Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
aerwin
Lau
Sky
frazzle
Luca
abrahammy
firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

American Idol - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:05 pm

That was really nice. I was going to sign up for the newsletter, but it poses a security risk, so I opted out of it.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:19 pm

Sky, were you in myspace and you clicked a link and it said about the security risk?

If so, the myspace people, in their infinite wisdom, decided to have all links go through their channels so they can inspect it first. So, if you put a link in your profile, it automatically changes it to an "msplink" and you don't know where the heck it takes you until you click on the link and then it says it's a spy site.

FC, just so you know, I brought over my friend's comment because I thougth it was interesting, since she never really watched AI and the comment was completely unsolicited. She just felt that's how he came across. She wasn't the only person who said it. Maybe he is just way more sure of himself since he's not really a stranger to all this because he's a bit older and has been a part of the music biz, so he doesn't come off as "aw shucks!" as many of the winners do, who have just been singing to their family in their living room working their 9 - 5 jobs, and suddenly everyone knows their name and famous people want to date them.

Glad to hear he is achieving all kinds of success.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 3:56 pm

Have her watch his winning on You Tube. The being overcome with emotion. The first thing he did was say "give it up for David Arch." and stand there and applaud for Archie. Then all the tears, all the thanks. Sharing the sing out with everyone and his arm around Archie most of the time. It was such a beautiful moment. I have watched it over and over. Even on Leno - being totally exhausted and still in the same clothes for over 24 hours, he still gave lots of praise to Archie and the others. In every interview he has been totally humble. I just don't see smug at all. I see mature and extremely well spoken. Like the others said on Larry King Live, DC is very brainy. Perhaps some people confuse mature and intelligent (he is a word nerd and uses big words which I think is all kinds of hot) smug. Also, Michael Johns says he is the nicest guy in the world and his best friend since coming to L.A. Everyone says Micheal Johns is just the most wonderful guy - so I would think he likes to hang with equally good guys.

Also, tell her to watch all the "Behind the scenes of the making of the Ford Commercials" videos. He jokes around a lot with everyone. Those vids are fun to watch because you get to see a lot more of everyones' personalities than you do on the show. I was much more impressed with Syesha after watching those vids. Brooke on the other hand really comes across pretty spacey on the vids.

Have her watch the end of his song "The World I Know" from Tuesday night's performance show, when he struggled to try to hold back the tears from being overwhelmed at singing in the final 2 performance show in front of 7,000 people. When asked on Idol Extra why the tears, he replied "Who wouldn't cry when 7,000 people are cheering for you?!" I just don't think smug guys cry so easy in front of people. He cried the night his dying brother got to be there. He is so sensitive and lets it show. I love that so much in a guy.

Anyway, the fact that anybody can be up over 36 hours, doing the big two hour finale show, give over 200 interviews (where you are asked the same questions over and over) to both radio and all those local and national entertainment television shows, and print media, (one of the stations showed this long ass line of press people waiting to interview him and it was unbelievable) and even be able to make sense on Leno is beyond me! Razz When he came on the show the first thing he did was lay down on the couch Laughing I think he has handled all of this endless work and press amazingly.

It is ashame if he is being judged from just the Leno interview if people don't know what all he had been through for 36 hours. I don't think any of us could really be our very best at that point. I don't just mean your friend, I mean anyone just tuning in to Leno who is not aware of all those final 2 go through that last week of the show. Then add in the stress of your brother dying and I would think it is all overwhelming.

Don't forget - all the Idols will be on Larry King Live again tonight! Can't wait!

Last edited by firecracker on Mon May 26, 2008 4:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:06 pm

Green Eyez wrote:
Sky, were you in myspace and you clicked a link and it said about the security risk?

If so, the myspace people, in their infinite wisdom, decided to have all links go through their channels so they can inspect it first. So, if you put a link in your profile, it automatically changes it to an "msplink" and you don't know where the heck it takes you until you click on the link and then it says it's a spy site.

FC, just so you know, I brought over my friend's comment because I thougth it was interesting, since she never really watched AI and the comment was completely unsolicited. She just felt that's how he came across. She wasn't the only person who said it. Maybe he is just way more sure of himself since he's not really a stranger to all this because he's a bit older and has been a part of the music biz, so he doesn't come off as "aw shucks!" as many of the winners do, who have just been singing to their family in their living room working their 9 - 5 jobs, and suddenly everyone knows their name and famous people want to date them.

Glad to hear he is achieving all kinds of success.

I was on Cook's MySpace page and had filled out the email request form for updates and hit submit. Then a window popped up saying it was a security risk and that the info goes to a third party and would open the risk for identity theft or computer security (or something like that)! Rolling Eyes
So, I chose not to send it. The message may have come from my security program. I don't have a MySpace page.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:12 pm

I get messages like that sometimes. I always chicken out and just leave the site Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:18 pm

I'll jump in here......there is some smugness, but he should be satisfied with himself and what he's accomplished. It's not over the top conceited but just being pleased with himself. He is very humble and very appreciative and that's the difference. He can be pleased with himself but he doesn't forget how he got there. Any performer should have some degree of confidence (ego).
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:24 pm

I don't know how one could even be a performer without confidence No Or enter beauty pageants if you do not think you are beautiful. Or be a brain surgeon if you do not think you are highly skilled. He was one of 103,000 people and performed amazing each week, was never in the bottom 3 or 2 and won the whole ding dang thing! I'd be damn satisfied too! Laughing Especially with the new car and fancy motorcycle! bounce
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:37 pm

I think my friend caught the end where he won. In performers there has to be some hubris to make people think people would want to watch or listen to them.

When it first happens, it can probably be a little heady and they might not know how to deal with it completely. Eventually either their heads explode or they just realize they do a job that they love and they appreciate their fans. They roll with it.

So, David is probably just going through an adjustment period and trying to balance it all out.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 8:24 pm

Upcoming DC appearances. I do not know if Archie will be with for all of them or not.

Tuesday, 5/27 -- Live with Regis & Kelly

Tuesday, 5/27 -- Ellen

Wednesday, 5/28 -- Mike & Juliet (FOX)

Thursday, 5/29 -- TODAY SHOW (NBC) -- Part of concert series!

Thursday, 5/29 -- MTV TRL (3:30 p.m. EST)

On LKL they talked about the tour and DC will sing 5 solos, Archie 4, the others 3. There will be a few duets and group numbers. I think this cast will put on an awesome show!

Lordy, MJ is FUNNY!

DC made it a point to let everyone know that Jason does not smoke pot at all. My Cookie is such a good guy!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 9:27 pm

Being the materialistic heathen that I am...what kind of car and motorcycle did DC win? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:15 pm

I believe the car is the new Ford Hybrid - a Fusion maybe. DC gets the winners motorcycle. It is custom made, blue and the seat part is like a whole guitar. All the winners faces are painted on so DC's face will be painted on his. It is very cool! I bet DC loves it!

American Idol - Page 10 Motorcycle2

American Idol - Page 10 Motorcycle
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:10 am

Quote :
I was on Cook's MySpace page and had filled out the email request form for updates and hit submit. Then a window popped up saying it was a security risk and that the info goes to a third party and would open the risk for identity theft or computer security (or something like that)!
So, I chose not to send it. The message may have come from my security program. I don't have a MySpace page.
Meant to comment on this. If you were on myspace and clicked on a link, your anti-virus will tell you it's a spy site because they change all the links to "msplinks.com" that anyone has in their profile. My anti-virus warns me all the time and refuses to take me to any of the links. It's exasperating.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 6:17 am

Quote :

DC made it a point to let everyone know that Jason does not smoke pot at all. My Cookie is such a good guy!

Cook's beeing pretty good about going around and undoing some damage that the AI machine did to Jason. I appreciate that.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 6:35 am

abrahammy wrote:
Quote :

Cook's beeing pretty good about going around and undoing some damage that the AI machine did to Jason. I appreciate that.

And that's good, but.......when asked (and I don't remember the exact question), who he'd like to duet with, Cook said everyone except Jason........... I know Cook's music is different than what Jason does, but why would he say that? He didn't elaborate either and that bothered me.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 6:40 am

My guess is that this was an inside joke. These kids forget that we do not understand the context of their snark. Since Cook talked about being very impressed with Jason's talent on Friday, I am not going to choose to be hurt by that comment.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:21 am

Yes, it was obviously a joke. You could tell. They seem close. I think that is why DC has made it a point to stress Jason's talent and that he is clean and sober. There was a whole lot of teasing on LKL both nights. I think this group really all like each other a lot, which is so great. I think not only will they put on a great show on tour, but they will have a ball together.

Last night was the first I heard that the contestants join the actors guild and get paid for being on the show. Also, Larry asked about winning money and Archie pointed to DC and said "He does". I wonder how much. I know it is a million dollar recording contract, but I would love to know how much cash he walks away with. I know he will get the highest pay on the tour. No wonder he seems "satisfied" Razz I would be too! Did you all see the diamond bracelets they got from Paula? I say DC got a boatload of goodies!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:12 pm

I don't think I was 'hurt' by the comment......I just wish they'd let us know the reason, LOL!

Geez, today I found myself at You Tube watching videos of Cheyenne! Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:18 pm

I like Cheyenne Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I watched that show she won Embarassed Embarassed I even watched her reality show.

David Cook will have a stamp! Looks like I will need to hit the post office when that one comes out Wink

http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/05/26/carrie-underwoods-amazing-stamp/#comments

Nice write up about DC and why he got his own Smiley!

http://www.prweb.com/releases/american-idol/david-cook/prweb969944.htm

His single is getting a ton of radio play, and not only does he have 4 songs in top 10 of iTunes here, but also in Canada! No Archie in top 10 in Canada. I really think DC has been the most popular for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:48 pm

He is no doubt the most popular across the board.....American Idol - Page 10 Cooksingssmiley
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:46 pm

He is sooo cute!! What an adorable smiley! Razz The eye color is wrong, but they did good on the hair and beard! I just love that he gets to be on a stamp! What a trip for him! Bartender to stamp!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 3:36 pm

Cute little clips.......... But why is David hitting Jason? Laughing Laughing Laughing

American Idol - Page 10 Cookkneessong-1

American Idol - Page 10 Oww-2
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 3:49 pm

Ha! The chicken dance is so funny!!

I get the impression Jason and DC kid around a lot. I wonder if that is from one of the behind the scenes vids for the Ford commercials? Looks like it. Maybe the one where they all throw paint on the driveways.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:19 pm

Wow, wow, wow. I gotta tell you all what just happened.

Earlier this week I wrote this piece for Jason and passed it around a couple of the fan boards.

Jason

He entered the show as a semifinalist who had no face time in Hollywood. He got to the Final Four. That’s remarkable.

He specialized in quiet, heart-felt performances in a show that measures singing ability in the volume and length of glory notes. He got to the Final Four. That’s amazing.

He’s a genuine amateur with very little professional experience, and he went up against show business veterans who have been working at this for years. He got to the Final Four. That’s astounding.

He made his way through the ranks in a season full of staggeringly talented people, the best top 12 the show has ever seen. He got to the Final Four. That’s incredible.

He had two Moment performances on his way to the Final Four; it is the rare and special contestant who manages even one. That's unbelievable.

When he finally reached the point where he could go no further, he went out joyously, singing the song HE wanted to sing, without tears, recriminations, bitterness or regrets. That's as rare as it is admirable.

He stands in the company of these contestants who have come before him: Tamyra Grey, Joshua Gracin, LaToya London, Anthony Federov, Chris Daughtry, and Lakisha Jones. Anyone who has followed American Idol for a long time understands the caliber of talent in this very elite group of people. He belongs here. That is all that needs to be said.

If it is God’s will, may this remarkable young man continue to give us the gift of his great talent and love for music for years to come. We salute him this day for a job beautifully done, and wish him every blessing for the bright future that lies ahead of him.

Um, I just got a pm from Sooner.

They are using my piece in the ceremony for Jason in Rockwall. If you want to know where I am, I'll be passed out in the corner.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:20 pm

You are so talented............that's exactly how I feel but I cannot write as beautifully as you write.............

What an HONOR!!!

American Idol - Page 10 Bravorc9
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:22 pm

That is wonderful news!!! What you wrote was beautiful!! cheers

Will you be there for the ceremony? When is it? Who is Sooner? scratch Maybe if you go you can meet Jason!!!! bounce Tell him to tell DC that FC loves him!!! Razz

Keep us posted about this!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 10 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next