Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. my beautiful father.

Go down 
+7
austin
abrahammy
Luca
Janice
Badger
Sky
firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

R.I.P. my beautiful father. Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 6:41 pm

R.I.P. my beautiful father. Dadandboys

My Dad is happier times! Wasn't he handsome?! His name was Don. Maybe you all could say a little prayer for Don tonight.

He finally ended his difficult journey on this planet today Crying or Very sad He went peacefully at 1:00 PM this afternoon. My Mom, hubby, Eric and I were all by his side. Justin didn't quite make it there from work in time. Missed it by a few minutes. The priest came and the funeral director. There was a Hospice nurse there. Everyone was wonderful and caring. We are back home now. Mom wanted to stay at her house instead of coming home with us. I understand. I would feel the same way.

I won't be around too much the next few days, but I will stop in when I can to see how you all our doing.

Love you guys!

FC

I love you
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 6:58 pm

FC..........I am so sorry.............. What a beautiful picture you posted....what a beautiful man with his grandsons! Don't worry about us, you take care of you and I'll be saying some prayers for your family.

R.I.P. my beautiful father. Sympawalk
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:29 pm

Sending love and prayers your way, firecracker.
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:33 pm

FC, my prayers are with you and your family. May you find comfort and peace in the knowledge that in your wonderful father's journey here he was blessed with all of you and that his beautiful, loving family is a tribute to his life and a reflection of him.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:08 pm

Oh my lady, words cannot express what I want to say. But, please know that I am crying for your loss, but do feel that your beautiful Dad is in a better place where there is no pain and there is Julio Iglesius music playing all the time.

I love you I love you I love you I will be thinking of you and your family.
R.I.P. my beautiful father. Sympathy
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:17 pm

Dear Firecracker,

We have watched you and your father take a courageous journey through the shadows these past six months. I am heartbroken for your loss; I applaud your father's obvious courage and incredible resilience in fighting for survival as long as he did. Thank you so much for sharing a picture of him as he looked when he was vibrant and healthy.

We love you.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:00 pm

I'm so sorry. [firecracker]
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Thank you ladies! Big hugs to you! I love you

Austin I am thrilled to see you! Thank you so much!

All of your kind words and prayers are so appreciated.

Luca, I laughed out loud at your Julio comment! He would love that!

My Dad loved Clay. I am so sad that he didn't live to hear his new CD this Tuesday. I will have to play it really loud so he can hear it up in Heaven! Very Happy

Good night ladies. See you soon.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:51 pm

AH, sweet Firecracker.

My heart goes out to you.

And I give you many hugs.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:25 am

Firecracker, my heart goes out to you.

I know you said elsewhere he was asking to be with Jesus, so that must give you a little bit of comfort, though I know a loss like this is never easy, even though you know it's coming.

I hope all is well with you and yours.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:01 am

Thanks Frazz! Hugs back to you!

Thanks GE! Yes, I am trying to think of him in a beautiful place with his folks and his beloved brother, but I've had a hard time getting any sleep because I cannot stop reliving yesterday Crying or Very sad But I know it will get better and at least I know he is at peace. It is just so hard to realize I don't have my Dad anymore.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:25 am

FC, I am very sad to hear about your Dad. I know you will miss him greatly.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:28 am

Thanks Aerwin! I love you I already do Sad
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 7:57 am

Firecracker, I am very sorry for your loss. This must be a difficult time for you and your family. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:32 am

Thanks Lau I love you Big hugs to you!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:01 am

A nice little write-up about my Dad in the local paper obits.

