Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+10
Janice
Green Eyez
Sky
Luca
muse
austin
abrahammy
southernbelle
frazzle
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 12:12 am

Quote :
we can't call Jeff guilty out of hand, but Simon, Ryan, Paula and Randy get paid to say things that Nigel and the gang want

God love ya, Abrahammy.

I agree.

Gossip rags will sometimes take a story that's really small and ramp it up to 5,000. That is absolutely right.

Nigel, et. al. are all very lovely people. They may even care about their contestants. But they're also selling a product. An image. I believe they will do anything and everything to maintain that image. AI is a tremendous money maker. HUGE.

Does anybody remember when Simon was the one who saved Goat Girl and she was HORRIBLE and Simon found something really nice to say about her performance week after week, because he couldn't admit he was wrong?

AI is a machine. They sell a product. They're all about clean-cut American Pie. Period.

So, I do not believe that gossip bloggers are just WRONG all the time because I may think (and I personally don't) that what they do is creepy and bad. It has been proven that the stars' publicists call the paparazzi and tell them to be at a certain restaurant. It's been proven that many tip-offs come from inside the stars' camp. I mean with "Dog the Bounty Hunter" his own son taped the conversation. Who do you think leaked Alec Baldwin's telephone message? I mean, it was left on his daughter's private phone!

If someone OBJECTIVE comes along and knows the situation, I'll believe them.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 12:57 pm

I usually take a "wait and see" attitude towards the more benign celebrity gossip - like dating, marriage, divorce, baby stories. Most of the time, it's about the celebrity wanting to get the story out in his or her own way and in his or her own time.

Jason Castro attended church this Easter

Quote :
Jason Castro from American Idol was in church this morning! One of the high school staff guys knew him from back in a day, so we all got together and connected for the service and a meal.

The little girl in the picture is his sister.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:41 pm

Jason Castro is a real cutie and very talented. To hear the studio recordings of all the singers compared to the show performances......well there just isn't any comparison............. The recordings are very good!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 3:57 pm

Sky, Which song of Jason's did they use for the studio recording?
Link please? bounce
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:33 pm

Luca wrote:
Sky, Which song of Jason's did they use for the studio recording?
Link please? bounce

This site has the best quality downloads. I will pm it to you, since the site owner doesn't want it posted online................
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:38 pm

The studio recordings only started the first night of the Beatles. Carly's is amazing on Blackbird. I only took Blackbird of Carly's, both of Brooke White, David Cook, Michael Johns and Jasons. I did take Amanda's, but her voice sounds way different and I don't like it. I love David Cook, but the more I hear Jason..........he's running close behind!

The other links I have are posted here somewhere, but I can repost them to make it easier.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Other links that I have.......sorry, they are not clickable because I copy and pasted them here as a group.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/2801743/27475c99/sharing.html

http://itsnotthatserious.wordpress.com/

http://www.jonnyalisblog.com/
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Thanks so much Sky!
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 9:36 pm

Thanks Sky! I love you
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:38 pm

Spoiler list for tonight's show!!

I hope this list is true and I am dying to hear David Cook's "Billie Jean"!

Syesha Mercado -- 1987's "If I Were Your Woman" by Stephanie Mills
David Cook -- 1983's "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson
Carly Smithson -- 1983's "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler
Chikezie -- 1985's "If Only For One Night" by Luther Vandross
Brooke White -- 1983's "Every Breath You Take" by The Police
Jason Castro -- 1987's "Fragile" by Sting
Ramiele Malubay -- 1987's "Alone" by Heart
Michael Johns -- 1978's "We Are the Champions" by Queen
Kristy Lee Cook -- 1984's "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood
David Archuleta -- 1990's "You're the Voice" by David Foster with Jeff Pescetto
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 4:09 pm

List looks good. I guess the year of birth has brought some good songs out.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 4:28 pm

There seems to be quite a bit of angst over "Fragile" on the Jason fanboards. I don't know the song myself, but apparently it's a slow song and people are afraid he'll get the dreaded "Boring, you need to change it up" criticism from Simon.
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 4:42 pm

Fragile, by Sting

Damn this song is beautiful and haunting.

Check out all the Jason comments!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 5:11 pm

Yes it is! One of my fave Sting songs. I love him and The Police and have gone to see them in concert. For me Jason will have a hard time coming close to the beauty that is Sting's voice. I like a lot about Jason, but the vocals are lacking for me. Maybe tonight he will do well. It's a great song and hopefully Simon will not call it boring. I hope Jason plays his guitar while singing. That would make it more special.

If you want to read the spoiler just highlight the white letters.
ETA: OK, at the risk of having all the Jason fans throw things at me - I couldn't agree with Simon more. That was a dud. I know he looks like Travolta but does he really need to have the Vinnie Bobarino persona? I'm sorry, he is not a stupid young man, why does he act like that? I am not saying he is phony or acting, but frankly if that is what he really is like he would drive me up a frickin wall! People thought Pickler acted dumb Rolling Eyes This boy has a lot of gifts - he needs to start using them to his full potential because cute is only going to go so far in the real "end of Idol" world.

I am sure you are all annoyed with me now, but I had huge hope for this kid when this show started. I am just disappointed Crying or Very sad

AETA: EEEEKKK!! Michael Johns was freaking awesome!! cheers He finally had his moment!! Good on ya mate!

Last edited by firecracker on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 7:02 pm

I haven't seen the show yet, but that's okay, it doesn't bother me to hear ones opinion on if they did well or didn't do well. It's when they vote someone out that I don't want to know beforehand.

I listened to Sting's "Fragile".............Not having read any comments, I don't think this is a good selection for Jason. Darn it....I like him too. I'm surprised he chose such a slow song.

FC, no one is going to throw anything at you for voiceing your opinion. Not here anyway!

I'm leaving now, so feel free to discuss away. I won't be back on until the show is over here. Smile

Oh, and I've been waiting for Michael to do Queen!!!! Yay for him!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 7:14 pm

Oh Sky, I know they won't really throw things Razz but I know lots here like Jason and I think he gets a wee bit worse every week and I really don't like the whole "duh" persona in the interviews. I feel like I am watching a character in a Valley Girl movie.

-------
Suite à un grand nombre de réponses, ce sujet a été automatiquement divisé. Vous pouvez retrouver la suite de ce sujet ici :
https://wizened.editboard.com/viewtopic.forum?t=81
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40