Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Bachelor

Go down 
+4
Sky
firecracker
southernbelle
Green Eyez
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

The Bachelor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:03 am

I watched about 5 mins. and I don't like the guy either. SOOO not my type. I don't think I will watch any part of this one. The few ladies I saw in those few mins. bugged me too. I still think the whole idea of all these women throwing themselves at this man and talking about each other behind their backs is just icky!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 7:31 am

He's not my type, but I did watch the show. He is very down to earth and actually laughed at a few ladies behavior. Where do they get these ladies for the show anyway? Their behavior is questionable. I'll watch just to see the events unfold. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 8:21 pm

Here's the deal with these shows:

The women who want to do this are a certain type of personality to begin with, you know?

Then, you know they're not going to pick level-headed, calm, rational women. That's some boring TV right there. They always have to pick a basket case (sometimes the basket case is in the form of the woman who weeps like she just got out of a very serious relationship and she met him for 5 minutes 2 hours ago, or the basket case it takes a bit longer to identify: the one who's already picked out her dress and she just needs the groom's name before she sends out the invitations), the one who is a total bitch to everyone, and then when the rest of the girls hate her, says it's because she's so beautiful AND she's not there to make friends. There's the drunk one, the shy one and the apathetic one. The bachelor usually keeps one or more of these around. Sometimes he likes 'em crazy and sometimes I'm sure the producer tells him to keep the crazy chick.

I just found out that Charlie O'Connell's 2-year relationship is over. Really too bad. I thought these two were safe after all this time. I have a feeling she wanted to get married but he didn't.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 9:15 pm

Well, I watched the last 20 mins. because of all the hype about what a "shocking ending" this one had. I swear this show was thought up by some masochist who hates women Mad I don't know why I even wasted 20 mins. of my time No

(the last two girls left were really pretty though!)
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 11:36 am

So, I hadn't heard anything, but watched the "after the rose" and saw that he didn't choose either woman. Oy.

On the one hand, I'm proud of him for being honest and not getting on bended knee after dating 30 women and only being close to the final two in the last days in an artificial setting.

On the other hand, I'm thinkin' this guy has some serious commitment issues (which he even admitted to)

OK, so there have only been two success stories in bachelor history. Trista and Ryan and Mary and Bryan (the fisherman).

Check this out!

TAMPA, Fla., Nov. 23 (UPI) -- Mary Delgado was arrested in Tampa and charged with domestic battery after she allegedly punched "The Bachelor" star Byron Velvick in the face, TMZ.com said.

Delgado is the woman Velvick chose to marry at the end of the reality romance show's sixth season.

The Pinellas County Sheriff's Department told TMZ.com Delgado hit Velvick Wednesday just after midnight, causing his upper lip to bleed.

Police said alcohol was a factor in the incident.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 7:48 pm

My take on all reality shows is that they cast people who want to be actor/models/singers. I know they want you to pretend you aren't that, and the more credibility you can give to just being a nice coal miner or manicurist the better, but I absolutely expect ALL of them to turn up in some sleazy show biz related scandal eventually.

Tess is the only one I have ever seen on any of the shows that I would even consider casting as a regular human on anything. But if she gets busted for coke or something, even that would not surprise me that much.

I caught very little of the current Bachelor...just the supposed "shocking ending" online.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:43 pm

Some, like Bob Guinea, didn't even hide the fact that he was The Bachelor to launch an acting/singing career. I think the fisherman really was a professional fisherman. He is the ONLY bachelor where I knew who he was going to pick because he looked at her and talked about her like a man truly in love. Nobody is that good of an actor. I really thought they were forever.

As for Trista/Ryan, I thought Trista was out for publicity and Ryan just wanted to go back to his quiet firefighter life in Colorado.

I think with The Bachelor, many of the guys look at it as FREE SEX more than anything else. They know the women are in competition, so before they wheedle it down to the women the public thinks they should be with, they have lots and lots of sex with the trampy chicks.

I think with all the other reality shows, I think Frazz is right. They think it's a good way to launch a show biz career. Nobody wants their entire life taped. They view it as a sacrifice to get to their goal.

I didn't watch one episode of The Bachelor this year. I hadn't even heard of the "shocking ending". I happened to tune into "after the rose" which is the most interesting part for me anyway, except for when they rip each other up for the reunion show.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:01 pm

SO, did anyone watch this last night? I did. I knew he would pick the bleached blonde hottie Razz How long do you give this engagement??
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:49 pm

firecracker wrote:
SO, did anyone watch this last night? I did. I knew he would pick the bleached blonde hottie Razz How long do you give this engagement??

Ahhh........I like Shayne. I really hope it lasts, they seem to really care for each other. Coming from her background, she might just try harder to make a go of it. I was so afraid he was going to choose Chelsea. After not being selected, Chelsea seemed more angry than sad and not good when she started to talk bad about Shayne to Matt. I think this proposal was the happiest, best one they've had so far.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:26 pm

As you know I do not watch this show. I usually just put on the finale and see what happens. I did prefer Shayne to Chelsea from the little I saw. I just never put much faith in these couples. I mean how to you go from being in-love with both and can't decide between them to proposing the next day to one of them? I do wish them luck and Shayne's family does not have a good track record that is for sure!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 7:37 am

Made sense that he would go for Shana. He admitted he's always been big on stuff from the U.S. so a movie star family from California is very impressive.

I did read that after the show, they went on a cruise and he was still happy at that point. I wonder if this will be one more couple from this show that makes it long term.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 9:35 pm

Sad, but not surprising at all:

Quote :
Bachelor Matt Grant and fiancée Shayne Lamas have ended their short and often-rocky relationship, they tell PEOPLE.

"We tried hard to make it work but we realized that we were both heading in different directions," the two said in a statement to PEOPLE. "We truly care about each other and will remain close friends."

Neither would elaborate.

Grant, 27, and Lamas, 22, have been plagued with reports of trouble since their televised engagement on ABC's The Bachelor: London Calling in May.

One month later Grant told PEOPLE that he had moved out of Lamas's Century City condominium, citing a need for "space."

At the time Grant said the engagement was still on. "This stuff makes us stronger," he told PEOPLE.

Grant picked Lamas, an actress and the daughter of Lorenzo Lamas, from 25 female contestants vying for the English financier. In the show's conclusion, Grant not only presented the winning rose to Lamas, but also got down on one knee and popped the question with a 2.85-carat platinum and diamond eternity ring.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20214906,00.html
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 10:43 pm

No, I guess it isn't too surprising, but they made such a cute couple.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 6:00 am

They did, but these reality show couples never stay together. Just that gal from the first Bachelorette has gotten married and seems to have a happy life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bachelor   The Bachelor - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Celebs & Reality TV-
Jump to: