Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Concert Recaps

Go down 
+4
frazzle
firecracker
Sky
Luca
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Concert Recaps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Recaps   Concert Recaps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:49 pm

Yep, GE..I totally relate.

The interesting thing is, that both at the Tea Party, most of the groups and performers just regarded me as another human with a specific job.

In fact I really do not remember any of the music people treating me badly for class reasons.

Decades after that when I diid some catering jobs as a waiter...HOO boy did I encounter some assholes!

I am tellin' ya, the late 60s early 70s were pretty good on those levels!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Concert Recaps   Concert Recaps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:52 pm

Frazz...interesting that Robert Plant was courteous, but treated the help as just that. Maybe that is a british thing... Question

Green Eyez wrote:
Quote :
Luca, there's nothing I like more than pictures accompanying a story. It really puts you there and makes it immediate. Thanks for sharing that with me. Makes me wish I had gone to the concert. I would figure it would be the same energy since, like you said, Sting is in great shape. I appreciate the ass shot.
So glad to hear you enjoyed it! thanks for sharing in the experience GE! I knew you would love the ass shot... Twisted Evil

Oh and I'm with you GE as far as never wanting to be one of those rich and almost famous snobs. Being normal has it's advantages for sure!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Concert Recaps   Concert Recaps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:55 pm

I would imagine the 60's/70's would be a much better time for people treating their fellow man with respect and less of a class barrier.

With the nouveau riche and the posturing that goes on now. With people being famous for having a lot of money and going to clubs and looking down on the working class...it really is a damn shame. That children want to emulate them is even scarier.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Concert Recaps   Concert Recaps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 5:35 am

Quote :
Did alison accompany Robert on the classic Led Zep tunes as well?
YES! it was a different arrangement, but they sang Black Dog, When The Levee Breaks and The Battle of Evermore. It was beautiful. The Battle of Evermore is about The Hobitt. Robert Plant loves those books.

You know a little while back there was a huge article in Rolling stone about Led Zep and I don't read the whole thing because know they did some very bad things back in the day but I prefer sticking my head in the sand. I adore Robert Plant and want it to stay that way.
Go here and you can listen to some of the Raising sand cd

http://www.amazon.com/Raising-Robert-Plant-Alison-Krauss/dp/B000UMQDHC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1216553543&sr=8-1

There is also a video of Please Read the letter.

I am a big Alison Krauss fan now . Here voice is amazing. Plus bluegrass music is more celtic in nature than country.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Concert Recaps   Concert Recaps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 9:45 am

Thanks for the link Aerwin! I will check it out pronto!

I bet they have some great musicians on their tour too! Anyone you have heard of?
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Concert Recaps   Concert Recaps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 9:55 am

Yes the famous producer /musician /one of the great guitarist of our time T. Bone Burnett plays with them. Alison Krauss's brother plays bass.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Concert Recaps   Concert Recaps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 1:20 pm

T. Bone Burnett! *Love* and also think all the musician's in Alison's Band are fab!

Man, I wish I could go to that show instead of Tom Petty now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concert Recaps   Concert Recaps - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concert Recaps
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: