Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clay News!

Go down 
+10
Sky
Green Eyez
austin
muse
frazzle
Janice
abrahammy
southernbelle
Admin
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Clay News! - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:22 am

Here is a list on Amazon of Clay's pick for songs he likes to listen too!

Quote :
"Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman from the album, This Moment - “I've been a fan of his as
long as I can remember. It's great that he's getting airplay on mainstream radio with this song.”

"Fall" by Kimberly Locke from the album, Based On A True Story - “We did American Idol together and I
think she is just awesome all around.”

"Everything" by Michael Buble from the album, Call Me Irresponsible – “A wonderful singer, just a classic.”

"Desperation" by Miranda Lambert from the album, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - “I like a lot of country music
and I think this song from her current album is so emotional and beautiful, her voice penetrates and truly delivers the message.”

"Love Song" by Sara Bareilles from the album, Little Voice - “That's one of those great catchy
songs that you just seem to hear everywhere and can't get out of your head.”

"Stay" by Alison Krauss from the album, Forget About It - “I believe this
is what angels sound like.”

Andrea Bocelli,The Best of Andrea Bocelli: Vivere – “It's tough to pick a favorite off of his "Best
of" collection, but wouldn't we all like to be able to sing like that?”

“Miami and Me" by Clay Walker from the album ,Fall - “I think this is
the latest from a country artist that's always putting out good music.”

"Because of You" by Reba McEntire & Kelly Clarkson from the album, Reba Duets – “What's not to
like? Two powerhouses together on a great song.”

“Gabriel's Oboe” by Chris Botti from the album, Italia – “Hauntingly beautiful. A perfect song for looking out at the Manhattan skyline at night.”
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 8:12 pm

You can watch a wonderful new interview with Clay here! Clips from Spamalot!

http://www.4shared.com/file/42952875/36f1b865/080403_AI_Extra_Spamalot-OMWH-Interview_large.html
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:14 am

An interview from right before he started in Spamalot. I am actually surprised he was willing to answer the gay guestions

Quote :

Hot Seat

Time Out New York / Issue 642 : Jan 17–23, 2008
Clay Aiken
The pop idol makes a surprising Broadway debut.

By Smith Galtney

Illustration: Rob Kelly

Wholesome, God-fearing, ambiguously effete Clay Aiken unintentionally pushes more buttons than most so-called subversive artists. Just defending the 29-year-old North Carolinian, American Idol and pop phenom is likely to cause an uproar. Ask Rosie O’Donnell: Last year, she accused Kelly Ripa of being homophobic after Ripa derided Aiken for placing his hand on her mouth. (“I don’t know where that hand’s been, honey,” Ripa fired at him.)

On the phone, though, the lightning rod sounds utterly harmless, talking a mile a minute in a Southern accent and often bursting into high-pitched laughter. Before making his Broadway debut in Spamalot this month, Aiken called TONY from a tour stop in Jersey City to gab about “Claymates” and stage crapping.

Time Out New York: So Spamalot isn’t how one expects Clay Aiken to invade Broadway.

Clay Aiken: And tell me why not! [Laughs]

Clay Aiken: That’s exactly why we chose it. If you’re going to branch out into a new field, well, go whole hog—try something different.

Time Out New York: Had you seen the movie?

Clay Aiken: Never. And the first time I saw the show, I thought, This is stupid—there’s no plot. What’s the point?!? I had this image of Broadway having uplifting stories and melodies. But Spamalot’s just silliness and irreverence raised to a completely different level. I get to soil myself onstage!

Time Out New York: What will your fans think of that?

Clay Aiken: If I’ve learned one thing in the past five years, it’s that you’ll never please everybody. But the people who’ve been so supportive of us, they trust us enough to have some fun here and there, and be a little irreverent. I won’t be soiling myself for the rest of my life.

Time Out New York: Did you come up with the term Claymates?

Clay Aiken: No, it started when I was on American Idol. I didn’t really like it at first. I was like, Oh my God, how tacky! But now I think, If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em. We’ve fully embraced it.

Time Out New York: And there are Claysians, too.

Clay Aiken: There’s also the Claynadians. In Raleigh, my hometown, there’s Clayniacs. There’s even a group called the Lecherous Broads for Clay Aiken! We appreciate them, but sometimes they’re like that cousin you love but can’t quite understand.

Time Out New York: Ever worry you’ll get a limb torn off?

Clay Aiken: Maybe just squeezed to death. [Laughs] But the Claymates are just a section of the fan base. The overwhelming majority are very respectful, very protective and mothering. If I sneeze onstage one night, 15 people show up at the next tour stop with Triaminic. I’ve got far more mothers than I ever needed!

Time Out New York: Is it true you’re allergic to nuts?

Clay Aiken: I’m allergic to a number of things: tree nuts, coffee, mints, chocolate. Some fans tried to introduce me to carob a few years ago. But it gave me the runs, so… [Laughs]

Time Out New York: Speaking of which, is it safe to say Rosie O’Donnell had diarrhea of the mouth when she called Kelly Ripa “homophobic”?

Clay Aiken: Oh, God. I think people on TV say certain things just so they can get attention. I didn’t agree with Rosie. But I appreciated her trying to come to my defense, in one way or another!

Time Out New York: What do you make of people nagging you about the “gay” thing?

Clay Aiken: I think the majority of the American public cares less about it than reporters like you do.

Time Out New York: Has anyone ever confronted you about it in public?

Clay Aiken: I can’t come up with any specific incidents. But I’ve been called everything in the book at some point or another—gay, ugly, nerdy, fat.

Time Out New York: You’re not fat.

Clay Aiken: After Idol, I was. Going from living in North Carolina, where barely anyone would talk to me, to a world where everyone knew who I was—it freaked me out. So I went on antianxiety medicine and gained, like, 20 pounds in a year’s time.

Time Out New York: You must be used to the attention now.

Clay Aiken: It’s still odd, though. Now I just think it’s funny. Like last night: I was onstage and all these people were screaming, and in the back of my head I’m thinking, Are you people crazy?!?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 11:10 am

Press release for Clay's new CD.

Quote :
Clay Aiken to Release Brand-New Album, On My Way Here, on May 6th 2008

EAGERLY AWAITED COLLECTION IS THE POP SUPERSTAR'S FIRST ALBUM OF ORIGINAL
SONGS SINCE 2003

NEW YORK, April 4, 2008 /PRNewswire/ -- Multi-platinum selling pop
singer Clay Aiken will release his fourth album, On My Way Here, on RCA
Records/19 Entertainment on May 6th, 2008. The collection is the
29-year-old Raleigh, NC, native's first album of original songs since his
2003 chart-topping, double- platinum debut Measure of a Man.

On My Way Here chronicles Aiken's experiences over the past five years,
ascending from popular contestant on the second season of American Idol to
pop superstar. The album's theme came to Aiken when he and his executive
producer Jaymes Foster fell in love with a song written by OneRepublic
frontman Ryan Tedder called "On My Way Here." The message of the lyrics --
how the lessons we learn while growing up shape us into who we become as
adults -- struck a very deep chord with the artist. The title track "On My
Way Here" will be the first radio single from the album to be released
later this month. Additionally the single, "On My Way Here" will premiere
as an "AOL First Listen" on Monday, April 7th.

"I thought if we could find songs that relate to what's gone on in my
life over the past five years and address what I've learned from my
experiences, it would be a great concept for my album," Aiken says. "Since
I got into this business, I've learned so much about myself. I think this
album covers how far I've come, personally and professionally."

The chance to record new material was an opportunity Aiken didn't want
to miss. His previous two albums, 2004's Merry Christmas with Love (which
went platinum within six weeks of its release) and 2006's gold-certified A
Thousand Different Ways, featured 10 cover versions of well-known songs
popularized by Celine Dion, Elton John, and Dolly Parton. Aiken's vocal
performances on songs like "As Long as We're Here," about not waiting until
it's too late to tell someone you love them, and "The Real Me," about being
in the public eye, resonate with the kind of emotion that can only come
from someone who's experienced this firsthand. "Although," Aiken says, "it
was important to me that the songs be interpretable in all kinds of ways.
People should be able to find their own meaning in the lyrics."

On My Way Here will be released just as Aiken finishes up his Broadway
run playing Sir Robin in the Tony Award-winning musical Monty Python's
Spamalot. Since January, Aiken has spent his days in the recording studio
with On My Way Here's Grammy Award-winning British producer Kipper (Sting,
Chris Botti), and his nights onstage in Spamalot. "I guess I'm a glutton
for punishment," he says with a laugh.

For more on Clay Aiken, please visit his official website
http://www.clayaiken.com.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:50 pm

I love this

Part of loveOMC's recap at CB from 3/25:

Quote :
Oh, I forgot to add one other thing: At the Sunday night show, my friend and I sat next to a friend of Hannah Waddington. She told us that Hannah considers Clay the nicest person she has ever worked with and has said that the entire cast loves him!!
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 9:31 pm

Greetings from NYC!

It's really great to read good comments about Clay such as the one above. I'm here in NYC for just a few days. It's one of my favorite places and going to some shows is part of the reason for coming here. I saw Spamalot and thought the whole cast was really good and really into the show, including Clay. It's a fun, silly show and he fit right in. His accent and comedic timing were great! This guy who had trouble picking up the simple steps in the group numbers five years ago has come a l-o-o-o-ng way in that regard!

I also saw 'Spring Awakening" and "August: Osage County." I thought both were outstanding and I hope "August: Osage County" receives some Tony nominations next month. Tomorrow, I'm seeing "Grease," which should be another fun show. I love this place...between the shows, food, museums, diversity and all the interesting areas that comprise NYC, it's been fun.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 9:54 pm

EEEEKKK!!! JANICE!!! How wonderful to see you again! It's been ages! I should staple you to the board!!!

How exciting for you! Sounds like you are having a blast!! I am so jealous Razz

So glad you got to see Clay and Spamalot! I just read that he is not feeling well and did not do the stage door signing at either shows. I hope you got to see him at the stage door! So glad you liked the show and Clay's performance.

Grease should be great fun! I wonder if the two kids who won that show last year still have the leads. Be sure and let me know about that.

I've only been to NYC once. For me it was too crazy and expensive, but it is an exciting place. We did not get to see any shows when we were there. We had the boys with us and we had spent so much money in DC. We hit DC, NYC and Canada in the same trip. So no Broadway for me. With 3 males Yankee Stadium beat out Broadway Razz
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:23 am

AOL First Listen! Clay's new single! So beautiful I'm in tears! Why does his voice do that to me??

Anyway, I did not find it easy to get it to work. I had to use Firefox, install what it asked me to (which was quite easy) reboot and then it played. It was so worth the effort!

http://www.popeater.com/2008/04/07/clay-aiken-on-my-way-here-song-premiere/

ETA: Oh good lord - I cannot play the song enough!! FLOVE it! Love his voice soooo much!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 7:55 am

Nice recap, Janice. Thanks.

I'm a little behind, but I'll catch up. I did like the way Clay handled that gay question in the article. I think that type of approach will go a long way in shutting up the discussion!
Back to top Go down
Janice

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:34 am

Hi fc and Lau,

Quote :
I did like the way Clay handled that gay question in the article. I think that type of approach will go a long way in shutting up the discussion!

I agree and I'd like to see interviews with more questions relevant to his career and projects rather than spending time on the same old question that doesn't matter anyway.

Both Max Crumm and Laura Osnes were in "Grease" last night and I thought it was an energetic and fun show. Max moves and dances well on the stage and I think the right one was selected. Laura has a really nice voice and looks like a "Sandy." The touring production is coming to my city this next season and it will be interesting to see it with two new leads.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:39 am

Cool! I'm glad they are still in it and that they are doing well!

Yes, let's hope this round of promos for Clay's new CD can be free of the same old tired personal questions and just focus on his music and career. Maybe some of his charity work too.

I am so excited about the new CD being less than a month away bounce
Back to top Go down
frazzle

frazzle

Number of posts : 1426

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:46 am

Thanks for the link. Pretty song.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:51 am

You're welcome Frazz!

Was it easy for you to play? Many people are having to do cartwheels to get it to work for them Mad I know I was quite frustrated.
Back to top Go down
Janice

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 9:55 am

Quote :
So glad you got to see Clay and Spamalot! I just read that he is not feeling well and did not do the stage door signing at either shows. I hope you got to see him at the stage door!

I went to the stage door after the show, but since I'm not one who is interested in autographs or even the merchandise of any celebrity, I just watched from the back. He came out to do signings the night I went and was very happy and talkative and was thanking people. I have read on another board that now many of those at the front are those who don't have tickets to the show that just ended. I think that is true and I also think many of them are repeaters. One woman was holding her dog and others were talking about getting autographs previously! It's unfortunate for those who are there for one performance or who were not familiar with his work before. As an aside, I was surprised at how blonde his hair is!

Thanks for posting the link to the song, fc. I like it!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 10:46 am

Janice, I understand what you're saying about people waiting at the stage door who haven't been to the show. I saw that happen when Constantine did The Wedding Singer. I would go into the theater and see people standing at the gates to start waiting. Sure enough, they would be there when we came out. I did want one autograph from Con on my playbill, so I got it one time, but never again.

I also spoke with people who told me right out that they had not been at the show but were coming over for pics with him and autographs. The crowds were huge after every show I went to and Constantine would always see that everyone got everything. But he usually put in about 45 minutes minimum after every show to accomplish this.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:27 pm

You can watch a "webisode" of Clay talking about making the new CD here!

http://www.mp3.com/artist/clay-aiken/videos/?uv_id=IyE1xjX75b0NujLW&play_user_vid=1
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 5:24 pm

RCA is so determined to make me buy more than one copy of Clay's new CD Mad

Quote :
From RCA Marketing

In addition to the Amazon (physical) preorder, there will be an exclusive digital preorder on Itunes which will begin on April 21.

This digital version of the album (which will include the standard album and a digital version of the booklet) will include an additional bonus preorder only track.

That song will only be available when the album is purchased during the pre-order period.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:17 am

Great promotion idea!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:42 am

Yes it is. I just don't really want to have to pre-order two copies. I already have my Amazon pre-order in. I bought two copies of his first CD - one to keep wrapped as a keepsake. I haven't bought more than one of any of the other ones. I actually doubt I will pre-order the iTunes one. At some point I will be able to hear and download the bonus track, just like the two bonus tracks for the last CD. With that CD you had to get one from K-Mart for one bonus track and one from iTunes for the other bonus track. So you had to buy 3 versions of the CD. I just wouldn't do it. I love the man, but I just couldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 1:19 pm

Clay - Handprint ceremony at Planet Hollywood in Times Square!

http://www.theinsideronline.com/news/2008/04/17198/index.html
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:48 pm

Clay is being interviewed on our FOX news 10:00 news. They showed him putting his hands in the imprint clay for the Planet Hollywood handprint and how the camera were flashing right in his eyes. He said that was the most intense he's ever experienced and he thought he was going to have a seizure.

He also said he is going to tour the CD when they asked what he'll be doing as he leaves Spamalot - May 6.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:12 pm

Clay really has problems with flash. It is a HUGE no no at his concerts. His eyes really water if there is a lot of flashes when he is on stage. I have very sensitive eyes and have to wear sunglasses when I am outdoors and driving. I wonder if that is his problem.

Glad he was on the news though! Thanks for letting me know. Rumor has it he will tour starting in October.
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 7:54 am

Then Clay did very well considering that is normally an issue for him. It was almost like one complete light flash that went on for about 10 seconds with clicks in between. It was stunning to even just watch on tv.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:26 am

I know I couldn't believe the amount of flashing going on! affraid Boyfriend must have had a TON of press there for this! Good for him! So cool about his hands hanging on the wall there.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:07 pm

A review of the new single! Not bad! 3 and 1/2 out of 5!

Quote :
About.com

Clay Aiken - "On My Way Here"
Rating three-half out of Five

By Bill Lamb, About.com

The Bottom Line

The title song and first single from Clay Aiken's upcoming album is not likely to get him back on mainstream pop radio. However, the lush arrangement and his vocals that flow like honey could spell an adult contemporary smash. Trite lyrics threaten to sink the recording, but Aiken's vocals here will remind many listeners why he charmed TV viewers enough to just miss being an American Idol champion.

Pros

* Clay Aiken's warm, polished vocals
* Lush strings and keyboard production

Cons

* Lyrical cliches

Description

* Written by Ryan Tedder, Hunter Davis, and Chris Faulk
* Produced by Kipper
* Released April 2008 by RCA Records

Guide Review - Clay Aiken - "On My Way Here"

Enlisting Ryan Tedder as the lead name in writing the song Clay Aiken hopes will bring him back to the widespread attention of pop listeners is a good move. Tedder's group OneRepublic have proven their staying power with their own top 10 hit "Stop and Stare" following the band's monster debut with Timbaland, "Apologize." Ryan Tedder is also a co-writer of Leona Lewis' #1 smash "Bleeding Love." Musically, "On My Way Here" maintains the Ryan Tedder touch filled with big strings and keyboards in a production that stops just south of a Broadway sound.

Lyrically, the song attempts to sound autobiographical. However, cliched lines about faith conquering fear, trying and failing, and being loved and lied to threaten to sink the project. Fortunately, Clay Aiken sings the words with such conviction it's rather easy to ignore the weakenesses.

Clay Aiken fans will be quite happy with this recording. It showcases the natural, polished warmth of his voice. It's not too difficult to imagine this could be a track he might have chosen to sing on American Idol. Unfortunately, it's difficult to imagine the extremely lush production on current top 40 radio in the US. A niche at adult contemporary, alongside fellow AI alum Kimberley Locke, is much more likely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clay News!
Page 27 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32 ... 38  Next