Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Animals/Pets!

Go down 
+4
Green Eyez
firecracker
frazzle
Luca
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:30 am

No Billy Bob is a Baby. Mr . Ramsey is the Dad . He is solid white.
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:31 am

I love the baby lambs. Thanks for the pics, aerwin.

How many babies are there?
Back to top Go down
aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:46 am

Eight! I have one more Ewe that is expecting.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:47 am

EEEKK! 8!! With more on the way! How exciting!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:44 pm

So precious! Thank you for sharing the pics with us. I'm surprised how big they are. Just adorable.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 9:55 am

I know have NINE babies. I am done with lambs for the year. Phew. Out of the nine I have ONE girl! Do you believe that? ONE. So today is neutering day. My hubby says OW!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 10:32 am

WOW! Only one girl out of nine Shocked

I bet your hubby says OW! affraid

Who neuters them??? Does a vet come to your home?
Back to top Go down
aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 11:22 am

Quote :
Who neuters them???
Me. You band them . You have to make sure you have both testicles and slip a band around them. I know it sounds bad but you cannot have a pasture full of rams breeding with their Moms. affraid Plus a ram CAN become aggressive. So it is best for all concerned . My husband and son pretend to run away when I get the bander out.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 11:48 am

That's all it is? Bands? For some reason I thought things were "cut" pale

Cool that that is all it is! Sounds easy. Yes, it is definitely something that needs to be done under the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 2:09 pm

Do the balls just fall off after the blood supply is gone???? affraid pale

Poor babyman, does'nt know what lies ahead for him...but, he will be under anesthesia at least. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 2:36 pm

affraid OMG! I never knew that............. You are one strong lady Aerwin.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 10:25 pm

That reminds me of a joke.

A woman comes into a vet's office with an obviously pregnant cat.

"Doctor, I don't know what's wrong with Fluffy. She just keeps getting fatter and fatter."

The doctor examines Fluffy and tells the woman the cat is going to have kittens.

"Kittens? That's impossible. She never leaves the house."

"Do you have any male cats around?"

"Well, yes, I have one but it couldn't be him".

"Is he neutered?"

"No, he's not neutered."

"Well?"

"But, Doctor, he's her brother!"
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 10:33 pm

Hee hee!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:59 am

Quote :
Do the balls just fall off after the blood supply is gone????
Yep,
I swear I have the most beautiful boys. It is a waste. The one girl I have is not even pretty. Is that just not the way?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 5:51 am

affraid
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 12:57 pm

firecracker wrote:
affraid

That's my reaction too!!! Awww, what do you mean she's not pretty? It's a lamb..............
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:09 am

The suburban girl comes out in me when I read what you have to do aerwin...first to admit, I'm not tough!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 2:05 pm

I took Halle for her ultrasound today and there are no puppies. Crying or Very sad I am very sad, I REALLY wanted the pups and they were all already sold. To make it triple sad the male I bred her with who was a National Champion has since died. I have been crying all afternoon . I so wanted those puppies. I know it must seem silly but I am very upset.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 2:26 pm

So sorry Aerwin...I'm sure that is a huge disappointment. Crying or Very sad What happenned to the sire?

Will there be another opportunity to breed her with another good dog sometime in the near future?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 2:49 pm

Oh Aerwin Crying or Very sad I am so sorry. No, it is not silly. I would be very disappointed too. So sad about the sire. I hope you find a new sire for her and it all works out.
Back to top Go down
aerwin

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:05 pm

Quote :
What happenned to the sire?
He had a terrible case of pneumonia.It was very sudden. I don't know about another "husband" he was one great sweet dog. she had one litter by him and they are all doing great ,very talented. I wish I had had the foresight to keep one then but I did not. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 4:07 pm

How old was he? That is really tragic and sounds like it was a shock to everyone.

Too bad they did'nt freeze some of his sperm...they do that with top stallions for breeding purposes.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:34 pm

Sad news to report. My stepmom's 14 year old standard poodle Sandy went out two weeks ago and hasn't returned. He had a collar with tags that had his name, phone number and address on it and everyone around here knew him. We fear he has gone to the standard poodle graveyard.

Goodbye, Sandy. We'll miss the way you ate an entire pie and then washed it down with a couple of caramel apples. We'll miss the way you could scarf down foot long subs in one gulp. The way you stole all the Christmas cookies one year. The way we had to hide candy because if you smelled it and it was anywhere you could get it, you'd eat the entire bag. We'll miss the way you were such a trouper about pills - down the hatch in one swallow, none of this hiding it in the mashed potatoes or forcing down the throat for you. We'll miss the way you went out hunting for moles and other varmints every morning. We'll miss the way you let the smaller dogs (Pooh the toy poodle and Lily the rat terrier) stick their entire heads in your mouth. We'll miss your goofy charm most of all.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:54 pm

Oh Badger, I am so sorry Sad Sandy sounded like a real gem! Don't give up hope. Maybe by some miracle he'll be returned. If not, sounds like he was sure loved and had an awesome life!

Hugs to you my friend.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:51 pm

Thanks, firecracker. Standard poodles are great dogs.

For all his goofiness, he was a good watchdog which was really the main reason Carol and my dad got him. When they moved out here from Maryland, they bought a house on quite a bit of land - it used to be a farm. Anyway, my dad thought they needed a large dog as a guard and since my stepmom wasn't crazy about the idea of dog hair all over her house, a standard poodle which does not shed, was the best solution. Sandy was a big dog - around 100 pounds in his prime and as tall as me when he stood on his hind legs (I'm 5 feet tall). He never attacked a person - he was content mainly to bark and to pee on the shoes of men he didn't like -- but I have no doubt he could have put a serious hurt on someone if he had a mind to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals/Pets!   Animals/Pets! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animals/Pets!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wizened Women :: Hello, hello :: Chit-chat, News, Real Life, Get motivated-
Jump to: