Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clay News!

Go down 
+10
Sky
Green Eyez
austin
muse
frazzle
Janice
abrahammy
southernbelle
Admin
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Clay News! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 3:53 pm

Well, I think her blog was for hits. I agree with many of her points, and the points of several of the comments made by readers. This is not a perfect tour. I think he has done the best with what he had. He has interjected a lot of humor and fun into this show. I know many fans love this tour and several have said it is their fave. I don't feel that way. True, I did not have the opportunity to see it in person, but it just isn't what I wanted for Clay at this point in his career. I think the first Solo tour and the JBT were far better. But, supporting a covers CD means singing covers. What can you do. I'm just hoping and waiting for the next CD of originals and see what kind of show he puts together for that.

All that said, the guy really is one heck of an entertainer!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 4:29 pm

shenwren posted a Cary M&G Recap at CV with some info that we haven't seen before:

Quote :
Okay, everyone here is my very long recap of my Cary meet and greet. You might decide to scroll. First of all, Jerome came and got us around 6 p.m. There were 10 of us – six fan club and four auction winners. Jerome took us to a room that was lined with lockers. There was a bench all along the wall under the lockers – that’s where we sat. Directly in front of us were mirrors with lights around them with a countertop under the mirrors. Jerome gave us the usual three rules, chatted a bit, and then left. He was very nice.

Although the room was air conditioned, it was still warm and we were fanning ourselves when Mary, Jamie, and Clay walked in. He was wearing his khaki shorts with a short-sleeved polo shirt with a long-sleeved t-shirt underneath with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows. He told us we could not be hot because the air-conditioned room was about 10 degrees cooler than his dressing room. He was so casual and friendly, taking charge immediately. He sat on the countertop with his feet propped in a chair.

He first mentioned that he recognized a couple of the auction winners, then he went around the room and asked for our names and where we were from. We were from NC, Virginia, and California (I think that’s all the states that were represented). He asked if we had questions. The questions and answers that follow are in no particular order, as I cannot remember who asked what when. These are also not exact quotes – my memory is definitely not that good. I just want to give you a general feeling of the conversation we all had. (I’ll refer to the questions we fans asked as M&G – meet and greeters).

M&G: In your OFC blog in March, you told us some upcoming events and you ended by saying “more things (actually some really exciting ones are in development still…” Anything you can share?
Clay: They’re still in development. That’s why you don’t know. Then he went on to say – but there are some things being discussed – some in the last few weeks, right Mary? (I didn’t see Mary’s reaction).
M&G: Are you interested in writing another book?
Clay: Snarkily said – I didn’t write the first one. Then he said that actually, he would like to write a children’s book. He said he would really like to take the Christmas show that he wrote and transform it into a book for children.
M&G: I’m going to ask you a silly question. (I had a couple of conversation starters from a book called “Would You Rather…?) So, I asked “Would you rather give up your favorite food forever or give up television for two years?”
Clay: I should pick TV because after two years I could have both again, but I would probably pick favorite food because there’s a lot of other favorite foods to enjoy.
M&G: What about a tour next summer?
Clay: If some of those things in development occur, they might prevent a summer tour. (This is what I understood him to say, but maybe someone else that was there can clarify this better).
M&G: Tell me about Afghanistan.
Clay: “That’s not a question.”
M&G: What was your favorite memory from Afghanistan?
Clay: A little boy was selling gum outside our hotel everyday, I wouldn’t buy any because that just perpetuates the behavior. He said he was so sweet and if he could he would have put him in his bag and brought him home. The last day, he did give him money – everyone was upset with him because now every time they saw a UN badge, they would think they would get money. He said he gave the boy $50, but the little boy wouldn’t take it unless Clay took the gum.
M&G: What kind of soap do you use?
Clay: Looking clueless said whatever’s in the hotel, and he said he was sorry but had no idea what kind he used at home.
M&G: What was your input into the architectural design of your house?
Clay: He said his mother and the builder did it. The M&G kept pushing him to give some details of why he chose this particular design. He said that she was not happy with his answer. He went on to say that he wishes that it was farther back into the woods so people would stop driving down his road looking at his house. He did add that he picked the beanbags in the theatre room, a chandelier (didn’t say what room) and I think he said the stair banister.
M&G: Why don’t you sell your CD’s at concerts?
Clay: The labels have contracts with retailers, so if they decide to sell the CD, they cannot be sold for less than a certain price which right now is like $20, and he said he refused to ask that amount of money for them. We told him we would have paid it. He said he appreciated that, but it was just too much when you can get them at a much more reasonable price elsewhere.

That’s about all the questions I can remember. He then began to take our stuff to be signed. One girl had a beautiful poster made up of many small pictures of Clay. She told him that it hung in the women’s restroom at her business. He signed it, handed it back to her and said. I signed it - “Hope everything comes out all right.” (How witty is he, and he was still talking while he was signing everything).

It was time for our pictures and Mary lined us up. The girl in front of me said she really hated to have her picture made (don’t know why cause she was young and attractive), but when she got up to Clay, she told him that she hated having her picture made so much that she wouldn’t mind just skipping it. He said here, let’s do it like this – he turned her around so her back was to the camera, and he turned around also so his back was to the camera. Mary asked if she was serious, and the girl said yes, so she definitely has a unique meet and greet pic. Another woman in a wheel chair was with her daughter. She mentioned that she had suffered a stroke – I think she said a few months ago (my guess is that she’s only in her 40’s), and that he had great fans that encouraged her. Clay said yeah, they were something – much better than he is. Then she used her cane to get out of the wheelchair and walked to Clay. She told him she didn’t want to have the cane in the picture. He said that was okay, he would hold her up, and they took a lovely picture! My turn came quickly, and that nice strong arm was around me, my right hand was holding his left hand, and the picture was snapped, and it was over all too soon.

It really was all I had hoped for. I find him fascinating. Of course, after it was over, I wished I had looked into his eyes more. I also wish my mind would work like a tape recorder so I could remember every nuance and word spoken, but then this recap would be even longer. I still cannot believe I won this opportunity. The odds of it are still mind boggling. Hope many more of you get lucky too
Back to top Go down
Badger

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 9:40 pm

I think she made some valid points but the problem is you could talk to 10 different fans and they'd give you ten different things that Clay should do/should stop doing/should do more of/should do less of/etc. So the idea that he would be helped if fans were more critical is certainly worthy, but he'd go nuts trying to please everyone.

I wonder what the thing is that could prevent a summer tour.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 4:58 am

That is so true! I don't know if you read The Clay Board, but there was a thread yesterday about the "Whipping" Angela gave Clay when a fan gave her a toy whip and she whipped Clay during Sexy Back (for all of about 2 seconds) and there are fans saying they are done with Clay because of that! He isn't family friendly anymore, he's changed etc Rolling Eyes Unfreakingbelievable Evil or Very Mad He never can please all the fans, or the critics.

I am VERY curious about what might keep him from touring confused I hope it is something really good and exciting and if he wants it - I hope he gets it!!
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 6:38 am

Quote :
but there was a thread yesterday about the "Whipping" Angela gave Clay when a fan gave her a toy whip and she whipped Clay during Sexy Back (for all of about 2 seconds) and there are fans saying they are done with Clay because of that! He isn't family friendly anymore, he's changed etc Rolling Eyes

Ah, another entry into the Why-Abrahammy-Still-Loves-Clay's-Singing-But-
Won't-Post-On-His-Boards Sweepstakes. It seems to me that a lot of Claymates are extremely narrow about what they want Clay to be and they flip out if he ventures away from that idealized vision of him in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:33 am

To be fair there was only about 5 of them, and everyone else was supportive, but those 5 really were upset with Clay to the point of giving away their Florida concert tix. I mean Good Grief!! I guess all the wonderful things he does for the children of the world and his talent are meaningless if he is not the pure innocent that they seem to want to believe he is. I mean is there really a pure innocent 28 year old man out there?? I mean other than priests? er, wait, scratch that Suspect
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:41 pm

Quote :
Image no problem for Aiken

By Wendy Lemus, staff writer
The Claymates - and their idol - have always had a bit of an image problem. They're just not that cool.

I mean, have you ever been to a Clay Aiken concert? With three generations in one family often showing up, you're as likely to see someone helping Grandma out of the car as you are housewives from the last tour stop.

Thing is, Aiken gets that. And on Friday night at his concert with the Raleigh Symphony Orchestra at Cary's Booth Amphitheatre, he took full responsibility for the uncool reputation that has followed him since appearing on "American Idol."

He even had some fun with it.

"This is a Clay Aiken show; we don't do cool things," he bantered between a series of love songs.

Try convincing his audience, some of whom have seen him dozens of times, literally following his tours around the country. Friday's show brought a group of women all the way from Japan.

This was not Aiken's best concert ever. The song selection from the Jukebox tour two years ago, with its Elvis medley among other things, was better. But his voice was in usual fine form on a steamy night with record-setting temperatures, and big enough to match a live orchestra.

Aiken has learned what the crowd wants, and the ballads - "I Want to Know What Love Is," "When I See You Smile," and probably his best of the night, "I Can't Live (If Living is Without You)" - showcased what everyone came for - that Broadway voice, which, at 28, seems to be maturing. Several songs were from his 2006 CD of '70s and '80s love ballads, "A Thousand Different Ways."

No, singing a medley of TV theme songs isn't all that cool. But it was fun to listen to - and no doubt brought back memories for his fans, many of whom are old enough to have watched "All in the Family" and "Laverne & Shirley" in prime time.

That set brought up an interesting question, which Aiken himself posed: "Does singing cool songs make you cool?"

He and his equally powerful backup singers proceeded with an entertaining medley that included Madonna, Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake and Usher. (Doing the "Vogue" dance to "Like a Virgin" was intended, right?)

What makes Usher cool? What made Jackson cool? And can any of it rub off on Clay? Ask Barry Manilow.

Really, Aiken could care less. And that's the point. He knows who he is, who his fans are, and most importantly, he can have a little laugh and not take himself too seriously.

And that's pretty cool, don't you think?

Besides, Madonna fans have never been spoofed off-Broadway.

Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 11:06 am

Quote :
NEIL SEDAKA'S 50TH ANNIVERSARY AT AVERY FISHER HALL - OCT. 26, 2007

A concert of Neil's songs performed
by Neil and many friends.
Friday, October 26
at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
FEATURING

Natalie Cole
Clay Aiken
Captain & Tennille
David Foster
w/ Renne Olstead
The Bad Plus
Raul Mideon
...plus more to be announced

Produced by Michael Dorf

100% of the net proceeds will benefit [/b]

VIP tickets all include access to the special Artist Reception after the concert plus the best orchestra and box tickets available. Limited to the first 200 people. All but $175.00 of the ticket is a tax deductible.

Platinum Circle Tickets $2,500

Gold Circle Tickets $1,000

Silver Circle Tickets $500

VIP Tickets $250

Regular tickets range from $140 to $40 at Lincoln Center Box Office

Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 4:14 pm

Gee, I can't possibly imagine what he might sing. Cool

I was so happy when I heard about this. There was another tribute to Neil in NYC earlier this year that Diana DeGarmo - among others - performed at. And I kept thinking, "Now, why isn't Clay there"?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 10:23 am

Another great review!!

Quote :
Aiken more than singer he's a showman

Palm Beach Post.com link

By LESLIE GRAY STREETER

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Sunday, August 19, 2007

WEST PALM BEACH — Clay Aiken, whether or not you are a fan of his, is pretty much considered a good singer by most people who have ears.

You also may be aware that he has a gigantic following of fans, mostly female, who might best be described as enthusiastic. But until you have seen Clay Aiken, who has described himself as Opie-like, shake his slack-clad hips and belt out Naughty By Nature's extracurricular cheating classic OPP ... well, you just don't know anything about Clay Aiken.

Admittedly most of the crowd at the Kravis Center on Saturday already knew more about him, as many of them are Claymates, the American Idol runner-up's devoted fan base and staunch defenders against criticism of his aforementioned Opieness. But even the uninitiated would have to be blind not to see that Aiken - who has an amazing range and was vocally flawless - is that rare celebrity who is both a singer and a performer, equally, even though, as he pointed out, "I am not cool."

But here are three things that Clay Aiken is:

• Clay Aiken is a funny guy. Whether leading the crowd through a medley of television theme songs, including Diff'rent Strokes and Growing Pains, or mocking his uncoolness with OPP or SexyBack (yeah, you read that right), the boy's got a comedian's timing and deft touch with a zinger.

• Clay Aiken is really talented. He is not just a whiz at the questionably sappy original songs like Into These Arms. Aiken breathed new life into I Wanna Know What Love Is, a song that hasn't been fresh since 1984, and made the theme to Perfect Strangers, which was never really all that fresh, revelatory.

• Clay Aiken is kinda sorta sexy. I'll let you chew on that.

This is not to say that the show, which featured a Michael Jackson cover and a symphony of Claymate-wielded glowsticks during Because You Loved Me, did not have its cheesy moments. Our man was sometimes basically doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.

But because Aiken revels in that, he transcends even the goofy moments into genuine entertainment, like with his cover of Bad English's When I See You Smile. He is so uncool that he sort of is. And that's a talent.

Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 4:20 pm

Quote :
Palm Beach Post

This blog entry is from the critic who reviewed last night's concert.

Clay Aiken: The Aftermath!
Quote:
"So you're going to be Clayverted!"

More than one Claymate, or hopelessly devoted fan of singer, humanitarian, near-American Idol and cultural phenomenon, decried that by the time Clay's show at the Kravis Center was over, I would be one of them, ready to don the T-shirts, join the Internet groups and plan my vacations around Mr. Aiken's concert schedule.

So now? I'd gladly see him again, because he was great. Do I see me wearing a Clay T-shirt or traveling to see him or joining a huge network of Clay fans...Uh...don't kill me, but not really. I'm a fan now, but not one approaching the heights of what I've seen in my week of Claymate exposure. But I get it now, now that I've seen Clay Aiken and found him wonderful.

So I can admit this without the Claymates coming to kill me: With every fiber of my being, before the show, I'd really wished I was at the Chris Isaak show in Boca.

And this is not because I don't like Clay, but because Chris Isaak is, lock, stock and sparkly pantsuit, pretty much to me what Clay is to the Claymates. I've seen him maybe 6 times, in different states, to which I have driven and changed work schedules to go to. I have shook his hand and shouted my name at him while he Sharpied his name on my shirt or my hat or my ticket. I have squealed in an undignified manner and not even cared how undignified I looked, because Chris Isaak just has it like that.

So I get it, Claymates. I get it. And I am admitting now, after talking to you and seeing how hysterical and talented and kinda cute Clay is, that I understand a little bit better. And after meeting Katie, Helene, Debi and Carolyn, our featured Claymates on the Palm Beach Post.com site and their friends, I get that their devotion now transcends the love of the music or the smile of a cute boy. They have met lifelong friends, seen cities they'd never have been to otherwise, and found new charities to volunteer for, new causes to embrace. I met a woman who is currently undergoing chemotherapy, who came out to the show because Clay and his fans seem to give her strength. She's in a wheelchair but she's not down. And that's not keeping her from her Clay.

If one guy can inspire all that, then by all means, I'm a fan. Thanks, y'all.

P.S. Next time you get a chance to see Chris Isaak, you really ought to if Clay's not in town. He's a different kind of hot. And his suits are shiny.

Posted by Leslie Streeter at 1:48 PM
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 5:17 pm

Quote :
Meet & Greet at Kravis Center, West Palm Beach 8/18/07

We showed up at the box office about 5:30 but had to wait until almost 6:00 to pick up the passes. You had to show personal ID, then they gave you your pass and made you sign the bottom of the envelope to prove you had picked it up....security measure I guess.

It was so hot and muggy, but they took pity on us and let us sit in a small lobby near the magical 6 doors where we were told Jerome would meet us. Jerome came out shortly after, and rounded us all up and took us thru the magical 6 doored entrance, then thru a steel door into a very long hall with rooms on either side named...."Dressing Room", "Office", "Wardrobe"...you get the picture.

We came to a huge cavernous room with cement floor, cement block walls, and what must have been a 50 foot ceiling with all sorts of metal racks hanging down...must have been for lights. The chairs were arranged in a circle with a long table at one side. Jerome said to put any gifts on the table then went into his speech about no cameras, and no inappropriate touching etc etc. We were told not to touch Clay but he said that he knew Clay would touch us, hug us, so that instruction was moot.

We sat there and waited for a while, then in comes Jerome, Mary, Jamie, and Mr. Aiken.

His hair was soaking wet and flat and everywhere. He had on the Fifty2Thirty white shirt, those shredded cargo pants...and sandals. He really needs an iron and someone who knows how to hem pants....but I digress..

He came over to each one of us and shook our hands and asked our names. Then he sat down in the circle and asked each one where we were from. One lady refused to give him her name because she had had a M & G with him in Dec 2004 during JNT2, and she wanted him to remember her name. He stopped that in its tracks by saying to her..."Do you know how many people I have met in the past 2 years? Now tell me your name!". Titanium indeed!

Then he said we would go around the circle and ask our questions. These are in no particular order....

One girl asked about "Always & Forever" and why he never sang it in concert. He said that after he sang the theme from "Perfect Strangers" the producers of AI handed him a list of songs and at the top or near it was "Always & Forever" and he sang a few lines from it. He had never learned the whole song.

The next question was whether he had any other TV projects in the works besides the "5th Grader" and the skating show. He turned around and looked at Mary, then thought about it, then said that he couldn't remember any more.

He was asked if he would be a guest host on Jimmy Kimmel Live. He said that he was contacted after Jimmy went in for his emergency surgery, and said he would do it, but then the producers decided to go with reruns. They had never had guest hosts on Kimmel. He did say that if that ever came up again that he would be happy to do it, or maybe they would ask Sarah Silverman to do it. He seemed fine with it either way.

I asked him about a re-appearance on Tyra, because the chemistry between the two of them really came across thru the TV. He said that you don't normally go on those shows unless you have something to promote. He certainly would do it again because he and Tyra had become friends and they did talk on occasion. I believe he mentioned that Tyra's show was moving to NY.

Then the album question came up. The question was.."How long will it be before we get the new album because after the Christmas Tours you just disappear and we have these long periods of draught" or some such words. Then he said that they were all working towards an early 2008 release. Someone...it may have been me ...said "are you serious?". From this point he launched into the "CD Production 101".

(Firecracker prays to all gods that this is true!!)

He said that his part of the CD was probably the smallest and shortest as far as time goes. He could do it in a couple of weeks easily, but if he didn't have anything scheduled, he could conceivably do it in one week. But....the most time consuming parts were the work that comes before and after. Before...you have to find the material, get musical and vocal arrangements made...then vocals are recorded with minimal music. After the vocal tracks are laid, then the real work begins with the musical tracks, pressing or burning, packaging, promotion etc etc. He says that after his part is finished, he then goes into the artwork phase where they decide on the cover and promotional poses and then they have to schedule a photo shoot etc. All this is going on simultaneously.

Anyway, their goal was early 2008 and they were all very serious about meeting that goal. He would not be touring next summer if there were no CD, so we all need to keep good thoughts about the process.

He was then asked about the Christmas tour. He said that they took all the offers that came in, then plotted a tour route around those offers. They do not go where there are not offers. They cannot honor all offers either if they are not feasible, timewise or transportation wise. He said that this year they were concentrating on the midwest and I reminded him that CT and NJ were definitely not midwest, and that I had serious concerns about him going on "5th Grader" and answering any geography questions. I also said I thought about buying him an atlas to study. Then the snarky came out and he said..."Ask me anything. Come on...throw out some questions.....". One of the ladies asked him the capital of Lichtenstein and he did come up with it (Vaduz I think!)

He checked with Mary and then said that the Christmas Tour would start in Wichita and end in Merrillville.

Quote:
Kravis Meet & Greet...page 2....feel free to scroll....

I asked him if he would be coming to Florida for Christmas this year and he said no. There would be more dates coming out but they were not ready to announce them yet. It was asked if they were going to Kentucky. He "believed" that there was one in Ohio, but they couldn't remember the city. Mary confirmed all of the above tour information so I feel pretty secure with it.

He was asked if he sang in the shower and he said that he did on occasion. Does he sing along with a CD or the radio in the car. He said that with some people, like his brother, he does....at this point Jamie nodded yes. Jerome said yes. Mary couldn't remember. He said that Nick couldn't stand hearing him sing in the car. But if there were a group of friends in the car, he wouldn't do it because it might be discouraging to others. He said this very apologetically because he said he didn't want to sound like showing off, but that his voice would overpower others and he didn't want to do that. (I hope I said that right)

He confirmed that he would be singing "Solitaire" at the Neil Sedaka performance.

Somehow his hair was brought up. He said they realized the hair during the last Christmas concerts was too long, and they had decided to go with the hair on the ATDW and All Is Well covers for this year. It still was a bit short for that style, but that they were letting it grow out a bit more.

OMG...bored yet???

Someone asked why he had never sung "When A Man Loves A Woman" in concert. He thought a minute, then said...wasn't that a song that was requested in a "Stump the Band" segment. We told him it was Meadville, and that we loved that song and please include it in his next pop tour. He agreed to look into it. (teensy little woohoo for that) I am amazed he didn't say something about the person that just "happened" to have the lyrics to that song in her purse in Meadville. LOL

Please understand that while all this is going on, he is signing stuff and asking how to spell names. Talk about multi tasking!!!! He is a master of it.

We lined up for pictures. Most everyone did the "Prom" pose, but (as I was told later), I did the "wedding" pose. We were facing each other and he was holding both of my hands and we were looking into each other's eyes.....and giggling. And he asked me if I was sure this was the pose I wanted. He thought it was very funny!!!!

It was now way after 7:00, and Jerome had to drag his body out of there. We were talking like we were long lost friends. He is so easy to talk to. He tries his best to give you complete answers to your questions as much as he is able. Yes, his hands are soft and very warm and he loves to touch. He has a very close "personal space", and stands very close when talking to you.

(Firecracker takes a moment)

We had a really terrific group with one possible exception, but he squashed her pretty quickly. He can slice you to ribbons when provoked. He is kind, gentle, welcoming, friendly, open and totally Clay. Never doubt that he is in control at all times even when you don't think so. He can reign it in at a moments notice, or just let things take their course....... He is at ease and makes you the same.

We are so very very lucky.......

PS...He signed my "Learning To Sing".

Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 10:27 pm

From the CB:

Last nite at Kravis/WPB, I had the wonderful pleasure of sitting next to
Quote :
the songwriter who wrote the song "A Thousand Days" !! (too bad Clay didn't make mention of him being in the audience--- actually we were all sitting on the same row at Sean McDaniel's family.

It was the first time he's seen Clay perform ""A Thousand Days"" LIVE !! He (and his parents and agent were with him).

And Yippee ! He said that he is currently working on several original songs for Clay's upcoming album!! (I choose not to ask him about the producer for the new album; when Clay is ready, he will tell us...)

He said he really respects Clay and enjoys working with him! He did say that many of his fellow songwriter colleagues also feel the same!! YIPPEE

If anyone wants to check out his website (he gave it to me in case anyone was interested in seeing which other performers he has also written for!(CELINE DION, GLADY KNIGHT and more).. He's only 30 and I was very impressed!! He and his parents really enjoyed the show..

Christian Leuzzi at www.christianleuzzisongs.com/
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 7:55 am

Another great review! This was such a great tour for Clay. So sad that it is over. I will miss him and CH Chat a lot Crying or Very sad

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/orl-bk-aiken082007,0,679515.story

Quote :
Clay Aiken packs surprises into a goofy night of fun
Matthew J. Palm

Sentinel Staff Writer

August 20, 2007

Clay Aiken performed "Baby's Got Back," accompanied by an orchestra Sunday night at Orlando's Hard Rock Live. Oh, he performed a spirited rendition of the theme to Welcome Back Kotter, too.

Got your attention?

The show, the final stop of Aiken's current tour, was full of surprises -- most of them surreal. I really never thought I would see hip-hoppy "O.P.P" mixed with Kenny Chesney's "She Thinks my Tractor's Sexy" in a medley backed by violins and cellos. Strangely enough, the more goofy things got, the more the show clicked.

Aiken, who came to fame as first runner-up on Season 2 of Fox's American Idol, has an aw-shucks, goofball persona. With a couple of tours under his belt now, he seems much more relaxed and easygoing on stage than a few years ago.

His nonsensical banter with powerhouse backing singers Angela Fisher and Quiana Parlor -- as well as a steady flow of conversation with audience members -- can make it seem to newbies that they've crashed a private party.

"There aren't many faces in the front row I don't recognize," Aiken teased, "because they're the crazy ones."

And indeed he did know many of the audience members by name, giving them shoutouts or just calling into the crowd to find out where some of the regulars were sitting. Bob and Linda got special recognition for seeing 121 concerts in four years. These fans, called Claymates, mean business.

Despite tight security, which caused the show to be delayed as lines backed up at the metal detectors and the camera checkpoint, many of the faithful managed to smuggle in light-up smiley faces to wave during Aiken's cover of Bad English's "When I See You Smile."

At times such as that, the audience, which included men and women of all ages, was part of the show. There wasn't too much spectacle -- just run-of-the-mill lighting -- though the more than two dozen orchestra members filled the Hard Rock's stage.

The night was well-stocked with cover songs, which make up the bulk of Aiken's latest album, A Thousand Different Ways. Some suited him better than others -- the soaring "Without You" (most recently a hit for Mariah Carey) showcased his tremendous upper range. But he owes Dolly Parton an apology for his slowed-down "Here You Come Again" that sucked the bouncy life out of the song. "Measure of a Man" and "These Open Arms" were other strong numbers that let his vocal ability shine.

Surprisingly, so was the theme to Perfect Strangers.

Which brings us to those odd yet captivating medleys. In the first hourlong set, Aiken and the backup singers vamped their way through themes from Laverne & Shirley, The Golden Girls and Who's the Boss? among others. For a barnstorming version of The Jeffersons' "Movin' On Up," Aiken tore off the blazer he had been wearing and busted a move.

In the second-hour set, a pop medley featured "Like a Virgin," Destiny's Child's "Bills, Bills, Bills" (with Aiken doing convincing backup) and Prince's "1999." The campy highlight was Aiken bringing "SexyBack."

What with the TV songs, the singalongs, the teasing chitchat, the overall effect was of a middle-school sleepover -- a really big sleepover where the class clown got to be the star.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 8:00 pm

Crooner's Christmas CD
Various Artists
Regular Price: $6.25
Sale Price: $4.78 SALE
Add to Cart Add to Wish List
Availability:Backordered since 7/31/2007
Email Me When Item Is Available To Order
Format: CD

Quote :
Detailed Information
List Price $5.97 (You save $1.19)
Category Rock/Pop, Christmas, Oldies Collections, Christmas/ Chanukkah
Label Sony Music Special Products
Orig Year 2007
CDU Part# 7446391
Catalog# 688648
Discs 1
Street Date Jul 31, 2007
Studio/Live Studio
Mono/Stereo Stereo

Track Listing
Song Title
1. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - Clay Aiken 2. I'll Be Home For Christmas - Elvis Presley
3. Sleigh Ride - Johnny Mathis
4. My Favorite Things - Tony Bennett
5. Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow - Dean Martin
6. Chirstmas Song, The (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire) - Nat "King" Cole
7. (There's No Place Like) Home For The Holidays - Perry Como
8. Winter Wonderland - Frank Sinatra
9. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Bing Crosby
10. It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year - Andy Williams

www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7446391&cart=585353301&BAB=E
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 8:04 pm

Holy crap! I just watched Spot's download of Clay singing "Measure of a Man" at the Orlando show! Just incredible cheers Such emotion Crying or Very sad So beautiful. I think if anyone said to me that Clay does not "feel" when he sings I would smack them upside the head Razz
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:31 pm

Because this is just too pretty to not be in this thread I love you

Clay News! - Page 11 ClayTampa13-1

This one too!

Clay News! - Page 11 Clay138

How can anyone think this man is not adorable??
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 10:45 pm

Clay News! - Page 11 Packagewow

Clay News! - Page 11 Smokey-1
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 11:57 am

You can watch a TON of conert vids at this site! They are from the first half of the summer concert show. She will be adding vids from the second half also.

http://claymatized.com/07-dcat-vids1.htm

Here is a great montage of Clay doing the busline!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2mjyhXe2to
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 6:01 pm

Clay taped his "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader" episode today. Here is a report from someone who was there.

Quote :
Via other boards:

I just heard from Poshpenny after the taping. I've seen the reports from Spot, so I'll just add the things that I didn't read from her report:
Posh said hair was pretty good except funky bangs. Wearing what looked like pink and white Pala shirt, grey jacket, jeans, no glasses, and no stubble seen.

His Fifth Grade teacher, Ms. Armstrong was there.

Kellie Pickler sucked the life out of the room. She won $50,000.

Clay knew all of the answers. He consulted with one child, or looked at her answer, but had already guessed the right answer and the child had the same answer.

During the warm up, they played "Sexy Back" and "Yeah." (The originals).

Clay was funny and wonderful.

Clay stole Jeff Foxworthy's punchline at least twice, and Jeff seemed amused at that.

Jeff Foxworthy seemed amused with him and said great things about him. Said something at the end to the effect of "I admire what you do onstage, but I admire you even more for what you do offstage." He also said something about Clay being a "top quality human being."

There are children who are picked for 2 questions each to help the celebrity. They can ask the child what their favorite subjects are. Clay asked one little girl what she liked, and she said "I like you."

They tried to get Clay to sing the theme song of the show with one little girl who sings so that she could say she'd sung with Clay Aiken, but Clay didn't know the song.

Sadly, so is this affraid

Quote :
Don't say you weren't warned:

Quote:
The hair was "horrible. It looked like he styled it with snot."

It look darker, no highlights.

Way too much product, bangs were like teeth on his forehead.

If you want to know how well he did on the show and how much he won - here you go

Spoiler:

I was finally able to join The Clay Board today!! cheers I am a member!!
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 7:06 pm

Kellie Pickler sucked the air out of the room? I wonder how so. She can't sing, but she is usually pretty charming (at least once she got off AI).
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 7:15 pm

I know Frazz. I think Kellie is just adorable. I think they may have meant her ability to play the game.

Here is as far as she got.

Spoiler:

Of course all this money goes to various charities, so even that amount is amazing IMO.
Back to top Go down
abrahammy

abrahammy

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:12 pm

Laughing

Okey Dokey. Clay's funny and VERY bright; Kellie Pickler is a charming idiot. So, it all turned out pretty much as I thought it would.

He's funny, he sings like THAT, and he's smart as a whip. Doesn't seem quite fair distribution of gifts! (Maybe that's why his ears stick out?)

Can't wait to see it.
Back to top Go down
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:29 pm

I understand she answered
Spoiler:
questions correctly.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:49 pm

lol! Abrahammy!

My mom always says "God gave him everything!" She LOVES Clay. Thinks he is gorgeous, funny, talented, smart and just an all around good kid! I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree, as I feel the exact same way about him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clay News!
Page 11 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next