Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clay News!

Go down 
+10
Sky
Green Eyez
austin
muse
frazzle
Janice
abrahammy
southernbelle
Admin
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Clay News! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:05 pm

I don't know the songs..what the fuck does he need to say?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:14 pm

I don't know the songs either. I do know posters at The Clack House that have seen the play and there is cussing. I know bullshit is used a few times. There is also a song where he would have to sing about something happening to his penis. For most people this is no big deal, but we are talking about a guy who took the word "damn" out of one of his songs when he sings it in concert (even though he recorded the song with the word in it) However, he does say crap and crappy in concert Razz He just cracks me up. He is such a unique young man.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:51 pm

Actually, he can't change the lyrics on his own. What I think might happen is that they may write different lyrics for him that are just as funny and witty but aren't cusswords.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 8:01 am

Nice little Clay interview here! He loves his fans!! Claymates have done some amazing things when it comes to his charities and causes. I am so impressed!

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/accent/content/accent/epaper/2008/01/07/a1d_feamus_clayaiken_0107.html
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 8:09 am

US Fund for UNICEF

Field Notes: Thank you from Clay Aiken

Quote :
In December, UNICEF Ambassador Clay Aiken visited children affected by the recent flooding in Mexico and made an appeal for $100,000 to support UNICEF programs.

Well, you did it again! I asked you to join me in supporting UNICEF programs in Mexico this holiday season and you exceeded my expectations. More than $100,000 before the end of the year--AMAZING! Thank you all so much.

As my friends at UNICEF mentioned, we are working hard to put together my holiday album from my trip with my mom and Brett in Mexico. We had a great time and met so many of the wonderful people your donations are going to help. Can't wait to share some of my favorite pictures with all of you!

Stay tuned--we'll get it out to you as soon as possible. Until then... I'm off to rehearsals.

Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 11:37 am

It was announced today that Clay will be on The View soon!! Probably to promo Spamalot! Can't wait. He is always great and gorgeous on The View!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 8:35 pm

Clay's Spamalot Blog.

http://www.montypythonsspamalot.com/land/blog/
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 9:01 pm

Wow!! Look what the Claymates raised for Clay's charities in 2007 alone!

Quote :
2007 $1,282,828.63 + 1561 books + ?? tickets
$333,238.45 - Champions of Change Gala
$300,000.00 - Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader
$181,783.03 - UNICEF Clay's Appeal for Afghanistan
$110,000.00 - UNICEF Clay's Appeal for Mexico
$87,740.39 - WFI 2007 (so far)
$78,000.00 - 5th Grader fan pledges for BAF
$54,560.00 - Ticketmaster BAF Auctions (known)
$43,731.00 - SixDegrees.org contest
$10,000.00 - SixDegrees winning grant from Kevin Bacon
$17,028.76 - Valentine Gifts: CH, CV, CB
$15,912.17 - Not-A-Gala (known)
$12,000.00 - Clayboard birthday gift for BAF (est)
$4,400.00 - Scrapping 4 Inclusion (through May)
$4,326.00 - The Inclusion Bracelet
$4,020.00 - “Kimberley Locke & Idol Friends” Charity Auction, Clay shirt
$3,231.00 - Jesse's baton/Classics Medley sheet music auction
$2,428.39 - Empties for Cash (through May)
$2,107.00 - Cruise'n 4 Inclusion
$1,619.40 - SoCal Beta Alpha Bears June gathering
$4,666.05 - Good Search
$1,000.00 - LemonAID Stand Off (minimum)
$685.00 - Gift cards for Kalamazoo Communities In Schools
1215 books for Kalamazoo Communities In Schools
346 Our Friend Mikayla Books
???? The Way We Make a Difference tickets

Caring Claymates fits better than crazy Claymates!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 8:33 pm

Clay looks very handsome in the Spamalot costume.

I've got a ticket to see the show in February. I've had that show on my list of wanna sees for a long time. The day it was announced that he was signed, I bought a ticket. Got a great deal on it. Not an orchestra seat, but that theater isn't all that large, so I'm happy with the seat and the price!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 8:36 pm

OMG Lau!! Are you a Clay fan??!!

I cannot believe you are going to get to see him in Spamalot!!! affraid You are sooooo lucky! I will not get to see him Crying or Very sad PLEASE come in here and tell me EVERYTHING after you see him in the show!!! I cannot wait for your recap!!

Yes, he looks very handsome in the Sir Robin costume! Have you seen the new pix of him from the Golfing event the other day?? He looks better than he ever has in his whole life!! GAH!

Excuse me, Clay has been known to make me a wee bit fangirly Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 8:43 pm

I have liked Clay since his first round on the semi finals. I couldn't believe he didn't make it through on that round, firecracker. But I was so happy he did when he went in the wild card group.

I enjoyed everyone of his performances during AI. I did vote for him a few times the night of the finale. Always thought he should have won. Always felt that he was a theater boi at heart, too. And I always thought that hurt him with SiCow.

Its okay for you to be fangirly. I can't say I am about Clay, but I admire his talent. I think he did hit a bit of a slump with his last CD, but it seems like his move towards the Bway stage has brought him out of it.

I wish you were able to go, firecracker, and will surely share my experience. I plan to stay after the show, camera in hand, and try to get some good photos of him at the stage door. If I get some, I'll post them for you.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 8:52 pm

Thank you!! Stage door pix will be awesome! I bet you have an amazing time. I hear the play is so funny! Are you a Monty Python fan? I like some of their stuff, but I have watched some scenes of Spamalot on You Tube and it looks like a really fun play.

Yes, Clive's idea of covers of 80's love songs for Clay's last CD was a poor decision. It was sad to see Clay not go platinum on a CD when all his others (full and singles) did. Poor guy Crying or Very sad I wish him much luck on his next CD!

I think he has more theater boi in him then he cares/cared to admit! I hope he has great success on Broadway!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:15 am

I checked my ticket last night and it is for Feb. 10 -a Sunday afternoon matinee. I love Sunday matinees. Eat a nice brunch first and then go to the theater. My idea of a good time. as you can tell, I'm definitely not one of the cool kids if that's my idea of a good time!

I have always liked Monty Python. I love the song "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" from this show.

If I'm not mistaken, Clay is due to give his first show on Jan. 18th. I'm anxious to hear how he does. BTW - I bought my ticket for a few weeks after he starts. It always takes time for a new person coming into an established show to iron out the kinks. That's why reviewers never come in to that situation for awhile.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:21 am

If you are not cool then neither am I! (of course I knew that already Razz ) I love going to Sunday brunch and the thought of a Sunday brunch followed by a great musical is so my idea of a great time! Especially if there will be Champagne at the brunch! Laughing

It's a good idea to wait until Clay has worked the kinks out and feels really comfortable in the roles. It would be fun to be there for his opening night though! Lots of excitement when he first takes the stage!

I am happy to hear that you believe the critics won't pounce on him on opening night. I bet some of them are salivating at the idea of getting to critique him Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 7:29 pm

Clay interview with Newsweek and they pissed him off!

http://www.newsweek.com/id/91541/page/1
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:36 am

Not a good interview at all. I would like to have heard Clay speak a little more positively about appearing on Bway. Loads of actors would give anything for the spot he has gotten. He doesn't sound very thrilled. yikes!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 8:01 am

Knowing Clay he was laughing the whole time he was talking about Spamalot and how he can't dance and stuff. He is always making fun of himself like that. I thought it was a good interview until the end, where clearly the reporter pissed him off. It says "excerpts" of the interview and we don't know how long the reporter pushed him on those issues which Clay clearly didn't want to discuss. Do I wish Clay handled it better? Yes, I do. I understand not wanting to answer the questions but he shouldn't have gotten that defensive. That said, at the very beginning the reporter said Clay was fun and delightful until that point, so I do not think Clay was being all serious while discussion preparing for Spamalot. I have watched every Clay interview multiple times. I know exactly how he gets while talking about himself. Very self deprecating!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 12:18 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/14/people.aiken.ap/index.html

Clay picked as one of the 25 most eligible bachelors (no Claymates did not vote on this one)

http://www.etonline.com/yir2007/2007/11/55624/index.html

Clay will be on The View on January 22nd!

Clay managed to get some time away from Spamalot rehearsals so that he could attend Quiana's opening night in Dreamgirls! So glad he got to go! He blogged about it the day after. He is very proud of her! He is nervous about his Broadway debut this Friday! I am nervous for him, but I think he will be just fine! Can't wait for the reports to come in! I will be sure and bring info here.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:02 pm

Clay is funny and charming and mad talented, but boy, I wouldn't want to cross him.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:30 pm

I think he is sick to death of the media going for controversy. The interview was suppose to be about Clay starting in Spamalot and FREAKING NEWSWEEK reporter asks about Ripagate and footgate!! Old stupid news. I think he is tired of the lack of respect. He just spent Xmas in Mexico for UNICEF and made a fortune for Charity at that golf event AND he is about to debut on freaking Broadway, but hey "was Ripa a homophobe?" Rolling Eyes Personally, I would've smacked the guy Twisted Evil

Do I think he has a temper? Yes, I do. But I think he goes into these interviews with high hopes and good intentions and then he is treated like he is the male Britney or Paris. It is sad.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 10:31 pm

I don't think Clay went into the interview expecting to be asked about UNICEF or the golfing fundraiser etc. I do think he expected them to talk more about SPAMALOT and not go off into ancient history.

I also think Clay is a nice funny snarky guy but I don't think he suffers fools too gladly.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 8:56 am

My point was he has done so much in the last "over a year since Ripagate" and is about to make his Broadway debut in a play that won the Tony for best play and NEWSWEEK no less asks about shit like that. I mean come on. Clearly the reporter was just out to piss him off and bring up controversy and Clay saw right though him. AND I don't for one minute believe the reporter was all Mr. Nice about it and asked him just once and Mr. Diva Clay got all pissed and walked out. We only get to read what this reporter wants to tell us. Clay will not get to say his side and wouldn't be bothered anyway. I do not believe for one second that it all went down the way the reporter wrote it. I seldom believe ANYTHING I read anymore. I have learned way too much from MANY celebs about the crap and lies written about them, not just Clay. Do I think he suffers fools gladly? No way, and good for him. The media has made it their JOB to make the man who expressed openly how important it was for him to be a good role model look like an ASS. Clay starts his Broadway run in 3 freaking days and most of the media last night only mentioned "Clay walks out on Newsweek" Rolling Eyes NO mention of Spamalot. That is the crap he gets from the media. If I were him I would probably not even bother with interviews. What good are they for him. Do I wish he handled it different? Yes. Do I understand why he did? Yes. Do I believe it happened exactly the way this reporter said it did? No. I think he pushed his buttons on purpose just like he did Kevin Spacey and Patti La Belle and others. Sadly it is what this reporter does, and probably many more reporters too. It is just the way entertainment media is today. Last night both E News and ET spent way more time talking about Britney going out for coffee with her new guy then the winners of the Golden Globes, which I personally would have been more interested in.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:02 am

I read about Clay going to the Dreamgirls show, but I couldn't locate where his blog is located. I wanted to read it.

Firecracker or Abrahammy, can you direct me to the link I need to find it? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:17 am

Lau, Clay's blog about going to see Dreamgirls is on his Official Fan Club site. You have to pay to be a member. I am a member, but we are not allowed to copy and paste any of his blogs as that is one of the privileges of being a club member. One of only about two in my book Razz

You say you NEED to find it. If you just want to read it I could maybe PM it to you. If you want to post it elsewhere then I cannot do that.

Last edited by on Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 10:43 am

I bought a fanclub subscription, but the password did not work and I never was able to get in to the website. My husband has put up some firewalls on our computer to keep out spam and spyware, but it does sometimes cause problems.

I would imagine that Clay guards his blog so carefully because people have paid to be in his club; he has to give them something special for their money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clay News!
Page 20 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next