Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I was thinking Jason Castro!

Go down 
+5
Luca
Green Eyez
firecracker
Sky
abrahammy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-04-04

I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:54 pm

Quote :
I notice that pre-Idol, he had no trouble taking his shirt off,

Rofl. He had trouble keeping it ON.

Update from his mom. Jason will vlog some time this week. They are, in fact, watching him more closely and sticking the rules on him more stringently than the others. That's from Betsy. We aren't imagining it.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 3:05 pm

I found this over at Idol forums...........

Rickey from Rickey.org has been "broadcasting" the concert each night by having people at the concert call in during his live blog. After the concert he stays on, rambles a little, thanks everyone, etc. I don't know what possessed me to keep listening in, but luckily I did! Throughout the concert someone had been posting in the chatroom with the username jasonsmom. No one believed it was really Betsy, so after the show Rickey called her!

Betsy answered the phone and immediately knew it was Rickey. She thanked him for all the nice things he had posted about Jason and liked the picture Rickey had was Jason. Then Rickey talked about how he got the picture with Jason after Jason did the Fuse show The Sauce. After Betsy just said how she had tried to chat during the cellcast before, but it didn't work. Then Rickey got Betsy to try and hook him up with meet and greet passes, so he gave her some information. After they made small talk, Betsy just asked about what else he blogs. She seemed fasinated that blogging is Rickey's career!

Rickey then told Betsy to tell Jason to start his vlogs again because the fans love it. Betsy said how Jason's videos have been getting more hits than Cook and Archie's, so he had been told to stop making them and they are currently trying to figure out a way to make everyone happy. Typical TPTB behavior Then another call came in from someone who was waiting for the Idols at the buses, so he said goodbye to Betsy. After he hung up Rickey said, "that was an epic win." Rickey is so cute, he's such a spastic fangirl at heart!

Just from hearing her talk on the phone, Betsy seems like such a genuine and all around great person! It was fun just listening to her talk; I really like her voice.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 5:58 pm

I just saw Jasonnn's new VLOG. He really is a little sweetie!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 6:31 pm

That is so funny! I always hear about celebrities going to their sites and trying to talk to people, but everyone just calls them names.

Rickey is one of the few people who can make a living at this. This is one example of the internet changing people's lives in a very positive way.

Jason's mom sounds like a total sweetie. I love how she's supportive of her son without being a total stage mom or like Archuleta's dad. I can see where he gets his good values and his head doesn't grow to the size of a watermelon.

Thanks for the story Sky!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 7:12 pm

Green Eyez wrote:
That is so funny! I always hear about celebrities going to their sites and trying to talk to people, but everyone just calls them names.

Rickey is one of the few people who can make a living at this. This is one example of the internet changing people's lives in a very positive way.

Jason's mom sounds like a total sweetie. I love how she's supportive of her son without being a total stage mom or like Archuleta's dad. I can see where he gets his good values and his head doesn't grow to the size of a watermelon.

Thanks for the story Sky!

His Mom even leaves posts at a couple of fan forums too. She really seems like a real sweetie.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:06 am

From Variety........

Quote :
Castro, whose perf was greeted with wide-eyed stares and silence by the kids, has found a comfort zone in between Jack Johnson and George Michael that could become Adult Contemporary gold. Chikezie, who added an a cappella song for his parents in the audience, has latched onto midtempo R&B with just enough throwback bits and modern touches -- soulful melodies, bass-reinforced beats -- to make one believe he could be a contender.

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117937666.html?categoryid=34&cs=1
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 7:50 pm

A HQ video of Day Dream at the San Jose concert.........

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=38070880
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:02 pm

What a nice review for Jasonnn and Chickee from Variety!

Thanks for bringing that HQ vid here! He looks great and happy and does a nice job with the song.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:55 pm

A gift for you Jason fans from Tesssy at The Clack House! Can you say "eyelashes"?!

I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Castro9
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:39 pm

Thank you FC!!!

I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Lovepant
I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Holymoly
I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Smiles_48
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:49 pm

You're Welcome! It's a great pic! Such beautiful eyes and the longest lashes ever!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 6:50 pm

YAY! Purty! Look how content he is to be onstage just singing his song and not waiting for the three goblins to hack away at his soul!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:27 pm

It has made a remarkable difference, hasn't it? From some stuff I have read though, they are still trying to control him because they see how many fans he has and they don't want him upstaging anyone.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:17 am

A lot of that is rumors gone amuck. They laid some rules down on him about the tuesday vlogs. Betsy innocently said something about him getting more hits on myspace than the Davids (this is true) and some overzealous fans went into hysterics and insisted that he was being stifled because he was too popular. However, what really happened is that Jason got a few more rules about what he was allowed to film, and last week he was right back at it.

Jason HAS been mistreated by 19E, but I think when we overplay this kind of thing, which was not that egregious, we undercut the importance of the times they really did screw him. My outrage must not be watered down by simple misunderstandings.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 1:46 pm

Oh, I know the rumors were flying.......about several issues!

I have to stop and wonder though, why do they think JC would not be marketable. Especially after seeing all the fan support. Not that I want him to be signed by 19E.....NO.....there are better labels that would treat him with a little more respect. I know he'll put out a CD, and I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 7:57 pm

Cute clip of Jason blowing a kiss to a screaming fan! She goes absolutely nuts!!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=thP6jS562Xg
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:46 pm

Aw, that was adorable! Poor Jason seems a little uncomfortable singing that Rhianna song Razz I don't think those group numbers are his thing. I LOVE that song. I have that CD and I listen to that song a lot. I was so bummed to find out they are singing it on tour and I will not get to see them perform it in person Crying or Very sad Thank God for the internet, You Tube, and fans who take great videos! I love you

Sky and Abrahammy - are you guys going to a show?
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:15 pm

I will be at the Dallas show. I will take my daughter. She loves him as much as I do.

I live in Fort Worth and he's just an hour and a half up the road from me. I hope this means that he will do local gigs that I can attend on a regular basis. It would be lots of fun to get to see my Idol without having to fly across the United States.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:24 pm

Oh that is so cool that you and miniabrahammy are going together and that you both love the same artist! What a wonderful night you will have! When is your show? I bet Jason will do lots of shows that you can go see! How exciting that will be for you!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:10 pm

No, I opted out to see the show here. It was here last night, in Tacoma. As much as I would have loved to hear/see JC and DC.....I didn't want to sit through the rest of the show. FC are you going to one of the shows?
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:35 pm

I don't blame you a bit Sky. I thought briefly about asking a friend to go see an AI show in Portland this year, but the acoustics were so bad at the Rose Garden and sitting through all the lame ones you could'nt care less about and getting what seems like 5 minutes of entertainment from who you went to see just isn't worth me doing again. I can totally get why some people go though, it is fun in a lot of ways-especially for the kids.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 1:07 am

I struggled with the question a little bit. On the one hand, I really am quite angry with 19E for the way they treated Jason and I am not interested in giving them money. On the other hand, I will be part of Jason's hometown crowd.

I saw him torn absolutely to shreds in the last couple of weeks he was on Idol. The worst mistreatment of any contestant, IMO, in the show's history. I saw them take a talented kid who was capable of great beauty and beat him down until people were comparing him to Sanjaya. I got to see him get lifted back up by a crowd of 15,000 people loving him during his homecoming, and I expect to see it again in Dallas - this time, directly within the context of Idol. So I've got to be there. Somehow, I'm trying to help fix it.

The situation is helped by the fact that this really is a very good cast. You could not have dragged me to the show last year; this year, the only two people I am not looking forward to seeing are KLC and Rami. So even though Jason is only onstage for about ten minutes, I expect to enjoy myself anyway.

I have noticed that a lot of reviewers are saying things like, "The biggest surprise hit of the night is Jason Castro....". On the one hand, it's great that he's been consistently praised by reviewers. On the other hand, it means everybody was expecting him to suck. The poison of public perception is still there. They did grave damage to him.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 5:31 am

No, sadly I am not going No The tix went on sale a couple days after my Dad died and I just wasn't thinking about concerts at that time. When I felt better and thought about it - no tix left other than some really bad nosebleeds. I had thought about trying for tix a few days before the concert (as sometimes good seats show up) but Eric has his oral surgery Friday(impacted wisdom teeth) and I really need to be home to take of him and make sure everything is OK. The show here is this coming Saturday.

I also think this is an excellent cast. The best ever! I would have enjoyed all of them except KLC and maybe Syesha - she just is not my thing. The only one getting consistently bad reviews is Rami - so I may not have enjoyed her set. But DC, MJ, Carly, Brooke and Jason would be so worth the price of the tix! Archie too in a way because he does have a beautiful voice.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 5:41 am

FC, you should check at the last minute to see if you can get a ticket for the show if you really want to go. There's always stuff available last minute.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:00 am

Yes, like I said - I was going to. But then my son's surgery was scheduled for the 18th and they gave me this list of things to watch for and I do not want to leave him home alone. Fortunately there are tons of videos from shows on the net and I have seen all of DC's performances many times and some of Carly's, Jason's and MJs, plus the group number a few times. So that is cool. I could never enjoy the concert worrying about my son.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was thinking Jason Castro!   I was thinking Jason Castro! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I was thinking Jason Castro!
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next