Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+10
Janice
Green Eyez
Sky
Luca
muse
austin
abrahammy
southernbelle
frazzle
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

American Idol - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 3:37 pm

These are the songs that iTunes has up of the performances. They are full length songs recorded of the songs that are sung on the show. They are probably what will be put on a CD from the show.

Here are some site links for the songs.....

http://www.jonnyalisblog.com/

http://www.4shared.com/dir/2801743/27475c99/sharing.html

I think I posted some other links? I have quite a few sites where the songs are available. Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 5:19 pm

Amanda is a very smart girl. This is a great exit interview.

Quote:
Quote :

Q&A: Amanda Overmyer

The plug has been pulled on the Rock & Roll Nurse. In the first
shocker of the American Idol season, Janis Joplin soundalike Amanda
Overmyer got sent home after singing ''Back in the USSR'' during
Beatles week II. She may not be smiling, but she sure isn't crying
either. Amanda called EW to talk about why she might go back to nursing
and whether or not she'll bother watching the rest of the competition.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Amanda, how on earth did you get voted off instead of Kristy Lee Cook?

AMANDA OVERMYER: That's been the general consensus so far today. That's awesome that everybody's surprised.

Surely you must have been surprised
when Ryan said you were in the bottom three. You seem to get a lot of
cheers every time you perform.

I wasn't really surprised. I didn't have any preconceived notions about
what place I would land in. I knew I was going to be in the bottom half
of the top 12. It was just a matter of what week I was going to go.
When they called me to the bottom three, I thought that at least I gave
it a good run and I got some exposure.

Why did you think you'd be in the bottom of the top 12?

Just because of how different I am. And the demographics of the
people that like me don't necessarily correlate with American Idol fans
and viewers. I think I turned a few heads to the show that typically
wouldn't have watched but that doesn't mean they voted. As long as I
got enough hype in the underbelly of pop culture I accomplished what I
wanted to. Getting that popular vote would have required me to change a
few things.

Like singing a ballad?

Yeah, and the answer is no, I wouldn't have done it. If we got to
do four or five songs, sure, I'll throw a ballad in there. But when
you've got people like Carly and Syesha and big ballads are what they
do, I'm not even going to try to do a big ballad. Take Chris Daughtry's
song ''Home.'' Excellent song. But put it right there next to a Celine
Dion ballad and whose is going to be better?

Chris Daughtry's?

Well, that's what my opinion would be. But for the general pop culture viewing public there's a different answer.

Sometimes you had this look on your face like ''What the hell am I doing here?'' Is that what you were feeling?

I thought that every day. But I wouldn't have gotten recognized if
I had not done the show. I don't have it in me to come to L.A. and beat
the pavement to be a rock star. That's why I went to college and got a
mortgage and got a career.

Why do you think the judges were so obsessed with you smiling? What was up with Simon saying ''It's okay to smile'' to you?

That particular day I had caught the bug that everyone else had
already. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to sound like,
''Oh, woe is me. I am sick.'' Now that I'm off the show I can tell you
I just didn't feel good and wanted to get off the stage as quick as I
could.

Do you think that little spat you had
with Simon on Tuesday night when he scolded you that ''you haven't sold
any tickets yet'' hurt you?

I was just being honest with him. With Simon, the only thing with him
is he's a male and men have huge egos and pride and they gotta have the
last word but he didn't get the last word. I did. I didn't consider
that an argument. I was just being honest when I said it's fine if I'm
selling 50 tickets in a bar in Lafayette.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Would you ever go back to being a nurse?

AMANDA OVERMYER: I might have to. You never know. Number 11 is
still pretty far down there on the food chain. Hopefully I created
enough attention that somebody wants to pick me up and let me do
something with music. But chances are they won't and I might end up
right back where I started. I'll probably give it a good six months or
so and beat the pavement. If this ends up being my 15 minutes of fame I
will gracefully bow out and move on to do something different. This
will not be the unicorn I will chase for the rest of my life.

Wow. That is so refreshing to hear.
Usually when I do these interviews the contestant talks on and on about
how he or she is destined to be a star.

I hate those f---king answers. Are you kidding me?

Sad but true. So do you think you'll stay in L.A. for a while?

I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't know if it'll be a back and
forth thing. I haven't had any conversations with the lawyer or 19
[Entertainment]. I am so green at this. I don't know what to do next. I
have a lot of questions and am going to need somebody to take me by the
hand and say, ''Okay, Amanda...''

Are you going to treat yourself to a gift — maybe a new Harley — to reward yourself for coming this far?

You know, the only thing I've bought myself this whole time is the jacket I wore last night. I got it on Venice Beach for $20.

What did the Idol in-house shrink make of you?

Every time I got ripped on the show he would meet me immediately
afterwards and be like, ''Are you okay?'' I used to always joke with
him, ''I'll call you later when I'm jumping off the building. You'll
have to convince me not to jump.'' I'm so mouthy sometimes. I haven't
been emotional over this. I pretty much made his job easy.

Anyone you're most looking forward to hearing as the show progresses?

I don't know. Give me four or five more weeks. I think some of them are showing potential.

Will you be watching the rest of the season?

[Looooooong, uncomfortable pause] Hmmmmm. Yeah?

That doesn't sound very convincing.

I don't know. I wasn't, like, a fan of the show before. I'll watch
it more now because I know the people so yeah, I'll try to watch.

You sound very grounded and normal about this whole experience. Good for you.

That's the attitude I've had with all of this. I'm thankful to be
here and feel very privileged to have come this far. But I absolutely
refuse to be nostalgic about it. You know why? That's when you lose a
sense of reality. I saw it happen with a few people. It's just
ridiculous. We have the potential to be stars right now. We're not
stars. All we are now is recognizable. That's it. I've got a hell of a
lot more work in front of me before I can exhale and say, ''Alright.
I've made it.''
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:14 pm

What an unbelievably centered, sane person she is compared to most of the delusional nitwits who come on here. I really wish this girl had gotten exactly one more week. If I had any idea how sane she was, I would have voted for her to get her the money that goes with being on the tour.

I wish her well. I think, since she has good sense and real work skills, she will have a very comfortable life.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 9:12 pm

I like her attitude but man what a rock snob!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:37 am

Thanks Sky for explaining the studio recording stuff.

From Amada'a interview - "Idol in-house shrink." I guess they have a pyschologist or psychiatrist on board for the contestants. That's what it sounds like to me. I didn't know that before.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:52 am

I think it is great that they do - especially if Simon just called your performance "Hideous" in front of 27 million people - a kid might need someone to talk to after that!

There is talk that on the results night of the week of Idol Gives Back there will be voting for a "Wild Card" to make the tour. There will be 5 contestants from the Top 24 that people can vote for to bring back for the tour. I don't know if it is true, but if it is and Danny is one of the 5 (and I think he would be) I am voting!!!!

Now, for those of you who like Jason Castro this video is a MUST SEE!! I am not a fan of his voice, but he takes adorable to new heights in this little video interview! I mean DAMN he is a cutie! There is a very smart young man mixed in with the giggles and stoner!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXOxhdavogM&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:24 am

Every week I'm lovin Jason Castro more. I hope he sticks around a while.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:54 pm

Quote :
There will be 5 contestants from the Top 24 that people can vote for to bring back for the tour.

If I understand this correctly, essentially three "wild cards" from earlier in the competition will compete with David H. and Amanda for a place on the tour.

Bet the RENT, Danny will be invited. I can't be sure he'll win, but he's going to get his chance.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:25 pm

Cool! So that is going to happen? I didn't know if it was a rumor or not.

Tonight on E!News or ET, Ryan, Randy and Simon talked about the rumors about David A.'s dad and all said they never heard of any problems with his dad and that he has always been very pleasant to them. FWIW in this case I will believe them rather than some "TMZ Mole", especially since said "Mole" tried to make an issue about the re-cap vids being different from the live performances. They have always been from dress rehearsals - every season. It's been explained years ago. So the TMZ mole is not very on the ball.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:55 pm

Other sources on Jeff Archuleta:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/03/david_archuletas_father_is_tak.html?imw=Y

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272619610.shtml

If the comments about Jeff Archuleta are unfair, it's a real problem, because they are spreading. Since gossip mags DO blow scandals up, we can't call Jeff guilty out of hand, but Simon, Ryan, Paula and Randy get paid to say things that Nigel and the gang want. Remember, these are the people who informed us that the entire country was really in love with Ruben and Clay's single only sold better because people like the song better.

They are not out there to tell us the inside scoop. They are there to give us our soma and placate us into not looking at stuff too hard.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 11:44 pm

I caught the official AI line with Simon and Seacrest on TV..I noticed that they were very careful about how they worded their statements...never saying they were present at the rehearsals, so they can say how outraged and shocked they are if concrete evididence comes forth.

The reason I have such a bad reaction to David A is that he really does seem like a poor Jon Benet Ramsey kid to me. I do not hold it against him. But somebody is responsible.

The kid's voice is great! But his soul seems so hideously wounded. I think the reason I kept fining myself so horrified about his version of Imagine, now that I have considered it more...is really that the kid himself is a victim of the kinds of insanity talked about in the song, and the only way he knows to survive is to make it all pretty, which is really the opposite of what the song is about.

I have no factual idea if it is his father or some other force, but the kid is a victim of something very bad and trying to cope as well as he can, like many other child stars who wind up dead, by trying to please, and by being as heartbreakingly pretty as possible, in the face of some ugly realitities he seems to be living in.

Mind you..I a just get these visceral feelings and cannot shake them until something makes it all clear, which ain't happened yet anytime I got such a notion.

I want that kid away from AI and those parents. His voice is good enough to come back eventually after his essential being is allowed to develop.

OK, yet another rant over.

Josiah who stirred up the same outrage, I can't stand the feeling, but I think there is no hope or home for.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 7:21 am

On-line gossip sites just take one story they see and put it on every site. Abrahammy - think about Clay's "airplane incident". It started with AP reporting it pretty accurately and then within hours it was on every gossip site each one changing things a little making Clay look more like the bad guy in each version until finally both Clay and airline authorities made a statement about what really happened and how the woman was at fault. ET reported what the airline had to say - even though the gossip sites never came back and said anything about THAT. Of course not. Why would they want to make Clay look good and THEM look wrong/bad.

Here is a comment from one of your links.
Quote :
ET has usually been pretty fair and accurate in their reports, but I have personal knowledge about this situation and don't feel right about letting a family be dragged through the dirt when I know that the story may be greatly exaggerated if not completely bogus.

I worked on the show when David was on Star Search when he won the show, then when he did the Battle of Champions, David, Tiffany and Mark, the 3 winners of the first "seasons" of the show all competed together. This is supposedly where he was banned from the set and threatened Tiffany and treated everyone badly. Then the next year David and dad were part of the Season4 Winner's Circle. If this would have happened, I would have known about it and would not be here commenting right now. When Tiffany won, David and Mark were totally happy for her as were both sets of parents, they weren't able to talk to each other until after the show was over because the show kept them all in separate areas for the few days they were there so everyone could just focus on their own child. There is no way that a father of one child could have "cornered" a child because the parents were always in the area their child was at and they were always kept apart. The kids were together for school but that was about it.
Furthermore, David and his father came back the next season to be the Season 4 and CBS would have never allowed this if his dad had threatened a child. This is just not consistent in any way with what I saw while I worked on the show for 2 years. David, who is one of the nicest kids I've ever met and I don't believe for a minute that his parents would have treated him or Tiffany the way the gossip sites have stated. Shame on you ET and the other sites that have published this false report, it is pure garbage.

I believe this person is right. I do not believe that David's dad would have had easy access to this little girl to do such things to her.

I have seen many interviews now of David's friends and classmates, teachers, neighbors etc., and all they have to say is what a sweet, happy wonderful kid he is. That he really is that humble. TV Guide and other interviewers of the Top 12 have said how he smiles all the time and that all the other contestants really love him.

The thing is I do not know these people in RL. I know nothing about what is true or false about these people. So for that reason I will not assume that gossip sites are the ones who know something that friends, family, neighbors, teachers, fellow contestants etc. don't know either. This may truly be a happy kid with nice parents and I will not judge them otherwise due to gossip. I can't look at that kid's smile and know it is all fake and that he has some bad life behind the scenes. I won't judge him and his family on gossip. I have no gut feeling about him. I don't see enough of him in any other setting to attach something to his life that I know nothing about.

I stand by my opinion that if Nigel, Simon (not Cowell) and Ken saw something horribly upsetting at rehearsals for their show, that they think would hurt their show, their contestants - they would do something about it. I won't assume that Ryan, Simon, Randy, Nigel etc. are all liars and that the gossip sites are the truth tellers. I have learned that much in my Clay fandom that is for sure. Now, if Amanda O. gets on TV and says David's dad caused trouble on the set I would believe her. She was there and she pulls no punches. She seems totally honest. Gossip sites? Not so much.

I will agree about Josiah, but my opinion is based on his very obvious display of upsetting emotions and the fact that he lives out of his car. I don't base my feelings about Josiah on gossip but with what I see with my own eyes.

I will also add this. I have been a licensed Child Care Provider for 16 years. I pay very close attention to cases of accused abuse by child care providers. I have closely watched trail cases of the accused providers. I have seen many falsely accused and be acquitted. (Yes, of course there are guilty ones also) but my point is in becoming a license Child Care Provider I had to think about the risks one takes of being falsely accused of something when you get into this business. Frazz, you live in LA and you probably remember that huge case about the daycare there. That family was found innocent after that huge and ugly ordeal. So I come at this story very sensitive to the issue of gossip about someone in the position of caring for a child. I KNOW there are many who abuse children - physically and emotionally and THAT is horrible! Obviously I care deeply about children, but I also am very aware of the harm that gossip can cause when it comes to treatment of children and how families have been destroyed by gossip. Careers ruined by it. People losing their license over it - then getting it back after they were proved innocent. But who takes their child to that provider once that has happened? Gossip and rumors are not just ugly things, they are capable of destroying happiness and careers. When David A. says that he was a Jon Benet, that something horrible happened in his life, that his father was abusive in some way, then I will know for sure. Until then all I know for sure is he is a cute kid with a beautiful voice who loves to sing. Anything else would just be conjecture on my part. Hey, it could all be true and his dad is the biggest dick out there! If that is true than I think at some point it will come out through much more realible sources.

FTR, none of this post is an attempt to change anyone else's mind. Just explaining why I have very strong feelings about gossip and especially gossip toward a child caregiver. As both a parent and a Daycare Provider, I can think of nothing more personally painful then to be falsely accused of abusing a child - either physically or emotionally. It would devistate me Crying or Very sad and if David's dad is innocent of these claims then my heart breaks for him. If David loves his dad the way I love mine, then my heart breaks for him too - because surely it would hurt him.

Do I think TPTB will say certain things to hype their show? Yes. Do I think they would allow someone to hurt it? No, I really don't think they would.

FTR Abrahammy, I truly think Simon believes it was the song that sold all those CDs and not Clay. He is wrong of course in that opinion, but I really do believe he thinks that because he doesn't get Clay, he doesn't get Clay's fans and he really does think Ruben is the better singer. If you watched AI Rewind season 2 and you saw where they showed the judges picking the top 32 to go on, you would see where Simon said "I don't get this guy" to Paula and Randy. He didn't think Clay should have even gone on to top 32 at that time. So I don't think that is a lie Simon is telling about the single sales. I think he truly believes that.

Now, did anybody see Amanda on Access Hollywood? Hee - she cracks me up! Such a straight shooter! When asked about why she looked so uncomfortable when all the others were hugging her and all teary over her leaving she said they were all acting like it was the worst thing and she told them "it's only a TV show!" She has such a healthy perspective on her whole AI experience. I also love that she said how much she hated dressing in 'those costumes" for the Ford commercials. She is just so honest. I love that about her. No AI is the greatest thing ever that happened in my live puppies and rainbows stuff from her Razz If Danny doesn't get the Wild Card spot for the tour I sure hope it is her. Actually I'll be torn who I would rather see go on the tour. I would love to see her eyeballs roll right out of her head if any corny group numbers are planned for the tour!
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:33 pm

You know, maybe Mr. Archuleta is someone who expects 100% effort all the time and when he doesn't think David's giving it, he's the kind of dad who will call him on it

I believe the family in that California case were the McMartins.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 1:27 am

THe McMartin case was wildly bizarre. Everything about it was bizarre, from the uncredentialed interviewers of the kids, to the killing off of witnesses, to the medical evidence that at least some of the kids had STDs and other signs of molestation.

Something happened there, but the grown-up accusers blew the case every step of the way.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 2:24 am

Did you ever see the HBO movie about the case? It was really good.

Here are some quotes from an interview Simon and Randy did with Details Magazine:

Quote :
When asked who would win they think a guy but they both said the following:
Simon: It can all change at the end. Don’t rule out this girl Brooke [White].

Randy: Yeah. she’s very strong. Very consistent.
DR: So what are your picks, your favorites?

Simon: Top three: David Archuleta. Jason Castro. Brooke or Ramiele [Malubay].

DR: What is it about each one of them that makes them stand out?

Simon: Popularity.

Randy: Popularity and they also rule in consistency. The talent is always there.
Simon: But the best singer is the Irish girl.

Randy: Yeah, Carly [Smithson] is the best singer

Simon: But she’s not the most popular.

Caveat: Not sure when this interview was done.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 7:42 am

I am surprised to see Simon say Ramy. She has been very disappointing the last few weeks. She is an adorable girl and she does have a good voice, but she just is not showing much star quality lately or singing songs that really showcase her talent.

It is too bad Carly isn't popular because the girl sure has a beautiful voice. I guess all that press about her previous album may have hurt her.

Jason will go far on his adorable factor alone! Hopefully he will start sounding a little stronger.

Brooke - I just love her!

I think that this interview might be a bit old because I think he has mentioned David Cook in the group he thinks could win recently.

I would totally agree that David's dad could be one who wants to see his son give 100%. I think most of us parents do. I am currently in discussions with my 17 year old about his future. He is bright and very artistic but doesn't seem to want to put that all to any use. He told me the other day he wants to be a truck driver Shocked Am I thrilled? No Nothing wrong with being a truck driver, but when a kid has won a national award for years of straight A's and has had artwork used in the local papers and framed and hung on the school walls and used in the school calendar - truck driver just doesn't compute. So yeah, it's only natural to want your kid to achieve what you feel is their full potential. But, being disruptive during rehearsals would be going too far, and harassing a poor young girl in a competition - that would be criminal in book. That's a dangerous accusation.

Trust me, kids are quite capable of making up bizarre stories. I had a little girl in my daycare several years ago - extremely bright girl, got 100% on her 5th grade Iowa state exams and was written about in local papers - and she would make up stories about her family to me. Like she has a secret 14 year old sister (she told me this when she was 5) that they would go visit and nobody was allowed to know about her, and other little stories like that. But then she started telling me of her parents beating her and her sister. One day she told me that her dad would beat her and her little sister with hot frying pans Shocked I never, ever saw one mark on these girls and her folks always seemed like lovely and devoted parents. Her younger sister was like "What? Madeline says dad does what?" I had to sit the mom down and tell her all about Madeline's stories. She was shocked and saddened. The reason I told the mom was to let her know that she better have a talk with Madeline because my fear was Madeline would start telling teachers these stories and DCFS would show up at their door! People like to think a child doesn't make up stories about abuse, but they do. For whatever reason there are children that do. Very scary stuff.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 8:55 am

It's like the coach in Little League who yells at his kid in front of everyone for fooling around during practice. I agree though that the other stuff about harassing other kids - if true - is inexcusable.

You know, maybe your son has been concentrating on academics so long he just wants to do something that doesn't require "book larnin' " for a while. He could always go to college later.

The thing about Carly is that she seems really desperate about this whole thing. From what I've read, the other contestants think David Archuleta is going to win, so I don't know that she necessarily is obsessed with winning. I think she wants to finish high enough to get another recording contract.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 10:51 am

Josiah has signed a MAJOR record deal with Warner Brothers!! He already got money to buy his dad a new truck and is moving to Hollywood!! I am insanely happy about this!! Read all about it!

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/knx/telebuddy/archives/2008/03/examerican_idol.shtml

Badger, he is going to college. He graduates next year. He does want to go to college and that is cool. I am telling myself he just turned 17, has had a rough year with math, and will out grown this "I just love to drive and want a job where I can drive all the time" stage Shocked

ETA: You can watch a little interview with David's mom here. She is very pretty and seems delightful and proud!

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/knx/telebuddy/archives/2008/03/examerican_idol.shtml
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 11:07 am

So...I wonder what effect if any this "story" about David's Dad will have on AI voting. Do you think it will further boost people to vote for him out of sympathy or not vote for him because the accusations make him seem not so perfect or at least his family is perceived as not so perfect-thus, making him not what he appears to be and not worthy of winning. I always wonder about AI and what is done to sway votes. I am usually not one to buy into conspiracy theories, but so much of this show is about ratings, money, and manipulating emotions. We know sometimes the voting public can pick the "unchosen" one as in Taylor Hick's case, but then the industry shuns them anyway. That is the power of the AI machine. It is huge.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 11:58 am

- I understand Firecracker's concern that we not pillory a man for an alleged offense that has not been proven. I think she's made a valid point on that score and I will refrain from any more commentary on Jeff Archuleta unless more evidence presents itself.

- Under no circumstances whatsoever do I consider Simon, Randy or even Ryan likely to be straightforward about any troubles any contestant may be having, especially somebody who stands to make them a lot of money. They are spin doctors. They do not tell us what is really happening; they tell us what they want us to believe and they have absolutely no credibility with me whatsoever. Not one shred. Period. Any genuine problem that they wish to hide will disappear into the ozone with the reports that Ruben was taking money under the table from Flava, in violation of AI rules, during the competition. They lie. Through their teeth. All the time.

This is the case whether the tabloids have anything valid to say about Jeff or not.

As for the effect the story will have on AI voting - I doubt most people are even aware of it. Our level of obsession is unusual. Archie will continue on with no further ado, and he should.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 1:01 pm

That is my hope. That most people are not paying attention to any gossip and that David continues to do well based on his gorgeous voice and charm. He seems to be a lovely young man and I wish nothing but good things for him.

I will agree that that bunch will lie to protect certain people and things. I don't think they would protect someone who is a threat to the contestants though. At least I choose to believe that they wouldn't let that happen. I have never missed an episode of "So You Think You Can Dance" and I personally like Nigel a TON! I think he seems kind, caring and descent. I really do. I think he would protect the contestants from anyone he feels would cause them upset or harm. But of course I could be wrong and he is a fake on SYTYCD, but I think he genuinely cares for a lot of these kids.

So, I am the only one thrilled about Josiah's news? scratch
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 1:10 pm

I am pretty amused by Josiah's news. I think this is probably the best possible outcome for him; he got the record contract, without the AI restrictions placed on the top 24, and I don't think his particular brand of talent would have shown through as a finalist. He's a songwriter.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 4:39 pm

I am so glad to hear this good news about Josiah. I loved his voice, sounds like everything is working out for him. I hope it all goes well for him.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 5:43 pm

Good luck to Josiah. Now he'll be under the restrictions of whoever it is that runs Warner Brothers Records. Sad to say, but Clive Davis is the rule, not the exception when it comes to TPTB types.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 5:51 pm

I really hope he has a great time with his recording and I hope his CD does well. I look forward to hearing it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next