Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raines Recapped pt. 4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Raines Recapped pt. 4 Empty
PostSubject: Raines Recapped pt. 4   Raines Recapped pt. 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 10:44 pm

Raines is with Jack, his ex-partner’s son, and gives him the Betty & Veronica comic book. The kid is less than enthused, and accepts it graciously, but would prefer Ghost Rider. They spot an ice cream truck and Raines offers to buy the kid some ice cream. Raines proceeds to describe them getting the ice cream like a comic book adventure but “of course that’s only after paying and getting our napkins”. The kid says his dad told him Raines was funny. Raines says he’s a “physical comedian” and that he’s what they call “on funny”. Some people are “regular funny” I’m “on funny” and that it’s “from a movie”. (I tried to Google it, but couldn’t find it. Does anyone know where it’s from?)

Raines continues to ramble on about which ice cream they should get as the kid focuses on a father and son enjoying big sticks (no, I won’t go there, but they really should have chosen another ice cream, because the father is really sucking on his. Just sayin’.). Jack says that people tell him his father went to “a better place” but “why wasn’t that better place with me and my mom?” Awww again.

Raines brings Jack home and they’re met by his mom who’s really pretty. She and Raines hug affectionately and sit out on the porch. He asks how jury duty is going (I guess this is why Raines has been picking the kid up from school) and the mom says she’s not supposed to talk about it but “he’s guilty”. He asks how she’s holding up and she says she’s cursing God less and he tells her not to stop completely because it’s a welcome change from all those people who are “sucking up”. She tells Raines that Jack is getting in fights at school and is “angry at the world”. She asks how Raines is and if he’s still “talking to the victims”. Raines looked mildly shocked but she explains that Charlie told her he did that. So, I guess he always did this. I really thought the catalyst was the dead partner. He says, “it’s different without Charlie”. She wants to know in what way and then Jimmy appears on the house railing in front of him and he says, “it’s hard to put into words” which is a good segue way to…

Raines at his therapist appointment. His Therapist is played by Madeline Stowe who I’ve always found quite pretty. She’s really aged well I think. She asks how his case is going and can tell he really likes the victim because he identifies with him. That talking to Jimmy puts him in touch with his creative self. Raines admits that he feels bad for Jimmy because he had to watch his father die. That because he had nobody looking out for him, his life turned to crap. Stowe correctly says that he seems angry. He gets even more angry, wondering if the dad even considered what kind of effect it would have on his kid and he’s selfish because he did something he knew sooner or later would kill him. Stowe thinks this is just like the situation with Charlie (his ex partner) who lived a life he knew would eventually kill him. That now that Charlie’s gone, Raines feels responsible for Jack.

To get the focus off of him, Raines starts talking about the fights Jack is getting into at school. How he wishes he could reach in and remove the pain. Stowe says that even if he could, there would be no room left. Raines asks if they can leave him out of it and oops! Therapist laughs as she realizes their 50 minute hour is up.

Raines: Well, this has been, uh, just the best time I’ve ever had in my whole life.

He gets up to leave when Stowe risks the ire of her waiting patients when she goes into more detail about Jack. She tells him Jack is exhibiting signs of “Childhood Traumatic Grief” and that he can’t mourn the loss of his father because even his happy thoughts about his dad remind him of the terrifying way in which he died. She suggests Raines bring the kid to her. Raines isn’t sure he’ll want to talk about it, but she says she’s worked with people who are here against their will (aka Raines, who was forced to go there by his boss because he too knows about the talking to victims thing).

Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Raines Recapped pt. 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raines Recapped pt. 4   Raines Recapped pt. 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 12:41 am

Again...just putting Green Eyez's great recap in normal font:

Raines is with Jack, his ex-partner’s son, and gives him the Betty & Veronica comic book. The kid is less than enthused, and accepts it graciously, but would prefer Ghost Rider. They spot an ice cream truck and Raines offers to buy the kid some ice cream. Raines proceeds to describe them getting the ice cream like a comic book adventure but “of course that’s only after paying and getting our napkins”. The kid says his dad told him Raines was funny. Raines says he’s a “physical comedian” and that he’s what they call “on funny”. Some people are “regular funny” I’m “on funny” and that it’s “from a movie”. (I tried to Google it, but couldn’t find it. Does anyone know where it’s from?)

Raines continues to ramble on about which ice cream they should get as the kid focuses on a father and son enjoying big sticks (no, I won’t go there, but they really should have chosen another ice cream, because the father is really sucking on his. Just sayin’.). Jack says that people tell him his father went to “a better place” but “why wasn’t that better place with me and my mom?” Awww again.

Raines brings Jack home and they’re met by his mom who’s really pretty. She and Raines hug affectionately and sit out on the porch. He asks how jury duty is going (I guess this is why Raines has been picking the kid up from school) and the mom says she’s not supposed to talk about it but “he’s guilty”. He asks how she’s holding up and she says she’s cursing God less and he tells her not to stop completely because it’s a welcome change from all those people who are “sucking up”. She tells Raines that Jack is getting in fights at school and is “angry at the world”. She asks how Raines is and if he’s still “talking to the victims”. Raines looked mildly shocked but she explains that Charlie told her he did that. So, I guess he always did this. I really thought the catalyst was the dead partner. He says, “it’s different without Charlie”. She wants to know in what way and then Jimmy appears on the house railing in front of him and he says, “it’s hard to put into words” which is a good segue way to…

Raines at his therapist appointment. His Therapist is played by Madeline Stowe who I’ve always found quite pretty. She’s really aged well I think. She asks how his case is going and can tell he really likes the victim because he identifies with him. That talking to Jimmy puts him in touch with his creative self. Raines admits that he feels bad for Jimmy because he had to watch his father die. That because he had nobody looking out for him, his life turned to crap. Stowe correctly says that he seems angry. He gets even more angry, wondering if the dad even considered what kind of effect it would have on his kid and he’s selfish because he did something he knew sooner or later would kill him. Stowe thinks this is just like the situation with Charlie (his ex partner) who lived a life he knew would eventually kill him. That now that Charlie’s gone, Raines feels responsible for Jack.

To get the focus off of him, Raines starts talking about the fights Jack is getting into at school. How he wishes he could reach in and remove the pain. Stowe says that even if he could, there would be no room left. Raines asks if they can leave him out of it and oops! Therapist laughs as she realizes their 50 minute hour is up.

Raines: Well, this has been, uh, just the best time I’ve ever had in my whole life.

He gets up to leave when Stowe risks the ire of her waiting patients when she goes into more detail about Jack. She tells him Jack is exhibiting signs of “Childhood Traumatic Grief” and that he can’t mourn the loss of his father because even his happy thoughts about his dad remind him of the terrifying way in which he died. She suggests Raines bring the kid to her. Raines isn’t sure he’ll want to talk about it, but she says she’s worked with people who are here against their will (aka Raines, who was forced to go there by his boss because he too knows about the talking to victims thing).
Back to top Go down

Raines Recapped pt. 4
Page 1 of 1