Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+10
Janice
Green Eyez
Sky
Luca
muse
austin
abrahammy
southernbelle
frazzle
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:09 pm

A WAITING LIST? Are you kidding me? Holy crap. That's insane!

Well, I'm glad to hear she's doing well. Three boyfriends. What a juggling act!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:19 pm

Yep. A waiting list. They want to keep the board at about 1800. So many Clay fans wanted to join and last I heard it was about 3 years waiting once you get on the list. I guess people have to leave the board or something to get new members on!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 4:06 pm

I now get a tad red faced. Would anybody like me to post on behalf of others, since I only go over there occasionally now?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 4:20 pm

Why do you get red faced? Here or there? I think it is great that you are a CHer. They seem like pretty cool people. I never got on the list. I am happy to just read there. Nice of you to offer though!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 11:01 pm

Abrahammy, no need to be red-faced! Just be thankful you're not on some ridiculous 3-year waiting list! Congrats on making it on there in time!

Thanks for your offer of posting. Much appreciated. Keep your place in there and don't feel bad about it!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 9:09 am

News on American Idol sales this year.

Well, first of all, Blake seems to be outselling Jordin. That doesn't surprise me even a little bit. Second, this business of making it downloadable only has been a bad decision. Oh, sure, it was great for ME - I was able to make myself a nice little mixed cocktail of You Give Love a Bad Name and Have a Nice Day and Bathwater and Besame Mucho and I Got Rhythm and I did not have to have one single solitary Chris Richardson song in the whole mix. Also allowed to pass on Haley. That was nice. The bad news is that really, a lot of AI fans still want CDs, and they weren't able to buy them, so apparently Jordin's whole victory single has basically been a big flop.

I think we are going to have our third AI season where the winner was outshone in real-life success by at least one of her castmates. Blake's going to be the big winner here - if anybody is. We may have a hit-less season.

If the biggest success turns out to be a novelty song or a television appearance from my little Papaya I'm going to Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 9:23 am

Yep, I am one of those AI fans who like to have the physical CD. I do not do that download thing. I also am not surprised that Blake is outselling Jordin. It was said all along that Blake was the more marketable one. They never should have made him sing that sappy song. He might have won otherwise.

Little Papaya!! That is such a cute name for him!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 11:27 am

Well, you can have a physical CD. Just convert those lovely mp3's to WAV's and put them on a CD. Any CD burning program will do it automatically. If you have a CD player that plays mp3 CD's, even better! Just drag and drop!

With how many CD's come out these days with 2 good songs they play ad-nauseum on the radio and the rest of it being crap, I am forced to download mp3's and do it my way. CD's are more expensive than DVD's, which is insane. If you want me to buy the CD, make it less than 15 freakin dollars. Especially when I can buy the latest DVD release for $10.

That said, I'm not surprised Blake is doing better. Jordin is lovely, but I knew people would vote for her on the show, but it wouldn't translate to real success. Her sound is like a million other aspiring divas out there.

Blake's personality and style will be what sells him. At least he's not brand X.

Also, GO PAPAYA!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 6:27 pm

No GE, I mean I want the CD with the pretty pix and booklet with lyrics and note of thanks and the whole works! THAT is the kind of physical CD I like to have!

OK, here is a vid of the 24 year old hottie that won France's version of American Idol. He was called "The French Sanjaya". He really cannot sing, but he was known for being the rocker, the hottie, the best stage persona. I have to admit I couldn't take my eyes off of him. You can see the judges and people really digging him and he really cannot sing! Goes to show what can happen when you are a great performer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIC4QH-1J98
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 6:56 pm

OK, I think it's not that he can't sing, it's that he's over-stylized and affected. He's got a little of the GB thing going on, only he's actually good-looking.

Oh, and since all the comments are in French, I didn't understand them, except for this one:

ORGASMIQUE

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 7:06 pm

Yeah - he's orgasmique alright!! I loved him!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 7:24 pm

I think he was really bad..................
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 1:09 pm

Blake is now back in charge of his MySpace! He posted last night. He is workinging with writers and producers and his CD should be out between Thanksgiving and Xmas!

http://www.myspace.com/blakelewis
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 3:12 pm

Quote :
Hey, run over to the AI thread and tell me about "Bad Boy Papaya"!! Twisted Evil I'd love to hear about it - I must admit I was one who thought he was the sweet, quiet, virginal type Embarassed

Sanjaya used to have marijuana leaves decorating his myspace page. There is an early comment there where one person asks if he smokes ganga and he replies, "Why yes, yes I do."

Given his mother's history, no big surprise. There are also multiple photos of him squeezing the boobs of female friends - in one photo, there are two girls, and they claim to be the ones who gave him visible hickeys on his face. Other hints - an online journal from a girl named Martha who grieved over him breaking up with her for PAGES - probably the girl he said was too clingy in his People magazine interview. And one comment from a girl "you are really good at sex! Let's have lots and lots!"

I didn't do all this research. It showed up at IDF from people far more obsessed that I am and I just kinda read it, because I had not even been convinced he was straight. Um, yeah. Straight. And quite active. Quite certain. Kinda explains why the early rumors of a romance between Sanjaya and Jordin were revealed to be untrue.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 3:31 pm

Thanks for the scoop! Dirty boy Twisted Evil I didn't hear about him and Jordin. NOW word is that it is Blake and Jordin. TMZ claims they have been seen shopping together holding hands and being all cuddly. Who knows if that is true. I do think they would make an oddball looking couple - what with her being so much bigger than him. But if it's true, I hope they have lots of great times together!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 4:17 pm

WOWEE WOW WOW!!! It's always the quiet ones, huh? I guess we knew he had another side with that whole thing where he videotaped himself saying he was someone else. Sorta made him seem more savvy.

I didn't think it went this far. I totally knew he wasn't gay, but not THIS not gay!

As for Jordin and Blake and the difference in their size: I once had a friend who was kinda built like Jordin and was that tall. She was kinda built like J-HO (she's Puerto-Rican too). She wound up marrying a guy even smaller than Blake. Maybe 5'6" tops (she was 5'10-5'11). He was even small-framed. A very small guy. She would always want the tall men. She'd let her short friends have the short ones. Until this guy. It was love.

So if it's love, it's love.

Last edited by on Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 4:32 pm

I don't think Jordin/Blake is love. I think it's top 2 photo op. He's EIGHT years older than she is and talked about being sexually frustrated because he had no girlfriend before the show began. He's not hooking up with the Professional Virgin.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 11:31 am

Here are pix from the first AI6 concert!

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=75095190

Those are some, er, interesting outfits and dresses Shocked

OTHER AI6 rumblings:

Word is Gina got signed to BMG (hope this one is true!)

Sanjaya's ponyhawk is nominated for a Kid's choice award "Best Reality Show Moment" Razz

He is also nominated for Male Breakout Star (in honor of my good friend Abrahammy I will not use the eye rolling emoticon Wink )
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 11:40 am

Hey, at least our little Papaya is an original. He's not a total cookie cutter. It drives me crazy when one person is successful, so the next 20 people who follow that person look and sound exactly the same. Yay Papaya!

Those outfits! affraid

Why they gotta be putting the big girls in tight WHITE Marilyn Monroe dresses? WHY? There's not one outfit I liked. Not one. Looks like Hayley is still trying to distract people from the fact that she can't sing by wearing both an outrageous AND sexy costume. There's so much going on with that outfit, you're too busy concentrating on that and suddenly the song is over. It must be her strategy.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 12:05 pm

I think what bothers me is that Sanjaya got a nom and Blake didn't. Simply because I think Blake has a lot of talent. Writing, producing, playing instruments and singing. I have yet to be convinced that Sanjaya has any "real" talent. He is adorable and there is charisma and maybe some acting skills - based on some skits we have seen. I hope he proves you guys right and there is something more there.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 12:32 pm

Blake is talented, but not much of a stand-out really. That one video that he did proved to me that he has more talent than any of them. He's inventive and knows how to keep himself out there without being skeevy.

The little girls love the Papaya.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 2:56 pm

Quote :

Sanjaya's ponyhawk is nominated for a Kid's choice award "Best Reality Show Moment"

No, actually that's his hug with Crying Girl, and it's on VH1 awards. The ponyhawk is "OMG moment", and as one columnist put it, "Vote for Sanjaya, because the others do not deserve any recognition". Sanjaya did something kind of weird and funny for laughs and votes, the other nominees in that category are Paris Hilton for her jail saga, Britney Spears for shaving her head, and other rather horrible misdeeds by people who are self-destructive. Papaya was the only nominee who wasn't doing something that was actually shameful.
Quote :

He is also nominated for Male Breakout Star (in honor of my good friend Abrahammy I will not use the eye rolling emoticon Wink )

I think Blake may be too old for the category. This is geared towards teenagers. You have to be 13 - 19 just to vote.
Quote :

I think what bothers me is that Sanjaya got a nom and Blake didn't. Simply because I think Blake has a lot of talent. Writing, producing, playing instruments and singing. I have yet to be convinced that Sanjaya has any "real" talent. He is adorable and there is charisma and maybe some acting skills - based on some skits we have seen. I hope he proves you guys right and there is something more there.

I think as a pure vocalist Sanjaya's really not any worse than Blake is. Blake's strength is in his overall musicianship and arranging, and his skills there are considerable. However, maybe you would like the tour. I understand that Blake has a LOT to do - far more than Sanjaya, which is OK, considering their ranks. The bad news; they also seem to be pushing Rich really, really, really, really hard, and he has far more to sing than people like Lakisha and Melinda. There's quite an outcry. One reviewer flat out said that Chris and Blake were both given far too much to do and their vocal skills did not merit it. Over in some Melinda forums there is talk of selling their tickets and writing angry letters. It's THAT bad.

On the whole, I'm glad Clay came to Texas. I got my AI concert for the year, and it was ALL former contestants I actually like, and I don't have to sit through seven or eight numbers featuring Chris Richardson. (Yes, I think it may be that obnoxious.) I will skip this one.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 3:05 pm

Opps, we are both wrong. It's The TEEN Choice Awards. It is his ponyhawk he is nominated for AND Male Reality Variety Star.

Quote :
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:37 pm GMT Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheFutonCritic.com has the list of nominees for the TEEN CHOICE 2007 awards:
Quote:
BREAK OUT THE BEACH BLANKET, BOARDSHORTS AND BIKINIS! THE OFFICIAL START OF SUMMER IS HERE WITH THE FIRST WAVE OF "TEEN CHOICE 2007" NOMINEES

Paris Hilton, Jessica Biel, Justin Timberlake, Shia LaBeouf, Katherine Heigl, Orlando Bloom, Jessica Alba, Steve Carell, "Ugly Betty" and AMERICAN IDOL Receive Multiple Nominations

TEEN CHOICE 2007 Airs Sunday, Aug. 26, on FOX

The Idol related nominees:
Quote:
Choice Movie Actress: Drama
Angelina Jolie - A Mighty Heart
*Jennifer Hudson - Dreamgirls
Lindsay Lohan - Bobby, Georgia Rule
Meagan Good - Stomp the Yard
Scarlett Johansson - The Black Dahlia, The Prestige

Choice Movie: Hissy Fit
Cameron Diaz - The Holiday
Will Ferrell - Blades of Glory
Steve Carell - Evan Almighty
Jessica Alba - Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
*Ryan Seacrest - Knocked Up

Choice Movie: Breakout Female
Megan Fox - Transformers
Sophia Bush - John Tucker Must Die, The Hitcher
*Jennifer Hudson- Dreamgirls
Emma Roberts - Nancy Drew
Rachel Bilson - The Last Kiss

Choice TV: Movie
High School Musical 2
Jump In!
*Life is not a Fairytale: The Fantasia Barrino Story
The Initiation of Sarah
The Naked Brothers Band: The Movie

Choice TV: Reality/ Variety Show
*American Idol
America's Next Top Model
Dancing with the Stars
The Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll
The Hills

Choice TV: Personality
Nick Cannon - Wild N Out
*Ryan Seacrest - American Idol, E!
*Simon Cowell - American Idol
Tyra Banks - America's Next Top Model
Bruno Tonioli - Dancing with the Stars

Choice TV: Male Reality/Variety Star
Apolo Anton Ohno - Dancing with the Stars
Flavor Flav- Flavor of Love
Jojo, Diggy, Russy (Run's sons) - Run's House
*Sanjaya - American Idol
Three 6 Mafia - Adventures in Hollyhood

Choice TV: Female Reality/Variety Star
Jaslene Gonzalez - America's Next Top Model
*Jordin Sparks - American Idol
Lauren Conrad - The Hills
New York - I Love New York
Paris Hilton - The Simple Life

Choice Music: Female Artist
Gwen Stefani
Fergie
*Carrie Underwood
Nelly Furtado
Rihanna

Choice Music: Breakout Artist - Female
Amy Winehouse
Corinne Bailey Rae
*Katharine McPhee
Lily Allen
Vanessa Hudgens

Choice Music: Breakout Group
*Daughtry
Gym Class Heroes
Hinder
Shop Boyz
The Fray

Choice Music: Rock Track
Better Than Me - Hinder
*It's Not Over - Daughtry
Makes Me Wonder - Maroon 5
Thanks for the Memories - Fall Out Boy
What I've Done - Linkin Park

Choice Music: Payback Track
What Goes Around - Justin Timberlake
*Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood
*Never Again - Kelly Clarkson
Irreplaceable - Beyonc
U + Ur Hand - Pink

Choice OMG! Moment Paris Hilton goes to jail, gets out of jail, then goes to jail again!
Britney Spears shaves her head!
Lindsay Lohan goes to rehab, gets out of rehab, goes to rehab again!
Larry Birkhead is Dannielynn's father!
*Sanjaya Malakar sports a faux-hawk on AMERICAN IDOL!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 3:49 pm

My boy Jared is also nominated under best male actor in a drama, I think.

Any other awards show, and Apolo would win for DWTS, but since this is the Teen choice awards, I'm gonna say Sanjaya takes the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 4:35 pm

I think it could go either way, although I don't know if people who like Apolo have mobilized over this like the Fanjayas have. And boy, they have. Also.. it's a Fox awards show. That may influence something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next