Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland Empty
PostSubject: Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland   Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 1:34 am

My GAWD the man is so brilliant, so sexy, so funny, so heartbreaking.

Since he is my only celebrity crush in decades, I though I better at least start a thread for him.

I know I have mentioned this before, but I first found him inexplicably hot in Klute, in the 70s, playing a somehwat nerdy cop to Jane Fonda's callgirl. Then he did Don't Look Back with Julie Cristie, and they had a gorgeous and amazing sex scene.

In Dirty Sexy Money he has found a role (and a writer/director, Craig Wright, who started as a playwright, and clearly encourages Sutherland to do the kind of acting that thrills me) he can play with on levels TV almost never approaches.

I drool, I admire, I rewatch his scenes dozens of times. He is brilliant.
On TWOP one of his other admires said that his mouth always looks as if he has just emerged from an orgy. LOL! Kinda true.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland   Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 6:22 am

I always thought he was an amazing actor, but I never thought he was handsome until he got much older. I think he looks fantastic now. Better than he ever has in his life. I do not watch the show every week. I do catch it sometimes, and for me when I have see it Donald is clearly the standout character and actor on the show.

The show is doing really well in ratings and reviews. This could be the show that gets him some awards!

FWIW, I also think his son is a great actor. I used to watch 24 the first season. It wasn't really my type of show, but Keiffer clearly inherited a lot of charisma and talent from his dad.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland   Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 2:22 pm

Donald is so exceptional, I can't stand it. I had never seen Klute, but it was on one day and I caught it and he really is amazing to watch.

I did not realize that about the director being a playwright. I guess Donald would do quite well with such a director.

Kiefer will forever be in my heart just for Lost Boys. I really hope he gets his shit together.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland   Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 6:36 pm

I did not think Donald was handsome back in the old days, at all. That is part of why it surprised me so much that the very best sex scenes I have ever seen were with him. He was so real and so believable as a man who loves to have sex with a woman he loves. That made him tremendously sexy.

I still didn't think he was handsome, even once he got old, and I really did not enjoy Commander in chief...but as Tripp on Dirty Sexy Money, he is the hottest thing that ever lived. And they light him perfectly, too.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland   Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 1:37 pm

Donald is amongst the men I call "ugly sexy". I used to put James Woods in that category. Robert Davi. I'm sure there's more. That's what Donald has. He oozes confidence. He was the bright spot of Commander in Chief for me. I was riveted when he was onscreen.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland   Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 1:49 pm

Ohhh, Robert Davi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland   Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 10:24 pm

I think Donald is prettier than those two, but I know what you mean!

Robert Davi was in my acting class many decades ago. He scared the shit out of me. He was both seductive and menacing.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland   Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 12:07 pm

Donald Sutherland got nominated for a Golden Globe award for Best Supporting Actor in a TV show for Dirty Sexy Money. YAY!!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland   Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 12:26 pm

Good for him! I have watched the show a few times and he is very good in the role. He could use some good news with his son in jail Crying or Very sad That has to be tough.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland   Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 8:59 pm

Donald was interviewed today about his GG nom and I was happy to hear that he was going to the GG even if the strike is not settled! I am bummed that many stars say they are not going. This is my fave award show and there are some great noms this year. I would sure like to see everybody go!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland   Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 2:09 am

My understanding is that stars have said they would not cross a picket line, not they they would not go if the WGA gives the show a waiver or simply does not picket it.

It is most likely that they won't picket it, so the nominees can go.

The SAG Awards have been given a waiver already, because they came to an agreement with the WGA.

The Golden Globe producers can do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland   Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:49 am

Oh good! I know I heard on E!News that the GG were trying to get "something" so the stars could go. I guess that would be a waiver. I do remember all those years ago when there was an actors strike and no one went to the Emmys except that guy who won for playing Jones in that mass suicide movie. I remember how much grief he got for that.
Back to top Go down

Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money, and Donald Sutherland
Page 1 of 1