made me think he was on drugs. I've seen him have errors of judgement, but I've seen people on drugs, and Jason didn't match the profile.

Me either, and my Sister's remark just infuriated me. I see that remark being made all over the internet.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:13 pm

Well, did she put enough thought behind her comment to say exactly what she thought indicated he was on drugs? Did she say WHICH drug? There's quite a difference between somebody who is stoned, somebody who is drunk, and somebody who is on speed, for instance. I've seen all three, and LSD, too. The most common accusation is stoner, but Jason was not stoned onstage this week.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:45 pm

Oh, I'll have to ask her that one!!! May get me in 'hot shit' again, but hey! Laughing My sis hardly ever puts any thought behind her comments.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:49 pm

What an adorable baby!! And I love these little comments someone made!

American Idol - Page 39 Testbanner

American Idol - Page 39 Jasonc37662

Soccer camp in Russia, one of his missions........

American Idol - Page 39 2004_Russia_06

American Idol - Page 39 31453

American Idol - Page 39 Baby5
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 6:20 pm

Oh lordy that last one! If he were in my daycare he would be wrapping me around his little finger big time Razz So beautiful!

Were those really quotes from Jason? Oh, the wheels on the bus on round and round, round and round, round and round - that song is going to be going through my head all night now! Laughing

Vegas Odds:

Quote :
American Idol Betting Odds: David Cook Now The Favorite
Play Now at Slots Plus!

American Idol only has two weeks left. what started last year at auditions around the world, will end next week in California, with a new American Idol.

The gambling odds so far this year have had David Archuleta as the overwhelming favorite for the majority of the year. As the season wore on, he slowly was being caught by David Cook.

Now, with only two weeks, Cook has emerged as the new gambling favorite. Archuleta has remained steady throughout the performances, but Cook has gained momentum in the past few weeks.

Anyone wanting to place a bet on Cook to win will have to lay $155 to win $100. That makes him a big favorite. Archuleta gamblers will lay $100 to win $140, still favorite odds.

There is still another competitor in the competition, but she is not getting much respect from sports books. Syesha Mercado is still a 20-1 long shot to win, even with a couple strong weeks in a row.

Mercado will need to dazzle viewers with her performances on Tuesday night if she has any chance to make it to the finals. Cook and Archuleta will be aiming to just keep up the performances they have been giving since the season started.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 10:21 pm

I know, that last picture and those baby blues..............what an adorable child and it's still those eyes today! My youngest grandson has beautiful blue eyes and long eyelases, but he's blond.

I know that Jason did say the first quote, but I'm not sure about the second one. I vaguely remember hearing that he might have said that, too funny! So he was aware of what was going on!

I hope that DC wins, but in the back of my mind, I do wonder how DA is going to take the news that he didn't win. His Dad..........oh, boy..........poor David A. My heart really feels for him if he doesn't win. Then I stop and think does DA want it for himself or for his Dad?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:06 pm

My guess - for his dad and I think it will be really tough on him if he doesn't win. But, I also fear for him if he does and what his dad's expectations will be and will there be more pressure on him. I feel for the kid. I will honestly just be thrilled for DC to make Top 2.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:21 pm

Quote :

I know that Jason did say the first quote, but I'm not sure about the second one. I vaguely remember hearing that he might have said that, too funny! So he was aware of what was going on!

I think the bus quote is a parody comment. Jason has never blamed TPTB for anything that happened to him.

I think I've been reading too much negativity about Jason. I'm beginning to wonder if I got bamboozled by a loser who didn't deserve my support. It wouldn't be the first time.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:13 am

I do remember reading a comment from him about the bus, but like I said, I don't remember or remember where I heard/read it.

Abrahammy? Bamboozled??
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:25 am

Yes, explain Abrahammy. What have you heard? Remember, you can't believe everything you read, but I would love to know what you are hearing about him. Is he not nice? Did he not really want to win? Was he on the show as a joke? Does he pick his nose? What?

Sorry if you are feeling bummed about Jason right now. I remember that feeling well.

As you all know Jason's voice was not "all that" for me, but I really do love his voice singing "Crazy". This was a really nice performance. I suppose you Jason fans have already seen this, but just in case you missed it somehow -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd2ymoNXPC4
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 9:15 am

Nope, I haven't missed it! Thanks for bringing it here though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next