Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chitchat

Go down 
+9
Green Eyez
mishmash
aerwin
Sky
southernbelle
Janice
austin
firecracker
frazzle
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:37 am

So sorry about Tony Crying or Very sad Sending good thought and wishes to Susan and all of Tony's friends and relatives at this very tough time.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:16 am

Frazz, you have had a bad run on friends passing unexpectedly over the last few months. I hope you get a rest from it for a while.

I look forward to reading Susan's blog later when I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:07 pm

OK PEOPLE - TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or we will have to name this place "Missing Women" affraid
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 12:32 am

Chitchat - Page 38 Aprilfools

Chitchat - Page 38 Smiles_310
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 5:37 am

Chitchat - Page 38 Aprilfool
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:55 am

UGH! I hate April Fool's Day at the Clack House and Clayversity Mad They change all the words around and reading the posts SUCKS! I am done trying to decipher the damn words! Guess I will have to hope nothing too exciting happens in Clayland today Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 10:18 am

That's funny about the clackhouse changing words around. I'll have to stop over there later.

It's been quiet all over the last few days. Guess everyone is busy with rl.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 1:39 pm

Is anyone else bowled over by food prices?! I hear it is only going to get worse. I try to eat healthy, no High Fructose Corn Syrup , no hydrogonated , no white flour. But good lord a box of cereal is close to 4.00 and milk close to 5.00 So basically milk and cereal is about ten bucks. I went into buy whole wheat flour yesterday and it was 4.28! I live in a small rural area too.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 2:37 pm

Yes, the grocery bills are insane! I get as much as I can at Wal-Mart. I do not give a rat's ass what anybody has to say about Wal-Mart. It saves my family a lot on what it needs and it is a godsend for my business. I usually only pay $2.50-$2.90 for milk there. I can get cereal much cheaper there too. Same with lunch-meat, bread, crackers, pop, water, all household cleaning supplies, toiletries, and so on!! I LOVE my new Wal-Mart!!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:01 pm

We don't have a super Wal- mart close by. But I have heard that. My sister said Target has some good prices too. But Y'all seriously 4.28 for freakin' flour. Junk food is cheaper than healthy food too. That's wrong.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:29 pm

Yes, Target is good too! I do not have a super Target as close as the Wal-Mart. I can be there in 10 mins. Target about 20. So I always go to Wal-Mart. I have a regular Target right by Wal-mart though so that is cool. I can hit them both depending on who has what on sale.

The other good thing is our big grocery store right by our house, a Jewel/Osco, gives us a nice discount because our son works there. So when I want to shop there we get 10% off our whole bill.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 6:19 pm

Food prices are up because gas is up. It's all linked together.

Aerwin, the food prices are way worse for you living in a rural area I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:25 pm

You really have to scour the newspapers to find decent sales on stuff. The prices in my area are horrendous, too.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:47 pm

Now I hear gas is going up to over 4.00 a gallon by the end of spring. Yippee!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:53 pm

The Chicagoland area has the highest gas prices in the country. We have already seen $4 before and it is close now. My big conversion van gets 9 miles to the gallon and has a huge tank. It's now $100 to fill it up. Can you even believe that???
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:17 pm

Judas H . Preist ! 100.00 ! That is ridculous. Gas is 3.25 a gallon here now. It costs me about 60 bucks to fill up my Volvo. I REALLY Think hard about driving around , ya know. I never thought gas would have to be figured into the household budget. No wonder the truckers went on strike last week. Some of those guys said it cost them 1000.00 to fill up.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 7:17 pm

I just tried to access Idolforums/American Idol site, and it says the site has crashed? I better go check my links and see if they still work.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:32 pm

It probably crashed due to irate fans!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:58 pm

It's back up.......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:49 am

Did you ever get to the point where you feel you'd like to throw out everything you own and start over! That was me this weekend. Maybe its spring coming, but everything looks like it needs to be cleaned out, thrown out, repainted, etc.

I've been dealing with health issues the past 2.5 years and haven't done much outside of routine maintenance and cleaning on the house. So maybe now that I'm feeling better everything looks like it needs something done.

If I could only come up with a lot of money right now, I'd hire loads of people to come in and do it. But since that is very unlikely to happen, I guess it will fall on me. affraid
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:55 am

I did that once, tossed or gave away everyting that was replaceable (including hundreds of books, dishes, clothes, furniture...everything) . For about a year I lived a very uncluttered life.

It was nice. It didn't last. I have way too much junk. Ebay is the devil.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 11:04 am

OMG! I wonder if that is a "middle age/menopause" or something like that thing! I don't want to throw everything away, but I have been cleaning out some drawers and cabinets and dumping stuff! I am thinking of getting rid of a lot more stuff too. I always give tons of clothes, shoes to Good Will but lately I really want to get rid of more than clothes and shoes.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:32 am

Lord I am doing that too. That is so funny. It must be spring fever. I went in the attic yesterday and have four sofa covers from pottery barn. I am thinking of selling some stuff on ebay.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 6:05 am

So now I'm up early to get some work done, and the sun is shining except through the office windows that need a good washing. Starting these chores gets me fired up to keep going. I think I'd rather be doing housework than my job today (excuse!).
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:17 pm

Ok so I get the Vanity Fair in the mail with Madonna on the cover. And I decide I have to get those arms. I already do yoga and lift six pound weights so I tell my husband I need heavier weights and get him to show me more arm exercises. Long story short I am so sore I can barely move. I will get those arms though.
IF I had the money I would hire her trainer , plastic surggeon , dermatologist, etc. See looks fantastic and she is almost fifty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chitchat - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chitchat   Chitchat - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chitchat
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: