Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+10
Janice
Green Eyez
Sky
Luca
muse
austin
abrahammy
southernbelle
frazzle
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 12:15 pm

Aerwin, I'm gonna have to disagree about Chris being TCO. I knew Taylor was going to win that thing. I figured Chris was going to be another Clay, where one guy is just nice and he gets the votes (read: appeals to middle America), but the other guy is way better and will have the better career

Well, I've seen snippets of the show. I listened to Jordin (if you can ever listen to them without watching, it's quite a different experience) and then I listened to Lakisha. I have to say, Lakisha comes off sounding way more professional. Much more of a richness to her voice. She does different arrangements, etc., while Jordin stuck exactly to the song.

Also, I know Barbra gets a lot of hype and sometimes I wonder why one singer is praised as like the best singer ever, while others are just "singers". Then I heard Jordin do "Woman in Love" and once again I have to give Barbra her due. Jordin did really well, but if you hear Barbra, well, no comparison (remember, I'm a Jordin fan)

I saw some of Blake's performance and, oy. I was just talking about not doing your shtick on every single song and there he was doing it. I was afraid that's what would happen when they praised him up and down for it on the Bon Jovi song. I think it's just a sign of inexperience. I still think he adds a uniqueness to the competition and won't go home because he's Blake.

Lakisha is going home because she doesn't have a steller personality. I believe they were priming her to be TCO from the beginning until they realized that thing about her personality.

So, looks lik we're all in agreement as to who's going home!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 3:16 pm

I was really surprised Taylor won last year. I know for sure Simon liked Chris the most because he touted him on Ellen , etc.

Up until now I thought Season 3 was the worst but sheesh this is the worst hands down.

GE I completely agree with your statements about Lakisha and Jordin.
I cannot figure out for the life of me why these girls are dressing like grannys . Perplexed. So old fashioned.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 4:40 pm

I agree with you all about who is going and about the hideously ugly dresses all the gals were wearing last night.

To quote Simon: "Just ghastly!" affraid
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 4:42 pm

I am still laughing at Simon's comments. I agree that Bon Jovi week was MUCH better. Blake got his fans and Chris R.'s fan votes now and is #1 on Dial Idol. I think that is a hoot. I am glad for him.

My favorite season was last year not including the winner..ugh! I liked a lot of the cast last year and it was so diverse and fun. My favorite finale was Clay and Ruben though because honestly no one knew who would win. It was just great and they both sang their hearts out. I did want Clay to win and was upset he lost but not like FC! I liked Ruben on the show, not so much after the show. That was a great finale until the winner was announced.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 6:37 pm

Well, Season 2 was my fave because of my excitement over Clay. It was the most exciting finale because you just really didn't know who was going to win! The other seasons were pretty obvious. I do think that as a whole last season was the best group. I enjoyed most of the top 10 so very much!

Aerwin, Simon said on Oprah that he HATED Taylor! He said almost those exact same words on Ellen too. Taylor was so not TCO. Simon said he wanted Chris to win. I think Clive did too. That is why Chris has had such great promotion from the get go. He was their man. It all worked out for Chris anyway - probably for the better.

Ratings keep going down this season. TPTB had better be more careful about the talent they cast next season!

Quote :
American Idol Hits Ratings Low 7:43PM / 09.05.2007

The descent of FOX's blockbuster singing competition continued on Tuesday night as "American Idol" performance show hit its season low of 24.49 million viewers losing over a million week-to-week.

Last year at this time the show scored a much stronger 29 million viewers. Its lead-out "House," on the other hand, is doing very well with full retention in the 18-49 demo. The medical drama pulled in 21.55 million total viewers.

Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 7:21 pm

Aw, Pink looked so cute!! I liked her song too!

How cute were they in tonight's Ford commercial??!!
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 8:02 pm

Okay, there is no way Blake was really in the B2 unless Dial Idol is way off base. I think they just put him there. I am so over Melinda..ugh! Yes, she sings well but EVS!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 8:12 pm

You know SB, I never heard Ryan say anything about Blake being bottom two. He just told Jordin and Melinda they were safe - that leaves Blake and Lakiki. I paid attention to see if he said "bottom two". I am really glad it was done that way. If Melinda was in there as bottom two than the judges would have acted all outraged and riled up Melinda's fans. Now Blake's fans can be all fired up since DI had him first and AI put the scare into them. I don't know why or how TPTB want next week to pan out, but tonight is just how I wanted it to go. I SOOO did not want to hear the "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE AMERICA" speech if Melinda was announced as bottom two. I stilled cried when Kiki was standing there crying. I feel for her because I know how much she wanted this for her daughter and I am a sucker for young moms. What can I say. It was right that she was the one to go, but I still feel for her. I know she wants a better life for her little girl than the one she had. I wish her all the best in the world I love you
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 8:19 pm

Yeah, I felt really bad for her too. She has been through a lot. She gets to go on tour at least! Ryan just made it seem like Blake was B2 but I guess that is a good thing. Usually the winner though in the past couple of years never got in the B2. If it is a Jo/Mel finale ..BELH! I want to see Jo/Blake but I dunno. They seem to love Melinda. Her score was way, way lower than Blake's on DI. Who knows with AI? I honestly don't believe they have a TCO. I think they know they could market Jordin better than Melinda though. They didn't do a good job with Taylor and I don't see Melinda doing much better. I doubt they want another unsuccessful winner.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 8:43 pm

I don't think they have a real TCO either, but they do seem to think Melinda has an amazing voice and they sure don't say too much that is negative about her. If it is a Melinda/Jordin finale it will not be a very interesting finale IMHO. I really think Jordin will win no matter who she is F2 with. She does have so many good qualities that will appeal to middle America. Blake and beatboxing don't go over with a lot of people. Beautiful girl singing with powerful voice always equals success on AI. AND the songs they write for these F2 kids are always so corny!!! How will Blake beatbox to one of those god awful songs? Have you tried to picture Chris with "Do I Make You Proud"???????? affraid I shouldn't say this but I would have preferred Melinda go tonight. I am soooooooooooo over her.

True about Kelly,Carrie and Taylor never B2, BUT Fanty and Ruben were B2 and still won. The only other never B2 was Clay but somehow he didn't win Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 10:18 pm

Those final songs are hideous. I think the recapper on TwoP said it sounded like a "Golden Rule" book which totally cracked me up! Tamyra's song had to be the worst. I mean, every year it's all rainbows and puppies. Insipid. I would actually love to hear Blake do one of those songs and try to do one of his arrangements to it. That would be hysterical.

I do agree that America seems to like their Idols much plainer and straight-forward, so we'll see.

Next week will be very interesting. That's the do-or-die one.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 10:19 pm

Those final songs are hideous. I think the recapper on TwoP said it sounded like a "Golden Rule" book which totally cracked me up! Tamyra's song had to be the worst. I mean, every year it's all rainbows and puppies. Insipid. I would actually love to hear Blake do one of those songs and try to do one of his arrangements to it. That would be hysterical.

I do agree that America seems to like their Idols much plainer and straight-forward, so we'll see.

Next week will be very interesting. That's the do-or-die one.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 8:00 am

Quote :
Chris with "Do I Make You Proud"???????? affraid I shouldn't say this but I would have preferred Melinda go tonight. I am soooooooooooo over her.

Well, I think she's light years better than either of the other two, but I think she loses this week. Eh. I haven't had real affection for anybody since Sanjaya went home, and that was more about him than his singing. I do think the beat boxing is kind of cool. I like Jordin, but not when I feel she's been force-fed to me.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 8:48 am

Abrahammy, I too think Melinda has a great voice, but I cannot get into watching her perform at all. Nothing about her other than her voice appeals to me. I can't put my finger on it exactly. She seems very nice but just not interesting. I don't see her as being a very exciting concert to go to or interview to listen too. No real wow factor or charisma IMHO. For weeks I find myself not even watching her when she performs. I listen while I am reading the boards. I always watch the others, especially Blake because I figure there will be a dance move to catch and I find it amazing that people can do things like the beatboxing. I wouldn't want a CD full of beatboxing, but I do find it interesting to watch him do it and I appreciate that he brings something different to AI other than big glory notes. Big glory notes are impressive and I appreciate the talent, but it is fun to have something else sometimes. If it is a Jordin/Melinda finale I think it is going to be a lot of power belting ballads. I could be wrong, but I saw some spoilers for the songs this week and already Jordin has two power belting songs - one a Whitney song she has already done. Blake is doing Roxanne (Paula's choice) which I am already more excited about than more Whitney. Of course these spoilers could be wrong.

Oh, and even if Blake sucks it will still be more interesting to me than MORE Whitney lol!
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 1:29 pm

Quote :
Oh, and even if Blake sucks it will still be more interesting to me than MORE Whitney

I agree with you about this and the glory notes. yeah, it's nice, but...

I think they call it the Mariah Carey-tization of music. Where every song has to have the runs and the glory note and all that stuff. EVERY song. Does nobody know subtlety anymore? Celine Dion, I'm looking at you. I appreciate her voice technically, but she seems to miss the meaning of the song in the process (something that I found with Kat McPhee). Even David Foster said it. You're telling a story with the song. I'd rather a voice be interesting than technically good.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 6:40 pm

Quote :
Blake is doing Roxanne (Paula's choice) which I am already more excited about than more Whitney.

He is?

That's genius. That... that's a really, really amazing song choice, and he'll knock it out of the park.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 7:21 pm

Well, it is in the spoiler thread at The Clack House that Roxanne is the song that Paula picked for Blake. I hope it is true and I hope you are right that he knocks it out of the ball park! I really want him in the final two.

This is the week they do 3 songs. I wonder what song Blake picked for himself? I think Clive picks the other song. Should be interesting to see what good old Clive picks for everyone Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 10:35 pm

Vincent1 Vincent! Vincent!

(Firecracker throws something heavy at Abrahammy.)
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 12:08 am

It's true that Paula picked Roxanne. It was announced by the mayor of Bothell when Blake was being honored by his hometown. Blake looked happy about that. FC, I'd like to see him in the final two as well, but he said he thinks Jordin is going to win.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 6:22 am

Hi Janice! Thanks for the info. Glad to hear it is true. I'm happy that he is happy about it! I think he is right that Jordin with win, but for him being the runner up is still a major accomplishment when you consider that he is not what middle America usually votes for on AI. Honestly, even coming in 3rd is wonderful, just it does not assure him any record deal Sad

I wouldn't throw anything at you Abrahammy, just smack you upside the head Razz ! That is the song that Clay picked from the bowl. I personally think that was the only damn song in the bowl Mad Awful song IMHO. Still, he sang it beautifully, until the part they changed on him at the last minute. But he looked gorgeous as he sat there with no words coming out of his mouth Laughing At least they stopped doing the "pick from a bowl" song selection. Paula really likes and gets Blake so I am glad she was the judge that picked his song.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 2:31 pm

Sanjaya dancing with drag queens Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2GCtUL6hH0
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 3:41 pm

I don't know if you guys heard, but when I heard the teaser "former AI contestant robbed at gunpoint" I stayed to watch. Turns out it was a first-season person and she was working at an IHOP a mere 5 minutes away from me. They put a gun to her head and robbed the place as it was closing. She says she was thinking about her "album which is about to com out" and that she might be dead soon. I think they've all said at one point or another. Not the dead thing, but the "album coming out" thing.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 7:08 pm

Wow, all 3 of them did an amazing job. They all deserve to be in the finals. I have a feeling Blake may have a tough time making it after the incredible vocal performances the girls gave tonight. AI is so much about the belting power singers and boy both those girls delivered big time tonight IMHO. I still hope for Blake and Jordin, but Melinda really showed more range and style tonight than she ever did before. She's usually not my cuppa, but her second song was something I would buy in a heartbeat. Oh well, off to vote my fingers to the bone for Blake so I can at least say I tried to get him in the final two. Later ladies!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 7:34 pm

I'm getting thru on Blake's second number. The first one was always busy. This is the night where you get the contestant's recorded thank you. Blake is so grateful to me tonight!! Razz

oops, now I am getting all busy signals on the second number. Guess I will try the 3rd number!
Back to top Go down
southernbelle

southernbelle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 8:06 pm

I didn't watch AI tonight because I had a Bunko group I was in. Was Blake bad? What did they all sing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next