Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clay News!

Go down 
+10
Sky
Green Eyez
austin
muse
frazzle
Janice
abrahammy
southernbelle
Admin
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Clay News! - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:15 pm

See, that's the problem. We don't know what the real story is. That's what TMZ did - they took away his right to tell his own story. Could this be a case of a gay man impregnating a female friend via artificial insemination because he wants to have a child? Absolutely. But there are a lot of other scenarios too that are equally plausible.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:42 am

I agree, but as long as Clay and Jaymes stay silent on the matter, the gay issue is the one the media (and many people) are running with. Maybe he isn't saying otherwise because that is the truth, maybe because he is stubborn about not discussing personal matters, maybe because Jaymes doesn't want him to. We just don't know. The only thing we know for sure is how disgusting tabloid journalism is. I HATE that they have ruined what should be a happy time for Clay and Jaymes and that they have leaked the sex of the baby - something so many couples like to keep a secret until the baby is born. It all just stinks!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:46 pm

PEOPLE

Pals: Clay Aiken Will Be a 'Good Parent'

By Mike Fleeman

Quote :
Originally posted Tuesday June 03, 2008 03:40 PM EDT

Clay Aiken's friends are sending him support and good wishes after hearing news that he's going to be a father with music producer Jaymes Foster.

"Congratulations, Clay!" says American Idol alum Jennifer Hudson. "I think he will be a good parent."

Actor Eric Roberts and wife Eliza says their close friend Foster – the sister of music producer David Foster – pulled them aside at her 50th birthday party in Los Angeles in March to tell of her pregnancy with a friend, whom they later learned was the 29-year-old Aiken.

"This is a story of two people, who perhaps not typical as parents – whatever typical is – or at a stage of life typical for parent, want to have a child to love and to experience parenthood," Roberts says. "These people have the best foundation of all to share such an important task, which is a strong, abiding friendship."

Foster, who has been friends with Aiken since they worked together on Idol, was artificially inseminated, and is due in August, a rep for her Foster's brother tells PEOPLE.

Eliza Roberts stresses: "People should understand: It's not like he's the donor and she's the surrogate. These are two people who made a very loving decision to have a baby together."

Talked on Bus

Former Idol contestant Carmen Rasmusen, who toured with Aiken after the second season, says, "I've always thought Clay would make a great dad. He's great with kids. ... He's accomplished a lot in his career, so it's probably a good time for him to be a dad."

While on the tour bus, Aiken would talk about wanting to become a father, Rasmusen says.

"I remember him saying, 'I can't wait to be a dad and have a family and have my own kids,'" recalls she. "He really was looking forward to being a father, even five years ago. I thought it was so cute that that was a priority for him."
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:16 pm

In fact...I think that a kid has the very best chance of being brought up well by a pair of friends.

No marital baggage. No deep rooted playing one against the other. (Not to say fiends can't go nuts, too, just that it is more likely that the kids will be pawns from parents who got together due to romance, rather than friendship).

I think it is a great thing!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:27 pm

I wish I could share your feelings Frazz. I mean I am sure it can be a great thing, but right now Clay is taking such a beating. There are people saying he is as weird as Michael Jackson Crying or Very sad It's ugly. He is losing fans and his new CD fell off the chart. I'm afraid this will really hurt his career. Sad but true. Everyone I talk to in my RL just finds it so odd that he is having a baby with a 50 year old who he is not even in love with.

I do think the baby will be well loved and taken care of. So that part is all good. But, I cannot say that I think the kid won't take a lot of cheap shots from kids at school about his parentage. Something I would have thought Clay would be pretty sensitive too considering his own troubled childhood.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 6:06 am

Clay Aiken's foundation gives $10,000 to Bend Park District

Quote :
The Bubel/Aiken Foundation, co-founded by entertainer Clay Aiken, announced over $500,000 in grants to support over 30 programs nationwide as part of the Foundation's Let's ALL Play program. Bend Metro Park and Recreation District was one of the recipients of $10,000 toward enhancing its inclusive programs
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 6:59 am

I think the baby will be cute. And in the end it is his business. I just think he will take a hot for this. I saw him on RR show a few weeks back and hept saying he was getting old? ! He ain't even. But do you think h really thinks that? Also is this the Jamie he always talks about?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:28 am

He has made many comments about getting old for the last year. I guess turning 30 is weighing on him. It did me too to be honest. I took 30 worse than 40!

Well, "Jaymes" (the woman having his baby) he talks about her because she is the Executive Producers of his last two CDs. Three if you count his Xmas EP. "Jamie" is his cousin and hair stylist (sometimes I think she should be shot for the hair, but that's a whole other story Razz ) So there is a "Jaymes" and a "Jamie". Confused?

Oh yes, he is taking hits. I get Clay Aiken Google Alerts and I am just loving some of the comments the writers are making like "bizzaro" "weird" "creepy" "the new Michael Jackson" No It's so awful. This about the man who wanted to be a good role model for kids Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 6:56 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Quote :
Clay Aiken wants even more kids
ClayAiken0611.jpg
It was shocking news that Clay Aiken was having one baby, but In Touch can reveal he wants another! The singer, 29, is expecting a child with his best friend, 50-year-old music producer Jaymes Foster, and they’re already planning to do it again. Clay and Jaymes used advanced IVF therapy to conceive, and the insider reports that they’ve already frozen eggs and sperm so they can have a second baby next year. “Jaymes is due in August, so she’d like to conceive again next March,” the insider says. “That way, she would give birth in December 2009.” The insider adds that Clay and Jaymes were hoping for twins so that they wouldn’t have to go through the intense procedure for a second time. “Clay and Jaymes are committed to having at least two children,” the insider says. “They’re both incredibly successful and wealthy, so money is certainly no object. And he just adores children. He is going to make a wonderful and caring father. There’s no doubt about that.” Clay is passionate about helping kids with developmental disabilities. “I think all of us have a higher purpose for what we are doing,” he says. “I’m just doing what I had always planned on doing — teaching and helping children.”
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 7:14 pm

OK, well, clearly this is what he believes will make him happy - fatherhood with a partner whom he is not married to. Not a sperm donor. He's going to be involved deeply.

I think this means we can expect that he will probably never marry.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 7:24 pm

Yep. EXACTLY what I thought. All the talk about wanting to get married and have a family - clearly out the window. I should not say this, but this pretty much seals the gay deal for me. Sorry, but it does. There is no way a young man who wants to marry or at least have an intimate and loving relationship with a woman is going to have TWO kids with some "friend" old enough to be his mom.

I should be happy for him, but I just find it all - strange. This is so not what Clay always talked about wanting or being. I don't have a clue who he really is No Well, except I guess a gay man. A gay man who wants to be a father.

MSN says Clay is "A Dreamy Dad"

http://movies.msn.com/movies/galleryfeature/celebrity-dads/?photoidx=32

Randy has some really nice thinks to say about Clay!

http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/06/62552/index.html
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 7:59 pm

It makes me feel RELIEVED, actually.

His gayness has been inarguably there for me, always.

The pressure on him to have to come out in any direction is what always made me sick. SO many Claymate-type_fans want to dream of him as straight, so why not let them?

I agree with him that there is no reason to declare himself regarding sexual preference.

It makes perfect sense, given his personality, that he wants to be a hands-on dad, but doesn't particularly want to be in a romantic relationship with ANYBODY. So why not have the kids with a pal he enjoys and trusts.

(It also makes sense to me that he has wild nasty sex with men on the side).

It just makes sense to me. It is a way for him to be both gay on the sexual end of things, and the great nurturing/teaching guy he is on the family thing. Nobody (who is intimately involved) is being lied to or having wrong expectations set up.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:41 pm

Well, sadly as such a strong Clay fan I cannot feel relieved as you do. This is hurting his career. Yes, if he is happy in his personal life that is wonderful, but he is being made fun of all the more. The gossip type sites are saying horrible things about him and saying he will be like Micheal Jackson when he gets older. NO, I do not agree with them on that one, but I hate that this talented man has been reduced to being a punching bag for late not comics and gossip sites. His star used to shine so bright too. I also worry how this will effect some of his charities as he continues to lose fans.

So as a fan who would love for him to be around many years and make many more wonderful CDs, I am worried. His newest CD has totally tanked. Just how long will RCA hang on to him? Of course as the father of David Foster's nephews/nieces I guess DF could sing him. Let the nepotism comments begin!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:07 pm

If the reality is that he is gay, and as private as he seems to be, and as uninterested in having a gay male life-mate as he so far seems to be is TRUE, I think he has come to a wonderful place with the woman and the kids.

Maybe the Claymates will abandon him.

He can go back to a private life career like teaching special-needs kids.

THat is part of what I so admire about him. He has the glorious voice (which he won't lose) and he can still use that whether he is selling records or not. He is not somebody who needs the throngs of fans to keep his soul alive.

I do believe he needs to raise some kids to keep his soul alive, and if he had married some young woman for that purpose, his soul would have died, there (plus, think about HER soul!). too.

He is not like Michael Jackson. So that slam won't stick in the long run.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:18 pm

The problem I foresee in going back to teaching is that many parents are uncomfortable with gay teachers. Again, sad but true. Look at that one church that wouldn't let him come and perform after the last tabloid mess. I worry about him not being able to work with kids like before when he was seen as a very clean-cut, good country boy. I know they used to not let gay men work with the boy scouts. I wonder if that is still the case? I should check into that.

Yes, he will always have that beautiful voice - I just want many people all over the world to be able to hear it!

But I guess he has thought this all through and made his decision about what is best for him. I just want it all to work out for him. He seems to be such a good guy and I wish for him to be able to still work with all his charities and not have to take so much crap.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:28 pm

I want him to have the most fulfilling life he can have, too. He really is a delightful and generous guy.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:21 pm

Clay Aiken is set for life. He probably does not ever need to work again. Maybe that's why he decided that, now that he's made his fortune, he can try to build himself a life that will make him happy.

I do think it's (sadly) safe to say that his career as a pop star is kaput. He's got a voice for the ages and material for an elevator; I hated to tell you this, Firecracker, but I have yet to listen to his entire album successfully. Love him, hate the songs.

Simon... was... right. Except that Ruben didn't have any more long-term commercial viability than Clay did, and far less short-term viability. So in the short term, we were right.

However, what it really means is that Idol does not produce real stars. We are beginning to see the end of the careers for the first batches of Idols. It really is a star-making machine that does not produce people who will make it for long. Kelly is on the wane as well. We shall see how long Carrie and Daughtry can hold on to the brass ring.

At the very least, I think Clay has figured out that Broadway WILL embrace him, and he turned out to be pretty good at it. So I am sure he will figure out how to make that voice of his sing out forever. And he will always be a great humanitarian.

Crap, I feel like I'm writing the eulogy of somebody I've loved a long time.
Quote :

I do believe he needs to raise some kids to keep his soul alive, and if he had married some young woman for that purpose, his soul would have died, there (plus, think about HER soul!). too.

Irony alert: There are those who will question the morality of what he's chosen to do, but you are right - in not bamboozling an innocent girl into marrying him so that he can have the children he wants, he has indeed shown great ethics on a deeper level. That, by itself, separates him from Michael Jackson.

He can also keep working for Unicef. He's not just an ordinary gay guy. He's Clay Aiken, the great humanitarian. He will not lose his chances to do good in the world.

But yeah. I think his career as a pop icon is done.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:18 am

Oh, I am sad Abrahammy that you do not enjoy the new CD. I think it is his best work by far. The songs are not that deep, but his voice is so amazing on these songs - all of them. Would I buy this CD if he were not the one singing? Probably not. It is his voice that sell them for me. "Lover All Alone" is still really a thing of beauty for me.

Yes, I couldn't agree more that his "Pop Star" days are long over. I guess he is Broadway bound. Seems to be the place where a lot of gay entertainers can be truly excepted.

I kind of think this is Clay's way of coming out. He doesn't have to say it. These actions prove it. Yes, I am one of those people struggling a bit with the morality of this issue. I do not think it is the ideal situation for a child to be brought into this world, but than a lot of children do not come into this world under ideal situations. I just think his children will be born with a lot of baggage and will not have it all that easy in school and such. Perhaps Clay will home school them. Sadly kids can be cruel if you are at all different. Maybe they should be raised in L.A. I think the "out of the norm" families have an easier go of it there than Raleigh.

I do hate to type the words "Simon was right" Evil or Very Mad I really, really thought Clay was going to be a huge star.

I'm not writing off Kelly just yet. I think her country CD she is working on will do really well. I think Carrie is here to stay - like forever! She has it all. Amazing voice and just gorgeous girl! She also has GREAT country songs on her CDs - whether she picks them or someone else - they are smart cookies in that regard. I predict a very long and successful career for Carrie. Daughtry? Not so sure. We will have to see how the sophomore CD does.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:20 am

I feel badly for you gals that have been long time Clay fans. It sounds to me like this is a difficult thing to accept. The thought of Clay moving onto to something else is tough, no doubt. But I wouldn't count him out so quickly. Life has a funny way of presenting new opportunities when you least expect them.

My own guess is that Clay might fade out for awhile and enjoy some personal freedom that he appears to want to have. And has wanted to have for awhile. I totally agree with what Abrahammy said about his being set for life. His success and all the contracts he got from finishing 2nd in that milestone year helped cement his future.

Quote :
However, what it really means is that Idol does not produce real stars. We are beginning to see the end of the careers for the first batches of Idols.

I found Abrahammy's quote above very interesting. I hadn't really thought about it before. Perhaps one reason Idol isn't producing real stars is that the people who have been in the #1 and #2 spots usually have have humble backgrounds. Many of them never really dreamed of achieving the success they have. Excepts to that rule might be people like Kelly Clarkson, who so obviously wanted a musical career and Taylor Hicks, who also had been on the road for years - written his own materials, etc.

But if memory serves me correctly, Clay didn't aspire to the level of success he has achieved. He got it and I don't think it made him very happy. I hope he has real joy with his new family on the way.

It will be interesting to watch what happens with the current batch of Idols as they hit the road on the tour. It's a grueling life and its not meant for everyone.

ETA:
Quote :
I do hate to type the words "Simon was right" Evil or Very Mad I really, really thought Clay was going to be a huge star.

I thought he was.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:42 am

No, not huge in my book. I mean like Carrie Underwood huge. Respect from critics, lots of industry awards, playing to arena size crowds, all CDs going multi-platinum, and touring internationally. That is what I consider huge. That is the kind of success I really thought he was headed for. I also sure as heck never thought he would be such tabloid fodder.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:44 am

He was a star. For about two years, he was. AI is about coming up with people who are huge for two years, and he's still one of the top five or six people ever to appear on the show, behind only Kelly, Carrie, Daughtry, and Jennifer Hudson.

He could also fade into the background and come back in five years. I can see it now: After five years in the background... raising his family... the triumphant return of... CLAY AIKEN! With his new album written and co-produced by something-like-brother-in-law David Foster, and his new Finally Free... to Be Me tour! Will be singing a mixture of new songs, old classics, and a few camp gay iconic songs just to be funny, and will also be autographing copies of his follow-up to the smash hit autobiography Learning to Sing.

Finally Free to Be Me... the album! The tour! The tell-all biography! The Clay Aiken experience!

Because AI has been off the air for two years and you know you miss it.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:11 am

And this is why I will love Clay Aiken forever, even if the music sucks Razz

Quote :
This from the Post Tribune in Indiana:

Let's ALL Play Hobart camp

Through the generosity of popular entertainer Clay Aiken, 20 Hobart children, ages 3 to 5, will enjoy a fun-filled day camp through the Let's ALL Play initiative.

This "inclusive recreational model" has camps set up nationwide each year to serve children with special needs. This year, there will be 20 camps, including Hobart.

For the second year, 10 children with disabilities will join 10 children without at the Hobart YMCA for swimming, arts and crafts, story time and to learn that they are not that different.

The Center for Possibilities (Cerebral Palsy Center) and Hobart YMCA took advantage of a grant set up by the Bubel/Aiken Foundation to make this possible.

In a recent booklet, the Hobart camp was said to be a "model worth copying."

Abrahammy, I would love to see the "Free to be Me" book/tour thing happen!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:56 pm

If Clay winds up making his biggest mark through his work helping to create models for learning that WORK for disadvantaged kids, I am all for it.

In my book he really did make it to star level for a few years.

Arenas...do people who are not ROCK stars fill arenas? Does Carrie? I am actually asking.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 6:42 pm

Well, by arenas I mean like Allstate Arena that holds 12,000-15,000. That is usually where the Idol tour is. Yes, many country acts fill those size venues and larger. Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, etc. all fill those size arenas. A couple years ago The Dixie Chicks filled the Allstate Arena two nights in a row. Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Beyonce all sell out that arena also. When Clay and Kelly toured together they filled it also. The last few times Kelly or Clay played Chicago they played at The Chicago Theater which holds between 3,000 - 4,000.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:58 am

Question: has Carrie ever done an arena sized show on her own? I think she has always done them with other names and she has been opener. Names like Keith Urban (recent) and Rascal Flatts come to mind.

In fact, I don't think I've heard of her doing solo shows or ones where someone opens for her yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clay News!
Page 33 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next