Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fat and Skinny

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 4:12 am

Share your experiences about how you are losing weight, exercising, eating healthily, etc.
Back to top Go down
https://wizened.editboard.com
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 9:45 am

I am trying to lose 15 lbs. by June 2nd, my son's graduation party. I am eating less calories and mostly foods with no trans fat or saturated fats. Lots of grains, fruit and veggies. Problem is I HATE to exercise and I know that is a huge part of losing weight. So I got out the exercise bike and the stair stepper. Wish me luck. Even if I only lose 10 I will be much happier than I am right now.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Number of posts : 502

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm

I have to say (I hate telling people what to do), but I really lost weight quickly on Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. People were ALWAYS telling me about South Beach and advising me to try it and so, I didn't want to, because I am sort of a contrarian at times.

I started 6 weeks before Greek Fest and stuck to it religiously. I lost 17 pounds in a month. I DID work out, but I think I would have lost most of it anyway.

I'm up about 5 pounds, but that's pretty good since it's been over 6 months since I lost the weight. I'm going back on because I'd like to go down 10 more before summer. It's really hard right now with Passover though; I've been gorging on egg matzo and butter.

I haven't worked out, except for tennis, in months. I will head back to the gym SOON.

If anyone wants to be a South Beach buddy I'm game.

Last edited by on Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/austin_ambrosia
firecracker

firecracker

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 1:04 pm

Thanks for your input Austin. I have heard of The South Beach Diet, but I have never checked into it. I will check it out.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 12:16 pm

I ate a great South Beach breakfast today: 3 eggs, feta, and sauteed spinach. And then about 11, I ate 2 big pieces of matzo slathered in butter (not really butter, it's that cholesterol controlling spread which is actualy quite delicious). Oh well. I'll be okay.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 4:31 pm

I am getting this for $50 tomorrow (off craigslist).

Fat and Skinny Tonylittlegfelitekwlgbw8
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 4:36 pm

But how much is the machine?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 5:05 pm

He looks worth $50 to me!!

(actually Frazz that seems like an amazing price for that. Good for you!)
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 9:06 am

STUDY: DIETS DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH...

Probably not too much new info, but interesting:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=447651&in_page_id=1770&ct=5
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 9:21 am

Austin, I just read this at Drudge. That report is so me. Lose and gain back. I lost 10 lbs. for a wedding we went to in Sept. By the time the holidays were over it was all back plus a few more. Now I am back to trying to lose for son's graduation party. I am pathetic Embarassed

It makes perfect sense that the yoyoing is bad for you. Maybe I should just be happy with being a little plump.
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 9:32 am

You're probably adorable. A little plump is better than skinny IMO. I know I'll never be skinny again. But ya know, they say that once women get into their 40s, a little bit of weight in the face looks better than a skinny face. Skinny faces can look more wrinkled. Rationalization? Maybe.

Now that Passover is just about over, I have no excuse for eating a 1/2 lb. of butter a day on matzoh.

Tomorrow is BACK to the South Beach.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 1:14 pm

I went to look at the machine...it is just too big for my apartment, so no Tony Little for me. I'll just have to go for a walk, instead.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 2:17 pm

Couldn't you just bring home the guy and get your exercise that way Razz

Sorry it didn't work out for you Frazz. Seemed like such a good deal.

Austin, that is a very sweet thing to say. Hubby tells me I'm hot, but then he knows what that gets him Laughing Maybe some day I'll like a pic of me well enough to post it Embarassed
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 2:17 pm

My husband and I just joined the Y and we've started a new exercise regime. I am hoping that by working together we will help each other stick to it. Hey, this is the guy who helped me stop smoking.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 2:35 pm

That sounds wonderful Abrahammy!! Good luck and have fun!!
Back to top Go down
austin

austin

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 5:50 pm

I try and try to get my DH to the gym. It's very rare. It's funny because we met in a gym playing volleyball. He was playing 4 nights a week back then (not that I would want that now.) And I would never play volleyball now; it screwed up my knees, although they were genetically predisposed to wearing out, but it just hurried the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fat and Skinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat and Skinny   Fat and Skinny Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fat and Skinny
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: