Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problematic Politican (or other) Role Models

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Problematic Politican (or other) Role Models Empty
PostSubject: Problematic Politican (or other) Role Models   Problematic Politican (or other) Role Models Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 2:42 am

The immediate impetus for this topic is that Bill Cosby is on Oprah right now where I live. His official stance on many issues appeals to me. But I also believe he is a motherfucking abuser of women without power, in terms of taking advantage of professional subordinates.

Clinton did it, too.

Most politicians do it. Bush doesn't (I believe) because he is such a dork he has no drive for sexual power. But many Republicans have done it, too.

I want men who speak as though they stand for what I consider goodness to be good across the board. Me being me, if they turn out to be gay, as long as they did not lobby against gay rights, that is fine.

If they lobby for general equal rights but oppose gay marriage, for instance, like Dick Chaney, with his gay daughter who is in a married type relationship with a KID...I get enraged.

It does matter to me what politiicians do in their private lives, though my own morality about what is OK and what is not is not mainstream.

I also watched Matt Laurer's interview with disgraced Senator Larry Criag, who was accused of initiating gay sex in a public bathroom. Before the interview I was kinda on Larry Craig's side thinking his privacy had been invaded. After the interview, I think he is a lying scumbag.

On another layer, I realized today that in the past I would get caught up in absurd fan board conflict in part because there are times when I NEED to get my combative adrenaline flowing. But that fan board wars are not a useful way to do that. Those conflicts just make me feel dirty.

So...here is a place to go off, rant and rave about the non fan issues that really stir you, positively or negatively.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Problematic Politican (or other) Role Models   Problematic Politican (or other) Role Models Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:45 pm

99% of the stories about Clinton were untrue. Read "The Hunting of the President" by Gene Lyons and Joe Conason. There really was a "rightwing conspiracy" as Hillary said.

Or read "Blinded By The Right" by David Brock.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Problematic Politican (or other) Role Models   Problematic Politican (or other) Role Models Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 1:10 am

Clinton was certainly hunted... but he did get blow jobs from the intern. And then insanely lied about it, sounding that one time like Richard Nixon saying "I am not a crook".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problematic Politican (or other) Role Models   Problematic Politican (or other) Role Models Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problematic Politican (or other) Role Models
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: