Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Project Runway anyone?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Project Runway anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:20 pm

Ok, am I the only fashionista around here that is seriously addicted and in love with this show? Question I think this is one of the best produced reality shows (Go Harvey Weinstein!) evah!

I am amazed at how they consistently cast such talented, quirky, endearing and annoying people. I love design, fashion, and yes...Tim Gunn rocks IMO!

I have several favorite designers this season as usual, but as we all know, one bad performance or design and you are out.

I thought Jack the modelesque gay man had a very good chance at the prize, it is a shame he had to leave to take care of his health issues. My other favs are Christian, (I always love the bitchy, super creative, funny ones!) Kit, Rami, and Ricky.

Will be interesting to see if there are any other closet PR fans or if I can convert a few... Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:38 pm

Sorry, I don't watch it. I will probably check it out when all the other shows are over due to the strike and I will be looking for something to watch! I know my mom likes it!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:35 pm

I don't have access to Bravo. I am sure I would love the show if I did. And once I get my financial situation fully dealt with, I will have Bravo.

Inside the Actors Studio is something I wish I could watch all the time. They have extensive excerpts of episodes online, and I watch those (I am in disagreement with the WGA about this one thing...I think watching online is the BEST was to get the writer/actors/directors some clout, since those numbers are accurately availble to both the "creatives" and the procucers/studios).

Is Project Runway available online anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:02 pm

Yes! It is! You can even check out vids of this seaon's episodes (Season 4).

Here is the site link:
http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway//index.php

Hey, could someone post a how to do Links for dummy's thread? I seem to have forgotten how to do it.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:27 pm

I love Project Runway! I've been watching it ever since it started. Tim Gunn definitely does rock!

FWIW, Project Runway reruns pretty often during the week. So if you miss the original showing, you should be able to catch it some other time.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:33 pm

Get cher links for dummies right here.

Now, tell me the links to episodes for dummies on the Project Runway site.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 8:17 am

Cool badger! Who are your fav designers this season?

Here is your link Frazzle!
I will visit your link for dummies later! Thankey!
Wink

http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/season/4/episodes/index.php
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 4:27 pm

I like Christian's designs although he does have quite the ego. I felt bad for Jack but apparently he's doing well now as far as his health goes.

One thing I've discovered about this show is that people pretty much have to find it for themselves. Whenever I talk or post about it to someone who isn't familar with the show, the reaction is often "I'm not into that kind of thing, so it would be boring for me". But then, later it's "Oh I found the best show while I was channel surfing. It's all about these fashion designers..."

By the way, here's a really good blog about the show. Projectrungay

For those who aren't familiar with the show, in Season 2 one of the challenges was to design a skating dress for Sasha Cohen for her to wear at an exhibition.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 9:18 pm

Quote :
One thing I've discovered about this show is that people pretty much have to find it for themselves. Whenever I talk or post about it to someone who isn't familar with the show, the reaction is often "I'm not into that kind of thing, so it would be boring for me". But then, later it's "Oh I found the best show while I was channel surfing. It's all about these fashion designers..."
Good point Badger...I think you really do have to be into fashion or design though to really get hooked. I have found that men like the show...maybe because of the models, but my husband digs it because of the artistic creativity, and the flamboyant personalities of many of the designers. It is flat out good entertainment. And if you like rooting for your favorite every week, you may dig it.

I will not answer the phone, or move from my position on the couch when it comes on.

And you have'nt lived until the uber honest and slightly bitchy Michael Kors starts telling it like it is...just priceless!

I like Christian's energy and confidence too. I have not liked all his designs, just some of them so far. He gets a little literal sometimes...

Eeek! I am so happy Daniel Vasovic is going to make some kind of appearance back on the show per audience demand! He is so adorable and talented!!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 2:05 am

I still can't get any videos online (except the full episode of the first episode of the season) to play -- not clips, not nothing. Alas.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:35 am

Quote :
I still can't get any videos online (except the full episode of the first episode of the season) to play -- not clips, not nothing. Alas.

Dang! Well, at least you saw the first episode though! I hope you can see last week's show at some point. I think you would enjoy it. It was very poignant that the models for the week were real women who had lost a lot of weight. Some of the outfits the designers made for them were not that great, but some of them were outstanding and the gals felt like a million bucks in them-it was great to see them feel so good about themselves.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:53 am

Last season, they did a similar "real woman" challenge only they had the real moms and sisters of each contestant be the models. No one was allowed to pick their own relative. Only about 2 or 3 of the women were slim, most were at least somewhat overweight. Some of the designers had obviously never done something that wasn't meant for a skinny model and had some trouble figuring out what to do.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 1:46 pm

Quote :
Some of the designers had obviously never done something that wasn't meant for a skinny model and had some trouble figuring out what to do.
Yes, I remember that one. It is kind of painful to see some of the real women not be able to pull off a designer's avante guard creation that may look good on a young, 5' 11" stick thin person with a beautiful face-even if it is a rather weird concept.

These kind of challenges really do show how good they are at designing for real women and if they are able to compromise.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:25 pm

It was funny seeing Michael Kors' mom on that episode. She looked just like him!

Could you imagine if they showed the AI contestants picking songs, etc. the way they show the PR contestants sewing, interacting with each other, snarking about the designs, etc.?
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:44 pm

Damn! I want to see this episode! The "real women" stuff is very much what I want to see. Do they sell episodes on itunes or anything? I will check at Amazon Unbox now and report back.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 8:03 pm

My fingers are crossed you will be able to see it Fraz! Somehow this show has a very "real" vibe to it, and the drama and tears do not seem as phony as other reality shows I have watched. Would love to hear your take on it.

Badger wrote:
Quote :
It was funny seeing Michael Kors' mom on that episode. She looked just like him!

Could you imagine if they showed the AI contestants picking songs, etc. the way they show the PR contestants sewing, interacting with each other, snarking about the designs, etc.?
I know! Michael is his mother all over again! She looks really good for her age I thought too! Him, not so much! Laughing

That would make AI a hellava lot more entertaining in my book if they did show more behind the scenes "reality" type interaction with the coaches, other contestants etc. They really need to do something different...it is really getting old.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:20 pm

Bravo lies about episodes being available online. GRRRRR. Hopefully I will find a way (bittorrents, if need be. The writers of Project Runway are not on strike because the studios won't ALLOW them to join the Writer's Guild, and clearly there are no legit streams to even potentially get paid for, so my conscience is clear on this one.)
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 1:26 pm

Quote :
The writers of Project Runway are not on strike because the studios won't ALLOW them to join the Writer's Guild, and clearly there are no legit streams to even potentially get paid for, so my conscience is clear on this one.)
Hmmm, I wonder what is up with that. So old Harvey must have a huge say in that one....guess he is not cool one. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Runway anyone?   Project Runway anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project Runway anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Celebs & Reality TV-
Jump to: