Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Idol

Go down 
+7
aerwin
Lau
Sky
frazzle
Luca
abrahammy
firecracker
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

American Idol - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:19 am

I fail to see why everyone is so upset. I didn't watch last night so I can't judge for myself but people I know who did say Archie brought it last night and Cookie was slightly off. It's all about the expectations and I imagine the judges thought Cookie would wipe the floor with Archie. Archie has the better voice but Cookie's musicianship and performance skills beat Archie's considerably. Much of that is due to age, maturity and experience.

But buck up, people. Cookie is getting a contract and TPTB at Idol love him. That was going to happen no matter where he finished. Same thing with Archie. If Archie doesn't win, there's no need to wring your hands. He's getting a contract too.

I'm with the Clayfans who think the bad critiques for Cookie were all about getting the fanbase riled up.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:25 am

http://www.zabasearch.com/ai_stats.php

Zabasearch has Cook ahead by a small margin, but ahead!!
Back to top Go down
aerwin

Number of posts : 716

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:44 am

Like I said before it does not matter who wins.
Fantasia won but who is more sucessful? Jennifer Hudson
Taylor Hicks won but Daughtery is more popular. Ruben won Clay is more of a star. I could go on and on but I don't need to. I think it is one reason the show is not as popular. It doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:59 am

I know it doesn't matter who wins. Cook has that star quality and will do very well. It's just when someone wants to win and he is a favorite, you want him to win!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:00 pm

aerwin wrote:
Like I said before it does not matter who wins.
Fantasia won but who is more sucessful? Jennifer Hudson
Taylor Hicks won but Daughtery is more popular. Ruben won Clay is more of a star. I could go on and on but I don't need to. I think it is one reason the show is not as popular. It doesn't matter.

That's a very fine point aerwin. I never thought of it that way.

The funny thing is the show is still #1 on Tuesdays in the ratings. Wednesday, I'm not so sure of. Their numbers are down, but if they're still #1 then lots of tv numbers are down.

Quote :
I know it doesn't matter who wins. Cook has that star quality and will do very well. It's just when someone wants to win and he is a favorite, you want him to win!

That also makes a lot of sense.

I guess because I had no real favorite this year I was able to sit back and just watch the weeks unfold. I really enjoyed last night's show. Honestly, I liked hearing all the songs. It was a free night of some very good entertainment for me.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:24 pm

Number 1: Lau, I never said you said that. The judges "acted" like Archie was the best EVER!

Number 2: Clay? All I remember is bringing up he was my fave voice. I have no idea why that is an issue scratch

Number 3: The problem MOST people have with last night was not that "Cook was off or Archie was on". It was the way Archie was waaaaaaaaaaay over the top praised and Cook being treated like her performed badly or forgot the words or fell off the damn stage or something. I HATE when they act like we all should damn well know who to vote for!

Number 4: Both DI and ZabaSearch say Cook won so AI had better announce Cook the winner!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:47 pm

American Idol - Page 8 Cook_023
American Idol - Page 8 Top2_23
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:58 pm

They didn't mean George Michael
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:24 pm

So I guess by "biggest" Nigel meant "tallest"? Razz

Either way, I love RDJ to bits and GM ain't half bad either!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 6:20 pm

OMG! DC looks amazing tonight and his voice on "Hero" was spectacular!! God I love his voice!

ETA: Aw, Jason was fabulous! That was just so emotional.

Carly and MJ!! WOW! This really was an awesome season!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:26 pm

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guitar Hero vid

Just in case any of you want to see it again. I'm only looking at things that don't give away the results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfieqankw2c
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:49 pm

The Guitar Hero commercials were great. I didn't have my glasses on and I thought I was seeing things at first.

BTW - there were 2 of them, one for each finalist. Very clever!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:59 pm

Yes, the commercial with Cook was hot! and funny! I felt a little weird watching little Archie in his undies though Razz

I really thought the show was excellent tonight. GM and his song were awesome!

The Davids seem to have a great relationship. DC acts very much the big brother.
Back to top Go down
Luca

Luca

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:20 pm

Well, where is all the celebrating????? Question Exclamation Question

Where are all the fireworks, firecrackers, and confetti????

