Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
Sky
Lau
frazzle
abrahammy
Badger
firecracker
Luca
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 9:19 am

You're welcome! I think that is the best I have ever heard him sing. Really good.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 2:21 pm

When he's in his element and comfortable with the song, he does really well. I just wish everyone had the chance to hear his studio recordings, because that's where he shines on the songs he didn't perform well live.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 4:30 pm

That was a very nice thing to do, Firecracker.

Eh, I'm just going through a period of mourning. It's one thing for him to get voted out - I knew THAT wasn't too far away. If he'd sung his very best every week he'd be facing the hook three days from now, no matter what. It's the whole Stupid-Lazy-Worthless-Stoner-Didn't-Even-Try theory that sometimes gets to me when I remember that I actually voted the entire two hours for this kid on ALW night because he was sick, and then again on Neil Diamond night because he was rather horribly treated. I think I was expecting him to reward me somehow with another Hallelujah, and that's not really rational. I know he's not stupid, I know he's not really lazy, and I know he's not a stoner, but the press is being awfully cruel to him at the moment and I fear for his career.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 4:58 pm

American Idol - Page 40 BighugsmileyAbrahammy, I feel the same way.........I am trying to tell everyone how great this beautiful young man is, and damn it, I will at least convince some of them. I know how you feel. I do understand now, that feeling comfortable with a song and having one week to learn it and do it the way it should be done, was just not Jason's way. I hope everyday, that he will record whether it's a label recording or an Indie recording. I am in mourning too, and I've listened to his songs and only his songs since last week................ One of my son's bought me a Foo Fighters concert DVD Very Happy and I haven't even watched it yet! I even have Clay's new cd and haven't listened to it yet............ I just never thought I would be so taken with another, as I have with Jason Castro. I have my fears too.

However, I hear he is suppose to be on Regis and Kelly, tomorrow and also on the Ellen show.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:03 pm

Here's some Jason quotes.............

Castro Quotes
11 May, 2008 Posted by: Liz Lemon
Thanks to kbkysun for compiling this list of Castroisms.

Behind Blue Eyes"I was thinking Bob Marley ... Yeah!"

Life:
Personal goals in life:
"To be a loving father, a faithful husband and a servant of all."

"At the end of the day I don't think anything is greater than being able to serve the people around you, I find the greatest joy in helping other people and serving, anything you do for yourself what good is it at the end of the day."

"My biggest fear is wasting my life."

"In the end, it will all be ok. If it's not ok, then it's not the end!"

"I am real and that's all I have to offer."

"Be something unique and undeniable."

"I think arrogant people disappoint me. Nobody has a right to think they are better than anyone else."

"The fundamentals of my faith tells be that we're all the same... You know, I'm no better, but no worse, than anybody else... I think everybody should just keep that in mind."

"My mom taught me never to make a person look wrong. I am just respectful."

"I don't expect a lot so things don't come unexpectadly nothing is really a surprise if you think everything is a surprise."

Idol:
"I couldn’t connect with the songs in the given time. I couldn’t fall in love with them -- you need time for that."

"What you see is what you get. I didn’t change at all coming here."

"It doesn't define me who I am if I make it 20th or 4th."

"And I like music and anything that has to do with music. There's just been a lot more non-music stuff than I thought ... like taking pictures and talking. I'm not good at talking."

On group songs:
"Its kind of fun being goofy."

"I’ve learned I can do a lot more than I thought. I just gained a lot of confidence and learned that I can do it."

On his improved interview skills:
"I try to think of them now more as conversations than interviews."

On regrets:"Not at all, I did everything as best as I can given the circumstances."

On the judges:"They're just people. We're all just people."

"I first thought that my life of singing experience as a downfall for me and now I believe that teaching myself to sing in the last few years has given me an authentic voice that is a perfect extension to everything I am."

Music:"I'm just excited to let music be music."

"I generally think I have a good idea of music and what I think it is. It's always a reaffirming thing, about loving the music and doing that from the heart, and I think that’s the core of music."

"I just really like putting heart and soul into it."
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 8:40 pm

Big hugs to you Abrahammy and Sky American Idol - Page 40 1

I know how you feel. I am worried about feeling that way this week iff DC doesn't make Top 2 Crying or Very sad

Those are some great quotes Sky! Thanks for bringing them.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 9:06 pm

Sky, you should listen to Clay's CD! It will help! It is his best ever! I love every song!

But, I understand. I didn't listen to any music from Sunday to Wednesday because I really was in mourning.

I am sure that Jason will be fine and will at the very least make an indie CD.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:51 am

Quote :
I fear for his career.

What career? I think where he got to AI was a bonus for this kid who had only performed in front of an audience like 5 times before Idol I've been told.

He took himself out of college to do this where he was a major not even related to music. So if anything, he can now start a career with a nice bankroll behind him after the tour.

I just don't feel the pity for Jason or any of these people. They're doing fine - better than most in the music industry can ever hope to do.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:00 am

Look at the crowd for DC! And the Ford pic is just so silly.....did anyone notice JC is slightly bowlegged.

American Idol - Page 40 41825_002_122_192lo

American Idol - Page 40 34461_001_122_580lo
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:19 am

Cool crowd pic Sky!! DC was really feeling the love that day! He really choked up a couple of times. So glad he got to have that special day!

The only one who looks even close to good in that Ford Commercial pic is Jason! The others look, er, strange Razz

I agree with Lau. I think Jason is in a good place. 4th is darn good in a season with some really excellent singers. I think he will be fine. Not superstar fine perhaps, but I think he will find his niche and be happy.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:02 am

Jason sang Over The Rainbow on the Regis/Kelly show and sang it beautifully!!! He definitely plans to pursue the music............YAY!!

American Idol - Page 40 ScreenHunter_01May121030

American Idol - Page 40 ScreenHunter_02May121033
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:47 pm

TV Guide!

American Idol - Page 40 DCTVGuide1001

So HOT! From TV Guide! Looks like such a star already!

American Idol - Page 40 DCTVGuide2001
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:58 pm

That second pic.........WOW!!!! That is hot and looks like it could be a winning photo!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:03 pm

There is a nice little write up/interview with DC inside the TV Guide (along with the other two) and DC states that he very much wants to win! That it would be completely disrespectful to the other who tried out if he didn't want to win.

That is indeed one winning pic! He is so much more articulate than Archie too.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:50 pm

There are some really good interviews and performance video of Jason Castro here from the Morning Show. One even introduces his girlfriend, Mandy.

http://mjsbigblog.com/jason-castro-on-the-morning-show-with-mike-and-juliet-meet-jasons-girlfriend-video.htm
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:06 pm

Nice vid of DC hometown celebration is here:

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=6509823&version=1&locale=EN-US

I am a bundle of nerves right now!!!! Sweet baby Jesus let DC be amazing tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------
Suite à un grand nombre de réponses, ce sujet a été automatiquement divisé. Vous pouvez retrouver la suite de ce sujet ici :
https://wizened.editboard.com/viewtopic.forum?t=90
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40