Quote :
05/09/2008
Here are this week's Obituaries.
Please be patient as we update our searchable obituary archives.
From the 05/08/2008 issue:

Donald R. Glowacki

Donald R. Glowacki, 78, of Elburn, passed away Sunday, May 4, 2008, at his Elburn home after a long battle with diabetes and declining health.
He was born July 31, 1929, the son of Anthony and Rose Glowacki in Chicago.
Don grew up in Chicago and attended Limbloom High School, from which he graduated in 1947.
Don worked for a manufacturing company, as well as for General Electric for a time before he began exploring data processing while going to night school at DePaul University. Over the years that followed, he came to work for Bearing Headquarters, where he was employed for 18 years before retiring in the late 1990s.
Don met his future wife early in life. She was a girl who lived on his block. Yvonne Hunter and Donald were united in marriage on Oct. 21, 1950, at St. Theodore Catholic Church. Seven months later, Don was drafted into the U.S. Army. He proudly served his country for almost two years in Korea.
Upon his return to civilian life, Don and Yvonne continued to live in Chicago for many years until they bought a home in Dolton, Ill. Through the years, they moved and lived in the greater Chicagoland area, settling in Lombard for 18 years before moving to Elburn in 1998.
Don’s passion, second to his family, was carpentry. His hands could work a piece of rough wood into the finest furniture, which would then occupy a place of honor in his home. In earlier years, he dabbled in photography, developing his own film and coloring the black and white pictures by hand. Don was a football fanatic whose heart belonged to the Cleveland Browns. Through thick and thin, his love never wavered. His crowning moment came when he traveled to their training camp and shook the hand of the famous Jim Brown.
Since settling in Elburn, Don had been a faithful member of St. Gall Catholic Church, Elburn.
He leaves his loving wife of 57 years, Yvonne, of Elburn; one daughter, Deborah (Robert) Berdell of Sugar Grove; two grandsons, Eric and Justin Berdell, both of Sugar Grove; many nieces and nephews and a family of friends.
He joins his parents, and one brother, Anthony Glowacki, who preceded him in death.
A memorial service will be held at St. Gall Catholic Church, Elburn, in June.
A memorial has been established in Don’s name to benefit the Diabetic and Heart Associations of America. Memorials checks may be made to the Donald Glowacki Memorial and mailed in care of P.O. Box 66, Elburn, IL 60119. Tributes and memories may also be forwarded to the family at the same address or call (630) 466-0163 for information.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 10:06 am

That is a really nice article. Your Dad had quite a life. Glowacki? Polish or Czech?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:49 am

Stubborn Pollack! Razz I think that is why he hung in there so long!

He did have a very interesting life, so much more so than you can get in a obit.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Well, that's good! Myrelatives were all Polish so I guess I'll hang around for a really long time too!

Nice write-up on your dad. Just beautiful.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:31 pm

Cool GE! We both have some Polish blood! Hopefully we will both hang in there a long time!

Thanks! It is a nice write-up. I was so proud of him! Such a sweet and wonderful man! I miss him very much, and I always will Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:03 pm

((((((( Firecracker))))))))
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:16 pm

What a nice write-up of your Father's life.

It is hard losing your parent or anyone you love so deeply.

R.I.P. my beautiful father. Cyberhug
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:34 pm

Thanks Ladies! I love you

We are having some people over tomorrow to celebrate Mother's Day - just a few - and I am getting things ready. I just set the dinning room table. Rob and I sit at the heads of the table and my Dad always sat right by me on the left side. I had to pause for a few minutes as I set the table knowing he will never be sitting at our table again. It is hard to wrap your mind around. My Dad was a HUGE part of my life and there is such a feeling of emptiness in my heart right now. I know things will get better in time. The thing is I am not thinking about "my loss" but my Dad's loss. The future holidays with the grandsons he adored. Justin's graduation, some family weddings we have coming up this summer (he loved to Polka at the weddings Laughing ) going for summer evening drives and walks. All the things he loved so much. I just feel so horrible about the last year of his life and all he missed during that year and all the hope he had that things would turn around. My heart just breaks for him Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:55 am

Lovely write-up for your dad, FC.

{{{ Firecracker }}}
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:25 am

Thank you Lau! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. my beautiful father.   R.I.P. my beautiful father. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. my beautiful father.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: