Wizened Women
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizened Women

Smart women muse on topics both smart and stupid

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clay News!

Go down 
+10
Sky
Green Eyez
austin
muse
frazzle
Janice
abrahammy
southernbelle
Admin
firecracker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Lau

Lau

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Clay News! - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 9:16 am

Quote :
his vocals that flow like honey

That has a nice sound to it!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

Number of posts : 4965
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:25 am

Yes it does!

Click on "Spamalot Wedisode" video. Clay looks so cute sitting on the NYC Brownstone stairs!

http://www.woodfm.com/iplaylist/artist/559598/
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:41 am

He does, FC! I wonder if that's where the studio is where he is recording? Maybe if you can see a street sign, I could walk by with a camera!! hee hee
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 11:14 am

I'll see what I can find out! Wink
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 12:42 pm

Clay is in Cosmo Girl.

http://www.cosmogirl.com/entertainment/celeb-qa/clay-aiken-celeb-q&a-may08
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:02 pm

Nice little article.

Hey FC, forgot to mention that two friends of mine went to see Spamalot last weekend. They really liked Clay in the show. These are folks who are not a part of any fan groups which is always nice to hear when "civilians" like our faves.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:21 pm

Excellent! Thanks so much!

It is always great to hear good reviews that do not come from Claymates Laughing

I am so glad they enjoyed Clay and the show!
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2007-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Quote :
Just got a call from my friend at the theater tonight. Clay is auctioning off his chicken - it's up to $3200. He's going to hug and kiss the winner. They're also going to do the pictures tonight but the cost is $300. Wow, there are two people bidding so he's going to sell 2 chickens for $3500 each!!!

His castmates are probably quite amused that he could sell not just one, but two, scrawny rubber chickens for that amount of money and it's just because he carried them during part of the show. He learned from watching David Foster how to double the bidding and used this tactic at his own foundation's fundraiser. lol!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:28 pm

Yeah, I just read that at The Clack House Laughing He did that at that last Golf fund raiser. I think he did two dinner or something.

I am sure the Spamalot cast can't get over Clay's fans and what they are willing to spend on his items up for auction.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:51 am

Clack Alert

Show: Jimmy Kimmel Live
Episode: 2008/05/15
Network: (ABC) ABC Television
Date: Friday - May 16, 2008
Time: 12:05/11:05c AM
Duration: 1:00

About: Jimmy Kimmel Live: 2008/05/15
Actor Josh Holloway; musical guest Clay Aiken (panel guest and performance).
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:09 pm

You can watch Clay in the recording studio for his new single in this video on Amazon. Too cute!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00130973W/ref=pe_24500_8920980_as_img_6/
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:51 pm

EEEK!! Pre-order your CD from QVC and get 5 Bonus tracks!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooo doing this!!!

Quote :
It looks like he has an hour on QVC now:

Quote:
CLAY AIKEN -ON MY WAY HERE/GADGETS & GIZMOS
Monday, April 28, 2008
07:00 - 08:00 PM ET
Multi-platinum selling singing sensation Clay Aiken is poised to release his first album of original material since his double-platinum debut, “Measure of a Man.” This eagerly anticipated new CD, “On My Way Here,” is set to release on May 6, 2008. Reserve your copy before it hits the stores, and receive a special 5-track Bonus CD created especially for QVC. He'll win your heart again, as Clay performs select songs from On My Way Here.Release date subject to change without notice.

Plus, I pre-ordered one from Wal-Mart online and that one has an exclusive bonus track! So that would be 6 extra songs! I so hope the QVC CDs don't run out before I can get one ordered Shocked
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 8:15 am

I cannot believe it but you can hear snippets of all the songs on the CD on a Slovenian site!! I kid you not!! The songs sound amazing! He has several uptempo songs too!

Go here

Snippets of Clay's new songs!

And do this!!

HOW TO LISTEN

Kupi- buy

Poslušaj- listen

Now you are already learn two slovenian words image

Just click on link with song title and than click on arrowimage

ETA: I have listened several times now! SOOOOO GOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:48 pm

Quote :

Rickey from rickey.org went to see Spamalot this afternoon:
Quote:
So today I unleashed my inner Claymate!

Clay Aiken is so popular it’s unreal. Did Clay Aiken dance? Yes. Did he sing an irreverent Jew-related song on Passover? Yes. Was he funny? Yes. Did I clap with reckless abandon? Yes. Yes. Yes.

I bought our tickets a few days ago, before the whole Dadchuleta-Gate and Rickey.org torching, so it turned out to be perfect timing that I watched Clay Aiken in Spamalot this afternoon with richie. It was so much fun, and even when Clay Aiken is no longer in the cast, I hope Spamalot goes on forever. The Knights who say ‘Ni’, the Black Knight, the sentimental favorite “Always Look at the Bright Side of Life” (from Life of Brian), they were all there. A great show.

Afterwards, richie gave a donation to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, and we got a picture with Clay Aiken! Clay is such a pro, even if it was obvious that he was over-worked, he asked for our names, shook our hands (yup, with the very hands that Kelly Ripa despises) and smiled for our photo op. Thanks Clay! And thanks richie for a great Saturday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:50 am

Some bigger TV appearances so far noted below. He said this list does not include the obvious like ET, Insider, etc.

4/28 QVC

5/7 GMA

5/8 The View

5/12 Leno

5/15 Kimmel

5/19 Ferguson
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:22 pm

Is Clay going to be selling something on QVC? If so, what? I don't think it would be his CD is it?
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:07 pm

Yes, he will be selling an exclusive CD/DVD on QVC and performing some of the songs. Several artists are doing this now. I found out The Stones even did it. Barry Manilow sold over 70,000 of his last CD on QVC alone.

Clay's QVC special is the new CD along with 5 songs off of Measure of a Man and the video he made for his first single "This Is The Night".
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:59 am

That is quite an unusual approach to selling music, but a good one. Thanks for the insights, FC!
Back to top Go down
Sky

Sky

Number of posts : 1260
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:08 pm

I looked and didn't see this one posted.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20080423/en_music_eo/bd5d002929d5_4e12_be5b_bb7223760992;_ylt=ApjCrYwVOd8vg0UXrxhbYIOVEhkF
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:11 pm

Thanks Sky! I love the last line! Laughing
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:45 pm

There are longer snippets from the new CD on Amazon! It is going to be an amazing CD with a lot of uptempo songs! I think Falling and Ashes are my fave so far!

Give a listen!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018AZWYA/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1209084065&sr=102-1
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:52 am

You can listen to a great interview with Clay on The Billy Bush show here:

http://www.billybushshow.com/interviews

I love that Billy seems to really like Clay and raved about the new CD. He called it fantastic! After listening to the Amazon snippets I have to agree!
Back to top Go down
Lau

Lau

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 12:38 pm

There was a mention of Clay being on the QVC next week on the Insider last night. They said something to the effect that Clay "will be using a unique marketing opportunity."
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 2:41 pm

I saw that. Like I said, it is something that several artists have done. The Stones, The Goo Goo Dolls, Manilow, Neil Diamond, and a few others. I think it is a great idea. 93 million homes get QVC so there is the potential for a millions to see him sing new songs. Plus he put together a special CD/DVD package for the QVC pre-orders.

Clay got his start on TV and it seems a great way to get the word out that he has a new CD - since radio play is not something he can count on.

I am excited to see him and hear full versions of some of the new songs. The snippets are great and RCA said they were surprised how many radio friendly songs are on the CD. Now if they would just put some money into getting any of the songs played Mad
Back to top Go down
firecracker

firecracker

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:43 am

Really good interview with Clay.

http://www.fanbolt.com/musicinterview.php?id=69&page=1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clay News!   Clay News! - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clay News!
Page 28 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next