Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clay News!

Go down 
+10
Sky
Green Eyez
austin
muse
frazzle
Janice
abrahammy
southernbelle
Admin
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Clay News! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 7:39 am

Really nice write up about Clay at Stub Hub along with info on Xmas concert tix here:

http://www.stubhub.com/clay-aiken-tickets/

I was a bad girl this week not bringing Clay news here. So here is a recap of things from this week.

Clay blogged at the OFC! Twice. The first blog was that he spent last weekend in NYC. He saw The Color Purple on Broadway and he could not rave enough about Fantasia's performance! He was blown away by her.

Also, he had lunch last Saturday with Tyra Banks. He did not tell us that but Tyra did. I love that he is close friends with such a big "super model/TV star", who seems to be a genuinely nice lady. Not to mention gorgeous!! They dine together often. I sure wish the photogs would get pix of them out together. I would love to see how they look together when out as friends. I bet they look so cute! Tall super white freckly boy with big black glamazon!!

Also, there was a big fuss this week on the fanboards because Kim Locke said that she, Ruben and Clay were going to tour together this upcoming spring/summer in the "AI2 - reunited 5 years later tour". No kidding - she called it that and that they would be singing duets and trios Suspect

The Clay boards went nuts at the thought of him doing this. Thought it was a big step backwards, bad business decision, yada, yada, yada. Clay didn't even know Kim put this in a Billboard interview and press release. When he read the comments to his first blog from fans wanting to know if he was doing this tour instead of working on his new CD or going out on a solo summer tour, he answered in his second blog that NO WAY was he doing a tour like the one Kim spoke of. The no way all in caps was the way Clay wrote it in his blog. He seemed upset that Kim would announce something like this when he never committed to it. He said it was something she mentioned to him months ago in passing and that was it.

I say the girl was desperate for buzz since her new CD has bombed. He must have had words with her because she left a nasty message about it on her My Space and removed him from her "Friends". That is fine. I don't think he needs a friend who would go into great detail about him touring with her when he wasn't and didn't even know she told the world he was. I can sure see why he would be upset since it didn't take long for Djs to make the "Clay must be getting desperate if he has to tour with Kim and Ruben" comments.

BTW, in Clay's blog he put the blame on the media not checking facts rather than blaming Kim. Always the gentleman. She however was quite immature in the way she handled herself. Not that surprised after cathcing her a few times on Celebrity Fit Club - whiny with a potty mouth, and I caught a You Tube of her singing in her underwear on a gay cruise ship Shocked It was rather er, um, interesting Rolling Eyes

So that is about it for this week! Can't wait for the next tour to start up!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 9:24 am

Quote :

I say the girl was desperate for buzz since her new CD has bombed. He must have had words with her because she left a nasty message about it on her My Space and removed him from her "Friends".

Wow. Kim Locke needed publicity so she tried to ride on her friend's tails, and when he refused she stopped being his friend.

Wow. Used to like her. I think he made the right decision, honestly. It might have been good for Kim and Ruben, but it would have been a disaster for Clay. Maybe Ruben and Kim can do it by themselves; I wonder if they were counting on Clay, their star, to sell all the tickets.
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 9:24 am

FWIW, according to Liz Smith's column, Tyra already has a boyfriend - a businessman named John so she and Clay are probably just good friends. The column didn't say how serious this new boyfriend is though.

Also, Clay's still on Kim's friends list, he's just not on the first page anymore. I think someone at the Clackhouse said he's on page 237.

As for the concert tour, it didn't seem feasible to me. I could see maybe the three of them doing a joint benefit concert for each of their charities or causes. I don't doubt that Clay was originally enthusiastic about it. It would be a chance for him to be with two friends, having a good time and traveling around. And performing live which I think is his favorite part of his career. But I can't imagine that his management didn't tell him that at this stage, he needs to concentrate on finding new material and getting that 3rd mainstream CD out.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 9:42 am

Oh Badger I know Tyra has a boyfriend. I wasn't implying anything else. That is why I said that I was glad Clay had a Superstar friend. I would just LOVE to see what Clay wears when he dines with a supermodel! Hopefully not cargo shorts and a bucket hat!! Razz I just meant I would love to see a pic of him out in NYC with a gorgeous model living the high life! Such a far cry from The Hometown Connection! I would also love for the kids who were so mean to him in middle school to get to see THAT pic in People Mag! He's come a long way baybee!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 2:32 pm

I want to know what he EATS when he goes out to a fancy restaurant.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 4:30 pm

Anything that doesn't have caffine, tree nuts, mushrooms, chocolate, mint, shellfish, or walking around on the plate!! Razz
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 8:01 pm

Posted by jasr9203 at CV:

Quote :
was reading over at the site that is sellin the Neil Sedaka VIP tickets and here is the little blurb- i just love the way his voice is described.

"Neil Sedaka Tribute
An evening with the great Neil Sedaka, a musical treasure of the past and present; celebrating 50 years of hits with many of his friends. All proceeds will benefit the Elton John Aids Foundation. Appearing and performing with Neil will be greats of yesterday such as Natalie Cole and Captain & Tennille, as well as stars of today and tomorrow featuring the transcendently powerful voice of Clay Aiken.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 8:46 pm

That is very, very nice!!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 9:23 pm

In honor of the one year anniversary of the release of ATDW I just found this pic at The Clack House and it is just so pretty!!

Clay News! - Page 12 Gmahandsomelarge
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 12:11 am

FC - He is beautiful in this picture!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 5:12 am

Thanks Sky!! I think so too!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:07 am

If you try to go to Clay's Fan club site today, it has been shut down since last night due to a death in the family. You will just see a nice little tribute with a beautiful pic of Clay and Joan.

http://www.clayonline.com/
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 11:49 am

AI Rewind for season 2 is starting up this weekend for some, seems next for me. Anyway, here is a link to see when it is showing and what station where you live. Clay will be the narrator while Ruben hosts. I hope we get to see new footage of Clay and not just hear his adorable accent!!

http://mserv.zap2it.com/american_idol/showtimes.html
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 4:44 pm

Clay will not be on this week's upcoming "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader" as earlier reported. He will be on during November sweeps.

Quote :
I wrote to Fox.com and asked if Clay would be on AYSTAFG on Thursday, October 11, 2007. Their reply:

"No. He will be part of a big 2-hour special airing on Thursday November 1, 2007 (8 to 10 p.m. ET/PT) IF no baseball!"
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 5:27 pm

Thanks for the update. What if there's baseball?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 5:57 pm

They didn't say. My guess is put in on later in the month. Word has it they will be promoing the celebrity 2 hour special during the playoffs, so I am sure that they will run it after the games are done. The Cubs are out (what a surprise Rolling Eyes ) so baseball is over for me anyway. I only watch The Chicago White Sox or The Chicago Cubs Razz
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:56 pm

Clay is at Ruben's concert in NC right now! He is there with Jamie and another couple. Faye is there too. Clay went backstage for awhile. He is dancing and singing along with Rube. Clay he is having such a fun time!
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:25 pm

Aww!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 5:52 am

Aww is right Badger! I am so happy that they have such a true and real friendship. How nice for them.

Quote :
Church has no plans to cancel Clay Aiken concert
BY JOE RODRIGUEZ
The Wichita Eagle

Clay Aiken A concert by Clay Aiken at Wichita's Central Christian Church will go on as scheduled next month, a church leader said Wednesday as the leader dismissed a tabloid's article that the church was under attack for hosting the performance.

Aiken, who gained fame on the show "American Idol," is set to perform a Christmas concert at the church Nov. 26.

An article in the most recent issue of the National Enquirer cited a source who said "the church received a lot of attacks" when it announced earlier this year that Aiken would perform. The evangelical church has Wichita's largest Protestant congregation. The article claimed the outrage was centered on Aiken's sexual orientation.

One church leader characterized the article as "just absolutely false." Senior Pastor David Welsh was unavailable for comment.

In June or July, shortly after the church decided to hold the concert, church leaders crafted a memo that addressed, in part, questions that could arise about Aiken's sexual orientation.

A copy of the letter, circulated among church leaders, made many points, including:

• "Clay has always spoken openly about his Christian beliefs. He doesn't drink, smoke, swear or womanize. He won't sing about sex or even use lyrics with innuendo. During his Idol appearance in 2004, Aiken wore his WWJD bracelet each show."

• "His holiday CD includes several songs about Christ's birth. During a tour for Disney, he sang an explicitly Christian song ('You Were There') which references Abraham, David and Jesus."

• "In an interview with Rolling Stone magazine in July 2003, Aiken... stated that he is not gay. This fact was again confirmed in an interview with 'Today's Christian,' an internet website and service of Christianity Today, International."

The letter went on: "Keep in mind, this is an 'outreach event.' Many of Clay's fans are Christians, however some may never darken the halls of a church, but for this one event."

The Central Christian Church leader said that the memo surfaced outside the church within the past few weeks, when someone claiming to be "a concerned citizen" e-mailed the church about Aiken's sexuality. A copy of the memo was sent to the person, the church leader said.

The church has not made any changes in its plans to hold the concert.

"Our official position is we are hosting a Christmas concert and have invited Clay Aiken to be our guest," said Gary Walker, chairman of the church's Board of Elders, its governing body.

"He will be singing songs from his 2004 Christmas album. The concert is scheduled for Monday, Nov. 26 and tickets are $30, $35 and $40."

Reach Joe Rodriguez at 316-268-6644 or jrodriguez@wichitaeagle.com.

Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 6:43 am

When I first read this article, my only thought was, good grief! I'm just saddened and upset, that some people won't let that issue go. He's a singer and his sexual orientation doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 7:23 am

I agree Sky. I'm so sick of the crap he is dished. I posted the above because I wanted anyone who has seen the National Enquirer or stupid gossip blogs and actually "believed" that crap about people being upset and maybe cancelling his show, would see that it was just that "crap".

It is true though, that in this day and age really who the f should care?? And why should a singer not be allowed to sing anywhere just because he/she is gay? How pathetic would that be? Rolling Eyes

I have some cute pix of Clay and Jamie at the concert and will post them soon. I have NO idea if there is something between them (other than them being glued at the hip and living together) but she is such a little doll and they are always smiling when together that I cannot help but have a little hope that they are more than friends. I know I shouldn't ship, but they are just too cute together not to.

Click on the link to see Clay being let in so he can go visit Ruben. It's short but he looks so adorable! Well, to me anyway Laughing I just love to see him out living life and having fun!!

https://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/MixnJude/?action=view&current=ClayinNC.flv

Clay, Jaimie and another couple enjoy Ruben.

Clay News! - Page 12 ClayNCFair

Here is another pic. See, Jaimie is just so pretty!

Clay News! - Page 12 Clayfriends

Clay and friends leaving the concert. Nice car Clay!
Clay News! - Page 12 Claycar
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 9:00 am

I think we all suspect who the "concerned citizen" is. Let's just say I doubt if it's anyone affiliated with the church.

I think the information in that letter came from fans or from fanboards. The only thing that makes me wonder is the part about Clay hiring someone to book him into churches which is not something I've ever read on any board. I don't know that it means much of anything; I certainly don't see Clay suddenly deciding to become a primarily CCM artist. I'm thinking it has to do with the Christmas concerts. But who knows?

You know, in some of the pictures from last night, Clay looks pretty fat or at least he looks like he's got quite the potbelly. But people who were there say he didn't look fat at all. I haven't seen them, but apparently he looks slim in the fan-posted videos too.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 9:19 am

Clay said in a M&G he does the Xmas concerts where he is invited. So I am guessing the church inviting him. I saw pix, as this church holds many events like this, and it is very large and a gorgeous setting. I don't think it has anything to do with him considering to go CCM. Not that I would really care either way. Not like his pop songs get any radio play. Maybe CCM stations would play him.

If you click on the link above and watch the vid of him walking in, he does not look fat at all. You can't even see a belly. I have no idea why some pix make him look fat. Perhaps angles, lighting, a breeze blowing up the shirt scratch But he looks amazing in the walking vid. Tall and well built. I like a little more weight on him (not the double chin), because he used too be way to thin back on AI. I worried about him back then.
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 9:47 am

Great pictures! Jamie, is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 5:04 pm

Quote :

You know, in some of the pictures from last night, Clay looks pretty fat or at least he looks like he's got quite the potbelly. But people who were there say he didn't look fat at all. I haven't seen them, but apparently he looks slim in the fan-posted videos too.

I saw him live.

Guys, Clay is talented and funny and charming and a wonderfully compassionate humanitarian and he's the one Idol I am pretty sure I will be a fan of for life and he's at least 30 pounds overweight right now.

Cutting him slack. I am, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clay News!
Page 12 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 38  Next