Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
aerwin
Lau
Sky
frazzle
Luca
abrahammy
firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426
Registration date : 2007-04-04

American Idol - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:45 pm

40 minutes in, I just got home and started watching...saw archuletta sing something and get absurdly praised. I will go to rickie and see if the videos for the first part of the show are up...

David Cook is great..they know it...I am sickened just hearing that they have been tossing Cook under the bus..

Trashing Chakezie, even if I still do not know how to spell his name, bothers me much more profoundly, personally. But I will have to see what you are referring to before I work up a true boil.

First boil: I restrain myself about Simon, mostly because I know his hideousness has a lot to do with AI being a success.

But I think he is a cruel, obnoxious, lying, cheating, motherfucker, and I always have.

Just so ya know.

Just saw him pull his bullshit on DC's 3rd song.

I really hate Simon. "I'm just going to be honest" bullshit bullshit bullshit..what he ought to say is "I'm just going to see if I can manipulate millions. It only did not work once, regarding Taylor Hicks, and I will never allow my non chosen one to win again. I hate humans. So do what I tell you so I can be happy."

Last edited by frazzle on Tue May 20, 2008 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:52 pm

Frazz, it is after the 3rd song that things get really out of hand. Archie sings Imagine and you would have thought the heavens opened up and doves and roses fell from the sky Rolling Eyes

You know, they could have said they were both great and thank them for a great season and let people vote. But no- they have to say Archie is the greatest singer ever, blah, blah, blah, puke silent
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:00 pm

OK, I know I do not have the phone stamina of a 13 year old, but by fuckity fuck, I am going to vote at least 20 times for DC tonight. I have

What are his numbers?

SInce I missed the numbers I will go google, but if you see this and know them or where to find them, please do post!

DANG rickey.org which posts the numbers is down.

I found these numbers:
1-866-436-5701
1-866-436-5703
1-866-436-5705

I am assuming they are the right numbers. Just dialed in rotation a total of 20 times. Did not get through, ever.

If I remember, i will do another 20 in about an hour.

I might not remember, because my pissed-off-ness is real, but not deep.

Last edited by frazzle on Tue May 20, 2008 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:08 pm

1-866-43657-01
1-866-43657-03
1-866-43657-05

Thanks Frazz!

And I agree! I officially HATE Simon now! HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a complete and total DICK!!!!!!!!!

Man, I can't get on DI or the DC board. Everything is crashing tonight! Shocked
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:14 pm

Thanks, FC!.

I just cant dial every 5 seconds if it will not go through, but I hope I do try again at about 10:15 my time, in an hour).

Only celebrity I do not know personally that I hate more than Simon is Woody Allen. And him I hate profoundly.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:17 pm

Good luck!

I couldn't get through the whole first hour. Had better luck in the third hour. It is 11:15 here and I need to get to bed.

Hope you get some votes in!

I do not like Woody either No Very creepy man.

Good night! I love you
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:19 pm

Good night, FC. Hopefully I will do you and DC proud.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:33 pm

You can't tell me the judges aren't scripted. Simon saying round 1, round 2, round 3 and Knock Out for DA wasn't scripted? Tied in with the whole boxing theme. Bunch of BULLSHIT! Did you get the feeling David Cook knew what was happening even before this started? Because I did and so did hubby and he doesn't read anything about the show. I hated DA's Imagine just as much as I did the first time he sang it. I'm surprised they didn't put a halo on his head. HOLY CRAP! I'll vote as much as I can, if I can get through, because I haven't so far. I am in a real pissy mood now............
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:04 pm

Sky, I am with you.

On every count.

I think I will start dialing again now.

OK, I got through on first call!
Amended: I can only get through on cell phone (PAY) and not on land line (free)...this conspiracy is BIG.

Ok, up to 7 calls that have gone through on cell phone, one on land line. Boy it pisses me off that a kid would have gotten in several hundred texts to my 7 calls.

They said the lines would be open for 4 hours. So I will do another round (hopefully from landline, in a half an hour).

I hope David A wins, at this point, just to spite AI, but I do not want DC to go out in a landslide.
Actually, it will piss me off equally, if DC wins due to people like me falling for the AI/Simon bullshit and reacting against it. Being controlled in any direction is why this all pisses me off.

Last edited by frazzle on Tue May 20, 2008 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:16 pm

Gee, Ya Think? I've managed to get through too a few times, still trying........American Idol - Page 7 Mad
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:55 pm

American Idol - Page 7 098
American Idol - Page 7 81181890
American Idol - Page 7 81181893
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:01 am

I got in 33 calls. It is 11 pm, and I have to go to sleep.

I hope David Cook either wins or doesn't win according to whatever the cosmos knows will suit him best.

He is really great.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 5:50 am

YAY for Frazz getting some votes in!! Thank you so much for helping the DC cause!!

Sky, those pix made me cry all over again Crying or Very sad I LOVE that young man so much it isn't funny. He has touched me with his amazing talent and his wonderful spirit. Much like Clay has. DC is by far by second fave AI contestant ever and my current fave performer. Clay will always be my fave voice because there is just no voice like his, but I will probably enjoy DC's music a little more.

I am holding out hope for DC because he came in WAY ahead of Archie on DI and pulled ahead on ZabaSearch just after midnight. They will have their final sometime this morning. If DC shows ahead on both DI and ZS and does not win - I will 100% believe the fix is in on AI.

I woke up at 5:30 AM this morning still madder than HELL at the way last night was handled. I do not think I can forgive Simon or TPTB this time. I truly don't know what I will do about watching next year. I love to find new talent, but I do not know if I can watch these kids treated like this again. Danny, Jason and DC all treated very wrong. Did you know that not only did they not invite Danny to the finale but when Danny called and asked for tix just to be in the audience he was told "no, we are full!"? Danny is very upset and I do not blame him. I bet Simon was too afraid to have a young gay man too close to him!

I also have an issue with the situation with Adam Cook. Here this young man is dying and wants so much to come to the finale to see his little Bro. So twice the home town has to find ways to raise money for this. Can someone tell me why with all the 100s of millions of $$$$ between Nigel, Simon, Ryan, Randy etc. NONE of those people contributed to bring Adam to the show? I think that is horrible! Yes, I know they wouldn't want others in the future to think they would pay to bring relatives. But you would think when one of the contestants is final 2 and the brother is so close to death that they would WANT to do something.

I really hate TPTB today! Mad
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 6:40 am

There is just something that bothers me.............David Cook didn't quite seem himself lastnight. I can't pinpoint it though. Was he just overly nervous or stressed out or worried for his brother? He still sang beautifully though. Also, did you see Simon's wink? Now, presuming David Cook wins, was all this planned to go this way? Build up archie, so more people vote for Cook?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 6:48 am

A lot of people on the Clay boards think that it was about firing up DC's fans. Even if that is true, it is wrong. I want the judges critiques to be fair and honest. Why literally embarrass one of the contestants on what should be an amazing night and experience for them?

I agree that something was off with DC. I can only imagine how overwhelming his situation is right now. His hopes and dreams on the verge of becoming his reality, while a beloved brother's life, hopes and dreams are coming to an end. How does one feel happy for himself while watching his brother die? While watching his SIL become a widow? While watching his little nieces and nephews become fatherless? I cannot even begin to imagine the range of emotions DC is feeling right now. Or his parents No That is also why the behavior of the judges feels like a punch in the gut. Have I mentioned I HATE them right now??

Oh, so the "biggest star in the world right now!!!!" is - drum roll please - George Michael!!! Shocked Suspect Rolling Eyes Laughing Razz

I suppose that is why Archie sang "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me", so he can duet with GM.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:02 am

Now, I think I will puke.................... George Michael???????
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:05 am

I don't agree that DC was thrown under the bus last night.

I think the reason David A. was so lavishly praised last night was because he deserved it. The kid really sang his heart out.

David C is going to sell lots of records though.

This season is going to be a huge win all around for AI.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:36 am

Well, let's just say I could not disagree with you more on both accounts Razz I do NOT think Archie is the greatest thing to hit that stage. NO freaking way.

Quote :

blog.zap2it.com

'American Idol' Finale: The Davids Enter the Ring

Quote:
Singer: DAVID ARCHULETA
Song: "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me"
My Take: Bono's tough, but Little David's challenge is also monumental since he's got to conquer both Elton John and Clay Aiken. The Claymates will be glad to hear me say that as solid as Archuleta is, he lacks the revelatory quality that Clay brought to this one. I'm a cold-hearted man, but Clay stirred something in me. Archuleta doesn't make me feel anything. But don't get me wrong, he absolutely sounds great. Yes, he's made every stinking song this season into a soaring ballad, but his voice better fills the arena tonight. Clive's two picks were really spot on and neither singer let him down, but did either Finalist do better than you'd have predicted? Both of them did exactly what I'd have imagined they'd have done.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:07 am

Taken from Bettersworld.com --

Let's be honest here. American Idol is losing credibility as each week goes by. For all intents and purposes, the show is fixed. Or, it's attempted to be fixed. It's a great concept. Have contestants perform, and let the American public decide who the winner is. Unfortunately, the judges tend to get in the way. The Tuesday night show was a perfect example of this. The judges comments were so obviously orchestrated. Anyone watching should be able to tell that the judges already knew going into the show which way they were going to slant their comments. They did all that they could possibly do to help David Archuleta.

The question is, why? We're they trying to insure that Archuleta wins? Or were they trying to make the vote close? Going into this week, David Cook was almost a 3-1 favorite to win. Clearly the judges have access to the vote tallies each week and have a good idea of how far apart the contestants are from each other. The odds are also a great indication of which way the public as a whole, is leaning. Betting, is simply voting with money. The more people that bet on one side, the higher the odds go.

The judges comments were meant to scare away Cook voters. The comments were aimed at the viewer who was on the fence about voting. That perhaps was considering voting for Cook, but after the comments on the show, figured, why bother, he has no chance. It's equivalent to someone staying home on election day because the news outlets are predicting a landslide.

We did mention last week that we thought the price was too high on Cook, and that there was value with Archuleta. If you agreed, and took the better than 2-1 odds on Archuleta, you're sitting pretty right now.

It will be interesting to see if the judges comments have the desired effect. It's still early, but the Dial Idol results an hour after the show ended favor David Cook. Cook is clearly the more talented of the two and will sell tons more records (ok, cd's) than Archuleta. Cook was able to perform well no matter what genre they were doing any given week. He even did well when the theme was Broadway show tunes. The kid is incredibly talented and without a doubt appeals to a much broader audience.

Archuleta, on the other hand, is a good singer, but it ends there. He is not a good performer. Whether he wins or not, he will more than likely go the way of past Idol winners that never really made it. While Mr. Cook will no doubt have success along the same lines as Chris Daughtry. He's that good. Honestly folks, if you're going to shell out a few bucks to see a performance, who are you going to pay to see? Are you going to pay to see David Cook perform, sing, play the guitar, rock out and slow it down? Or are you going to pay to listen to David Archuleta sing ballads for two hours?

Check back Wednesday afternoon. We'll update the odds to win and see which way the money is going, and we'll give you our official prediction on the winner based on our research. http://www.bettorsworld.com/idol-winner.htm
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:19 am

Excellent article Sky! Thanks for bringing it here! I agree with every word 1000%
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:27 am

Quote :
Clive's two picks were really spot on and neither singer let him down,
Was the cryptkeeper involved? WHY? he was asked to step down at Sony. he is part of the reason the music business is in the shambles it is in right now. His "taste" in music. As you know I haven't watched but I REALLY do not think it matters who wins. Seriously. The prrof is in the pudding from past winners.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:28 am

Lau wrote:
Quote :
I don't agree that DC was thrown under the bus last night.

I think the reason David A. was so lavishly praised last night was because he deserved it. The kid really sang his heart out.

David C is going to sell lots of records though.
\
I think the judges definitively picking the "winner" before the world has a chance to vote is just kind of weird. It could very well be come back to bite them though and cause more people to vote for DC. You just never know. Twisted Evil The show is so manipulative, sometimes I wonder what outcome they really are trying to achieve.

However, I totally agree David A. performed at a level that I have not seen him do yet this season. He did kick things up a notch and he was totally "in the zone" dawg...I know many people here hate him, but-I think he is an amazing prodigy and now has shown he is ready to tackle a career in the music business IMO. David C. did not have his usual fire and seemed worn out. I don't know why Simon needed to point it out though...that seemed inappropriate too.

I have always thought David C. is too good to win Idol, no doubt in overall talent, he is much more talented than DA...I truely believe he will be better off coming in second...and have much more credibility in the biz.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:20 am

Quote :
I do NOT think Archie is the greatest thing to hit that stage. NO freaking way.

Who said I said that? And I don't understand why Clay is a part of this discussion. This is about what happened last night.

Quote :
I think the judges definitively picking the "winner" before the world has a chance to vote is just kind of weird.

But that has been the set up on this show from Day 1. I don't like it either, but the American public seems to gobble it up.

Luca, I'm another non-David A hater. I'm going to enjoy watching how he progresses.

David C. is a fine rocker, but his style just doesn't draw me in. But I admire him for singing that last song like he did last night.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:24 am

I also wanted to respond to these two questions in Sky's post:

Quote :
Are you going to pay to see David Cook perform, sing, play the guitar, rock out and slow it down?

No

Quote :
Or are you going to pay to listen to David Archuleta sing ballads for two hours?

No
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:10 am

I would pay to see Cook sing and I would pay to buy anything he records. I wouldn't for Archuleta. In fact, I don't care to even watch/listen to him perform again.

I would MOST DEFINITELY pay to see Jason Cook and will buy anything he records!!!!!!!!!!!

It's nice having the freedom to express our opinions without causing a major problem for anyone. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 7 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next