Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dolls

Go down 
+2
firecracker
Luca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:40 am

Eric got home pretty easy. They did a good job on clearing the roads. It's 4:30 AM and Rob left for work so I wanted to check the snow condition. As feared the snowplows buried us in. I will have to wake Eric up a little early and get him to shovel out the Saturn while I am getting ready. Nothing on the school sites yet saying they are closed. I'll keep checking. Yes, I think we are going to get more snow this week than we got all last winter Shocked
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 7:48 am

Well, I am not taking my dad to the VA today. He is not feeling well and didn't have a good night, plus our driveways our buried and it is snowing and blowing. I was going to wake Eric up early to clear off the have of the drive before he leaves for classes, but now there is no rush. My MIL isn't going to her exercise class today either, so we are going to stay in, have some hot cocoa and I am going to make us some Chocolate Chip cookies! It is kinda of my first snow of the year tradition! Maybe I will make some blueberry muffins too! I'll finish addressing the Xmas cards too! A nice peaceful day (I hope!) We will have to try for the VA clinic next Weds. The docs are only there on Weds.

Hope you have a great day!!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 7:52 am

I just don't understand why the Doctor at the VA hospital can't just get your Dad's records and go from there... Oy, what a system! I am relieved you are not going out today and have to battle the snowy roads and go through the ordeal of getting him out of the car again.

Hope you have a relaxing day! TTYL!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:06 am

Ready to succomb to the cuteness? I am kinda wishing I had gone for the Bunny now...The pets are selling for $180.00 and up or that is what people are asking for them anyway. Shocked

Dolls - Page 16 11071202459394_716
Dolls - Page 16 11071202459394_89
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:19 am

I cannot believe Y'all have had snow already. FC I am so sorry about your Dad. I am hoping for big turnaround on his part. It is sad and difficult thugh to deal with I know.

You sound like a worrywart like me about your boys. I worry everytime my son goes out the door. He just thinks I am crazy. But At that age they think they are invicible. How I wish that were true.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:40 am

EEEK!! The bunny is SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! I still don't think I would pay that much for the pets, but since I was born on Easter Sunday I do have a thing for bunnies!! The eyes on that one!!!! Oh goodness what a beautiful little bunny!! Obviously I would have gone for the bunny if I could have ordered a doll for Xmas and get the pet deal, but honestly the fox is the better choice to go with your Hid. After all, he will be a foxy devil!! Since you want him to have a vampire vibe the bunny just wouldn't work with him.

Aerwin, there are no words for how much I worry about my boys No I was a basket case last night until Eric got home. I literally threw my arms around him when he got in. He just did one of these Rolling Eyes He thinks I am nuts to worry so much about him - after all he is almost 19!!! He thinks he is big man you know Razz He really didn't get why I was so worried. Frankly hubby said I drove him up the wall last night staring out the window and pacing Dolls - Page 16 Felixuntil he got home. When it comes to the boys and having parties I do kind of become psycho. geek

Thanks for your thoughts and concerns for my dad Aerwin. This is all getting me really down. I really did stay optimistic for a long time. I am still trying, but hope is truly slipping away.

Yes, Luca. I kept hoping that when he called today to reschedule that they would have said to him, oh that is OK, we can just get records from your doctor. I mean they saw what shape he is in. But it is the govenment and rules are rules and no exception yada, yada, yada Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 8:47 am

FC, I knew you would love the bunny girl!!!! She just has so much personality, and the pretty eyes and make-up! The bunny would be easier to dress too! You are right though, the fox goes with my theme of Hid the time traveller. Don't know if he will pull off the vampire deal, we shall see! Twisted Evil

Well, better get my butt to work so I can get off at a decent time... Neutral
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 9:08 am

Hope you get off at a good time!

Yes, in a perfect world I would have been able to get in on that deal and get a bunny wth a girl and a fox with a boy!! Ah, yes. That would have been perfect!! If only I had $800 to spend at the time!! Man, I would be beside myself waiting for that package to come to the door!! bounce

I still think your hubby should tape you opening up your Hid and Fox and send it to me so I can see you flip out when you see them!! I can hear the eeeks and eeeees and squees now! Just remember I will be squeeing with you!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:15 pm

Here is the new Haute NYC. At this moment I am not really taken with her or feel any need to get her. When I saw Haute LA I HAD TO HAVE HER!! Remember? Maybe it is the pix, but she just doesn't seem that appealing to me. What do you think?

Dolls - Page 16 Newhaute

Dolls - Page 16 Newhaute2
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 4:17 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked
i'm with you, I'm not feeling the love either! The outfit is really drab and ugly...and the doll's coloring is boring. Like the eye color though if it is grey.

I saw the first decent photo of Hid and Ray in real life! Ray is blah....so glad I did'nt order him! I think I will really like HId! I may have to change out his eyes to a size smaller size. The stock eye size looks kind of big or something and makes the doll likes caricaturish or something. Of course they have the fugliest wig on! Will bring photos over to show later when I get home!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 4:21 pm

Oh goodie!! I can't wait to see him!

I thought the new Haute's eyes look that camo green like her pants. I could be wrong. I have not found any other pix. Those are from Ebay. The seller has 50 of them and is asking $130 plus $15 shipping. For that price I would rather have Hello Kitty or Uncarnicky and just change their wigs.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 4:23 pm

I really like that eye color on him with his face-up...I may have to get some of those. Maybe go down a size too. But, I will wait and see what mine looks like and see what I think first.

Dolls - Page 16 Newhid1Dolls - Page 16 Newhid5
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 4:27 pm

Dolls - Page 16 Weepets
I found out Pullip/barbie clothes may work for the fox too! I can't imagine it , but hey-that is good news!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 4:33 pm

Oh, I LOVE those eyes!! Very pretty color!

Here is what the new Haute comes with:

Quote :
Jun Planning ... 2007 Haute Doll exclusive and cover doll for the January/February 2008 issue of Haute Doll magazine. This adorable Pullip has long green hair and tons of accessories...jacket, top, NY Mets T-shirt, skirt, cap, metro card, 2 pairs of shoes, 2 purses, party dress, Sushi lunch, dog.

She also comes with 4 really cute beaded bracelets! However, I found a better pic of her face. She does have the dull green eyes. I have no interest in her at all. Well, I guess that is a good thing! Laughing

Dolls - Page 16 NYChaute

I can't believe that Barbie clothes would fit the pets! How cool is that!

That site is offering this Sprite for $128 with make-up and eyes of your choice!! I want to be able to pick my eyes!! I really like her! Maybe I could live with the ears Shocked

Dolls - Page 16 Spritegirl
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 5:48 pm

I think the Sprite ears are really cute and would make good vampire ears too! I have not seen ugly stock eyes in any of the Sprites I have seen so I think you would have a good chance of getting something you like. YOu could ask the seller what they are sending you when the order is ready to be shipped and if you think you will hate it-ask them to change them and pay the difference I guess. The acrylic eyes are 5.00-10.00 per pair, so not expensive, then whatever they would charge labor wise-I bet not more than 10.00.

I really want a Sprite bad too!

ETA: Ooops I just read you said you could pick the eyes!!!!!! Nevermind what I said about that!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 6:04 pm

Yep! That is why I wish I could buy one now! That is the first time I have seen a BJD advertised with being able to get eyes of your choice. Of course, there is something to be said for being totally surprised when you open the box! I have to say that I have not seen any scary eyes on the Bobobie dolls. Yes, actually the Spite ears are growing on me. She is awfully cute. I can't wait to see what deals are out there when I am in the position to buy a BJD.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 6:30 pm

I think you will find a similar deal in the next 6 months. What skin tone would you get, and would you get a stock face-up?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 6:45 pm

I think I want a normal skin tone, but the white can be really pretty too. Face-up? I know I want the eyes to stand out. Dark lined and probably pinkish lips. Ha Ha - sounds like me Razz I guess when the time comes I will look closely at a lot of dolls to make a final decision. I like many types of looks though. When you consider my two J-Dolls. Anisa has bolder color and Claire is very earthy. I love them both equally. So I am probably going to have trouble deciding scratch

The site that has that Sprite deal states that you can get the stock make-up or for free tell them what you want.

ETA:

This is very much what I have in mind for a girl. Bright vibrant eyes lined in black and soft pink lips. Nice skin tone. I would be thrilled with this girl.

Dolls - Page 16 Tiahblue01
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 9:49 pm

Cool! Would you go with a blue wig too? White or pink would rock that look too!

Check these eyes out...I really am smitten with them! They are a light grey, but have other colors too. I think they make Hid look more romantic or something I can't quite put into words. Gah, I can't wait to see someone put a decent wig on him!
Dolls - Page 16 Hideyes1psd
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 5:25 am

Good morning!

No, I don't think I would go with a blue wig. She looks really cute in it, but it would not be my first choice. I would probably get a few different wigs for her though.

I love the light gray eyes. They would go really good with the wig you ordered!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 6:54 pm

Of course those eyes ar 25.00- Oy, I never like anything that is cheap!!!!

I want them badly, but I really should wait until I get him and see what the eyes look like before I buy anything else. I think the eyes on DZ dolls will be easy to replace from what I have seen. There is a magnetic part on the top of the head that just lifts off and then the head opens. The eyes are just held in with putty and you just change them out! No complex eye mech that needs to be taken apart or anything! No screws that need to be taken out of the head either! Way easier than Pullips! I think it will be fun to change the eyes on my boy. The girl? I think hers may be harder to do...so will not rush into that one!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 7:16 pm

I think you should wait too! Your guy may come with the most beautiful eyes!

I was just taking to my hubby about about getting a Bobobie and he said for Mother's Day! So I don't have to wait until next Xmas! I've talked to him about the price of BJD and he thought that they seemed like a great deal! He is a good man no?

Hope you had a great day! We are suppose to get another storm tonight so I wonder what we will wake-up to tomorrow? I really need to get some shopping done tomorrow and get to the post office. Even if the snow clears early it is suppose to be about 2 degrees Shocked I knew we would be punished for that glorious fall we had Mad

Got to get back to Clay Concert Chat!

TTYL!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 8:01 pm

I think you do have the greatest hubby around...no doubt about it! And that he loves you very much and knows how much you enjoy the doll hobby!
Wink

Hey! I got a new, fun white wig for Ali to go with her Christmas gown and you are so going to so die when you see it! She literally makes the other girls look like little nothings in comparison, that is how stunning she is. Nero is just the most sopishicated Pullip ever. I must do a snow princess photoshoot with her, but don't have a crown. Now I must get one, dammit! They just won't let me stop spending money on them dammit! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 8:08 pm

I agree about Nero! I LOVE her. She is so beautiful! I cannot tell you how many times when I walk into my office I look at Natalie and am in awe of her beauty!! I can't wait to see Ali the snow princess! I know a great site to get crowns for your Pullips! Let me know if you need the link!

The snow storm arrived and Eric went sledding with friends. So glad he didn't have to work tonight!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 10:02 pm

I do need the crown link...if they are not too expensive that is! Embarassed

I think Claire and Anisa may need a boyfriend...
Shocked
http://cgi.ebay.com/Obitsu-27cm-Male-Body-Doll-Creamy-Gown-KAYURA-dollfie_W0QQitemZ120194102716QQihZ002QQcategoryZ84635QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolls - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolls   Dolls - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolls
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Hobbies, Developing New Skills-
Jump to: