Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 6:54 am

This is what I received for Mother's day from my two grandsons (and of course my son and DIL) On the guitar are two footprints, one is black and on top of that one is a gold one (a little hard to see). They are my grandsons footprints. We do love our music.

Chitchat - Page 40 Mothersday2008
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:00 am

WOW! Sky that is an awesome gift!!!!!!!!!! You must be thrilled with it!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:45 am

I am totally thrilled! This is the site that offers to make these prints....

http://piggiesandpaws.com/
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:57 am

That is some nice original gift Sky.

I love stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:23 am

What a fabulous site! I will pass this info on to my daycare parents!! Hopefully something like that is still going strong when I am a grandma!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:09 am

That is very cool Sky! Love the colors and the concept!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:24 am

firecracker wrote:
What a fabulous site! I will pass this info on to my daycare parents!! Hopefully something like that is still going strong when I am a grandma!

From what DIL says, it's really just starting to catch on. It is just so unique.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:46 am

OK..so here is me wanting, tentatively, and only tentatively, ideas about how a woman in her ..ahem..LATE 50s...(dang, got a birthday coming up Sunday, May 18th, that is wedging me way too close to yet another decade)...

Although i can absolutely imagine me living without a husband type for the rest of my life (believe me, getting fucked is never a problem..ever..for women, if just that is what is wanted, and having lovely non-sexual gay guy friends - even ones who do not admit gayness but are just much younger)............. all the non-mate stuff is very cool. For real.

But!!!

What might you do to meet single straight guys who like non-traditional women (nobody who wants a housekeeper or trophy wife would be compatible with me..

But if they want a (non-visually anymore) slut, an enthusiastic cheerleader, and much time off from each other, we could do it. Or if no such men exist, (my current belief) can we confirm that?

If such men Do exist, where have you seen them?

It would be great fun for me to have a fellah that suits me to play with forever, if anybody has seen evidence of their existence anywhere.

I just also think that believing that I will be OK being alone forever is something I can do well, too.

I do not need encouragement to dream of a non-existent entity, but just in case i am missing some reality, please do point it out.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:15 am

Well, as a married with children kinda conservative republican living in a tiny town out amongst the farmlands of Illinois I can tell you I don't meet a lot of interesting men Razz So I am afraid I am not one that can help you.

Have you tried putting all that info in a personal ad? How about a dating service? You never know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:25 am

Frazzle, you and I have a lot in common here. I could have written that post.

I guess you just hope and see what the universe has in store. And do the stuff you love doing. Because when we do that, we send out a good vibe. I've met more men this past year than in a long time - maybe I'll get lucky and find the one sometime soon.

In the meantime - Happy Birthday a little early! cheers
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:16 am

I know this is really lame and I am not speaking from experience, but I do know quite a few normal, happy people who have found love and have actually married people they have met through online dating. I have heard about a few horror stories too, of course.

If I was single, I would probably give it a whirl because the cool thing is you can get to know how intelligent, witty, and how well they communicate first and what they say their interests are up front. Since you are looking for more of a companion and are not too hung up on the looks, it could be an opportunity to meet people all over the world too.

And remember...Javier may have a brother or cousin who is out there somewhere looking for love! Wink
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:19 am

I have s friend in her 50's that just got married to a Dr she met at a homephatic seminar. Of course that meant she moved to Texas away from here. But still it happens. He is very nice.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 11:26 am

Oh, yeah..I forgot about Javier's cousin!

I have done some online dating..the most interesting guy in terms of online and phone chatting turned out to be gigantically obese. Like hardly could walk obese, and was a skin picker, and lost all his wit and confidence in person.

But he sure was smart and funny when not in person.

Maybe I will give it another shot.

Home Depot is a great place to case men on a weekend afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:39 pm

Fraz, if you look....I hope you find someone interesting, fun, smart, witty and just right for you!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:00 pm

Thanks, all.

Having given that part of me a moment off attention, now i am back to HOW DO I MAKE LOTS OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I actually know how, even if I don't get sufficiently excited to do it. (Write scripts, act, teach acting).

So I guess I have no questions. But it is Friday night, and I hope everybody here is having a lovely one!

No, wait! I would love some examples of men we might have heard of who are companioned with really spirited middle aged or older women! GLoria Steinem's hubbie died, but he sounded very cool.

Julie Christie has one:
Chitchat - Page 40 Christiedm468x768az5
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 11:28 am

Question for you Frazz...

Are many of the really cool age appropriate men who are successful behind the scenes in the movie biz (e.g. the creative types: the writers, cinematographers, editors etc.) already taken or just go for the 20-30 somethings?

I can totally see you with someone that is not an actor, but successful in the business behind the scenes. It sounds like some of the charity projects and acting projects would eventually bring you into contact with someone who knows someone ....

-------
Suite à un grand nombre de réponses, ce sujet a été automatiquement divisé. Vous pouvez retrouver la suite de ce sujet ici :
https://wizened.editboard.com/viewtopic.forum?t=92
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: