Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clay News!

Go down 
+10
Sky
Green Eyez
austin
muse
frazzle
Janice
abrahammy
southernbelle
Admin
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Clay News! - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:15 pm

Thank you FC..........I did not want to miss this show. Looks like I might have to record this one.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:24 pm

You're welcome! I'll have to tape it too.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 1:15 pm

It's video for me. I will be with my parents.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:38 pm

Yay for me! I called my stepmom Saturday for another matter and in the course of our conversation she told me we'd be having Christmas dinner around 3:00 so I figured that meant I'd be catching one of the reruns of the skating show.

Anyway, this afternnon around 2:15 she calls to let me know that she's just gotten out of the shower, but that she'll be by my apartment around 2:40. Turns out I had the day wrong. So I'll be able to watch the show after all.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 7:06 am

Yay! We will all be seeing Clay sometime today! Sadly, I think the cameras will be focused more on the skaters than Clay. The nerve!! But, we will hear him and see him a bit.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 7:06 am

The skatin show was great!

Here is info on Clay and his UNICEF trip. Enlarge the pic! He looks so happy. He was meant to do this work.

Clay in Mexico
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:12 am

I caught part of the Clay show. Great to see him. Not his best vocals, but I am sure those will return.

I do love it that he really puts in the time for charitable causes.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 12:06 pm

I thought he got better as he went along but the first song was terrible.

I really wish he'd reconsider his habit of never warming up.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 12:27 pm

Quote :
I thought he got better as he went along but the first song was terrible.

I really wish he'd reconsider his habit of never warming up.

Oh, good, it wasn't just me. Let's hear it for fans who think highly enough of a guy to be disappointed when he doesn't do his best.

Clay is getting older. He can't get away with the shortcuts for much longer. Still great to see him.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:07 pm

It also wouldn't hurt him to get a trainer or a nutritionist although that testimonial he gave for the chef's service he uses did indicate that maybe he is watching his diet more. Not that I'm exactly a paragon of nutritional virture either. Razz

I think the trainer would help with stamina which he's going to need for SPAMALOT.

My dad was a professional sax player and he used to warm up by playing the theme from "My Three Sons".
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 3:36 pm

I have it taped, but haven't had time to watch it yet..............
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 5:23 pm

Badger, perhaps you have not watched any Clack from the recent Xmas tour. He is way slimmer than he was when he taped that skating special early November. I heard he was dealing with some illness at the time he taped the skating special - step throat or something. He had some rough nights toward the end of the tour also. He most certainly should be warming up though.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 6:45 pm

Actually, firecracker. I'm thinking more in terms of stamina than losing weight or getting muscular.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 7:03 pm

Ah yes. That would be good.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:11 am

Oh, his weight's much better. I just think some conditioning would probably strengthen his diaphragm.

However, lest it sound like I am knocking on Clay, I'm just mothering him. I was so pleased to see him singing on a major special on Christmas day. I really hope that this kind of gig keeps him as a solid second level celebrity forever.

The four people that AI actually made stars - four K sounds:

Kelly
Clay
Carrie
Chris
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:42 am

Oh my! You are right! I wonder what it is with the K sounds? scratch But than "Con" is a K sound too. Maybe his day will come!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:20 pm

Ooops, posted in the wrong thread............. Embarassed

Last edited by on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 2:39 pm

Very pretty song (and very pretty lead singer too!)

You might want to put this in the "Former Reality Star" thread so more people see it than just us Clay fans.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 5:15 pm

Clay has spent the holidays in Mexico on a UNICEF trip of the states that were ravaged by floods. He asked his fans for donations to help the children of Mexico and set a goal of $100,000 over the holidays. Today Clay fans not only reached, but surpassed that goal. Last I checked the amount was $103,000.00! This amount at this time of year is really remarkable! Go Clay Nation!!

ETA: Up to $106,000.00 now!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:46 pm

OMG! This poor woman must have needed money for Spamalot tix or something!! affraid

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=5866751

http://artquest.smugmug.com/photos/239319588-L.jpg

lol! Crazy Claymate!! geek

Hey, Clay blogged at the OFC today! Cute little blog about his first day or two of Spamalot rehearsals. I don't think they are letting him sleep until 2:00 in the afternoon!
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:00 pm

Great, another chance for the media to stereotype us all as crazy middle aged ladies. Sorry but this exactly what Clay does not need.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:32 pm

Oh, I think he can handle it. I have seen plenty of people arrested wearing rockband shirts and it hasn't hurt their careers. Yes, it is sad the poor woman has problems. I am more worried for her and her loved ones. Clay will be fine. The media has been making fun of us since day one. They find something to say about us in most every concert review. Maybe a convict will make us cooler Rolling Eyes I'm not going to worry about this. Stuff happens. I just hope she didn't send any of the stolen money to his causes.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 7:40 pm

Clay in Spamalot ad!! He looks so pretty!

http://www.montypythonsspamalot.com/yahoo/broadway/
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:55 pm

I wonder how the dancing's coming along. I can sympathize since the good Lord did not bless me with a dancing gene either.

Also, I'm guessing he'll be doing a version of the songs that doesn't include any cuss words. I think that's what he meant when he said not to expect him to do the part the way everyone else has. I could be wrong, of course.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:03 pm

I would give anything to see him do that Russian dance Laughing Can you just see those big ole feet and long legs doing that dance Razz Priceless! He doesn't seem to have confidence in his dancing ability so this should be interesting.

I never thought of that - about the cussing. I kinda hoped he would say the cuss words just because so many think he is such a goody goody (well, he probably is), but I thought the cussing might give him a little "cred" in the business, plus there seem to be a lot of ladies at The Clack House dying for him to cuss.

I just hope he does really well and has a blast!! AND that the critics go in with an open mind and give the kid a fair shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clay News!
Page 19 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next