It was a great show...and David owes a lot to Mr. Cowell. His strategy worked like a charm! And I'm so glad he did it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 12:12 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

What a show, what a night, what a great WINNER!!!

American Idol - Page 8 81195823
American Idol - Page 8 81195968
American Idol - Page 8 81195979
American Idol - Page 8 81196442_10
American Idol - Page 8 Cookyundies
American Idol - Page 8 More13
American Idol - Page 8 Show03
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 12:55 am

Let' see..I am not very good at putting the ainimated stuff in..in fact I do not know how to use outside emoticons.
Embarassed

So:

Very Happy Laughing Rolling Eyes Wink I love you alien bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers sunny albino cherry rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek flower afro elephant study lol! bounce bounce bounce bounce

My bad feelings about Simon intensified as he tried to make himself look good.

I really hate Simon. I firmly believe he was so harsh last night precisely because at the last minute he thought David A would win. Then when he realized today that David Cook was going to win he wanted people only to remember that he recently said David Cook would win.

ASSSSSHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE.

Jason did really well on Halleluja tonight. I profoundly want him out of the whole AI universe, though.

Somebody I would maybe go to see, depending on what the show was: Danny Noriega. I hope something absolutely wonderful comes his way...maybe a recurring role on Ugly Betty as a singer Betty's nephew gets a crush on.

David Cook really does seem like a very decent human. I hope I never find out otherwise. I was moved by pretty much everything he did tonight.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 5:45 am

Quote :
The Davids seem to have a great relationship. DC acts very much the big brother.

It does seem that way. And I still think both of them will do very well as a result of the results....
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 5:52 am

Oh thanks so much for the beautiful pix Sky!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you

I love that young man beyond all reason!! I love you Embarassed He is such a joy for me at this time I cannot tell you! Watching him and rooting for him has given me something so positive to think about the last few weeks while I have had to deal with my saddness Crying or Very sad I have rewound my tape and watched him win about 12 times so far. I will watch it again and again for the next several days I know. What a glorious moment! When he cried - OMG I became a mess. I simply love everything about him. Yes Frazz - he seems like a wonderful human being. I pray for much success and happiness for him. I also pray he is able to deal with the impending tragic loss that is about to happen for him. I never knew what losing someone you love so dearly can do to you. It can be unbearable at times and so overwhelming. My heart is heavy for that family. What a roller coaster they have been on.

I agree Frazz. My opinion of Simon is forever changed. The apology was to save face because he knew. What he did Tuesday night was unfair to both of them. Even if his plan was to get more votes for DC he still ruined what should have been a wonderful night for DC and he built up that poor kid's hopes so high of winning with all the OTT praise. I am sure Archie's heart was breaking last night, but he seemed truly happy for DC and DC seems to love the kid. I think DC will take good care of him on the tour.

All and all, last night's show was excellent and just a happy, happy night!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:30 am

EEEKK! Here is DC's single! It is freaking amazing!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe how good this is for an AI coronation single!! I am in tears again! I will be playing this all day!

http://www.popeater.com/2008/05/22/david-cook-the-time-of-my-life-song-premiere/

To download the extended version of the undie commercial!

http://www.mediafire.com/?wotmtmn3a2o

Upcoming DC appearances: (Will add dates as I find them)

Leno tonight May 22nd
LKL with the top 12 on the 23rd
Regis on the 27th
Today Show the 29th

Awesome pix you can biggie are here! Damn! He is pretty!! They all are. What a beautiful and talented bunch.

http://david-fan.net/imgs/thumbnails.php?album=67&page=2

I am so happy today! What an amazing feeling to have the contestant you adore and wanted to win since Top 16 actually win!

I read where some critics feel DC will be the male Kelly Clarkson. He already has a huge foreign following (I knew that from the DC board I go to) and many male fans. Also DJs and radio love him. I know it is too soon to know, but I love hearing so much positive talk about him.

Great interview! He is so mature and grounded. SWOON!

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20007164_20171835_20201771,00.html

DC's Disney commercial!

Another great write-up about last night! He loved Jason last night too!

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20007164_20171835_20201684,00.html
Back to top Go down
Green Eyez

Green Eyez

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:40 am

Bringing some of my favorite stuff from the EW article above:

Quote :
Okay, okay, that was uncalled for and unacceptable. But admit it: You're kind of excited. And despite all the irritations and indignities of the season — the blatant producer manipulation, the fusty theme nights and mentors, the Paulagate incident (and lack of follow-up apology), Randy's excruciatingly limited vocabulary, the too often inexplicable order of contestant elimination — you're probably not going to follow through on your annual resolution to ''never watch another episode of this damn show ever again!''

Quote :
Similarly, while Jason Castro got a slightly dismissive intro from Ryan (something about his lack of interview skills, followed by a throwaway comment about his ''pleasant'' performances) and some utterly bizarre camera angles (cue Nigel directing his crew to shoot the dreadlocked dude from behind, and at a distance of no less than 200 paces), his repeat performance of ''Hallelujah'' was (amazingly enough) even more touching than his wondrous version from week 3 of the semifinals. I kinda wished Idol had hooked Jason up with a worthy duet partner, or encouraged him to choose a new and unexpected song for the season finale, but in the end, I was cheering as hard in my living room as Melinda Doolittle and Teri Hatcher did at the Nokia.

Quote :
Oh, and speaking of airplay, who else wants Carly Smithson and Michael Johns to head to the studio — without passing ''go'' and without collecting $200 — to record their bluesy rendition of ''The Letter''? The two foreign-born contestants, who dominated the preseason ''semipro'' conversation, and who sometimes struggled to find their musical personas during their Idol journeys, created some serious heat together tonight — and not just because Carly's armor-esque minidress and Michael's black suit were among the show's sartorial highlights. Michael clearly benefits when he infuses his standard rock sound with a little bit of soul. And freed from the need to seek Daddy Simon's approval, Carly looked and sounded like she was having the time of her life, instead of trying to prove to all of us that she was having the time of her life. (Which gets me thinking: Carly and Michael doing ''(I've Had) the Time of My Life,'' from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack — 2009 chart-topper?)

Quote :
That said, Jordin looked adorable (as usual), and seeing season 6 runner-up Blake Lewis mouthing the words to his one-time rival's song gives me one more reason to plug his sadly underappreciated album Audio Day Dream. (As for that Disney ''Idol Experience'' Jordin was plugging, let's hope it involves a cranky British person hurling cruel barbs at delusional children, prompting them to focus on their studies and quit thinking that fame belongs on a list with life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.)

Quote :
Still, as much as Rocker David's win warmed my heart, I got an even bigger charge seeing him surrounded by his 11 fellow finalists on the platform behind the judges. There was David Hernandez, the undeniably handsome fella who had whispered the word ''naked'' with such unabashed cheesiness during the George Michael medley. And Chikezie, who had approached the night's group performances like a shy family member suddenly getting his freak on on the dance floor at your cousin's wedding. And Amanda Overmyer, stoic to the end, just the way you wanted her to be. And Kristy Lee Cook, unstoppable country crooner, the woman who kinda sorta won me over even after putting ''Eight Days a Week'' through the musical meat grinder. Whether you loved 'em, downloaded 'em, or trash-talked 'em on our message boards, the whole delicious smorgasbord of a season wouldn't have been the same without 'em.

The fact that the right singer took home the big prize, well, that was just gravy.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Thought everyone might enjoy this.

DC going to Disney
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 1:08 pm

Thanks Lau. I put it on the previous page so I did see it, but it was so nice of you to bring it here too! I watched it again!! Such a freaking doll that boy!!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 2:15 pm

Oh, I'm sorry FC, I missed seeing that on the other page. Lots of stuff going on today.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 2:57 pm

No problem! Bring anything you find! I'm slightly obsessed with all things Cookie today!

Here is DC's new MySpace! So cool!

http://www.myspace.com/officialdavidcook
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:32 pm

David Cook's new single goes right to #1 on iTunes 2:11PM / 22.05.2008

It's been up less than 24 hours and David Cook's AI single "The Time of My Life" has landed in the #1 spot! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol   American Idol - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol
Page 8 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next