Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raines Recapped pt. 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Raines Recapped pt. 1 Empty
PostSubject: Raines Recapped pt. 1   Raines Recapped pt. 1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 10:40 pm

We begin by seeing the front of a school. Carefree children playing…

VO (by JG): Human beings have the longest period of helplessness of any animal. Fish and reptiles are born ready to survive on their own.

The children part and a lone African-american boy sporting corn rows and a blue jacket comes walking up the path…

VO: Mice are ready in days. Granted, mice only live for a few months, so for mouse parents, a day probably seems like an eternity…

The boy continues to walk, arms crossed over his chest.

VO: Anyway, my point is, scientists say our childhoods are longer ‘cause we need to learn more to survive.

Raines (Jeff Goldblum) gets out of his car in front of the school.

VO: I think it’s because we’re the only animal that’s aware of its own limitations…

Raines puts a smile on his face as he walks around his car.

VO: Chiefly among those being, of course, death.

The boy continues to walk as if he doesn’t see the children laughing and playing around him.

VO: And in return, we get bonus innocence time. When you’re a child, everything is possible. ‘Cause in a sense it is, when you’re ten.

Raines force-smiles and waves at the boy.

VO: Everybody actually has a shot at being Bill Gates.

A boy hits a tree with a stick…

VO: Well, not—not everybody.

More shots of kids playing. Then Raines opening up his car door for the boy.

VO: When you’re a kid you believe you’re an invincible all-powerful being and the world that revolves around you has an absolute order where good always triumphs over evil and everything makes sense.

The kid throws his backpack into the car and there’s a bright shiny police badge on the outside of it.

VO: Unless your father was a cop killed in a shoot-out with a drug dealer. (This is the son of Raines’ ex-partner)

As Raines is getting into the car he hears the boy (Jack) say that he hears his mother cry sometimes.

They pull up in front of Jack’s house and Raines is letting him out of the car.

As they walk towards the house, Raines explains it’s because she misses his dad and sometimes crying makes you feel better.

Jack re-affirms that Raines killed the guy who killed his dad. Jack says he wishes he had been able to do it as he walks on ahead and Raines looks contemplative. Awwww...

VO: Some kids grow old too fast.

Now we see a young guy lying on a ledge with blood all over the front of his shirt.

VO: Some don’t grow old at all.

Raines goes over to the guy and lifts up his shirt revealing some nasty wounds and tells us the kid has stab wounds on either side of his heart. There’s no blood trail, so he was dead when he was brought over to that nice little ledge. The policewoman helpfully hands Raines the kid’s wallet. “College ID, no money, etc.” Plus! A picture! Of a girl with a scarf-y thing on her head! The policewoman thinks it may be his girlfriend. Good guess, cop lady. Raines wants to notify said girl about the bad news. “Unless he was her stalker. In which case, it’s good news.” Man, do I love JG’s delivery.

The Driver License has a Victorville address. Hmmm…I didn’t think anyone actually lived there. I always think of it as the place I get gas on the way to Las Vegas…Close-Up on the DL reveals a picture of a cute blond-ish guy with a very boyish face. Now that Raines has seen the kid’s picture, he can start having his delusions. For those of you who don’t know, since his partner died, he’s started seeing the victims of the crimes he’s investigating (the first of which was his partner). They talk to him. They are NOT ghosts. They are a figment of his imagination, which means he only knows as much about them as the information he’s given at the time. So right now? Nice clean cut college kid dead on a ledge is all he knows. The boy begins speaking to Raines through his DL photo: “I bet I would’ve had cute kids.” Raines looks flustered as he tucks the license away, but the boy appears just over the cop lady’s shoulder and starts talking about also having grandkids who would one day put their tiny hands in his. Raines looks up at the boy and the cop lady’s eyes follow his and of course she sees nobody. Raines just looks really upset.

Raines on another rooftop with “Jolie”, the girl in the photo. Indeed, she was Jimmy’s gf. She has that scarf-y thing on her head which she does not take off for the entire episode. Also, a mouth full of braces which is set off by a very dark red lipstick. Pale face. Her nose is an odd shape as well and since they’re filming her mainly in profile and she’s got her hair pulled back, it’s very noticeable. She’s kinda odd-looking and I found myself just looking at all the stuff going on with her face, not to mention her hair is in dreds. She wants to know how he found her. He explains the picture in the wallet, graphic design professer ID’d her, etc. She met “Jimmy” (the victim) at a coffee house she used to work at. All he said was “hey” and a weird calm came over her like she knew him all her life. OK.

She says he didn’t socialize much. Spent most of his time doing class work when they weren’t together, of which she says he had a lot. Raines said he’s surprised someone could go to college “for comic books”. I guess Raines oversimplified it a bit. Apparently he was taking “Psychology of Perception”. What the? REALLY? Wow have things changed since I went to school. Also: Color theory, Analysis of Form. According to Jolie, it was hard work, but our Jimmy was really good.

Raines continues to grill her about anyone who might want to hurt him, possibly someone from Victorville. Jimmy didn’t like to talk about his past (we’ll find out why later). He was an orphan. He never knew his mom and his dad died in Desert Storm when he was five. Raised in Group Homes. Every once in a while she’d see a “bad memory come on him” and then he’d draw in his sketchbook and feel better. Raines wants to know if there’s anyone else he can talk to. Jolie puts him onto “Wally” who was the “closest thing to family Jimmy had”. Wally is now a comic book shop owner (The Geek Farm) but used to be this “big-shot comic book writer”. Jimmy had written Wally letters since he was a kid. It was Wally who convinced Jimmy to come to L.A. and go to college. They were writing a comic book together. The hero was this guy called “Payback”. His family was murdered by the mob.

Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Raines Recapped pt. 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raines Recapped pt. 1   Raines Recapped pt. 1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 12:20 am

I am putting Green Eyez's first recap in the normal default font. let us know if this is easier or harder to read.

We begin by seeing the front of a school. Carefree children playing…

VO (by JG): Human beings have the longest period of helplessness of any animal. Fish and reptiles are born ready to survive on their own.

The children part and a lone African-american boy sporting corn rows and a blue jacket comes walking up the path…

VO: Mice are ready in days. Granted, mice only live for a few months, so for mouse parents, a day probably seems like an eternity…

The boy continues to walk, arms crossed over his chest.

VO: Anyway, my point is, scientists say our childhoods are longer ‘cause we need to learn more to survive.

Raines (Jeff Goldblum) gets out of his car in front of the school.

VO: I think it’s because we’re the only animal that’s aware of its own limitations…

Raines puts a smile on his face as he walks around his car.

VO: Chiefly among those being, of course, death.

The boy continues to walk as if he doesn’t see the children laughing and playing around him.

VO: And in return, we get bonus innocence time. When you’re a child, everything is possible. ‘Cause in a sense it is, when you’re ten.

Raines force-smiles and waves at the boy.

VO: Everybody actually has a shot at being Bill Gates.

A boy hits a tree with a stick…

VO: Well, not—not everybody.

More shots of kids playing. Then Raines opening up his car door for the boy.

VO: When you’re a kid you believe you’re an invincible all-powerful being and the world that revolves around you has an absolute order where good always triumphs over evil and everything makes sense.

The kid throws his backpack into the car and there’s a bright shiny police badge on the outside of it.

VO: Unless your father was a cop killed in a shoot-out with a drug dealer. (This is the son of Raines’ ex-partner)

As Raines is getting into the car he hears the boy (Jack) say that he hears his mother cry sometimes.

They pull up in front of Jack’s house and Raines is letting him out of the car.

As they walk towards the house, Raines explains it’s because she misses his dad and sometimes crying makes you feel better.

Jack re-affirms that Raines killed the guy who killed his dad. Jack says he wishes he had been able to do it as he walks on ahead and Raines looks contemplative. Awwww...

VO: Some kids grow old too fast.

Now we see a young guy lying on a ledge with blood all over the front of his shirt.

VO: Some don’t grow old at all.

Raines goes over to the guy and lifts up his shirt revealing some nasty wounds and tells us the kid has stab wounds on either side of his heart. There’s no blood trail, so he was dead when he was brought over to that nice little ledge. The policewoman helpfully hands Raines the kid’s wallet. “College ID, no money, etc.” Plus! A picture! Of a girl with a scarf-y thing on her head! The policewoman thinks it may be his girlfriend. Good guess, cop lady. Raines wants to notify said girl about the bad news. “Unless he was her stalker. In which case, it’s good news.” Man, do I love JG’s delivery.

The Driver License has a Victorville address. Hmmm…I didn’t think anyone actually lived there. I always think of it as the place I get gas on the way to Las Vegas…Close-Up on the DL reveals a picture of a cute blond-ish guy with a very boyish face. Now that Raines has seen the kid’s picture, he can start having his delusions. For those of you who don’t know, since his partner died, he’s started seeing the victims of the crimes he’s investigating (the first of which was his partner). They talk to him. They are NOT ghosts. They are a figment of his imagination, which means he only knows as much about them as the information he’s given at the time. So right now? Nice clean cut college kid dead on a ledge is all he knows. The boy begins speaking to Raines through his DL photo: “I bet I would’ve had cute kids.” Raines looks flustered as he tucks the license away, but the boy appears just over the cop lady’s shoulder and starts talking about also having grandkids who would one day put their tiny hands in his. Raines looks up at the boy and the cop lady’s eyes follow his and of course she sees nobody. Raines just looks really upset.

Raines on another rooftop with “Jolie”, the girl in the photo. Indeed, she was Jimmy’s gf. She has that scarf-y thing on her head which she does not take off for the entire episode. Also, a mouth full of braces which is set off by a very dark red lipstick. Pale face. Her nose is an odd shape as well and since they’re filming her mainly in profile and she’s got her hair pulled back, it’s very noticeable. She’s kinda odd-looking and I found myself just looking at all the stuff going on with her face, not to mention her hair is in dreds. She wants to know how he found her. He explains the picture in the wallet, graphic design professer ID’d her, etc. She met “Jimmy” (the victim) at a coffee house she used to work at. All he said was “hey” and a weird calm came over her like she knew him all her life. OK.

She says he didn’t socialize much. Spent most of his time doing class work when they weren’t together, of which she says he had a lot. Raines said he’s surprised someone could go to college “for comic books”. I guess Raines oversimplified it a bit. Apparently he was taking “Psychology of Perception”. What the? REALLY? Wow have things changed since I went to school. Also: Color theory, Analysis of Form. According to Jolie, it was hard work, but our Jimmy was really good.

Raines continues to grill her about anyone who might want to hurt him, possibly someone from Victorville. Jimmy didn’t like to talk about his past (we’ll find out why later). He was an orphan. He never knew his mom and his dad died in Desert Storm when he was five. Raised in Group Homes. Every once in a while she’d see a “bad memory come on him” and then he’d draw in his sketchbook and feel better. Raines wants to know if there’s anyone else he can talk to. Jolie puts him onto “Wally” who was the “closest thing to family Jimmy had”. Wally is now a comic book shop owner (The Geek Farm) but used to be this “big-shot comic book writer”. Jimmy had written Wally letters since he was a kid. It was Wally who convinced Jimmy to come to L.A. and go to college. They were writing a comic book together. The hero was this guy called “Payback”. His family was murdered by the mob.
Back to top Go down

Raines Recapped pt. 1
Page 1 of 1