Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inner and Outer Selves

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Inner and Outer Selves Empty
PostSubject: Inner and Outer Selves   Inner and Outer Selves Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:40 am

The topic has been mentioned in a few other threads.

I find it genuinely facinating, the split between who woukld look like that would embody the spirit within, versus who we actually look like on the outside.

My insides look like and my outsides ought to look like and older version of my current avatar.

I did not look like me when I was young, or even in my early 30s. And I do not look my innards now.

But my outside DID look like my innards from about age 45-49, as reflected in the avatar.

The MOVIE shows what my outers look like now.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Inner and Outer Selves   Inner and Outer Selves Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:43 am

It is making me laugh, mostly that nobody is watching the movie.

I absolve you all.

And I laugh at myself for having no clue how to get responses.

See, that was yet another of FC's brilliant aspects.

She, for the most part, knew how to get people to respond.

I wanna learn that.

I only know how to just get louder.

Teach me better ways.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Inner and Outer Selves   Inner and Outer Selves Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:48 am

frazzle wrote:
It is making me laugh, mostly that nobody is watching the movie.

I absolve you all.

And I laugh at myself for having no clue how to get responses.

See, that was yet another of FC's brilliant aspects.

She, for the most part, knew how to get people to respond.

I wanna learn that.

I only know how to just get louder.

Teach me better ways.

I heard you Laughing , I just had to go find it...........and I thought you were great in the movie, and it's very funny! It's late, I'm running on empty here! Laughing I'll watch the directors cut tomorrow, but I know I will love that one too. Thank you so much for posting it for us! Don't shout! Laughing As I was once thought to be yelling because I used caps without realizing it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Inner and Outer Selves   Inner and Outer Selves Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 12:51 am

Do we have a peaceful beaming emoticon?

cyclops

hmmm. That doesn't seem to be it, but I am delighted you watched it, Sky.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Inner and Outer Selves   Inner and Outer Selves Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 3:55 pm

I think I have ADD or something. It takes a lot for me to sit down and watch anything anyone posts. For the most part, if you look around here, I have not commented on any video anyone posts. Am I too lazy to click the damn link and put the time in? I don't know. It's weird. Maybe if it was imbedded there and I just had to hit play or something, it might be different.

Like, even if I see a story on AOL or something and I click the link to read it and find out it's a video, I don't bother watching it, even if I was really interested in the topic. Yeah, probably ADD.

I do intend to watch it, just when I really feel it and can focus.

As for our inner and outer selves. Let me just say that if you look at my high school picutre I look basically the same. Anyone from any point in my life would recognize me right now. Everyone agrees I've barely changed.

Now, I think that I might have a vague idea of what I really look like. There was this one commercial with Cheri Oteri (from SNL - the one who did the cheerleader) and I said to my mom "is it my imagination or does she look eerily like me in this commercial?" My mom agreed it did look like me. There was also a dancer on "Dancing with the Stars" who I felt looked like me, and again my mom agreed.

I do think I picture a slimmer version of myself and maybe that's why when I go to dress myself, I can't do it in the way I picture myself, that makes things difficult. In my head, I dress in a certain way for a certain body I do not have. So, like I said, it may be body image that I'm dealing with.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Inner and Outer Selves   Inner and Outer Selves Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:07 pm

The best version of me. What my inside wants to be. I figured it would be good to make it myself

Inner and Outer Selves 6041465_bodyshot_300x400
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Inner and Outer Selves   Inner and Outer Selves Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Laughing That can't be you, it's me!!!!!!!!! Don't we all wish............
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Inner and Outer Selves   Inner and Outer Selves Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:56 pm

Green Eyez wrote:
I think I have ADD or something. It takes a lot for me to sit down and watch anything anyone posts. For the most part, if you look around here, I have not commented on any video anyone posts. Am I too lazy to click the damn link and put the time in? I don't know. It's weird. Maybe if it was imbedded there and I just had to hit play or something, it might be different.

Like, even if I see a story on AOL or something and I click the link to read it and find out it's a video, I don't bother watching it, even if I was really interested in the topic. Yeah, probably ADD.

I do intend to watch it, just when I really feel it and can focus.

Are you equating me linking to a movie I am in with a link someone posts to Constantine or Kellie Pickler on Youtube?

I view it more like reading a script a writer friend sends and wants some cheering for.

But this is less than 9 minutes. I think you know how long it takes to read a script. Three times. Wait, five.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: Inner and Outer Selves   Inner and Outer Selves Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:20 am

I was not equating someone putting up a video of GB to you putting up a video of a movie you made.

I was merely stressing that even if I WANT to watch something, I sometimes lack the focus. Hey, even when someone sends me a script, I have to be in the mood to read it so that I can fully get into it and offer my critique, opinion, etc. That also goes for me writing.

I lack focus much of the time.. It's a problem I have. I do want to watch your movie, but be able to fully watch it.

So, I would agree with you and equate watching the movie to reading the script in that I need to have the focus to fully appreciate it

I'm going to look at that picture every day and have it inspire me. When my outsides match, I'll post the results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inner and Outer Selves   Inner and Outer Selves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inner and Outer Selves
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: